Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma-1 Ova
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Automne
Hints about a new sequel (which would have been crap anyway) was already too much for you to hope for. FMA and its ending is good as it is now, and it is better for it to stay that way.

And I don't know if I can give any information. Go to Livejournal and visit the fm_alchemist community, someone just posted a link, though I think this is just the chibi one.
Jedi28
You really enjoyed busting THAT particular bubble didn't ya? biggrin.gif laugh.gif Oh well, I'd pretty much busted it myself already.

Automne
Oh my...Just saw the kids from 2005 OAV...IT IS CRAP!! I am more than disappointed, I don't know what they were thinking, honestly! Everyone will have a different idea about this but, for my part, I DISLIKE it to a GREAT deal!

Jedi, I'm sorry to really burst your bubble this time, my dear, but don't await for any sequel at all anymore...
Jedi28
my poor bubble................. sad.gif

On the bright side, I've slowly come to make my peace with the movie. It involves having to totally shut your brain down and watch it for pure entertainment purposes only (no thinking about horrible plot holes), then turning on your brain long enough to say, "Yeah, Ed and Al are back together!" and then quickly shutting it back down. biggrin.gif

Also, The Pirates of the Caribbean movie sequel comes out in a few months AND there's going to be a third one in a year or two. Then the Chronicles of Narnia sequel comes out next year, the Bleach movie comes out in December, next month I'll be able to get the third FMA novel plus the new Bleach manga and the new Fruits Basket manga AND the new FMA chapter comes out. Then in May the seventh FMA manga comes out (plus a new chapter) and the next DVD and then.................................

So I still have things to look forward to that I know won't be disappointing! I still have bubbles!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
MasterKris
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 29 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]370943[/snapback]

Got the advice from one of my friends who saw the OAV. Said it was utter crap, OOC and foolish as hell. I guess she was talking about the entire OAV so yeah, I'll wait to see it myself, but I'm not as thrilled anymore.

OOC?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh~~ is it more of a utter crap than the movie?? After seeing the OVA's, it's REALLY over. Can't wait seeing Brenda in a bikini.
Automne
Yes, yes, it's really over. That's why I truly disliked it. Bones could have let us dream and imagine the future of Hagaren ourselves but noooooooo. They made an OAV that ruins everything and that plus doesn't make sense, IMHO.

About the chibi OAV, it's not bad. Could have been a bit longer. Envy was adorable and

[spoiler]almost everyone fell in love with him.[/spoiler]

Still neutral about this one though. Will wait to see The Alchemists VS The Seven Homunculi to really build an opinion. I hope this one will at least be satisfying...:sigh: And I who was so impatient because they barely made anything with the homunculi...
MasterKris
Just saw the screencaps of the three OVA's. MAN.... just even by seeing the caps was TERRIBLE....

First off, the Kid one.
Man, Ed, Al, and Winry seeing the
[spoiler]FMA movie ad and the stacks of FMA magazines in shops while they walk..... that is just WRONG.... ph34r.gif JUST PLAIN WRONG.... [/spoiler]

Yay! Not only we see Ed, Al, and Winry, but also
[spoiler]KID ROY, BRENDA, HAVOC, AND FARMAN!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif though I think they're in early teenager years.... tongue.gif

................E..EDWARD??? blink.gif MAN~~ He looks OLD.... though we barely see his face, he looks like Hohenheim... And who's that man with *cough40-ishcough* Ed in the picture?? The most wrong thing IS, that Ed is right there living in a apartment while somewhere in Tokyo, an anime called FMA exists... JUST WRONG...[/spoiler]

The chibi one
[spoiler]Like SinLuxuria said, I wish it would have been longer. Everyone fallin' in love with Envy is just...creepy... (Ed didn't, srry tellin' ya EnvyxEd fans) The most weird person is Riza, she seems to behave just the opposite of her personality.... a glimpse of Arakawa-sensei in there! And Winry, wow, she gets drunk... and then she holds up pictures of Ed with Noah (a.k.a. when Noah reads Ed's mind) and different girls with Ed gettin' all mad.

