Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tombow
^^ @Envious... - Yeah, that Ed vs Fake-Mustang part was funny!! laugh.gif
QUOTE(Envious... @ Mar 31 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]372012[/snapback]
Oh and was I the only one who found Greed vs. Envy to be immensly satisfying? smile.gif
Except, it's too short!! I wanted more!!! biggrin.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 30 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]372015[/snapback]

^^ @Envious... - Yeah, that Ed vs Fake-Mustang part was funny!! laugh.gif
Oh and was I the only one who found Greed vs. Envy to be immensly satisfying? smile.gif
Except, it's too short!! I wanted more!!! biggrin.gif

The whole collection seems too short to me. And where's my quality time with Bradley?
Jedi28

As for the conversation between Ed and Al when they fight Mustang/Envy, it goes something like this:

Al: That was great brother, you knew he was a fake all along!

Ed: He was a fake?

See, and I didn't even need to know Japanese to figure that one out! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif You could tell by the tone of voice they were both using and then the expressions. So funny! biggrin.gif

Actually a part of the Kids OVA that I did like was the kids trying to use alchemy on the manhole cover and how LONG they tried to use it! That was really cute.

I did not know that about Mary Sue. I knew what she meant but I thought she'd just picked a random name. Cool.

Has ANYONE seen the cosplay one?? I haven't heard a single thing, good or bad, about it.
Tombow
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 31 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]372026[/snapback]
Has ANYONE seen the cosplay one?? I haven't heard a single thing, good or bad, about it.
Not yet for me!! I can't see any sign of it on YouTube or anywhere!! I'll keep looking... happy.gif
MasterKris
^Cosplay? Am I missin' something here?? blink.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 31 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]372009[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 30 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]371895[/snapback]
^Actually in Japanese, the word used for uncle and grandfather is the same. It's Oji-san. It's used to call an uncle, grandpa, a middle aged man, etc.
Pssst... @MasterKris... *coughwordforGrandpainJapaneseis"ojii-san"withoneextra"i"cough*

Actually, in "Children" OVA, kids call out "Great great great great.... (keep going like a broken record, so we don't actually know how many "great" there should really be) grand-pa!!" at one point. (Says "he-he-he-he-he....O-jii-chan!!") smile.gif

Really? Well, I can't tell just by hearing it!! laugh.gif

Man, I was laughin' my head off when Winry was really Envy and that Greed flirted with him!! tongue.gif
And the Military vs Homoculus one, I DID NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY MADE IT AS IF YOU ARE A SOLDIER AND ROY IS COMMADNIN' YOU AROUND ETC. ETC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE ARE CHLIDISH STUFF IN CARTOONS OR STUFF IN VIDEO GAMES!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
I watched the part where Riza trips Roy 1000000000000000x times!! It's just too funny! biggrin.gif
Sin Of Envy
I saw 3 videos on youtube and it's awesome!!!
But wait, is a guy on Kids one Hohenheim actually? It looked like him...
MasterKris
^No, it's Ed. He's 100 years old. Happy livin' Edward. If it was Hohenheim, he would be........ about 500 years old. (no, seriously)
Jedi28
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 31 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]372225[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 31 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]372009[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 30 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]371895[/snapback]
^Actually in Japanese, the word used for uncle and grandfather is the same. It's Oji-san. It's used to call an uncle, grandpa, a middle aged man, etc.
Pssst... @MasterKris... *coughwordforGrandpainJapaneseis"ojii-san"withoneextra"i"cough*

Actually, in "Children" OVA, kids call out "Great great great great.... (keep going like a broken record, so we don't actually know how many "great" there should really be) grand-pa!!" at one point. (Says "he-he-he-he-he....O-jii-chan!!") smile.gif

Really? Well, I can't tell just by hearing it!! laugh.gif

Man, I was laughin' my head off when Winry was really Envy and that Greed flirted with him!! tongue.gif
And the Military vs Homoculus one, I DID NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY MADE IT AS IF YOU ARE A SOLDIER AND ROY IS COMMADNIN' YOU AROUND ETC. ETC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE ARE CHLIDISH STUFF IN CARTOONS OR STUFF IN VIDEO GAMES!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
I watched the part where Riza trips Roy 1000000000000000x times!! It's just too funny! biggrin.gif

There are four OVA's on the disc. The fourth one is supposed to be a cosplay of Ed searching for Al. Oddly, however, I can't find it anywhere and I haven't seen a single comment on it.

