Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 55 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Gizmonicgamer
Because, I dont like Livejournal. Its evil, and stuff.

...Upload PLZ?
k-k-kayleigh
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jan 12 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]338055[/snapback]

... @_@ why can't you people just learn to use LiveJournal? That fm_alchemist community has to much new information and all and good FMA stuff to download with...

asbereth: That's because that link is linked to a different community, hagaren_manga, not fm_alchemist. Just read the url.

don't make me hit you with lucky charms. XP

Both fm_alchemist and hagaren are friend locked. You can't see either of the scanlations unless you have joined the community.
Qeomash
Well, here we are...I just finished my speed scanlation. Yes, it is horrible. But, hey, I'm new at this!

http://www.nintendomain.net/anime/hagaren55.zip
Tombow
^^ @Qeomash - Just finished downloading your scanlation!!
AWSOME JOB!! Thank you so much!! happy.gif
Saturn Stars
yeah! I think you did a realyl good job for your first time, thankyou very much fr your efforts
Blitz

... @_@ why can't you people just learn to use LiveJournal? That fm_alchemist community has to much new information and all and good FMA stuff to download with...

Ditto that. I was a little reluctant to join at first, for who knows what reason, but it's worth it. LJ is love~
Animeoldtimer
Live Journal is fine. Just because you join it doesn't mean you have to post all the time. It's a good way to access groups such as fm_alchemist no big deal.

I got to read the translation last night page by page and it's really good.

[spoiler] The Mei scene where she gets mad at Ed is classic! I loved Al's comment. laugh.gif It was translated in the Live Journal scantilization. I didn't see it in the other one.[/spoiler]
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 13 2006, 03:19 AM) [snapback]338151[/snapback]

Well, here we are...I just finished my speed scanlation. Yes, it is horrible. But, hey, I'm new at this!

http://www.nintendomain.net/anime/hagaren55.zip

Excellent work. Though the panel on page 39 I believe has its text slightly off (where Gring says "this is tougher than I thought").
AA battery
QUOTE(k-k-kayleigh @ Jan 12 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]338080[/snapback]

asbereth: That's because that link is linked to a different community, hagaren_manga, not fm_alchemist. Just read the url.

don't make me hit you with lucky charms. XP

Both fm_alchemist and hagaren are friend locked. You can't see either of the scanlations unless you have joined the community.

Yes, they are friend-locked.

And it only takes 5 seconds to join the community to read their friend-locked posts (which I did to read it off hagaren_manga). Can't you even spare that extra 5 seconds instead of replying my post?
Sensenic
For you scanlators, more decent scan material:

HQ RAW out

Still, no chapter title. Go figure. o_O
Full Metal Elf
Ok...I finally read the scanlations..and all I can say is..OMFG!! O_O...this was a good and crazy chapter!! Some new things found out...and..

[spoiler]...GRING!..T_T....I sure hope Ling pulls through...I also hope this new Greed is as cool as the old one...happy.gif. AND....Father told Envy to bring them to Wrath's place!!!!! So..hmm...Can't wait for Chap 56!! [/spoiler]
Nepharski
sad.gif ...Crap.

I go through all that trouble to sign up on Live Journal to see the updates, and it says I'm not authorized. sad.gif

Hope the MSN updates soon.
Singhay
I searched up Rentanjutsu and it came to a page about Alchemy and it listed the word Alchemy in a few languags.

for Japanese it showed: Renkinjutsu, Rentanjustu, and Ougonjutsu.

Another site said that Rentanjutsu was "the art of making elixirs."

Also another site said this about some weird religion or cult in Japan and it had Rentanjutsu in it.

"Rentanjutsu aims at creating the Shintan, the medicine of immortality, through extracting and processing tan or mercury."

And whats Ling want? Immortality.