The most funniest one is when suddenly Ed gets his *real anime serious face (not chibi if you know what I mean)* with still the body of a chibi! And then Al'S expression goes, "WTF??" and Al gets his *real anime serious face* too. laugh.gif [/spoiler]

The last one, Ho vs Mi
[spoiler]Yay~ Ed's kidnapped again! This time in anime form! It seems that Greed is flirting as always (Winry) and I luv it how Ed is the only one hanging upside down! Greed and Envy has a pretty funny fight! Roy seems to have a special part in this.[/spoiler]

Eh~ The OVA's does seem to suck like crap...

@SinLuxuria - The OVA's of animes are suppose to have NOTHIN' to do with the original anime series. They're just for fun. Like gaidens or omakes of mangas.
Keoni
OMG! you guys have actually seen it?! ohmy.gif I'm envy you...

Personally I don't really care if it sucks, I want to see it anyway! I'm looking forward to the State Alchemist vs hommunculi bit. It's supposed to be really cool.

As for OVA, Masterkris is absolutely right, it's perfectly normal they have nothing to do with the original, although there are exceptions, like Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz for instance.

Iwannasee Iwannasee Iwannasee! biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
Only seen the chibi one so far. It'd be cool if Hawkeye wasn't being so buggy.

But Ninja!Scar totli rules! XD

And Moe!Envy... *dies*
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 29 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]371147[/snapback]

It'd be cool if Hawkeye wasn't being so buggy.

Buggy Hawkeye amuses me for some odd reason. There`s just something I love about normally serious characters who start actling like they are in need of intense mental therapy. laugh.gif
MasterKris
Oh yeah! The ninja-scar! tongue.gif
It was pretty creepy when he suddenly threw that... that.... star....
Envious...
Hello, I've scanned this topic and didn' see anyone putting these particular pics up. So here they are:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6049/11436638009569ka.gif

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8880/11436638438294az.gif

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6705/11436639125587nm.gif

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1079/11436639572264jj.gif

Wow, they are bigger than I thought. Ok, changed it to links.
black_dragon_Miyoko
wow, those are cool
MasterKris
Gasp!! 9.11 event newspaper! And I'm still wondering who the hect is that dude next to *coughEdcough*

Some screencaps!
[attachmentid=4818]
Envious...
IPB Image

Heh FMA advertising itself. Is this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

And those pics I put up seems to indicate a scene well after the end of the movie. But this would put Ed's age at what? 70-80 years?
Toby-Chan
Yeah, that Kids short was horrible. Not only in animation quality, but in a "Way to ruin the magic for us, BONES!" kind of way...

dude... EdxRandom Black Guy = OTP? ph34r.gif
Envious...
Hey I found an internet link that lets you see all three OVAs (I'm sure some of you here knew of it already).

I would love to post the links here, but are we allowed on this forum?
MasterKris
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 29 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]371328[/snapback]

Yeah, that Kids short was horrible. Not only in animation quality, but in a "Way to ruin the magic for us, BONES!" kind of way...

dude... EdxRandom Black Guy = OTP? ph34r.gif

I actually had a historical figure in mind about the RBG... but now I'm afraid to admit it due to the sudden unexpected pairing.... ph34r.gif

When Ed's in Munichi in 1921, he's 16. So... he's 100 years old in 2005.
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Yeah, seriously, way to go BONES. dry.gif
Toby-Chan
lol thei dun count 2 gud.

Nepharski
From the screencaps, the Chibi afterparty looks really funny (Eckhart calmly sipping tea while Izumi and Wrath have a stare down). Can't say I know what going on with the children one, but I assume there are more forces at work her...like self-agrandizement.
Jedi28
YouTube has at least two up that I saw. They're not subbed but at least you can see them. One is the Alchemists vs. the Homunculi and the other is uploaded with the title of Ed's grandkids or something, I think it's the children one. Just type in FullMetal Alchemist into the search engine and then select show by date added (as opposed to rating). The other two OVA's are probably there as well, I just didn't see them right off.

I really hope Funimation picks them up and Vic gets to do Ed again. Somehow that just seems like it'd be even funnier.
Envious...
Just search "FMA OVA" on Youtube, you are sure to get all three.
Wyrd_Raven
So far of the three.... the Chibi one is the best. The Grandkids one just leaves me wondering and I mean...
[spoiler]Ed pulling a Hohenheim on us? Did Al make the movie or Ed? AUGH[/spoiler]

The theme park "Movie" is all out bravado like I saw with the Kamen Rider Black RX theme park movie "Stay in the World."