The Homunculi one was a simulator ride reel. It was never intended to be an actual movie or episode style thing, it was always intended as a ride sequence. That's why it has "you" in it.
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 31 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]372235[/snapback]

^No, it's Ed. He's 100 years old. Happy livin' Edward. If it was Hohenheim, he would be........ about 500 years old. (no, seriously)

So those kids are.......his kids?!
vfdj42
[spoiler]Spoiler Below: Highlight text below to view.

...is getting revenge!!
First, Riza accuses Roy of the way he left on the balloon and left Riza behind in the movie, and Roy frantically makes excuses, like "Eh, Ummm, the director made me do that!!"
And then Riza makes evil face, as if she came up with some evil plan to get back at Roy.
And later at the party, Riza takes up the mic, and tells everyone that she is so happy that Riza got away from Roy in the Shambara movie.
She tells that She had been distraught by how the anime series ended, as if suggesting Roy and Riza were becoming "together," but the movie dispelled that possibility, says Riza!! (Beaware of woman scorned!! XDDD)
She declears at the party that she's happy to go her own way, ALONE!!
And upon hearing that, Roy crumbles to pieces!!
Poor Roy!! XDDD [/spoiler]

NOOO! Are you serious?! x_x
Colette
Envy was adorable xD So was jealous Winry XDD
Sin Of Envy
It's weird how everybody liked Envy! That leads to y-........ou know....
vfdj42
Also, it it just me or does [spoiler] Alter!Roy cry when he loses the card game?[/spoiler]
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Mar 31 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]372305[/snapback]

Also, it it just me or does [spoiler] Alter!Roy cry when he loses the card game?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yes, he have river from his eyes coming XD[/spoiler]
Jedi28
QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Mar 31 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]372304[/snapback]

But he's just SO CUTE!!! And then he has a little microphone and is going around to try and talk to people and he's still SO CUTE!

Anyone notice that Rose (who had a really small part in the movie) is in the Chibi party but Noah is not?
Popogeejo
Jealous Winry wins.
Scar and Lust were cool too.I'm putting some pics from the chibi one into the Gallery tonight..
Colette
DAMN. Greed got owned by Envy.

The look on his face was priceless though xD Too bad he, once again, got cut off early.
Sin Of Envy
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 31 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]372311[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Mar 31 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]372304[/snapback]

But he's just SO CUTE!!! And then he has a little microphone and is going around to try and talk to people and he's still SO CUTE!

Anyone notice that Rose (who had a really small part in the movie) is in the Chibi party but Noah is not?

He is adorable but guys likes him too [with pink hearts and blushing]

I didn't saw Rose either, hooray!

Colette
Erm...I put it in spoilers just in case.

[spoiler]*Still loving the semi- EnvyxGred scene.* I hate the pairing, but that was awesome xD[/spoiler]
Popogeejo
I saw Noah when Riza was giving her first speech in that pink outfit.
As for Envy,I don't fancy him but I'd huggle that lil chibi dude all day like he was some kinda puppy.

