Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma 1, Fma 2, Fma 3, Which One Is Sadest/ Best/your Fav?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
LoMXD
Fma 1: Broken Angel,
Fma 2: Curse Of The Crimson Elixir,
Fma 3 "kami Wo Tsugu Shyoujo"

Which One is Sadder/ better IMO/your fav?

I thought that both of the first two games were pretty sad, but over all I think the 1st was sadder. probably beacuase some people saw armony as a possible match for edawrd. with elma's case, shse slready had someone. Elma also died first, so that made things a little less depressing in the second game.

which one do you think was the saddest in your opinion? Which one is your fav?
Tyna
Damn, none of them was that sad, really now. I mean, the second one was so MUCH better than the first one. The first one was like a Mary Sue fanfiction that you can find on this website called Fanfiction.net. It was so lame. Like come on now, an original character with angel wings, suffered from a past that can't remember, touches the heart of the main character and makes him act not like himself, and makes even the strongest man sway with tears. I mean, those...my friendare all the qualities of a Mary Sue.
Anyways, yeah, in the end, Roy almost cries, and I was like WTF, man, 'cuz you know, Roy never cries. It took the death of his best friend to shed one tear out of him and in this case, he didn't even fucking meet or KNOW the girl Armony yet.
I hate number 1. I shoulda known it was lame the moment I heard the title "Broken Angel".
But the 2nd was SO MUCH better. Gotta give that credit.
About that possible Armony match. Well, duh, Mary Sue. They purposely made it look like Armony touches Ed's heart in some places. Come on now, when he was teaching her Alchemy the freaking song "flowers of the heart" was playing in the background. And he was willing to go against everything to save her. Obviously now, duh...
And that line he said towards the end when they tried to save her, "I won't let anyone lay a finger on her". Oh, my gosh, how lame and old is that.
LoMXD
I though it was cute though. yeah the second one was better in quality as in graphics and such but an equal match in story. Armony wasnt really a Mary Sue and I thought it was a good thing to make her touch edward emotionally. It shows how much more human he is. I sure I wouldhave acted the same way as him in a case like this
AA battery
I didn't like Armony...

I think the second one was more sad.

However, even tho the main character of the third game, Sofie, is kinda Mary Sue-ish too, I like her... She is better tham Armony.
Tyna
Bah, show how much more human he is? We can already see how human and emotional that little boy can get in the anime AND the manga. Don't need any stupid Mary Sue girl to prove that point. He even admits himself to that in episode 9, Be Thou for the People. He said, while pulling out a screw that Winry gave him, "I wish she would think more about my human side".

He's already emotional enough, maybe way more than enough. And I know that. But seeing him wasting all his emotions on some stupid girl with angel wings is just so old it makes me wanna throw up.

They try to make her all innocent and stupid too 'cuz obviously you can read between the lines that the professor cares for her but she always try to buy self-pity for herself by saying stuff like "Daddy don't like me anymore" and stuff like that.

Shit, I don't even like the NAME Armony.
foolmetal alchemist
Ehh, neither of the games were all that sad to me. The plot lines didn't really reach out to me, so I couldn't feel any sympathy for the new characters. None of the game characters had that interesting of a personality either. There just wasn't anything to draw me into the games.
Tyna
Spoken like the raw truth. Way to go, foolmetal. And love your name, too, by the way.
Kyo_Umerio
i think i would go with both... cause Armony died... i mean come on people.... shes GONE!! no longer existing and all she wanted was to help out her father.... (who created her in the first place ~_~) but still i mean... he was messed up... sacraficing his daughter twice... almost as bad as tucker.. i mean we didn't get involved with nina... but i cried.... and as for in the 2nd game.. i felt bad for the old guy... cause it seemed like he loved bother Crowley and his lover or whatever... and it was just soo sad... kinda hit home... ~_~
Tyna
Bah, how can anyone cry over the first one? When Roy was about to cry in the end, I was like what the hell. Roy don't cry to start w/, people. the only place where he shed tear is after his friend's death.
AA battery
QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 25 2005, 02:18 PM) [snapback]333739[/snapback]

Bah, how can anyone cry over the first one? When Roy was about to cry in the end, I was like what the hell. Roy don't cry to start w/, people. the only place where he shed tear is after his friend's death.