Also found this too in a English - Japanese glossary.
Alchemy = renkinjutsu
Alchemy, External/Chemical = rentanjutsu
Alchemy, Internal/Yogic = ougonjutsu

I onno what I'm trying to get at really. I just want to be cool and take part in figuring something out!
LordPerseus
Just read the scanlation and I have to say that it was an amazing chapter. Only one problem, it was too short! I anticipated this chapter for a month and it's finally here and i'm not satisfied after reading it! I wish Arkawa would shell these chapters out faster T_T
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 13 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]338338[/snapback]

sad.gif ...Crap.

I go through all that trouble to sign up on Live Journal to see the updates, and it says I'm not authorized. sad.gif

These are locked, so you need to join that particular community.

Or, you can read our own Qeomash's scanlations using translations posted on LJ.
Qeomash posted the link for DL on page 7 of this thread.

Either way works. smile.gif

ETA: Oops, sorry!! I meant page 7, and corrected it now.. Thanks for catching my oops!! happy.gif
And, yeah, HQ scanlations will be great!! Thanks!!
Qeomash
Actually, I did it on page 7.
I've got the HQ scans now, and depending on wheither ZOMG get's their computer issues fixed, I may go ahead and scanlate the better version tomorrow.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Singhay @ Jan 14 2006, 05:39 AM) [snapback]338340[/snapback]

I searched up Rentanjutsu and it came to a page about Alchemy and it listed the word Alchemy in a few languags.

for Japanese it showed: Renkinjutsu, Rentanjustu, and Ougonjutsu.

Another site said that Rentanjutsu was "the art of making elixirs."

Also another site said this about some weird religion or cult in Japan and it had Rentanjutsu in it.

"Rentanjutsu aims at creating the Shintan, the medicine of immortality, through extracting and processing tan or mercury."

And whats Ling want? Immortality.

Also found this too in a English - Japanese glossary.
Alchemy = renkinjutsu
Alchemy, External/Chemical = rentanjutsu
Alchemy, Internal/Yogic = ougonjutsu

I onno what I'm trying to get at really. I just want to be cool and take part in figuring something out!

Well, both Yebyosh and ZOMGFTA did explain what rentanjutsu means...

And now it's obvious that, while being the same, is sth different.

Also, Fu explained about how the origins of rentanjutsu were in mixing the alchemy knowledge that came from Xerxes with Xing's previous chemical knowledges, as they had been researching with mercury indeed (and other substances) since long before, looking for the perfect medicine, the elixir of immortaliy, younameit.

But this ougonjutsu you mention... hmmm.... Certainly a "third party" could make it into the story... Very interesting. Thx for doing the research!
\(^o^)
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 14 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]338411[/snapback]

Actually, I did it on page 7.
I've got the HQ scans now, and depending on wheither ZOMG get's their computer issues fixed, I may go ahead and scanlate the better version tomorrow.

Go, Qeo, go!
Antimony
Qeomash and Livejournal's links didn't work for me when I tried to download them, but someone on deviantART posted a link from YouSendIt that worked. Aside from missing three pages the scanlation was done well.

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30IJ96V...LP33TR3PJRT9946
Qeomash
My link should be working again. It sometimes coughs out late at night and says "403 Forbidden". That's just my wonderful hosting company that I will never do buisness again.
Kyo_Umerio

sad.gif ...Crap.

they usually use ZOMGFTA scantalations... so i doubt they will update anytime soon..... anyways i guess i'll read this scantalation.... sorry for the scarelige Umeko... i'll replace it with yours as soon as it comes out happy.gif
Qeomash
Even I will download Umeko's when it comes out. biggrin.gif
Sikiu-San
THANK YOU so much Antimony for posting that link <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<33333333333333333333 all i have to say is wow. When ed said that last part at the end and the picture is angled just WOW. it added that extra punch *gibbers over the chapter* <<<3333
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 13 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]338394[/snapback]

sad.gif ...Crap.

These are locked, so you need to join that particular community.

Or, you can read our own Qeomash's scanlations using translations posted on LJ.
Qeomash posted the link for DL on page 7 of this thread.

