Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 55 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Tombow
^^ It could be anyone, someone works at Arakawa sensei's Ushigoya firm, to someone at the magazine publishing firm, to workers at the magazine printing place, etc., etc.
If it's insider, I get the feeling that the person(s) might have the new chapter earlier, but wait till just about the time the magazine gets relieased.
(Just like the studio copy of the last Star Wars movie ,which came out on the net about the same time as the movie was release in the theater.)

However it comes to us, I wanna see it NOW!! biggrin.gif
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Jan 10 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]337614[/snapback]

Feh, first people lie about the FMA movie links now people are lying about Hagaren manga chapter releases?!

Why are (some) people such arses? ._.

It's the same reason Mustang likes to call Ed "short" so much. They love pulling people's chains.
Envious...
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Jan 10 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]337614[/snapback]

Feh, first people lie about the FMA movie links now people are lying about Hagaren manga chapter releases?!

Why are (some) people such arses? ._.

Nah, they are not being jerks. I was there when this prank originally came out (on another forum). No one there knew of Arakawa's earlier works, and believed it for a sec.

That is until the guy released this pic.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/koo...3/pridemark.jpg

It was all in good fun.

Oh and according to the ZOMGFTA site, they won't be able to come up with the translation by their regular timetable.... too bad. Maybe the raw will still be floating around?
Reika
but the magazine should have been already released!!! T^T it's 12th already in Japan...! T_T and if we make count, comparing to last month, we waited one day more than a month!! That's too much suffering XDDDDDDDDD
Full Metal Elf
T_T...Where is it!?...I want to know! I want to at least see the pictures!! (can't read Japanese....sad.gif)))....(sigh)
kaizenyorii
the site i usually get the RAW and scans usually has it the day before the 12th......but apparently computer failure means ill have to wait a few days too...
Full Metal Elf
**EDIT**...double post..though it didn't happen in a row...(sigh)..stupid computer...arrg!
Reika
and which website is that?
Qeomash
Probablly ZOMG, as they're the only ones I know of that are having computer problems.
Envoyofuno
Sorry about the earlier post, as Envious said, I thought it was a scan at the time of my post, too.

Anyway, the RAW is out now...

Don't believe me? -- Caution, contains spoilers.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/envoyofuno/41.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/envoyofuno/36.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/envoyofuno/28.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/envoyofuno/26.jpg
Reika
Don't you have a mom, dude? XD
kaizenyorii
those pages from the RAW look very interesting.......seems that lings body inherited the carbon-hardening ability.....
Reika
yeah! I saw the raw already!! dude, poor lan fang.... T_T I feel really sorry for her... and there was no royai!!!

*just kidding XD
Saturn Stars
do you know where I can download the full torrent of the RAW?
Envoyofuno
This was a pretty good chapter.... Probably would have been better if I understood Japanese >______>
Qeomash
Where did you find it?
Sensenic
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 11 2006, 10:42 AM) [snapback]337747[/snapback]

Where did you find it?

Livejournal, fm_alchemist community.
EDIT2: Try this YSI, dunno if it'll still work, tho'

Ssssstrange chapter.... It left me quite intrigued
[spoiler](and I'm not the only one, Father too.... He's definitely NOT God or whatever)

Seems it's Greed's old Soul (same personality) BUT his memories died with his older body... either this or he's pretending, since he made some kind of pact with Ling (I TOLD YOU! XO)... but the former seems more probable.

And WTF happened to Gluttony?!! O_O

EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget?! She has finally learned the cruel truth! The poor thing... XD
[/spoiler]

Anyway, this Raw is also smaller than usual, pics are smaller and furigana is harder to read T_T

So now waiting for ZOMGFTA release it is... patience... sleep.gif
Hope they manage to get some higher quality scans...

EDIT3: No chapter title to be seen anywhere... huh.gif Why do I believe that the title page is missing? Certainly, I DO hope some higher quality scans (the usual till now)come out. x_x
Tombow
Just read it!!

I totally agree with Sensenic!!
Very intriguing chaper!!
Not as scary as the last chapter... Actally, some really funny scene!!
Mei finally meets Ed!! Mei is heart broken!! That part is sooo funny!!
But, brings out more questions, like...
How come Scar can use his alchemy there (except. on Father himself!!) while Ed and Al can't???
And,
Is Gluttony dead??

