Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 55 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Nepharski
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 55 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 14.

===============

Well, soon the new year will be upon us, followed by the next chapter in the continuing FMA saga.

Cliff Notes
  • Col. Roy Mustang is being hostage as a human sacrifice by the once human Fuhrer King Bradley (Wrath).
  • Hohenheim is quietly making is way towards a nondiscript location of no obvious value or purpose...or is it? And what is Hohenheim?
  • The Father of the Homunculi has been revealed, and his striking appearance to, and familiarity with, Hohenheim has not gone unnoticed.
  • Greed is reincarnated in the host body of Xingese prince Ling Yao. Is this end of squinty-eyes?
  • Scar and Mai are fighting through the Father's legions of deformed Chimeras at his gates.
  • Roy's subordinates have been scattered across the land. Hawkeye is now the Fuhrer's personal secretary.
  • Pride remains in the shadows.
  • Sloth is still digging, but where? Why?
  • Edward and Alphonse are trapped beneith Monster Envy, bereft of their alchemic abilities.
What does Hiromu Akarwa have in store for us this time? January has never seemed so far away.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on June 19, 2011>
Antimony
I really want to see how the brothers are gonna get out of THIS one. And when will Scar and Mei show up?? It's about time they did something helpful!
Qeomash
I still think its Scar and Mei that will save the brothers.
Kirara
Donít forget that Father has somehow stopped Ed and Alís use of alchemy. It should make for an interesting chapter 55.
MasterKris
A thread about chap 55 already??
Antimony
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 30 2005, 03:52 PM) [snapback]335212[/snapback]

A thread about chap 55 already??

Yup, we're just THAT impatient. wink.gif
Qeomash
Of course we're impatient. If we could, we'd sit outside Arakawa's office and ask "is it done yet" every time she passes by.
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 30 2005, 09:23 PM) [snapback]335328[/snapback]

Of course we're impatient. If we could, we'd sit outside Arakawa's office and ask "is it done yet" every time she passes by.

haha xD thats a good one.
Ladymercury
And she go D:< and yell out " NAI!! Urusai yo!! " and walk back into her office.

I just hope it focuses a lot on Roy and the gang because I'm just aching to know what is going to go on with everyone else, as well now with the new Greed D:
Roy
I'm just wondering what Ling-Greed's power will be. It'll be boring if he has the same power as the previous Greeds, plus it wouldn't suit him either. Superhuman speed, maybe? The ability to merge into the shadows? I also hope Ling-Greed is going to rebel against 'Father.' Ling's not suited for the side of evil.

I also find it interesting that "Father" refers to Hohenheim as an 'it,' so it could imply that he created Hohenheim, or Hohenheim is an extension of 'Father.'
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 29 2005, 10:45 PM) [snapback]334818[/snapback]

Well, soon the new year will be upon us, followed by the next chapter in the continuing FMA saga.

Cliff Notes

• Col. Roy Mustang is being hostage as a human sacrifice by the once human Fuhrer King Bradley (Wrath).
  • Hohenheim is quietly making is way towards a nondiscript location of no obvious value or purpose...or is it? And what is Hohenheim?
  • The Father of the Homunculi has been revealed, and his striking appearance to, and familiarity with, Hohenheim has not gone unnoticed.
  • Greed is reincarnated in the host body of Xingese prince Ling Yao. Is this end of squinty-eyes?
  • Scar and Mai are fighting through the Father's legions of deformed Chimeras at his gates.
  • Roy's subordinates have been scattered across the land. Hawkeye is now the Fuhrer's personal secretary.
  • Pride remains in the shadows. So does Sloth; he remains in the shadows... of the tunnel or whatever he's (not?) digging

What does Hiromu Akarwa have in store for us this time? January has never seemed so far away.

Added it for you wink.gif
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 31 2005, 03:23 AM) [snapback]335328[/snapback]

Ah, how we wish....
That'd be so great.... to know her personally, I mean happy.gifU
Reika
*sigh*... why did you open this thread so soon? Now I just remembered how much I wanted to read this chappy and all the seconds are being like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T^T XDD
Colette
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 30 2005, 08:23 PM) [snapback]335328[/snapback]

I'm booking a flight to Japan just to do that now XD

But...about Ling? Is this the end of one of my favorite pairings? LingxRan Fan?

And was he reincarnated as Greed, or is he just now a homunculus called Greed? Is my favorite sin back or just a cool impersonation?

*Sighs* Equivilant exhange, I guess. If it's the former, I get my favorit character back but I lose the possibilty of my favorite pairings sleep.gif

And I'm really worried about Mustang and Hawkeye! But she wouldn't kill them off!