Either way works. smile.gif

ETA: Oops, sorry!! I meant page 7, and corrected it now.. Thanks for catching my oops!! happy.gif
And, yeah, HQ scanlations will be great!! Thanks!!

I totally would, but ZIP has a long-lasting vandetta against me. I'm not even sure if I still have it. So I guess I'll have to wait it out.
drake220
Well, I read the chapter by someone who posted a link and thanks so much for letting us all see! Sorry for not remembering your name. (my condolences to the usual translators who are, apparently, having a moody computer. I feel your pain.)
Now onto chapter discussion!
[spoiler] I personally found that conversation between Ling and Envy hysterical. Only Arikawa could make glowing white eyes surprised. Loved it.
One question though- where the heck where those two talking? Between here and the hereafter? In the Gate? [/spoiler]
I agree with whoever it said that the chapter was rather short. It was much, much shorter. Perhaps we didn't see all the pages. Hope and pray....
Qeomash
*swoons*
It was still 44 pages...just not a lot happened, yes.

As ZOMG hasn't gotten alive yet, it seems, I'll probably spend part of tomorrow rescanlating the HQ version.
Molecular Alchemist
OMG...thank you soo much for posting the link, Antimony! It was wonderous! *jumps for joy* laugh.gif
Kirara
As ZOMG hasn't gotten alive yet, it seems, I'll probably spend part of tomorrow rescanlating the HQ version.

I am almost positive ZOMG is working on the chapter now. Csakuras is back from Japan and Umeko's computer will be fixed by Monday. So I think by Tuesday we will get their translation. At least I hope because I am away for about a week after that.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 15 2006, 04:05 AM) [snapback]338798[/snapback]

*swoons*

why are there a few pages missing? in the Scantalaion?
Antimony
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Jan 15 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]338880[/snapback]

QUOTE(Qeomash @ Jan 15 2006, 04:05 AM) [snapback]338798[/snapback]

*swoons*

why are there a few pages missing? in the Scantalaion?

That's what I was wondering. Unfortunately I don't know who made it, so I have no idea.
Qeomash
I made the one a few posts ago, and all I've seen are 44 pages.

On the new HQ raw, all the pages are there, just that page 6 and 7 are one big page, so they're in the same image.
MasterKris
Wow that was awsome!! happy.gif
[spoiler]Haha! I luved it when Mei-chan was like, "How Dare You Trifle With MY Maidenly Innoncence, You Speak Of A Man!!" Al: "Brother! What did u do to that girl??!!! mad.gif "
laugh.gif

OO, so Mei-chan finally knows that Ling is in Amestris.
I am getting seriously confusing by the Greed info in chap 55... wacko.gif

The part where Greed clapped on Mei and Xiao Mei's reunion, it seems that some sides of him are the same~ tongue.gif

Ling... ㅠ_ㅠ
[/spoiler]
ElvishVamp
Thanks so much for the translation! I'm downloading it right now, so it should finish in about an hour. Stupid dail-up. And I'm gonna have to do this all over again when Umeko's comes out. T_T But it's definately worth! I tried to read it raw, but I can't read much Japanese yet, only enough so I'm not totally lost.
DesFS
Seems like ppl have done the same thing...ah what the heck. (Sry Umeko/Csakuras, but I couldn't wait 8| )
Full Metal Alchemist Chapter 55 Full Scanlation (Translation from Umeko/Csakuras in LJ)

http://www.sfu.ca/~stt/Media/Hagaren55.zip

The file is not protected - 44 Jpg files (6+ MB)
I will remove the link (or kill it) when ZOMGFTA releases their version. This is my first attempt at scanlations, so I'm assuming their's will be better.