Go back to read it again..

ETA: Since scanlation is out, I'm taking out the spoiler tags...
Envoyofuno
I liked it. Greed is my favorite Anime character and Gring is now my favorite Manga character, as of now.

[spoiler]I liked seeing Ed get trashed by Gring >__> Makes him a winner in my book.[/spoiler]
Aoko-chan
WoW that was an interesting chapter O.o

I can't wait til ZOMGFTA release their chapter~~~ this raw version is very low quality T.T.. but at least i get to read it.. hahaha

EDIT: after managing to read part of the chapter... and the end..

Ed was saying (last page) something about whats inside of Greed/Lin (i THINK he might be wondering if Lin is acknowledging the fact that greed has taken over his body)

EDIT 2: after rereading it..
Mei noticed that her brother (Lin) was there also

Scar & Mei can use alchemy probably because
1) they weren't here at the time Father used the anti-alchemy power
OR
2) Scar & Mei were using Rentanjutsu (scars arm also had Rentanjutsu symbols)and Father can't use anti-alchemy against rentanjutsu?

The reason that Scar's alchemy doesnt work on father might be...
1) according to some members' theories, father is/ has the philosopher's stone.. so alchemising on the stone itself might not work
2) looking at how father could stop the brothers' alchemy from working, he might use that as a protection for himself to prevent Scar's attacks from affecting him (Father did say that your alchemy wouldn't work on me) or something similar. But then again, above, I said that Father's anti-alchemy didn't work against rentanjutsu.. so I'm not quite sure about this thought of mine..

Gluttony isnt dead yet, since his Stone hasn't been destroyed yet. With Lust, her body somewhat got scattered and her philosopher's stone then destroyed. Gluttony, I assume, isn't dead yet. He was also making sounds after Scar blew up the tunnel
Sensenic
More impressions...

[spoiler]
- I'm really intrigued by Mei chan's comment about Daddy: "He is a person but he is not a person". ph34r.gif

- Certainly alchemy ("Renkinjutsu") and "Rentanjutsu" aren't the same... And Father knows shit about it. So much for his God-complex...
Therefore, that theory about the sages of the east and the west, being Hoho the former and Father the latter sounds much more plausible now... At least, the East sage, the one who created Amestris is Father, that's for sure...

- On that topic... did you notice that the same happened to Hoho and Father? When they were "injured", just nothing happened to them. It's not that they regenerated or whatever... no, just nothing happened.
With Mei chan's comments and now this... I'm starting to believe that, whatever they are, Hoho and Daddy are the same. They are equals. Be it brothers or whatever. I'd say none of them was made by the other... But that's just a theory.

- I think I know what happened to Gluttony... he ran out of lives, of regenerating power... But he is still alive, or else he would've vaporized like Lust... he survived the explosion the same way he'd have had he been human... So it's one hit kill for Gluttony now... Maybe Father will punish him by making him eat "lizards and stuff"? Hmmm....

- As for Lingreed, he's just like Bradley: his right eye is still a human eye... Hmmm... What does the PS have with right eyes that "she" doesn't change them? tongue.gif

EDIT:- Speaking of Bradley! Daddy told Envy to bring them up with Wrath... And that's how they (and us) will meet Roy again. Next chapter, I guess. They're all prisoners now... ph34r.gif
[/spoiler]

Whoa!

Now where's the gddmnd chapter title?!
Kirara
Sensenic there is a title page, it's on page 7 I believe. I can't read Japanese so I am not sure what it says though.

[spoiler]Anyways this chapter was so much love. The Mei scenes were especially satisfyingm especially since I was waiting for them for awhile. But an Al/Mei scene was an unexpected treat.

And Ling is still in there because he remembered Ranfan awwwww. But I find it amusing that us fans have so many names for the new Ling. I personally like Greedling.

I also find it interesting that whatever Father did does not control Mei's alchemy. I am sure theories abound will spring from this.