....Right? unsure.gif
Kyo_Umerio
i still say Chapter 55 is going to be all about Roy and Wrath and Riza happy.gif so i'm with Lady Mercury
Nepharski
QUOTE(Reika @ Dec 31 2005, 11:57 AM) [snapback]335609[/snapback]

*sigh*... why did you open this thread so soon? Now I just remembered how much I wanted to read this chappy and all the seconds are being like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T^T XDD

It was...inevitable, Mr. Anderson.
Ladymercury
If she kills off a character in the next chapter I will give up XDD Too many plot twists just can do but so much XD
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Dec 31 2005, 07:08 PM) [snapback]335687[/snapback]

If she kills off a character in the next chapter I will give up XDD Too many plot twists just can do but so much XD

*nods* lol it will be ok... *pats Ladymercury* it'll be ok...
PainappuruKii
QUOTE(Roy @ Dec 31 2005, 06:32 AM) [snapback]335564[/snapback]

I'm just wondering what Ling-Greed's power will be. It'll be boring if he has the same power as the previous Greeds, plus it wouldn't suit him either. Superhuman speed, maybe? The ability to merge into the shadows? I also hope Ling-Greed is going to rebel against 'Father.' Ling's not suited for the side of evil.

I also find it interesting that "Father" refers to Hohenheim as an 'it,' so it could imply that he created Hohenheim, or Hohenheim is an extension of 'Father.'

Perhaps Hohenheim is a part of "Father".
Like a mistake through the use of the Philosopher's Stone.
They could be two parts of the same person.
[Pai-chan's not exactly sure of how she thinks of these things or how they'd work, but she is always half-asleep... XD]

...by the way... happy new year, guys biggrin.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(PainappuruKii @ Jan 2 2006, 03:02 AM) [snapback]336167[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roy @ Dec 31 2005, 06:32 AM) [snapback]335564[/snapback]

Perhaps Hohenheim is a part of "Father".
Like a mistake through the use of the Philosopher's Stone.
They could be two parts of the same person.
[Pai-chan's not exactly sure of how she thinks of these things or how they'd work, but she is always half-asleep... XD]

...by the way... happy new year, guys biggrin.gif

*nods* thats true.. or perhaps a side effect of him using the human transmutation circle?
PainappuruKii
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Jan 2 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]336234[/snapback]

*nods* thats true.. or perhaps a side effect of him using the human transmutation circle?

yeah, that'd make even more sense happy.gif.
It could be that just attempting alchemy with that circle has a drawback on the alchemist, regardless of how many people they're sacrificing. If that was the case, then "Father" would have accidentally 'created' Hohenheim in a way.
Is it just me, or does it sound like the creation could be the other way around? XD [I think I've gone insane.]
Qeomash
I still like the idea that Father was a side effect of one of Hohenheim's transmutations. And, now, he's trying to rectify his mistakes.
ElvishVamp
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 2 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]336351[/snapback]

I still like the idea that Father was a side effect of one of Hohenheim's transmutations. And, now, he's trying to rectify his mistakes.

I like that idea too, but based on Father's reaction to hearing about Hoheheim, it seems more likely that Father created Hoheneim than the other way around.

Father may have called Hohenheim "it", but he doesn't consider himself human either. Maybe they're the same thing. I don't think so, but it's an idea.
Qeomash
He could have referred to Hohenheim as "it" as in "it who created me", but who knows.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 2 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]336413[/snapback]

He could have referred to Hohenheim as "it" as in "it who created me", but who knows.

thats true... cause i mean he doesn't really say names... he is more like "humans" and such.... anyways... maybe its kinda a Naraku thing? you know? splitting himself up and such? doing away with the human heart and human emotions?
PainappuruKii
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Jan 3 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]336756[/snapback]

QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 2 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]336413[/snapback]

thats true... cause i mean he doesn't really say names... he is more like "humans" and such.... anyways... maybe its kinda a Naraku thing? you know? splitting himself up and such? doing away with the human heart and human emotions?

yeah! Without emotions, nothing would be able to stop him from doing whatever plan he had in mind.
Full Metal Elf
O_O....I want this chapter now! I too am impatient...(sigh)...dying to know what happens next!! happy.gif
Roy
I think there's more of a possibility that Father created Hohenheim.