I can't comment on the fourth film so I shan't make any judgements there.
Automne
MasterKris: I know the Chibis and TH VS TA OAVs have nothing to do with the anime, I mean, duh, this is pretty obvious! rolleyes.gif However, the kids one was pretty self-explanatory and crappy. But, once again, that's just my opinion.
Jedi28
The kids one didn't make a lot of sense. Who did Ed marry and have kids with? Did Winry somehow come over to that world and he married her and had a little Ed and a little Winry? And how creepy is it that he has a grandkid/kid/whatever that looks like his brother? None of that makes ANY sense. I do understand the movie and series promo stuff, they can just say that Ed and/or Al wrote their life story and it was made into a series/movie. One good thing I like about the OVA was that Al was like two FEET taller than Ed in the picture it showed. THAT was funny!

The Homunculus OVA, what was with Al? He was about two or three feet taller than normal and WAY thinner. I liked the Ed tied upside down thing. The thing is set up like a simulator ride (which it was) so it had "you" viewing the action. "You" are given a ring which you eventually use to "save the day" and defeat the Homuncui. Ed talks to "you," probably thanking you and then he and Al had off into the sunset.

The Chibi OVA was cute. Gluttony eats a bunch of people. Winry kicks the snot out of Ed for the Noah incident (she has a picture of Noah leaning over Ed in bed to read his mind during the movie).

Didn't see the fourth OVA so can't comment on it.

I think it'll be fun when it gets subbed so I know what's being said and then when it gets dubbed (I hope).
Tombow
I just watched three anime ones on YouTube.
I loved the Chibi one!! It's quite funny and entertaining.
So many funny scenes, but Winry part was great!! laugh.gif
[spoiler]Chibi Winry getting drunk, and then brings out the tabloid magazine article with a pic of Noah aploaching Ed in bed, (the scene from Shambara movie,) then starts talking to Ed: "What is this??? what the heck is this?? Who is she?? Who the heck is SHE??" ...and goes on like "Are you getting some nookies away from me??!!!" That's chibi-Winry talking, mind you!! XDDDD
[/spoiler]Hilarious!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Nepharski
Seen three of the four OAVs. Now for some thoughtless commentary.

Grandchildren

Despite the suspention of disbelief that Edward would have descendants who look exactly like him, his brother, and someone not even related to him, I thought this piece served nicely as closure. We now know that Edward lived through the War, and that his story continued, to some degree, and that in the end, he came out alive. Unfortunately, there is no note of how long, exactly, Alphonse or Noah lived, nor the status of those in the Hargen world, although we do know that Alphonse must have survived for a bit at least, as his apparent growth spurt. Convoluted? Sure. But don't say they didn't give us closure. Besides, I like the idea that Edward came to this world and told his story.

Afterparty

Although I couldn't understand a word of what anyone was saying, I laughed out loud. Really. The art style only added to the mayhem, and I walked away feeling genuinely appeases. Wish it was longer, though.

Alchemists vs. Homunculi

Neither cannon nor kosher, I still found this OAV to be worth my time. It's pretty much an omake of the series, and an very much needed one at that (what with the darker tone of later episodes). Showcased lots of under-represented characters, although I use the term loosely, and was genuinely entertaining. My only hash with the piece is that, although the title clearly states that this is "The State Alchemists Vs. The Seven Homunculi," Pride doesn't get his fair spot in the sun. To be honest, no, he couldn't have appeared fighting against the Military or the Homunculi (As he is technically on both sides), but they could have at least had him, I don't know, babbling on about something or another. "Thanks for watching the show. Do you like mellons?"

But that's just my 3 cents.
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 11:53 PM)
The kids one didn't make a lot of sense. Who did Ed marry and have kids with? Did Winry somehow come over to that world and he married her and had a little Ed and a little Winry? And how creepy is it that he has a grandkid/kid/whatever that looks like his brother? None of that makes ANY sense. I do understand the movie and series promo stuff, they can just say that Ed and/or Al wrote their life story and it was made into a series/movie. One good thing I like about the OVA was that Al was like two FEET taller than Ed in the picture it showed. THAT was funny!