[spoiler]
As for Scar and Mei being able to use alchemy, perhaps it's b/c they still use alchemy formulas instead of the clap-hands and transmute method that Al and Ed use?
[/spoiler]

AA battery
off topic: wow O_O How did I got 7MB/sec download from that HQ raw chapter 55 link???? *extremely amused*

Must be the power of switching from wireless to a cord. *goes back to studying*

*waits for zomgfta's HQ scans too :3 *
thearchitect
gah, How do i make it so that my posts are in that spoiler format. I want to say something, but it is a spoiler and I don't know how to use it.
Qeomash
[spoiler*]Type it in here[/spoiler*]

Just remove the *s.
Tombow
Qeomash, you beat me to it!! biggrin.gif

OR, you can do my lazy way of doing it:
Highlight the part you want to put in the spoiler box, then click on B next to I, U, S, etc., then replace "b" with the word spoiler and /b with word /spoiler inside [ ].

Either way works. happy.gif
Kyo_Umerio
lmfao happy.gif i love how we all remain loyal to ZOMGFTA happy.gif and Umeko and CSakuraS XD!!!!! it cracks me up happy.gif i dunno why Umeko was so worried about the other scanlations coming out sooner than hers
Tombow
Umeko and CSakuraS got the loyal followers. It's their craft that make us want to wait, yours truly included!! I already DLed the raw, and DLed the scanlations for chap 55. Those are excellent, and I enjoy reading them very much, but I'm still waiting for that one also!! You know, I got to see!! happy.gif
Qeomash
Even I--who did one of the scanlations-- am waiting patiently for ZOMG's version.

Even if one of the other groups (I didn't even know there were any left...) got it out first, ZOMG would still be the queens of FMA Scanlations.
Kyo_Umerio
yea and do you honestly think the sites that host their manga are gonna take their scanlations from any other Source? tongue.gif yea right... they want the real deal #1 greatest.... and we all know who has the best happy.gif
CowAlchemist
Is Chapter 55 up yet? I know it's out, but is it up anywhere? In english? xD
Tombow
QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ Jan 18 2006, 04:00 PM) [snapback]339909[/snapback]

Is Chapter 55 up yet? I know it's out, but is it up anywhere? In english? xD

Yes, many links for DL are right here in this thread, starting just few pages back!! smile.gif
Nepharski
Some of it (But apparently not all of it) is up (Untranslated) on the MSN site.

Poor Mai. Her dreams are shattered. tongue.gif

And I'm going to assume Scar just found out who's really responsible for the Ishbal war.
Rasputin42x69
First post, hello hello. smile.gif

Got tobu_ishi's scanlation from hagaren_manga. Still waiting for ZOMGFTA's, tho. Gotta see how CSakuraS and Umeko tackle this. biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Jan 18 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]340106[/snapback]

Poor Mai. Her dreams are shattered. tongue.gif

Yeah, it was sad to see her little heart broken, but Mei-chan's a strong girl, she'll get over it.
[spoiler]Besides, if the speculation of Al hiding her and Xiao-Mei inside himself after the big boom is true, her and the brothers teaming up can only be a good thing. biggrin.gif [/spoiler]
And I'm going to assume Scar just found out who's really responsible for the Ishbal war.

Ohhh yeah. Thus resulting in Scar-san greatly bumping up his badass points in my book. biggrin.gif
Aoko-chan
even if I downloaded other scanlations (in which I appreciate) I'd download ZOMGFTA too ^^;;

If Mei is broken heart from Ed, maybe she'll like Al !! *fangirl Mei/Al mode:: now off*
MasterKris
who knows? mabye Ed will do something like save her and Mei-chan might fall in love with Ed again. It's a whole cycle. (though the 'armor in knight' might take effect)

Most importantly, WHAT HE HECT HAPPENED TO ROY?
Kyo_Umerio
i think we should all write a letter of Devotion to ZOMGFTA's and express how much we love and undieing fandom for them XD!!!!!!! they are our gods next to Arakawa-sensei
MasterKris
don't forget the assistants of Arakawa-sensei, the editor, staff, and the anime staff, director, producer, and so forth~ tongue.gif
CSakuraS
*touched* You guys make me want to cry. T__T

Umeko's working on it!! SORRY WE'RE SO LATE OMG. Will never happen again...hopefully.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.