Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Psalm Of Planets: Eureka Seven
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Carnal Malefactor
Eureka Seven, known in Japan as Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven (交響詩篇エウレカセブン Kōkyōshihen Eureka Sebun?, literally "Symphonic Psalms Eureka Seven" and stylized as "Eureka seveN"), is a mecha anime TV series by Bones. Original run April 17, 2005 April 2, 2006.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Renton Thurston is a 14-year-old boy who lived with his mechanic grandfather in a backwater town. Every day he dreamed of being with the mercenary "Light Finding Operation (LFO)" aircraft pilot group "Gekkostate" and riding "Trapar" particle waves-- a sport called "reffing"-- with their charismatic leader Holland, especially when faced with his father's acclaimed past or his grandfather's desire to protect him. When a young girl named Eureka riding the original LFO, the "Nirvash typeZERO", asks his grandfather for a tune-up, she inadvertently brings the attention of the military to the garage; as a result, the garage is destroyed and Renton is forced to deliver a new type of interface-- the "Amita Drive"-- to the Nirvash. After a heated fight in which the Nirvash destroys the military LFOs by unleashing an immense amount of power, Renton is invited into Gekkostate. However, he quickly realizes that behind the facade of a traveling group of mercenaries is a very bitter reality.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, psychological, romance, science fiction
Themes: Life, mecha, military, real robot
Episodes: 50
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

I know Slash has been watching it. Who else?
Slashrose1010
laugh.gif I see, I see.

Well, I can't get the next few eps I need this instance since they have bundled 1-9. I have seen the first 7 eps, I believe. It is a pretty good show. Even if there are mechs in the show, which may turn off some people, they don't overuse them constantly like Gundam or Big-O *not that I don't like these shows* The show is a lil more mature, too, which makes it commical and adds to the plot.

I like characters in general. I don't recall most of their names, but I like MoonDoggie, Renton, Holland and Talho :3
edsgirl
I've been watching it as well, I'm to episode 7 too. Not too sure about the plot as of right now, but I heard it gets heavier in the episodes to come. I'm a moondoggie fan too! Talho is just sexy!
Slashrose1010
It isn't that hard to find torrents for it. If you checked a basic torrent search engine, you could find it pretty easilly.

Hehe, I like Talho, too. I just watched up to ep 10 now. I like how the plot has thickened. All this military stuff is kind of reminicent of FMA.

Ooh, I like that girl who dresses all girly and stuff, too. She is cute and bubbly.
Ailuro
I just started watching this about a week ago. I'm hooked. ohmy.gif

And yes, Talho is awesome.
edsgirl
I love Talho! I love Holland even more. They need more episodes of him in his boxers. wub.gif Damn I forgot where I left off. unsure.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Mar 20 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]366450[/snapback]

I love Talho! I love Holland even more. They need more episodes of him in his boxers.

Ooooof course....
rolleyes.gif
Don't worry, there's plenty more in the last few episodes.
Carnal Malefactor
Soooooo I guess this is gonna be the latest series to be butchered on Adult Swim.

[man, I really wish Nanashi would start pumping out the subs quicker, instead of wasting their time with lame April Fool's jokes. dry.gif The whole series has already aired in Japan, but they're still only on ep. 34]
Ailuro
Eureka Seven was licensed? Dammit. mellow.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Been licensed for months now.
Ailuro
I'm slow at discovering these things, that's all. tongue.gif
JoshP1389
Looks interesting. I've been seeing all over 4chan too. Gonna air on AS this weekend I believe.
Space_Mushroom
I'm going to watch it on Adult Swim, it looks like it will be real good.
Le Monkey
Arg no..
Adult swim normally butchers all the anime they do..
I did say most though..
Jen_Elric
Adult Swim won't butcher it. It's the licensing company that does (if they do). Does anyone know who licensed it? I forgot.
I'm gonna watch it on AS. I've heard quite alot about it and it sounds like an awesome show!
Carnal Malefactor
I'm pretty sure Geneon is the company that's bringing it over. I generally like Geneon's dubs, but the fact that the lead character is a rather whiney 14-year-old kid doesn't give me great hope, since that's the type of character that American V.A.s tend to butcher.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
Oooh Eureka Seven, huh? i've never watched this before but it looks good, though i'm not a big fan of mecha :-\
though i'm planning on watching it, has it started airing yet on [Adult-Swim] ? if so then i'll have to catch up on youtube rolleyes.gif
and plus once i watch it and maybe get interested in it, i can read the articals about it in my Newtype magi biggrin.gif
Damascus
Well I just watched Eureka Seven last night... It freakin rocked! Don't know if it was butchered or not, but after watching the first couple japanese FMA, it didn't look like AS butchered that series.

And that blue-haired girl was CUTE!! wub.gif Soon as I first saw her, I knew I had a new fanboy interest. What a cutie!!!
Carnal Malefactor
She gets a lot less cute later in the series...

Dub just started here... I REALLY dislike Mathieu's voice. He needs to sound more... black.

Everyone else sounds fine... except Diane [Renton's sister] who overacts like crazy.
Ronaldo Rodregez
I like it. I wasn't smart enough to catch the subs when they first came out, though.
Carnal Malefactor
Subs are still available... just use google...
TheLaughingMan9
saw the debut on AS. doesn't look half bad, a bid like a skater/surfer show tho.
Ronaldo Rodregez
QUOTE(Void @ Apr 16 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]381837[/snapback]

Subs are still available... just use google...