Did you see a lot of things that actually made sense in the movie? I doubt the Winry-look alike is one of his children. If the Ed and Al-looks alike are his, then, Ed is even more a sinner that we thought and had certainly a big Oedipus complex since the beginning of the series and found some Alter!Trisha. Anyway, I'm sure no one in the fandom will take that OAV in consideration.
Tombow
More spoiler from "Chibi at the Party"...
Riza...
[spoiler]...is getting revenge!!
First, Riza accuses Roy of the way he left on the balloon and left Riza behind in the movie, and Roy frantically makes excuses, like "Eh, Ummm, the director made me do that!!"
And then Riza makes evil face, as if she came up with some evil plan to get back at Roy.
And later at the party, Riza takes up the mic, and tells everyone that she is so happy that Riza got away from Roy in the Shambara movie.
She tells that She had been distraught by how the anime series ended, as if suggesting Roy and Riza were becoming "together," but the movie dispelled that possibility, says Riza!! (Beaware of woman scorned!! XDDD)
She declears at the party that she's happy to go her own way, ALONE!!
And upon hearing that, Roy crumbles to pieces!!
Poor Roy!! XDDD[/spoiler]
Automne
Okayyyy, now, more thoughts:

Just watched The Homunculi VS The Alchemists...I got to admit, I liked this one the best.

[spoiler]There was Archer (XDD), there was Kimblee (<3), and let's not talk about the awesomness of the homunculi! (especially the Envy VS Greed scene! Hilarious!)...[/spoiler]

But oh-oh! Bones! Now, that was priceless!

[spoiler]I discovered I had deafeted my own favorite characters and that you had insterted me into the OAV by transforming me into some ubber-powerful Mary-sue alchemist! What's my alchemist name, huh? The Ice Alchemist? The Rose Alchemist, or some crap like that? Ooooh, and of course, no need to make an alternate ending, or something like that, where I am...hum...I don't know...by the homuculi's side? Noooo, let's forget that, it would have been even more Mary-sue-ish! So why not an alternate ending where the homunculi where actually winning in some form?[/spoiler]

No, I forgot, your brain certainly worked too much after coming up with this awesome 'Children of 2005' and 'Chibis Party' idea! rolleyes.gif So sorry!

Oh, anyway, thanks, Tombow for the translation!
Tombow
Bit more spoilers for "State Alchemist vs. 7 Homuncli"
[spoiler]In the begining, right at the end of Roy's mission briefing speech and when everyone head out to fight homuncli, we learn that there is an unseen State Alchemist traninee tagging along for the mission. Roy talks to this unseen State Alchemist trainee (this looks as if Roy is talking to you from screen) to come along for the mission, then gives a ring with a transmutation circle on it, saying during the mission there may not be enough time to draw the transmutation circle, so the ring might help.
And, toward the end of the story, the trainee is urged to use the ring, like, voices tell "Go ahead, use it!!" like that. Then, supposedly, the trainee uses the ring and do alchemy, and that's when the ring gets activated, and everything goes green and a huge explosion takes place. [/spoiler]
Yeah, since this OVA piece was an attraction for the theme park, I wasn't expecting much, and considering that, I enjoyed it, and it was nice to see all these faces again!! Too bad it was short... happy.gif
Jedi28
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Mar 30 2006, 01:26 AM) [snapback]371390[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Yesterday @ 11:53 PM)

Did you see a lot of things that actually made sense in the movie? I doubt the Winry-look alike is one of his children. If the Ed and Al-looks alike are his, then, Ed is even more a sinner that we thought and had certainly a big Oedipus complex since the beginning of the series and found some Alter!Trisha. Anyway, I'm sure no one in the fandom will take that OAV in consideration.

Are you accusing me of thinking that the movie made sense?!?!?!?! biggrin.gif And I never even THOUGHT of that particular thing with Ed and AlterTrish. Actually, I wouldn't think of that OVA as canon because:
[spoiler] A: The other three aren't canon so it'd be hard to say that "Oh, this one is canon but the others on the same disc aren't."
B: Ed would have had to have had children with AlterTrish AND AlterWinry to get those kids.
C: Ed is one hundred years old but has NO gray hair and is apparently in perfect health?
D: Al is apparently dead as evidenced by Ed's looking at the picture and Al not being there. I don't think Ed would have outlived Al by that long due to their closeness and I just personallly disagree with any kind of ending to FMA that leaves the brothers separated.
E: I also personally disagree with Ed never getting to go back to Amestris and that he failed his mission to get the bomb anyway, as evidenced by its being used during WWII which he knew about in episode 50. [/spoiler]

As for the ride themed one, that's a standard simulator style thing. No surprises there. Probably the Chibi one was the best of the three (probably of the four since it's a cosplay and I don't like those much in the first place).