Rose was probably in the background.They had every other character,even the panda from the manga(she and Yoki are on a poster in the back ground)

[spoiler]
I'd like to see a full on rematch between Greed and Envy.If Greed had known Winry was Envy then he'd have kicked Envys ass......or atleast put up a fight.[/spoiler]
Colette
[spoiler] I dunno, he kicked his ass pretty thoroughly.....[/spoiler]

But maybe Greed couldn't fight back out of embarrassment. xD
Jedi28
I was wondering if Envy couldn't have busted out of those ropes any time he wanted. I'm not sure he'd have let Gree tie him up (even if he was trying to pretend to be Winry) if it would have actually hindered him.

When Riza is in her pink outfit I thought it was Rose kneeling at one side, she was in her original outfit from Liore that she had on in the first episode. I never saw Noah at all, you'd think if she were there that Winry would have put the smackdown on her.

And yeah, to whoever said it, the kids are supposed to be Ed's though I guess they could be Al's. That's why there's a couple posts about how the heck you get an Al/Ed/Winry lookalike combination. Also, how come all the Hagaren doubles live near Ed? From the movie you have Bradley/Psiren/Lust/Scar/Hughes/Gracia/ and Dante, then from the OVA you have Ed/Al/Winry/Hughes/Roy/ and Havoc.
Popogeejo
BUt if it was Rose I didn't see her Pink hair....

I'm gonna have watch it again..poor me rolleyes.gif
Sin Of Envy
[spoiler]Envy and Greed fight was best, too bad it wasn't any longer. They all seem little different then in anime....[/spoiler]
Popogeejo
Yeah,Lust seemed upset for no reason atall.
On the plus side Sloth had quite a big part which was unexpected.

Greed and Envy deserve their own OVA to duke it out.
Sin Of Envy
I think I have found Roze!

IPB Image
Popogeejo
Could be...
Lyra and Elycia look cool and Armstring just looks awesome.
Sin Of Envy
Poor Roy. Got pwned by Riza.
Jedi28
QUOTE(Sin Of Envy @ Mar 31 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]372364[/snapback]

I think I have found Roze!

IPB Image

Yeah, I think that is Rose. The hair color isn't quite dark enough but if you look close you can see part of a pink bang.

And I take it back, Noah is definitely there (unfortunately). When Riza is addressing the group in her blue uniform (after the pink outfit incident) you can see Noah kneeling with the rest of them on the right side of the screen. Then shortly before that you can see a scrolling screen of all the characters looking freaked and screaming, Noah is in that one as well right next to Psiren.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 30 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]371891[/snapback]

I'm not positive that's what they say. After Envy jumps up on the balcony and reveals he's Envy, Al looks at Ed and looks and sounds impressed (to me anyway). He then says something that sounds like a question and gets his WTH expression when Ed answers. That's why I think it's what I said it was.

That was...

Al: Oh! Colonel.
Ed: *Glares and charges.* * Envy turns back*
Al: Well done, niisan! You were able to tell it was an imposter!
Ed: ... imposter?
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i just saw them! i loved them exept for the grand-childern one, they did'nt have to make poor Edo old >_> but it was still cute happy.gif even though i had no idea of what they were saying, the Homunculus battle was full of smexy-ness biggrin.gif

and WTC!
[spoiler] Archer and Kimbley fans can rejioce! is that Mecha!Archer going insane there? and is that, Kimbley being as crazy as ever? tongue.gif [/spoiler]

i don't know if i'm allowed to do this but if you guys wanna see it PM me and i'll give you links

(^^^ feel free to delete that if i was'nt supposed to do that...eh heh heh ^^; )
Toby-Chan

As for what Envy was saying... I'm not quite sure as my Japanese is horrible, but I can tell that it was in an uncharactaristically cute and girly dialect that seemed to either be meant to seduce them all, or just shows the secret side of Envy that was there all along. It was something like

Envy: *Gasps* It was hot in there!
Everyone- *heart*
Ross: Chu chuu! ('Kiss kiss')
Ed: E- Envy! What are you doing here?
Envy: (I can't tell everything he's saying, but it seems to be a complaint about- sometime [maybe when they were in a fight scene] Ed hit him for real, and "I got a owwie~!")
Everyone- *Superheart!*

As for the Al/Alfons/Ed thing. Ed says, "Heiderich! You're here after all!" And Al fills in for Alfons "Yes, it's been a while." Ed then bows and says "Thank you for everything", and Al continues to put words in Alfons' mouth, which appear to be something embarassing, (If only he wasn't talking so fast!) Alfons has a priceless look, like "Um... I really don't mean that, Edwardsan!"