Though I do have some questions since I can't read the translation. Where did Mei and Scar go at the end. And also in once scene it looks like Envy is choking Al but in the next scene Al iis standing beside Ed and Envy. Did Ed and Greedling interrupt Envy?[/spoiler]

Aoko-chan
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Jan 11 2006, 07:38 PM) [snapback]337758[/snapback]

More impressions...

[spoiler]
- Certainly alchemy ("Renkinjutsu") and "Rentanjutsu" aren't the same... And Father knows shit about it. So much for his God-complex...
Therefore, that theory about the sages of the east and the west, being Hoho the former and Father the latter sounds much more plausible now... At least, the East sage, the one who created Amestris is Father, that's for sure...
[/spoiler]

I aslo agree with that. Hoho should be the Sage of the West who taught the Xingians.. considering that Father's anti-alchemy does not work on Mei

- On that topic... did you notice that the same happened to Hoho and Father? When they were "injured", just nothing happened to them. It's not that they regenerated or whatever... no, just nothing happened.
With Mei chan's comments and now this... I'm starting to believe that, whatever they are, Hoho and Daddy are the same. They are equals. Be it brothers or whatever. I'd say none of them was made by the other... But that's just a theory.

Agree with that too.. meaning, they could be twins/brothers involved in an experiment(that they did) that caused them to be both human and non human at the same time.

- I think I know what happened to Gluttony... he ran out of lives, of regenerating power... But he is still alive, or else he would've vaporized like Lust... he survived the explosion the same way he'd have had he been human... So it's one hit kill for Gluttony now... Maybe Father will punish him by making him eat "lizards and stuff"? Hmmm....

I agree with that too, gluttony being 'equal' to human now. However, I don't think that Father would punish Gluttony. He could still be somewhat useful.

EDIT:- Speaking of Bradley! Daddy told Envy to bring them up with Wrath... And that's how they (and us) will meet Roy again. Next chapter, I guess. They're all prisoners now... ph34r.gif

I guess so too. what would happen to Mei & Scar I wonder. I think that the next chapter would somewhat shift to Hohenhiem too.

Now where's the gddmnd chapter title?!

I dont see it too O.o the thing on page 7.. i dont see the chapter number, so I doubt that it was the chapter title. Also, it doesn't sound like the chapter title to me
Sensenic
QUOTE(Kirara @ Jan 11 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]337759[/snapback]

Sensenic there is a title page, it's on page 7 I believe. I can't read Japanese so I am not sure what it says though.

Yeah, I know... the author's name, the tankoubon advertising, the logo, the big cliffhanger text...

Everything from the usual title page is there!

Except for the chapter title itself... huh.gif

[spoiler]Anyways this chapter was so much love. The Mei scenes were especially satisfyingm especially since I was waiting for them for awhile. But an Al/Mei scene was an unexpected treat.[/spoiler]

laugh.gif
But I find it amusing that us fans have so many names for the new Ling. I personally like Greedling.

I prefer Lingreed myself. LOL again.

[spoiler]Though I do have some questions since I can't read the translation. Where did Mei and Scar go at the end. And also in once scene it looks like Envy is choking Al but in the next scene Al iis standing beside Ed and Envy. Did Ed and Greedling interrupt Envy?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Scar used the explosion (the guy is an excellent chemist too! LOL at the "ignition system", BTW, Mustang should take the lesson) to take Mei Chang away with him, since Al had just told him that without the alchemy he couldn't get past the chimeras to get her to a safe place. Plus he told him that the hommunculi wouldn't kill him as he's an important human sacrifice to them.
Therefore, Scar took Mei, -Boom!- and ran away. So we can assume they're safe for now.

Then Envy grabbed Al and took him back to Father. thassall.

Also he ordered Gluttony to follow Scar through smell but...
\( u_u)/
So he took him too.[/spoiler]
Aoko-chan
[/quote]
[spoiler]Scar used the explosion (the guy is an excellent chemist too! LOL at the "ignition system", BTW, Mustang should take the lesson) to take Mei Chang away with him, since Al had just told him that without the alchemy he couldn't get past the chimeras to get her to a safe place. Plus he told him that the hommunculi wouldn't kill him as he's an important human sacrifice to them.
Therefore, Scar took Mei, -Boom!- and ran away. So we can assume they're safe for now.