So there are three factual reasons it ain't canon and two personal reasons. biggrin.gif
Automne
QUOTE(Jedi28 Posted Today @ 08:33 AM)
[spoiler]A: The other three aren't canon so it'd be hard to say that "Oh, this one is canon but the others on the same disc aren't."[/spoiler]

I don't see what's wrong with it. This is perfectly possible.

[spoiler]B: Ed would have had to have had children with AlterTrish AND AlterWinry to get those kids.[/spoiler]

Re-read the post you quoted. I said the Winry-look alike certainly is not his.

[spoiler]C: Ed is one hundred years old but has NO gray hair and is apparently in perfect health?[/spoiler]

Bones loves plot-holes. And if my count is good,

[spoiler]since Ed was 18 in 1921, then, in 2005, he's 102-years-old, not 100...And what tells you the Gate didn't mess with his anatomy somewhat?[/spoiler]

That's the only explaination, or this is another plot-hole.

[spoiler]D: Al is apparently dead as evidenced by Ed's looking at the picture and Al not being there. I don't think Ed would have outlived Al by that long due to their closeness and I just personallly disagree with any kind of ending to FMA that leaves the brothers separated.[/spoiler]

Al is alive. The children said his name when talking to Ed. The only problem I have with it is that they don't live together.

[spoiler]E: I also personally disagree with Ed never getting to go back to Amestris and that he failed his mission to get the bomb anyway, as evidenced by its being used during WWII which he knew about in episode 50.[/spoiler]

Well, sorry, dear, but you shouldn't have excepted a sequel at all. Like I already said in other threads, there were plenty of reasons that confirmed Ed and Al would never go back to Amestris. And about the Uranium bomb, well, looks like Bones didn't want to change the history of our world in some way once again.

But, like I already said, this is pretty obvious no one will take this OAV in consideration. Oh, and Ed...do us a favour and die already!
Jedi28
I listened to it without sound so I didn't hear them say Al's name. I figured I can't speak Japanese anyway so why bother listening to it? Well, that's cool then if he's not dead. Perhaps they live in the same complex (next door to each other) or perhaps Al is just currently traveling, or perhaps they DO live together and Al was just out at the moment. Won't know till the subbed version comes out I suppose.

I'm just saying a standard for judging can often (but not always) be to look at the surrounding things. It seems odd to have one canon OVA that's surrounded by three non-canon OVA's. I would almost tend to think of it as an alternate ending type scenario. In this one, instead of being together and going off to fight the war/bomb/travel/whatever, Ed and Al were able to settle down peacefully and live out their lives. Another thing is the teenage Roy and Havoc. It seems to farfetched to have an identical Ed/Al/Winry/Roy/Havoc all as children. I don't think Bones intended it to be canon BUT there's no way of knowing unless they come right out and say whether or not they meant it to be canon.

I thought all three were his grandchildren but perhaps the Winry lookalike was just a friend like you said. Still brings in the scary AlterTrisha thoughts though. biggrin.gif blink.gif

Edward was 16 when the series ended and 18 when the movie started. Al was 10 when the series ended and 13 when the movie started (can we say PLOTHOLE as to how Ed managed to age two years in two years and Al aged three years in two years?? Maybe the sub just translated it wrong though.) It is 1923 when the movie opens, so that's 82 years from 1923 to 2005 (which is when the OVA says the date is). So that makes Ed 100 years old and Al 95 years old. I suppose the gate could have messed with his anatomy but you'd think people would notice after a while that he wasn't aging. You'd also think they'd have noticed his automail and been wanting to know about it. I'm actually surprised to see that it's still in such great shape, where'd he get the maintenance for it? Maybe Winry just makes it that well. I'm going off on a tangent here. laugh.gif

Sigh, I did expect a sequel or at least I really wanted one. Much sadness. biggrin.gif

Don't tell Ed to die! laugh.gif

Look how much time and energy we're both spending on an OVA that we both already agreed was crap!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Edit: Okay, I figured out the reason for the grandkids OVA. It was Bones' way of saying, "So you didn't like the ending to the movie? Look, it could have been SO much worse!" Then we the fans say, "Wow, we suddenly like the ending we got!" Reminds me of the Omake from the Manga where Al is bugging Ed about why he put him in a suit of armor and Ed pulls out the only other two options which were little bobblehead dolls. Al says, "never mind, I'm good with what I got."
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Jedi28 @ Mar 30 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]371518[/snapback]

I listened to it without sound so I didn't hear them say Al's name.