As for the jealous Winry, if I recall correctly, it's something like this,

Ed: (To Al) You little...
Winry: It's not just 'you little'!
Ed: Huh? Winry, what's up?
Winry: *Mockingly* 'Winry, what's up?' (XD I love her seiyuu) *Fishes out anime magazine with Noa in it* Who the hell is THIS!
Al: Uh... that's Rose-san... isn't it?
Winry: Liar. Tell me. Who the HELL is this!
Ed: Well, you see Winry, about that- it's this Gypsy girl named Noa, and she was helping with-
Winry: I don't care about that! What does she have to do with you?
Ed: N- nothing really.
Winry: Then, what about THIS! *Holds up screencap of Ed and Noa in bed*
Ed: Tha-
Winry: *Grumbles* And to think this whole time I was so worried about you... *Produces ominous tools*

(Screaming ensues)
Colette
Thanks for the translations Toby-Chan

The Ross saying "Chuu chuu!" really confused me. But it was cute.
Fontine_the_crazy_alchemist
i saw all of them yesterday i loved them all The chibi's were just soooooooooooooo Cute!!!!!!!!1 especially havoc-san, i wonder why he kept babbling on i guess he was drunk like every other person in there, oh well the homunclus one was funny too i liked the part where all of them get flushed out, by sloth.
Sin Of Envy
Funny part was when Ed's face changed into his not-chibi one with the rest of his body still chibi XD
vfdj42
[spoiler]

Yes, he have river from his eyes coming XD[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Baah. I had hoped it was just a mistake/lighting thing or something. x_x [/spoiler]
MasterKris
This thead is goin' too fast for me.... XX-O

Now that I think... it seemed as if these OVA's were all... just.... pointless.....

And yeah, to whoever said it, the kids are supposed to be Ed's though I guess they could be Al's. That's why there's a couple posts about how the heck you get an Al/Ed/Winry lookalike combination. Also, how come all the Hagaren doubles live near Ed? From the movie you have Bradley/Psiren/Lust/Scar/Hughes/Gracia/ and Dante, then from the OVA you have Ed/Al/Winry/Hughes/Roy/ and Havoc.

Psiren?? Psiren???? When does SHE appear in the movie????? blink.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 31 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]372433[/snapback]

Thanks for the translations Toby-Chan

Well, I'm pretty sure she was doing that as a sort of encouraging cheer for Breda stripping. I thought that was bloody hilarious that she broke the silence with a continued "Chu chu!"

Did that mean she was subtly hinting that she wanted Envy to strip too?

But who didn't?
Fontine_the_crazy_alchemist
that was soo adorable her and havoc kept going on havoc kepy on babbling and chee kept on going Chu- Chu!
Alchemic Boom
Wow just saw all three of the OVAs... really I was never that interested in them until I heard that Archer and Kimblee were in them.

I'm so glad I checked them out. Loved them all, chibi one was hilarious. Spotted Barry, Archer and a lot of random characters there. My favorite would have to be the State Alchemist VS. Homunculi one. Everyone knows why.

[spoiler]Even though I love the fact of Kimblee and Archer being there... why is Archer there? He's not a state alchemist or some part of Roy's groupie bunch.[/spoiler]
I <3 GreedXEnvy. Even if it was an accident. Wish that fight was longer...

The only thing I disliked about these was we didn't get to see the Fuhrer pwnerz anybody.
Jedi28
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 31 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]372506[/snapback]

This thead is goin' too fast for me.... XX-O

Now that I think... it seemed as if these OVA's were all... just.... pointless.....