Think about it, the two look almost exactly alike. However, Father seems to be less spry than Hohenheim - Father's always sitting in that chair full of tubes and Hohenheim's running around the country. My theory? Hohenheim was a 'new body' Father created for himself because his old one was getting old. However, Hohenheim somehow attained sentience and ran off. Father, thinking it of no consequence, went on his business and doesn't care to go after Hohenheim.
Antimony
Just a reminder that the RAW chapter will be released this week! For Japan the date is Wednesday the 11th, but for those of us in the U.S. it will be Tuesday the 10th. The translation will follow a day or so afterward.
ElvishVamp
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Jan 4 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]336756[/snapback]

That seems most likely based on several things he's said not only to the homunculi but to Ed and Al as well. I think there's more to it though. >_< I need chapter 55! I can't wait until Tuesday!

I apoligize for the offtopicness, but in the Chapter 54 thread I made a comment about Roy being Lust. Afterward someone (I don't remember who) said they wanted to see Roy in Lust's outfit. Well I, being insane as I am, actually started drawing it. I don't know what I did with the picture though! >_<
Reika
O.o! it's going to be released one day before?? yay!!!!!!!!!! XD
kaizenyorii
question to ponder while we wait: how come the homonculus can regenerate their clothes too? does the stone cover clothing and textiles?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Roy @ Jan 4 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]336822[/snapback]

I think there's more of a possibility that Father created Hohenheim.

Think about it, the two look almost exactly alike. However, Father seems to be less spry than Hohenheim - Father's always sitting in that chair full of tubes and Hohenheim's running around the country. My theory? Hohenheim was a 'new body' Father created for himself because his old one was getting old. However, Hohenheim somehow attained sentience and ran off. Father, thinking it of no consequence, went on his business and doesn't care to go after Hohenheim.

Nice one!
QUOTE(Antimony @ Jan 9 2006, 03:42 AM) [snapback]337389[/snapback]

Just a reminder that the RAW chapter will be released this week! For Japan the date is Wednesday the 11th, but for those of us in the U.S. it will be Tuesday the 10th. The translation will follow a day or so afterward.

QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 9 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]337447[/snapback]

O.o! it's going to be released one day before?? yay!!!!!!!!!! XD

Hey... hold your horses... The magazine comes out officially the 12th.... It's just that the RAW is usually leaked before... around the 11th, and at that time it's still the 10th in USA... but it might already be the 11th for us here in Spain too... Depends on the time it comes out...

I mean, AFAIK, there's no "official" announcement that the raw will come out the 11th at 7:00 or whatever... It may come out earlier, it may not; sometimes it has come out the 12th, sometimes like 2 months ago, early in the 10th, Spanish time I'm talking about here.

So, relax 'n stay cool cool.gif and whenever it comes out we shall all party!
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Jan 9 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]337454[/snapback]

question to ponder while we wait: how come the homonculus can regenerate their clothes too? does the stone cover clothing and textiles?

Most probably self-censorship (or "rating", if you prefer) reasons... This is a shounen manga for all publics, after all.
\( n_n)/

Plot-wise, tho'...
Have you noticed how Lust and Gluttony had their clothes kind of fused with their body? This is easy to see on Lust's hands and fingers... as her clothes end up in some kind of semi-gloves that only cover the upper part of it as if they were the skin itself... Look at how when she "disguised" as Solaris, her hands remained that way.
As a basic clue you also have those lines with circles they have on their bodies... That they're part of the hommunculus' body, and an important one for that matter, is shown when Bradley paralizes Greed by stabbing his circles with his swords. And you can see that at least Lust and Gluttony, IIRC, have some of those circles or lines not on their skin, but on their clothes.

Which means... The original bodies that were built around the PS, and thus the ones that the hommunculi will regenerate back into, had already those clothes with them... The clothes are part of their original bodies.... They maybe can't even get naked, because, technically speaking, they already are. happy.gifU

As for that conservation alchemic law... That "You can only transmutate sth water-related into sth water-related, metal into metal, etc." one... Unlike the Equivalent Change, this law has been sistematically "ignored" by the hommunculi's regeneration: apparently you can use the accumulation of (alchemical?) energy the PS is to transmute it into, at least, the matter for a human body, clothes included wink.gif
Full Metal Elf
Hey kaizenyorii...I must say your banner is interesting....happy.gif...hehehe....(Altoona....tongue.gif)

Anyway....Can't wait until tomorrow!! To at least see the RAW version, then hopefully it gets translated pretty quickly!!! happy.gif...I wonder who this will focus on...Gring..Ed..Al...Roy...hmmm....Hohenheim...can't wait to see!