They say "Uncle" a few times, IINM.

And the rest of your post I'm not reading because you're picking this thing apart.
Envious...
Can anyone help me get the RAWs (of course, only help me if you are allowed to)? I'm interested in obtaining them for icon purposes. I have watched them multiple times on Youtube, but they don't really let you d/l from there, and my regular searches have come up empty-handed.
Popogeejo
I really liked the State Alchemists agaisnt the Homunculus.
My only problem is that Greed got booted out to quick.
I want to know why Lust looked so sad and why Pride never fought.

The Chibi one was cool.It looked like an after party for the film.Riza didn't seem that strange although the horde of puppys was....diffrent.
They were all so cute though,especaily lil' Envy.

State alchemists:8/10
Chibi party:7/10

Both worth a watch but with a pinch of salt.
Jedi28
Hey, you go to college, they teach you to analyze everything, question everything, and then it leaches through ALL your thinking! Being an English Major is a big part of it too because in that area being extremely analytical is considered a good thing. I keep going on the 12-Step program to overcome being an overanalyzer but then I always hit step 13: RELAPSE! biggrin.gif Strangely enough, I'm an equal oppurtunity offender. I'm just as bad with Lord of the Rings and it's my FAVORITE movie trilogy of all time and I've seen each movie over ten times. The Extended Edition no less. Ah well, back to my support group I suppose. "Hi, my name is....and I like to analyze things a lot." laugh.gif

I liked the other OVA's, I hope Vic and the others get to do them. They're sure to have a lot of fun.

Maybe Lust looked sad because (according to the OVA) she was stuck in the suit of armor and only got a little screen time at the end. I don't know why Pride didn't fight, good question. The title is the State Alchemists vs. the 7 Homunculi, not the 6.
Popogeejo
you may want to try Torrent spy.
Toby-Chan
As for the "Mary Sue" argument for Military vs Homunculi one, please keep in mind that this animation was made for the Fullmetal Alchemist ride in Universal Studios. Those are the kind of thrill rides where you're meant to believe you are a part of the action. (Although using anime seems like it wouldn't be very convincing.) I thought the animation was pretty wonky too. Rather lazy.

QUOTE(Ronaldo Rodregez @ Mar 30 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]371592[/snapback]

They say "Uncle" a few times, IINM.

"Jii jii jii chan!"

That was pretty cute.
Jedi28
Toby-Chan- I like your Envy sig. Chibi Envy is the number ONE reason to buy the OVA! That's like the greatest part, I can't even see the picture without cracking up! laugh.gif
Popogeejo
He's just so cute...
Jedi28
Yes, Chibi Envy is love. biggrin.gif Hey Toby-Chan, is that what he's actually saying? The more I watch the Chibi OVA, the more I like that one. I'd like to know what the conversation is between Ed, Al, and Alphonse Heindreich. Ed starts talking to him and then puts his head down, then Al starts talking from behind Ed for a while and both Ed and Alphonse start sweating and then Ed turns and Al looks evil and so forth.... it looks funny.

The Homunculus one is cool once you understand that it's intended to be a reel for a simulator ride. What's funny in that one is Ed after attacking Envy/Roy. I don't know what they're saying but based on body language and what I already know about Ed and FMA, I THINK it's Al: Brother that was so cool! But how did you know that wasn't the Colonel?? Ed: I didn't. Al: What?!

Still haven't seen the cosplay one so can't comment, I wonder why it hasn't been uploaded yet.

The Kids one is all right, I can take it or leave it. Anyone notice that the cop in it that gives directions to the Ed lookalike is Hughes? That's anothe reason why I think it's meant as an alternate ending style OVA. Also, at the end when they're doing the "Uncle" chant are they speaking of Ed? That would make them Al's kids then.

