Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signature Contest
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Celestial Shadow
Thanks to Smoke's idea, and Rainy and EKE-kun's opinions, Dai-chan and myself would like to start a signature making contest; maybe multiple contests. So if you would like to be a participant or a judge, just say so~

Note:

*That the judges cannot outnumber the participants.

*The judges and participants change with each contest should there be more contests or even a first one.

*At the time, there is no set limit on participants or judges; just so long as there are more participants than judges.
Smoke Alchemist
Ah! you beat me to starting a thread. I am up for judging...LMK!
foolmetal alchemist
Ehh, I'll be willing to judge or participate. I'll just wait and see which side is more empty.

We'll also need a theme for the signatures and a date set to get the entries in before.
Smoke Alchemist
Once I get my creativity back we'll see what I can come up with, if I am not judging that is LOL!
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Dai-chan @ Dec 27 2005, 10:15 AM) [snapback]334144[/snapback]

Ehh, I'll be willing to judge or participate. I'll just wait and see which side is more empty.
I will be doing the same although I don't really like competing...

QUOTE(Dai-chan @ Dec 27 2005, 10:15 AM) [snapback]334144[/snapback]
We'll also need a theme for the signatures and a date set to get the entries in before.
Yes this is true, but right now I'm just trying to see if we'll have more participants~ Then maybe certain people can suggest themes?

QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Dec 27 2005, 11:45 AM) [snapback]334153[/snapback]

Hmm, Im gonna join.

Yay biggrin.gif One participant laugh.gif
seventh_sky
I'd be happy to enter, but I'm way outranked by all you talented people XD
Celestial Shadow
It's just for fun, and there's no better way to really help you improve your skills biggrin.gif Participant #2~
edsgirl
Okay, I'll participate for this week or whenever it's going to start. Maybe for the first contest, we can make it for a certain anime. Like, a FMA battle, etc.

@ Seventh: That sig you have now, doesn't look amatuerish to me. Is amatuerish even a word? blink.gif
Ailuro
Um, sign me up for participating.
Celestial Shadow
Yes! biggrin.gif Thank you both, I love you!

What we have so far:

Participants

1. Riza Babe

2. seventh_sky

3. edsgirl

4. Ailuro

If we have all the participants we're going to get and if everyone thinks that 4 is enough for right now, then I guess me and Dai-chan will have to be judges~

So it'd be like this...

Judges

1. Smoke Alchemist

2. foolmetal alchemist

3. Celestial Fangirl

And if that's agreed, we need a start date.

Smoke Alchemist
Shouldnt we have one more judge? or would that not be prudent?
~FMAgurl~
I'd like to be a judge, but I think I'm a bit of an amatuer judge, if that's even possible... blink.gif
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 29 2005, 03:54 AM) [snapback]334705[/snapback]

It's better to have less judges than participants.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(META-RIDLEY @ Dec 29 2005, 03:29 AM) [snapback]334713[/snapback]

I would like 2 participate plz and can u tell me when it starts?

Alright, you're #5...

QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Dec 29 2005, 04:10 PM) [snapback]334830[/snapback]

I'd like to be a judge, but I think I'm a bit of an amatuer judge, if that's even possible... blink.gif
Hmm...you could be judge #4, and I think it'd be okay...Plus, we may need someone who won't be too harsh of a judge

QUOTE(Dai-chan @ Dec 29 2005, 04:22 PM) [snapback]334834[/snapback]

QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 29 2005, 03:54 AM) [snapback]334705[/snapback]

It's better to have less judges than participants.

Uh huh, because it'd be kind of weird having an equal amount of judges and participants...

Okay, listen up...

Start Date: Today (12/29/05)

Due Date: Tuesday (1/3/06)

Theme: Fullmetal Alchemist

Character/Sub-theme: Edward Elric

It should be easy for you guys, and easy to judge this way.
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 29 2005, 11:27 PM) [snapback]334998[/snapback]

QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Dec 29 2005, 04:10 PM) [snapback]334830[/snapback]

Hmm...you could be judge #4, and I think it'd be okay...Plus, we may need someone who won't be too harsh of a judge
Start Date: Today (12/29/05)

Due Date: Tuesday (1/3/06)

Theme: Fullmetal Alchemist

Character/Sub-theme: Edward Elric

It should be easy for you guys, and easy to judge this way.[/color]

Okay that's kool. I'm going to assume that it's mandatory for me to be online on the 3rd biggrin.gif I'll visit the forums every day just in case wink.gif
Riza Babe
Heres my entry-
IPB Image
META-RIDLEY
well here is my sig

i finshed, hes sleeping in the rain tongue.gif

IPB Image
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I'll be a judge if you still need someone.
seventh_sky
my entry...

IPB Image

I feel so outdone >_>
Smoke Alchemist
Woe, We are going to tell them what sigs to make? That kind of limits there creativity wont it? Some good stuff so far! smile.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Dec 29 2005, 10:53 PM) [snapback]335013[/snapback]

Bah~ Such an overdone character. D:
I know biggrin.gif That's why it'll be that much harder to impress the judges.

QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Dec 30 2005, 12:22 AM) [snapback]335042[/snapback]

Okay that's kool. I'm going to assume that it's mandatory for me to be online on the 3rd biggrin.gif I'll visit the forums every day just in case wink.gif
Well, the due date for the judging will be the 3rd if everyone gets theirs in before the 3rd. Otherwise, there's no set due date for the judging yet.

QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 30 2005, 08:49 PM) [snapback]335341[/snapback]

Woe, We are going to tell them what sigs to make? That kind of limits there creativity wont it? Some good stuff so far! smile.gif
Well, for this first contest anyway, so that it's easy for them, and easy to judge. I think as we go, we can kind of pull away from that because everyone'll be used to how it goes. Besides, it makes it harder for them don't you think? If everyone is doing the same thing, you're gonna have to work that much harder to stand out.

@Mini- Currently we're all full. But we may need some if there's another contest soon~

This is looking great guys~ All the entries are already in but 2. If everyone finishes before Tuesday, we can start giving scores before then.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 30 2005, 09:45 PM) [snapback]335417[/snapback]

This is looking great guys~ All the entries are already in but 2. If everyone finishes before Tuesday, we can start giving scores before then.[/color]

*will most likely procrastinate*
Celestial Shadow
It's okay. I would too biggrin.gif
Smoke Alchemist
I can not wait to see all the entries!
Ailuro
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 30 2005, 11:29 PM) [snapback]335480[/snapback]

I can not wait to see all the entries!

Well you're gonna have to, dammit! Don't be so impatient!

... just kidding of course. tongue.gif;;
Smoke Alchemist
*Taps foot and waits* Ailuro I need to see yours most!! LOL
Ailuro
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Dec 30 2005, 11:48 PM) [snapback]335492[/snapback]

*Taps foot and waits* Ailuro I need to see yours most!! LOL

... Why is that? blink.gif
Celestial Shadow
Because you told her she would have to wait tongue.gif

I'm just afraid Rainy won't be able to get hers in on time because of whatever reason that she hasn't been able to be around a lot.
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 31 2005, 07:52 PM) [snapback]335760[/snapback]

Because you told her she would have to wait tongue.gif

*Nods* Yeah what she said laugh.gif
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
I guess I can't do it. *just saw the thread today*
foolmetal alchemist
@Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura: There's actually still time to join if you think you can get your entry in on time.

*pokes Celes* Maybe you should update the judge/participant list to show the people who joined since you made it. tongue.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Dai-chan @ Dec 31 2005, 10:31 PM) [snapback]335794[/snapback]

*pokes Celes* Maybe you should update the judge/participant list to show the people who joined since you made it. tongue.gif

Alright, good idea smile.gif

Updated list of participants

1. Riza Babe

2. seventh_sky

3. edsgirl

4. Ailuro

5. META-RIDLEY

Possible #6. Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura

Updated list of judges

1. Smoke Alchemist

2. foolmetal alchemist

3. Celestial Fangirl

4. ~FMAGurl~

Hey Dai-chan, if you want, you can post your scores so far, since you're so hot to tongue.gif Smoke can too. I'll just average them all together later when they're all finished.
foolmetal alchemist
Well, I meant "update" as in go back to your old post and add them in, but this works too. laugh.gif If I do post them, I'll probably edit this post for them.

...I just thought of a much smoother way to run signature contests once the Member Teams are up and running...

Scores:

Riza: 9/10 It's very nice, but I would have to take of points for the font and text effects, which are sort of a pain to look at. I also think the picture of Al might have been better to blend in more than the Ed picture. It makes more sense to me because he's the one walking away. Your background and blending style still keep your score up.

Meta-Ridley: Nice colors and the render is blended well, but the rain doesn't seem to fit with them. 8.5/10

Seventh Sky: Hmm, the background colors are nice, but the spatter effect seems a little simple looking. I also think the text looks a little basic, and could use some more effects on it. 8/10

Ailuro: Ooh, I like how part of the render hangs off the image...the picture is also very original. The only thing I think could be added is a bit of brushing for the background, and maybe to bring the background colors out more. 9/10

Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura:: Hmm, the only thing I like is how the image is cut up into sections...everything else could use work. 5/10

silver bg: Ahh, I don't really like the animation. It seems a bit amateur, and doesn't go well with the pictures or text. The image could also use some kind of border. The background is nice though, and it was brushed well. 8/10

I'm thinking there's a better way give ratings than this...
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
Yay, I'm in. Sweet.
*will be a procrastinator*
Just kidding, I'll have it done by Monday morning at the latest.
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 31 2005, 08:37 PM) [snapback]335799[/snapback]

Hey Dai-chan, if you want, you can post your scores so far, since you're so hot to tongue.gif Smoke can too. I'll just average them all together later when they're all finished.[/color]

I will wait for the last entry, maybe smile.gif This is exciting LOL! tongue.gif
Ailuro
IPB Image

After much procrastination.