Then Envy grabbed Al and took him back to Father. thassall.

Also he ordered Gluttony to follow Scar through smell but...
\( u_u)/
So he took him too.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler] Ohh.. Good thing that Mei & Scar are safe for now. and that Gluttony's still partially injured.

What was Greed saying at the beginning though I wonder (the Greed's soul) I think the things Going to Ling's body is Greed (soul) trying to take control of him? [/spoiler]
Full Metal Elf
O_O......OMG!...I can't wait for translations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks awesome!...(deep breath)....WOW..ok. I'll freak out again after I can actually read it....happy.gif

Antimony
[spoiler] Hooray! Scar and Mei to the rescue! Poor Mei finds out at last that Ed is not what she imagined and her glittery dreams of romance are crushed. Is it possible that she'll end up with Al instead? I'm doubtful since this is only the first time they've really met but because of Xiao (the panda) they share a connection now. They'll probably bond in the future but I'm still skeptical about romantic possibilities.

Greed has the same powers in Ling's body as he did before, but he seems to be on Father's side for now. And his eyes are mismatched like Wrath's, one normal and the other violet (I assume that, since this is all grayscale but Ed seemed surprised by his eyes). Maybe this has something to do with how they are both originally humans.

The alchemy of the East (Rentanjutsu) is not affected by Father's powers, thankfully. Scar and Mei are able to use it against him, but Ed and Al are stuck. They might need to learn some new techniques in order to defeat Father in the future. I'm liking the Two Sages theory mentioned earlier more and more. If Father is the Sage of the East who brought alchemy to Amestris, then Hohenheim must be the Sage of the West who went to Ishbal and Xing. Maybe if the brothers are reunited with their dad he can teach his sons how to beat Father? [/spoiler]

Gah, so much good stuff! So many answers and so many questions! (prays for speedy and accurate translations)
Kirara
Thanks Sensenic when I relooked over the chapter I was able to realize myself that

[spoiler] Envy caught Al and Greedling caught Ed and at the end of this chapter they are basically in the same predicmament they were in the beginning of the chapter. What irony! I do wonder what it will mean to the situation now that Ed realizes that Ling is still somewhere inside Greed. Will Greedling help Ed and Al escape or is Ling buried too far beneath to make this possible? After all it seems this Greed is loyal to Father, at least for now. I also kind of wanted Mei and Scar to rescue the Elric Brothers. I wonder what will happen to them next. In a previous interview with Arakawa she did mention that they were important.[/spoiler]
Wyrd_Raven
[spoiler]Interesting theories flying round here regarding Xingian and Amestrian alchemy indeed. Though I can't read a lick of Japanese, the play of images does provide some interesting work. I'm beginning to remember Transformers: The Movie and the dialogue between Unicron and Megatron, before Megs got reformatted into Galvatron, in regards to Greed and Ling before Gring was born.

Still to go with the two alchemies, it is apparent that they have the same effect but the groundwork and process is different. Shattering the supposed omnipotence of Father to the readers. I agree with many on Father and Hohenheim being the sages. Still my concern is the "null zone" of Amestrian alchemy its range for example, is it all underground? Is it an indefinate duration?

In other situations I have to wonder if the other countries beside Amestris and Xing have alchemy. It would be reasonable to belive this as Amestris is still fighting the countries to the west and south of it, with north being seperated by a naturally occuring demilitarized zone of the mountain range. However it may be more of a problem of forces being spread out.

Still can't wait to get back to Wrath and Roy.[/spoiler]
Tombow
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Jan 11 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]337757[/snapback]

EDIT 2: after rereading it..
Mei noticed that her brother (Lin) was there also

Brother.. yes, but not like our kind of brothers and sisters, I imagine ... laugh.gif
Out of hundreds of half-brothers and sisters, I guess, since Mei is also one of the "princesses."
Nonetheless, yeah, she recognized him as one from the House of Yao.

And, I like the "two alchemies" theory. That explaines why Scar could, while Ed and Al couldn't.
Speaking of..Scar's alchemy did not have any effect on Father. How??
The PSs inside Father protected him??
Or, is Father's body simply uninjurable??