So I guess I love one, like a second one, and am neutral about the third, can't comment on the fourth. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out though just so I can get my friends to see the Chibi one and then they'll give me "are you insane?" looks. laugh.gif
MasterKris
OOO!! I just watched the Chibi OVA and the Children one.

......................................................*long pause*...........................................................
FMA is truely over.....................................................................................................

Now, I won't shout out stuff that I truely hated about the OVA, I'll just do that to my friends. (I'm evil, yeah)
But there's someting I'm wonderin'. Are children Ed, Al, AND Winry all Ed's grandkids?? I mean, Ed and Al are explainable but a chlid that looks like Winry?????? It's kinda pointin' toward the fact, 'Ed got married to 'other' Winry.'

The Children OVA was pleasent. No worries, all the action and battles are over, a calm piece. Sometimes, an OVA like this is needed in an anime like FMA. (The card game Roy and Brenda are playing, is that Pokémon??)
And the policeofficer, he kinda looks like.... like........... Hughes...............
I'm still wondering about the black guy next to Ed in the picture. Anyone found out who it is? *note: I have a historical figure in mind, but when I think it's him, I bang my head and laugh out loudly saying, "that can't be, that can't be"*

The chibi one... it's amusin'.... in a way.... it's cute.... ME WANT TRANSLATIONS FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XX-O
It was just hilarious when the armor guys came out saying stuff when you finish work. laugh.gif

The Homunculus one is cool once you understand that it's intended to be a reel for a simulator ride. What's funny in that one is Ed after attacking Envy/Roy. I don't know what they're saying but based on body language and what I already know about Ed and FMA, I THINK it's Al: Brother that was so cool! But how did you know that wasn't the Colonel?? Ed: I didn't. Al: What?!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Haven't seen that one yet, I'm gonna watch it now!
Jedi28
I'm not positive that's what they say. After Envy jumps up on the balcony and reveals he's Envy, Al looks at Ed and looks and sounds impressed (to me anyway). He then says something that sounds like a question and gets his WTH expression when Ed answers. That's why I think it's what I said it was.

Yeah, the policeman WAS Hughes. You can see the long hair strand thing sticking out from under his hat.

Are the kids Ed's grandchildren or his grandnephews and niece? They're singing a little "uncle" chant apparently at the end of the OVA. If that's true, it would make Ed their Uncle and Al their father or grandfather.
MasterKris
^Actually in Japanese, the word used for uncle and grandfather is the same. It's Oji-san. It's used to call an uncle, grandpa, a middle aged man, etc. (there really isn't a word that is similar to this in English, the best translation is, old man)

Yay! Ed's in Tokyo! Let's fly to Japan and let all fans gather around his apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nepharski
Who is this Mary-Sue everyone keeps bringing up?
Jedi28
refer to the next to last post of Sinluxuria on the previous page. smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 30 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]371895[/snapback]
^Actually in Japanese, the word used for uncle and grandfather is the same. It's Oji-san. It's used to call an uncle, grandpa, a middle aged man, etc.
Pssst... @MasterKris... *coughwordforGrandpainJapaneseis"ojii-san"withoneextra"i"cough*

Actually, in "Children" OVA, kids call out "Great great great great.... (keep going like a broken record, so we don't actually know how many "great" there should really be) grand-pa!!" at one point. (Says "he-he-he-he-he....O-jii-chan!!") smile.gif
Envious...
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Mar 31 2006, 01:03 AM) [snapback]372007[/snapback]

Who is this Mary-Sue everyone keeps bringing up?

Mary-Sue is a term used for characters (often fan-created) in popular fictional worlds (in this case FMA). They are often "perfect" characters, with no flaws whatsoever, and everyone likes him/her. Not to mention they tend to be extremely over-powered (i.e. perfect) in everything they do. In most fan works, Mary Sues (or the male variant, Gary Stus) are often ways for the author to insert himself/herself into the world. tongue.gif

Yeah, I had a crash-course in "Mary-Sueism" thanks to Avatar: The Last Airbender. That show spawns a lot of Sues. >_>

As for the conversation between Ed and Al when they fight Mustang/Envy, it goes something like this:

Al: That was great brother, you knew he was a fake all along!

Ed: He was a fake?

Oh and was I the only one who found Greed vs. Envy to be immensly satisfying? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.