Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Numb
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
confederate_alchemist
Summary: This is placed right after Nina was murdered; as we know, Ed was assigned to organize Shou Tucker's work by Havoc. Now this is the episode within the episode that we don't know about: FullMetal was deeply in grief because of the little girl's death, and he happened to be going through files in a cabinet when he finds a shoebox. In the box, Edward finds just the pain reliever he needs; he sneaks the box into his room and, with out Al ever knowing what his brother is doing while he's "studying" in the den", finds alleviation for his crushed and badly stinging heart.

Sorry, but I can't write the actual fanfic right now, but I promise it will be up soon. Please leave me a reiview and tell me what you think of it so far reading the summary! Later, ya'll!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
i would like to read it!...cant wait till your done with the first chapter! happy.gif
Fayth Prophecy
Seems interesting. I'll be sure to check it out when you get the chapter up.
confederate_alchemist
Disclaimer: confederate_alchemist did not, does not, and will not own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of its characters. They are the property of Miss Hiromu Arakawa. Also, confederate_alchemist is in no way the owner of Green Day or its song, "Give Me Novacaine" (or any of their songs, for that matter); They are the property of Bille Joe Armstrong (Guitar, Lead Vocals), Tre Cool (Drums, Vocals), and Mike Dirnt (Bass, Vocals). Thank you.

Numb- The Pain Inside: Part One

"Shutup!" Ed yelled as he threw a bag of chimaera feed at Al; his little brother choked back tears at his sibling's sudden outburst. The blonde male sat with his knees pulled up to his chest in front of a crate with red, beady eyes peering out at him from the shadows. One of the deformed creatures poked its ugly little head out and began letting out demented screams while Fullmetal covered his ears at the cacophony filling the room; a stupid chimaera b*tching at him was just what he needed for being in the mood he was in.
"Dammit! Shut the f*ck up, you bastard defect!" he bellowed angrily, kicking the sh*t out of the crate.

Still the hideous creature screamed at him, the sound of it being like nails scraping across the chalkboard of Ed's mind. He clutched his head in pain as he curled up in a fetal position on the floor and began crying out Nina's name. Alphonse saw his brother's tears ands quickly moved the chimaera to the storeroom below the basement; he slammed the door shut and locked it. Edward remained on the floor, unconcious and whimpering.

Fullmetal saw nothing but black in his mind's eye; he had no clue where he was, but he saw a small glowing red thing piercing the darkness with its crimson light. Carefully, the blonde reached out and touched it; it felt cold in his fingers despite the luminesence it was putting off. Out of nowhere, images and voices were presented to him in painful detail.

Al?

Bark, bark..

Ugh, I hope the dog didn't think he was a hydrant or something.

Hey Ed!

We're making snow angels, Wittle Big Bwothew!

Ha ha! Get ready, 'cause here I come, Nina!

What are you dwawing, Big Bwothew?

It's a charm that helps make your wishes come true, Nina.

Oo! What pwetty fwowers!

I know! Isn't Brother amazing, Nina?

*giggle*

Look, sweetheart, that's your friend Edward.

Edward, my friend...

Yes, very good!

One more question, Tucker... Where have Nina and Alexander gone to?

I hate people like you, Edward; you're too damn sharp.

Nina... Alexander...

You used your own daughter!!! She was your flesh and blood!!!!

You must understand Edward...

NO! I'm not the same as you, Tucker!

Big...Brother.... please...stop...

Please....

Stop....

"Nina!" Edward started awake. Panting, he looked around and saw no sign of Al; he sighed heavily and, remembering what he was supposed to be doing, began to go through file cabinets containing Shou Tucker's research. He heard the clinking of glass as he pulled out one of the drawers and noticed a shoebox sitting all the way in the back. The blonde pulled it out and peeked under the lid: in that box was a set of glass syringes, all labeled and filled with Novacaine. A wry smile came upon his face as he felt his crushed heart beginning to sting at the memories of the little girl who had been in that same house not two days ago. Pity her bastard of a father had to tranmuste her into that... that thing. Edward tucked the box under his arm, along with some papers to go through. The blonde began to go up the stairs to find a quiet place to sit for a while, Alphonse's voice rang out behind him.

"Brother, where are you going?"

Edward glanced at the box nervously before replying, "I'm going to study these papers for a while.... alone."

The lie fooled his brother, and he continued up the stairs and into the den; he locked the door tight, not to be seen again for quite a while.

End of Part One

Please review!

FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
wow...part one is awesome...hurry up and update soon! happy.gif
Fayth Prophecy
Aww..sad...I love it! Update it soon!
confederate_alchemist
Thanks alot, Winry Rockbell Elric and FMAlchemist01Fan! I appreciate your support of my brief fanfiction. Hope you enjoy Part Two!

NOTE: In this part, Ed has a little bit of an experience with a couple of ghosts BUT just so you know, Novacaine does not cause those (or at least I think it doesn't blink.gif ). However, it does cause lethargy, loopyness (depending on your drug-alcohol tolerance level), light-headedness, major numbness (you can't feel a damn thing), sleepyness, and overall you're just plain out of body and mind. This is based on my experience of Novacaine when I got a couple teeth pulled one time, so I think the song in this part accurately describes being dosed with it.