Psiren?? Psiren???? When does SHE appear in the movie????? blink.gif

The main evil bad chick who gets shot by AlterHughes at the end, I thought she was AlterPsiren. Am I the only one who thought that? Wouldn't be the first time I suppose. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edit: When Ed saw her for the first time (the first time he went to the Thule castle and completed the transmutation circle on the floor) I thought he said, "Psiren?" before he figured out it wasn't her.
Tombow
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 31 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]372429[/snapback]
As for what Envy was saying... It was something like
Envy: *Gasps* It was hot in there!
Everyone- *heart*
Ross: Chu chuu! ('Kiss kiss')
Ed: E- Envy! What are you doing here?
Envy: (I can't tell everything he's saying, but it seems to be a complaint about- sometime [maybe when they were in a fight scene] Ed hit him for real, and "I got a owwie~!")
Everyone- *Superheart!*
Thanks for the nice translation, @'Toby-Chan!!
This is the missing part. happy.gif
Ed: "Envy!! You were inside that (dragon) suits?"
Envy: "Sure I was!!" Yet, Edward-san hit me for real....

QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Mar 31 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]372433[/snapback]
@Summoner Colette - I could be wrong, but I think Ross was doing that partly because she was trying to ignore Havoc who was sitting next to Ross, and kept talking to Ross and going on and on biggrin.gif
Jedi28
Did anyone notice in the Homunculi OVA that when the wall of water came flying out, Riza was the only one who got out of the way and had her guns drawn? Roy was kneeling behind her but I think the idea was she actually grabbed him out of the way. Way to go Riza!! biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 31 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]372225[/snapback]
I double-checked the magazine article (just in case) that had a brief comments from Seiji Mizushima, the director of OVA pieces, and I think that "cosplay" thingy is the 4th OVA piece that is "Live action" short with a story of "armored Al serching for Ed". happy.gif

Oh, and in the same director's comment thingy, Mizushima talks about "Children" OVA piece that "it is a short sotry in which children, whose looks would probably remind viewers of young Ed and Al."
Interestingly, he didn't say they were descendants of Ed, nor that of Al. smile.gif

(ETA: I just got attacked by whole bunch of spam windows, and had to shut down the computer briefly.
Does anyone-else getting spam windows while on this board???)
Jedi28
I think they do a little more than just remind us of Ed and Al. Interesting though that they might not be Ed or Al's children. They have to have some relation due to the fact that they're going to visit Ed. I guess they could just be the new AlterEd and AlterAl. We already know that the original AlterEd died in episode 50 and the original AlterAl died in the movie.

Someone said that Al's name is mentioned and that shows he's still living in the Children's OVA. I never heard it said though, where is it?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 1 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]372632[/snapback]
(ETA: I just got attacked by whole bunch of spam windows, and had to shut down the computer briefly.
Does anyone-else getting spam windows while on this board???)

I can't say that I have,but that could just be the pop up/ad blocks I have.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Apr 1 2006, 01:56 AM) [snapback]372626[/snapback]
Thanks for the nice translation, @'Toby-Chan!!
This is the missing part. happy.gif
Ed: "Envy!! You were inside that (dragon) suits?"
Envy: "Sure I was!!" Yet, Edward-san hit me for real....

Oh thank you! <3

(Do you happen to have an idea what Al is saying in place of Alfons?)
Colette
I have come to the conclusion that State Alchemists are terrible artists.

With the exception of Major Armstrong, who is a prodigy.
Popogeejo
Weren't those the pics Ed did?
There crude but funny as hell.Loving the Gluttony and Wrath.
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 1 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]372703[/snapback]

Weren't those the pics Ed did?
There crude but funny as hell.Loving the Gluttony and Wrath.

Is this OVA licensed?
i could ask a fansub group to sub it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.