I can't afford the disk space now, though. It'd be more to my advantage to just watch it dubbed.
Damascus
Episode 2 = Awesome! I think I'm really gonna like this series. And I'm really starting to like the blue-haired girl, she's such a cutie! Those eyes are beautiful... wub.gif
Malcolm_X
I started watching it on AS, but i didnt like their voices...They sounded a bit shrill
Talho and That blue haired girl ate kidna cute wub.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Talho was the reason I checked out that show in the first place.

I'm a sucker for short skirts. What can I say?
Damascus
Yay episode 3 still awesome. Blue-haired girl still cuter than ever. But... but.... she... she can't be....???? T.T
edsgirl
I just decided to check it out on AS. I was curious, but it's really not that bad of a dub. The only voice I didn't really like was Eureka. She just wasn't as deadpan as the Jp v.a.

Has it finished being subbed yet?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ May 6 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]391403[/snapback]

I just decided to check it out on AS. I was curious, but it's really not that bad of a dub. The only voice I didn't really like was Eureka. She just wasn't as deadpan as the Jp v.a.

Has it finished being subbed yet?

Nanashi drags ass like crazy. They're only up to ep. 37 so far.
DZBrick6
I'm rather enjoying the AS eps, I'm seriously liking this show. I missed episode 2 due to *ahem* 'adult beverages', but it doesn't seem like I missed too much. Looking forward to where this one's heading.
Jen_Elric
I really like this show! I'm very happy that AS decided to show it. I think that Renton is funny. The way he acts around Eureka makes me laugh. I like Holland. He's funny too! Can't wait to see more episodes and get further along in the series!
TheLaughingMan9
Tea, its totally different from my first view. i can't get enough of it. but its kind of odd how rentin always talks to his sister, y not just talk to urself?
Damascus
I'm enjoying this show even more now. Poor Renton, he's so in love with Eureka. X3 She's kinda weird, (but I guess she's cute too), she seems like a robot or something. And everybody's picking on him too. tongue.gif
sweety_pie
I love this show. Eureka seven, is so cool. I watch it every Sat. on AS. The episode I watched last week was really funny I loved the part when Eurekas' kid Link (maybe I'm not sure about there names.)flipped off Renton, I busted out laughing.

I've only seen four episodes but I want to see them all.
AlphonseRules
I haven't seen every episode but so far I think this is a good show. It could use some more action. I like seeing the giant robots surfing the currents. I also enjoy Renton's clumsyness for a little comedy relief.
Last nights episode was the best yet in my opinion. Eureka's flashback was pretty shocking. Especially the part when she found the 3 kids.
sweety_pie
I saw that ep. too. It was cool.I like the 3 kids, their cute,except when they're being mean to Renton.(Linck, Maeter, Maurice are their names I think.)
I haven't seen many ep. either, only about 10.
Riding the waves on refboard, or LFOS' sounds fun.
Damascus
Okay I seriously almost cried when I saw Eureka's flashback. She was so sweet, but she was... she did all that!!! [/pathetic]

But I was happy again when she decided to fight against the military! Yay, I can still love her!! XD

And that's the first time I've seen her cry! It made me cry. Don't cry, Eureka...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Damascus @ Jun 12 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]410797[/snapback]

Okay I seriously almost cried when I saw Eureka's flashback. She was so sweet, but she was... she did all that!!! [/pathetic]

But I was happy again when she decided to fight against the military! Yay, I can still love her!! XD

And that's the first time I've seen her cry! It made me cry. Don't cry, Eureka...

People like you make me want to hate anime.
Damascus
*crouches in corner with dark cloud over head*
Jaganshi
I only caught the ending of the episode on AS last Saterday. It looks pretty good, I may try to download all the episodes I've missed.
Cloud28
I just watched it, What did you guys think?

I thought it was ending was bad as Inuyasha sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Jun 14 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]412021[/snapback]

How did you see the ending? Raws? As far as I know, it's only been subbed to episode 39.
Cloud28
QUOTE(Void @ Jun 14 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]412026[/snapback]

QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Jun 14 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]412021[/snapback]

How did you see the ending? Raws? As far as I know, it's only been subbed to episode 39.

Theres a script leaked online, and i watched the raw ph34r.gif
AlphonseRules
This show is getting better with each episode. I recommend checking it out if you haven't seen it yet. Renton's face at the end of tonight's episode was freaky.
asunder
I read about this recently...there's a group that's called bizzaro-nanashi that stole the scripts from the nanashi fansub group. Did a really quick typeset and encode and released all of them. Nanashi had all the eps translated till the end of the series....but was waiting on other things [read people have lives].
Damascus
Well, I think my post was deleted. I'm sure you all didn't care about my comment about Eureka in the bathtub anyway. *cough*

Anyways, the plot is getting a lot better, I can't wait till the next one. What is a "Coralian?" Let's find out. Yay.

And Asu, I think I see a Bleach character in your sig. *squint* Totally.
Carnal Malefactor
You don't really find out what a Coralian is until much later in the series.
asunder
QUOTE(Damascus @ Jun 29 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]418149[/snapback]

The characters in my sig are from an anime called Mushi-shi. The image itself is a screenshot of the end of episode 20 and it roughly translates to "Thanks for watching, come again~"
sweety_pie
What was that thing on Anemones' neck?(in ep.11)
Damascus
QUOTE(asu @ Jun 29 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]418155[/snapback]

QUOTE(Damascus @ Jun 29 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]418149[/snapback]

The characters in my sig are from an anime called Mushi-shi. The image itself is a screenshot of the end of episode 20 and it roughly translates to "Thanks for watching, come again~"

Ohhh... see I thought the guy in front was Havok from FMA. And the guy in the middle with the hat looks like Kyouraku Shunsui from Bleach:
IPB Image

My bad. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.