Numb: The Pain Inside: Part Two

The soft rustling of paper indicated that Edward had finished looking over the files he discovered; he didn't know how he had managed to do it though, due to the fact that his hands were unsteady and that he was getting a major headache caused by stress, depression, and the screeching of that chimaera a while earlier. The poor teen's heart remained crushed and broken, never to fully heal (he would carry that scar for the rest of his life). She was just a little girl, he thought, She didn't deserve to die! She didn't! She shouldn't have! Nina is gone now... and nothing can bring her or Alexander back.... The blonde's shoulders began to heave as he bitterly sobbed, his wretched tears staining the papers that lay on the desk in front of him. His heart began to throb painfully with each sorrowful beat it made; the steady rhythm pounded out a song of misery in Ed's ears, making his headache even worse.

"Damnit all!" Fullmetal slammed his fist on the desk, trembling with anguish and rage, "Damn you to hell, Tucker!" He gritted his teeth at the pain he was in and he wanted it to stop. Oh, how he wanted that. Ed's eyes fell onto the shoebox in the floor next to him; he remembered that there was a drug in there that would make it all better. He sank down to his knees next to the box, his hand slipping under the lid to grab one of the glass objects. He gazed at the dose of anesthetic that slished within it, and a morbid smile spread across his face.

~Take away the sensation inside
Bitter sweet migraine in my head
It's like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind
I can't take this feeling anymore~

Edward rolled up the sleeve on his left arm, finding the vein in which to inject the Novacaine. He winced slightly as the sharp needle bit through his skin, the drug flowing through it and into his blood stream; after he was finished, he carefully put the syringe back into the box, shoving it away from him while sprawling himself out onto his back in the floor. The blonde's head was pounding, and he waited for a painful several minutes until he began to feel numbness in his arm. The sensation began to spread from his limb to his shoulder and head; one it hit his brain, the sensation was so overwhelming, yet it brought this wonderful relief that the young alchemist just couldn't describe.

~Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensation's overwhelming,
Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright
Tell me that I won't feel a thing
So give me Novacaine~

Golden eyes blinked lazily as their owner began to feel light-headed and a little bit tipsy. The Novacaine's effects had spread down his chest and a little part of his belly. His heart no longer felt any pain of any kind, in fact he couldn't feel sh*t. Edward became lethargic and sleepy as all the hurt drained from his body, replaced by delicious numbness that took over his physical being. The sweet relief washed over him, and he strayed out of thought and time.

~Out of body and out of mind
Kiss the demons out of my dreams
I get the funny feeling, that's alright
Jimmy says it's better than here
I'll tell you why

Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensation's overwhelming,
Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright,
Tell me that I won't feel a thing,
So give me Novacaine

Oh Novacaine~

"N...Nina..." Ed whispered absentmindedly. Much to his surprise, he was answered by a small, high pitched voice and deep barking.
"Wittle Big Bwothew!" the tiny girl cried as she happily ran over to her beloved "brother", Alexander not far behind. A relieved smile came up on the blonde's face as Nina sat on his chest, beaming down at him while the big white dog sat beside her wagging his tail. Edward was too out of it to notice that he could not feel any of her weight on his ribcage; all he cared about was that he could see her happy face again. He tried to reach out and touch her on the cheek, but he couldn't feel his arm, therefore he couldn't lift it. Instead he smiled back at her and whispered, "Nina... You're back..."

"I came to see you, Big Bwothew! So did Alexandew!"

"Bark, Bark!" the dog chimed in.

Edward's eyes were now so heavy that he could barely keep them open. Unwillingly, he fell into a deep sleep with one final whisper, "Nina..."
Smiling, the little girl bent over the blonde's face, her pigtail braids falling from behind her shoulders to gently brush against his neck.

"I wuv you, Big Bwothew..." Nina placed a small, gentle kiss on his forehead before curling up on his chest to comfort him. Alexander lay down against his side, resting his huge head on the automail arm. A loving smile graced Ed's lips as he slept peacefully in the company of his guardian angels.

~Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensation's overwhelming
Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright,
Tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing,
So give me Novacaine~

Fin.

FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
wow...well written...i love it...so thats it? darn, i was hoping for more..*sigh* oh well *sniff sniff*
theothersin
---Warning you are about to read content from a very opinionated person. It contains both pretty words and contstructive critisim---

Awsome...I love how things seem to flow together. Not like with the events (but that was good too) but with the words. In some writing I see random big or elaborate words sticking out with a whole bunch of words that really don't seem to work well with it. Like a jigsaw puzzle where someone cut the piece to make it fit. This isn't a problem with your fic at all, and I admire that it was done really well.

I don't really think the lyrics to the song were needed. Although I do realize that this idea came from the song (plus a personal experience if I read correctly) I think it sort of disturbs the story. Other people may like the lyrics, but my personal opinoin would be to cut them out.

I don't think it's finished here, I'd hate for it to end here. I can see this relating to several events that would be very awsome to see how this medicine-drug (whatever you want to call it, some think drug is a offensive term) comes into play for other heart breaking events. Afterall you said there were multiple things of novacaine, what does he do with the rest of them? I can see this leading on to a strong play on Ed's fear of shots.

Don't let it end here!
Fayth Prophecy
Still loving it! Plus, i'm a fan of Green Day, and songfics! Keep it up!
confederate_alchemist
Well, I'm up for suggestions if you have any...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.