Reika
@sensenic: everytime the RAW is released on 11th on japan in spain is 10th, I've seen it even in the morning. But I know I had to wait 'till 11th to see the raw, that's why I jumped of happines.
Kyo_Umerio
YAY!!!!!!! the raw comes out tomorrow i am now placing my bet that it is a mostly Royai chapter happy.gif but we will see.... *wont look at the raw until its translated*
PainappuruKii
I'm -so- glad it's coming out before my finals ohmy.gif!!
I'm nearly going crazy, but to-day's the ninth, so it'll be very, very soon...!!
LordPerseus
I can't wait for chapter 55. I read the first 54 chapters in 2 days (omg!) and chapter 54 left me in suspense. Somehow I have the feeling that the old Ling will re-appear, i just know it!.
Reika
awwwwwwwww... T_T isn't it out yet??
Envoyofuno
SPOILERS!!!!

Pride has been reveiled!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/koo.../mangapride.jpg

END SPOILERS
Reika
do u already have the raw???!!! can you give us the link, please T^T
Sensenic
QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 10 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]337570[/snapback]

do u already have the raw???!!! can you give us the link, please T^T

Improbable.

That's not Pride, that's Mustang-ish doctor Yabukouji from Raiden-18

'Ere

Not funny.
Aoko-chan
Oo.. I was happy for a moment, hoping the raw had come out u.u

Anyways.. tomorrow!!! Raws shall come out!
Reika
wasn't it supposed to be published today? someone said that :s
Electrastar
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Jan 9 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]337486[/snapback]

YAY!!!!!!! the raw comes out tomorrow i am now placing my bet that it is a mostly Royai chapter happy.gif but we will see.... *wont look at the raw until its translated*

Me too. Not that I didn't like the last chapter of course, but Mustang is my favorite, and he's knee deep in trouble, so I wanna know what's going to happen to him really soon biggrin.gif Oh, and I'm also worried about what's going to happen to Lan Fan....ohhh the suspense biggrin.gif
lialiakicks
Feh, first people lie about the FMA movie links now people are lying about Hagaren manga chapter releases?!

Why are (some) people such arses? ._.
Reika
who knows, want to feel speciall?
Sensenic
Sigh... It'll probably come out during the night... and then all the yousendit, rapidshare links will be dead, etc.

Yay.

tongue.gif
QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 9 2006, 05:08 PM) [snapback]337474[/snapback]

@sensenic: everytime the RAW is released on 11th on japan in spain is 10th, I've seen it even in the morning. But I know I had to wait 'till 11th to see the raw, that's why I jumped of happines.

Oh, I see. But...
QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 10 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]337553[/snapback]

awwwwwwwww... T_T isn't it out yet??

QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 10 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]337597[/snapback]

wasn't it supposed to be published today? someone said that :s

That's why I said: , AFAIK, there's no "official" announcement that the raw will come out the 11th at 7:00 or whatever... It may come out earlier, it may not.
I wasn't replying only to you, also to Antimony, whose suposition made you jump the gun too soon. Be patient I told you, for 2 reasons:
1) Even if it comes out at the same time, they'll get it somehow "earlier" in the USA than here, that's why I said that "the 10th, the 11th..." stuff. I supposed too much difference in my post and you corrected me. Ok. But, there was also the other reason
2) This is a piracy thing, whoever "does it" first, has to do it undercover to some extent, (I believe, what do I know :innocent_face:).... so you can't expect an official announcement whatsoever... It's kind of improbable that a fan posting what is usual (the RAW comes out the 11th when in USA is still the 10th) is an actual "release deadline" or whatever. It just comes out whenever it is leaked somewhere for the first time.

So, no, it wasn't supposed to be published today. It may be (there's still time), it may not.

Patience my young padawan. The reward will compensate the wait enough...
Reika
@sensenic:
Oh, I thought they would just scan the pages and put them on the web? O.o
Sensenic
QUOTE(Reika @ Jan 10 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]337619[/snapback]

@sensenic:
Oh, I thought they would just scan the pages and put them on the web? O.o

Oh, I dunno. I just pick up whatever comes up first here, at LJ or at zomgfta happy.gifU

But we usually get the scans before the mag is released (and that, you can see in the preview in the end it's the 12th generally), so I believe this's an "inside work" tongue.gif

And, anyway, who is "they"? ([random]the Truth is out there...[/random] LOL. Sorry sleep.gif), what web? If someone knows then tell me please! If it was one person or group who'd usually scan it and post it on their web... then I believe we'd know, no? Not to mention they wouldn't last much long... happy.gif

Anyway, no idea on how it works. It's just that so far there hasn't been a stable "Raw release time", it comes out when it comes out. Sooner or later.
Reika
web=I meant net XDD sorry
they= somehow I supposed it would be more than one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.