Version: FM-A forums! x3

If my little name in the corner will take points off, pretend it's not there. I only added it to make sure that no one could steal it. As if anyone would. tongue.gif

I'm so gonna lose.
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
Right, Ailuro. -You- are gonna lose? Pffffffft.
Here's mine.

IPB Image
silver bg
editt * neeed to fix something

it may look laggy at frist but once it plays it gets going right >< and there is a 5second pause at the end
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(silver bg @ Jan 1 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]336047[/snapback]

editt * neeed to fix something

it may look laggy at frist but once it plays it gets going right >< and there is a 5second pause at the end

Eh? Does that mean you want to participate or something? Didn't you say you weren't going to?
silver bg
I changed my mind

IPB Image

META-RIDLEY
nooo omg i wish i got 9.0 well there judges so i wont be mad
silver bg
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Dec 31 2005, 10:40 PM) [snapback]335801[/snapback]

silver bg: Ahh, I don't really like the animation. It seems a bit amateur, and doesn't go well with the pictures or text. The image could also use some kind of border. The background is nice though, and it was brushed well. 8/10

I'm thinking there's a better way give ratings than this...

actully I know exactly what you mean :\ I was just messing around with the animation,just trying to make something kinda funny....
Riza Babe
Lol yay 9/10 biggrin.gif Woot lol.
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Dec 31 2005, 08:40 PM) [snapback]335801[/snapback]

Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura:: Hmm, the only thing I like is how the image is cut up into sections...everything else could use work. 5/10

Understandable.
seventh_sky
I'm happy with my score...it was a rush job and I didn't try really hard...

Do a Gundam SEED sig contest next time! XD
Celestial Shadow
This is D-day and we're missing two judges and a participant so far mellow.gif Oh well, the show must go on~ That's what due dates are for anyway.

My judging was in no way influenced by anything, and in fact, I'm going to go read Dai-chan's judgings after this.

Riza- Hey, your entry is different from the last I looked mellow.gif Anyway, onto meh crapping judging...I like yours, but there's nothing that spectcaular about it ;>_> (Gosh, I'm judging my former sensei now) I mean, the effect is really nice and all, and the text is nice and clear, but there's nothing that really jumps out at me. Plus,the color doesn't really go >.o Overall though, it's a nice, solid sig. 8.5/10

META-RIDLEY- You're a very good siggie maker, and you do animation nicely. Nothing really to say bad about this one. Although I don't particularly like the background, it works. Still, it's not too exciting to me, but great job tongue.gif 9/10

seventh_sky- Not bad, and it has your style about it. But the text! You know I always have issues with your text tongue.gif You make a decent siggie and then you always bore me with the text! It's just plain white ;_; Overall, aesthetically, it is not a bad siggie, so 8/10

Ailuro- dry.gif I hate you. You have these mysterious Photoshop skillz and you're way better than me T_T *Cough* Like I was saying, yours is awesome. It's very different, a pic that I've never seen before, and tres kawaii~ I'm in love with it T_T I also love how you made the render go outside of the box...And the text effect is lovely too. I'll stop gushing now and give you a... 9.7/10 tongue.gif Could've done an effect with the render, maybe.

Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura- I like the effect but other than that, it bores me. Plus, you should've got rid of that white box on the side...I suggest a better pic next time. 6/10

silver_bg- Nice background on the pic, but nothing goes together @.@ the animated pic doesn't fit with the other one, and the text on the black part just...mmm, I just don't like the text on any of it really . I understand what you were trying to go for, but in my opinion, it doesn't work. Difficult to judge, but 7.5/10

I wonder if I'm harsh or too easy? *Goes to look at Dai's*

Oh and Dai, if you've got a better way to judge...be my guest and suggest away.
META-RIDLEY
YAY i got 17.5 points w00t
Celestial Shadow
Well, I'm afraid this contest has got to end by the end of today...The due date was yesterday, but we desperately need another judge...*Idea*

Smoke Alchemist
No worries going to post my scores now.

Riza Babe: Nice blending and BG as always, however this is like most of your other work and nothing really new about it. Text and pictures used are uber! 7.8/10 cool.gif

META-RIDLEY: I like the effect you were going for but not quite like rain to me, looks more like a fuzzy TV signal. It is really nice coloring and a nice simple sig biggrin.gif 8/10

seventh_sky : Excelent BG almost resembles a painting. Nothing to exciting about it. Nice use of the cropping tool. and as always great bright warm colors used. 7.5/10 laugh.gif

Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura: I really liked the effect you were going for and just loved the way you sliced up the image. I am not a big fan of the black and white though. really good, wants to see more from you smile.gif 6/10

silver bg: I like the humor aspect of your sig. Basically all I see here was your ability to cut and paste and throw some animation. *shrugs* I was waiting for something impressive when the gif started. 5.5/10

Ailuro: My choice for the best of the bunch! Most original picture. Awesome BG effect! great framing and the text is very unique...*Wants it* 9.5/10 cool.gif

*EDIT* Sorry Ailuro! cant believe I forgot!!! huh.gif

Ailu: S'okay. *thumbs up*
Ailuro
I hate to seem critical, but you forgot to rate mine. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.