ETA: since scanlation is out, I'm taking out the spoiler tags...
Fullmetal_Bastard
What exactly is Rentanjutsu?
Fullmetal_Bastard
((Srry dbl. post))
Qeomash
I gather it's Alchemy with more emphasis on the healing arts. If it's fundamentally different, we don't know yet.
Antimony
QUOTE(Fullmetal_Bastard @ Jan 11 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]337845[/snapback]

What exactly is Rentanjutsu?

Rentanjutsu is the name for the alchemy practiced in the Eastern countries, specifically Xing although Ishbal may have some of it as well. The name for alchemy in Amestris (the West) is 'renkinjutsu'.
MasterKris
dang, out already. MUST GO READ!
Qeomash
So has anyone done a translation yet? I know ZOMG is down for now...If I can get a translation, I'll extend the effort to scanlate. biggrin.gif

...Such a good chapter. I was very satisfied with it.
kaizenyorii
ZOMG has a text only translation out right now.........god i love those gals there
Qeomash
All right, I'll see what I can do.
AA battery
Qeomash: I am pretty sure they will start scanlating soon after they got their current problems lifted...

[spoiler]

Can't say how much I love the page with May's dreams all shattered XD

and yea... where is teh chapter title?!?! o_O there is no chapter number on it either.... could it be because how someone mentioned before, we are kinda like back to the end of chapter 54? (omg a loop!!) j/k

I don't think Greed is actually willing to "listen" to Father atm... well I didn't actually bothered to read the japanese since it's already 2am, but what I think is that he had an agreement with Lin that they will cooperate and such... and Lin probably wants to hang around Father just to learn more, and eventually turn over the table...

(and hell, I just had a mental image of an super old version of Lin... because he should age like Bradley did...)

*comment more after the scanlation is out*[/spoiler]

(why is the scan quality of the raw so low this time? @_@)

and FMA gals all love the sunset and that beautiful beach...

IPB Image
IPB Image
MasterKris
yes, everyone luvs the sunset.
Tombow
^^ Gahaha, Beautiful beach, sunset, and a cute little pet!! The universal combination of chick-magnets!! XDD

No scanlations out yet??? biggrin.gif
k-k-kayleigh
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 12 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]337979[/snapback]

^^ Gahaha, Beautiful beach, sunset, and a cute little pet!! The universal combination of chick-magnets!! XDD

No scanlations out yet??? biggrin.gif

There was a scanlation on LJ, but it isn't up anymore sad.gif I'm guessing the poster is trying to put all on one file or something.

EDIT:
I was wrong... There is a scanlation up on LJ!

http://www.livejournal.com/community/hagar...844.html#cutid1

You have to join the comm to be able to view it, though. biggrin.gif
Qeomash
Darn. Someone beat me to it. And I'm already 1/2 way through...tongue.gif

I'll finish it if anyone needs it.
asbereth
Qeomash, it would be much appreciated if you can finish the scanlation. I don't feel like reading the translation separately from the raw, and the link that was posted earlier about the scanlation at livejournal.com didn't work (despite the fact that I had registered there). Thanks in advance.
Tombow
^^ @Qeomash - Yeah, I'd love to see your work!! (If you don't mind doing the rest..) happy.gif
Blitz
Wow, Mei's reaction was hilarious! I read a bit of the translations by Umeko on LJ yesterday and I was getting really impatient but yay! a scan!
Nepharski
It's out already? Sweet. Wish I could see it. sad.gif
drake220
So...if anyone has got some connections to the MSN person who uploads the chapter, would you mind begging them for me to post the new chapter? Beg, threaten, blackmail- whatever it takes... wink.gif
I need to know whats going on with Roy, Riza and the others back at HQ.
Kirara
Well even if they post it on MSN you wouldn't know what is happening to Roy and his crew because they were not in chapter 55. But with the way chapter 55 ended I expect them to be in 56 (and definitely in 57).
AA battery
... @_@ why can't you people just learn to use LiveJournal? That fm_alchemist community has to much new information and all and good FMA stuff to download with...

asbereth: That's because that link is linked to a different community, hagaren_manga, not fm_alchemist. Just read the url.

don't make me hit you with lucky charms. XP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.