Off-topic + movie-spoiler

[spoiler]but I cried at the part where Wrath finally reunited with Izumi.. so touching... That's the only part I cried, tho... as I didn't feel that Ed parting Al was all that sad since it was soooo predictiable that Al would somehow cross the gate anyways.... oh, the part when Alfons Heiderich died is sad too >_< Somehow I am kinda a OC whore for hagaren movie (but then, I don't really like Noa, so what the hell XDDD) [/spoiler]
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Legolas of Mirkwood @ Dec 23 2005, 04:03 PM) [snapback]332933[/snapback]

I though it was cute though. yeah the second one was better in quality as in graphics and such but an equal match in story. Armony wasnt really a Mary Sue and I thought it was a good thing to make her touch edward emotionally. It shows how much more human he is. I sure I wouldhave acted the same way as him in a case like this

thats exactly how i feel! i never thought of Armony as a mary-sue, but i agree she is a little sue-ish but i think she's still a good character

anyway i think they were equaly sad, well anything that Edward cries in i think is sad but in the first one i think it was sweet that Armony touched his heart hey she's better then Winry! to all you winry haters out there laugh.gif
and the second one was kinda sad. Arlen, all he wanted to do is be reunited with elma and Crowley... i guess when yo think about it it was'nt really sad but i still had tears in my eyes ;_; but all this is just my thoughts on the matter you can like what you want
Tyna
Bah, u people are just softies.

And if ur a true fan of FMA, then there's no way u'll like those Mary Sue stories of SquareEnix. Trust a Gemini when she says this. Us Geminis have a thing for unique or boring stuff, and we know which is which.
Herumastaa Kanaru
QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 26 2005, 07:04 PM) [snapback]334015[/snapback]

And if ur a true fan of FMA, then there's no way u'll like those Mary Sue stories of SquareEnix. Trust a Gemini when she says this. Us Geminis have a thing for unique or boring stuff, and we know which is which.

Don't you mean YOUR and YOU'LL/YOU WILL Sorry I looked up ur and u'll and neither were in the dictionary. I'd also like to point out that Mary sues apply to FANFICTIONS not actual characters that are created for shows,games,book,etc. Armony Eiselstein is not a Mary Sue it's a known fact,and Hiromu Arakawa helped contribute to the game. Just because you feel one way about something doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Do you know Broken Angel was a big success in Japan? Only a "true" fan would not like females from SquareEnix games your saying? You do realize that not everyone is the same and that liking Broken Angel does NOT disqualify them from being a "true" fan. I myself love Full Metal Alchemist, I also enjoyed Broken Angel so that doesn't make me a "true" fan? You realize what your saying makes no sense. Why dodn't you get facts straight first dear alright? I'd also like to point out that theres many a Anime,and games that have girls with some sort of amazing gift,etc. I know Anime that posesses a character who is considered a fallen/broken angel as well and it was lovely dark,angsty,depressing one. I mean come on seriously, do you think they are all MARY SUES as well? Just remember thats your OWN opinion.One thing thats boring to you and i'm sure not ALL Geminis is YOUR opinion not the WORLDS,not ALL Geminis it's your own. <3

As for which game is sadder, they both had equally sad aspects to them I mean Full Metal Alchemist is known to have tragedy spread through out it. Personally I feel Broken Angel was the sadder of the two,Crimson Elixir was more or so comedic then the first one alot more and it was intended to generally be so to over all in general but ,they fitted more comedy into it. Personally, I enjoyed Broken Angel more storyline wise however it was very short and not very extended like most rpgs are intended to be. None the less it was a enjoyable game. What actually made me really like the game over all was Armony's fate I love tragic endings. Both games were enjoyable and Crimson Elixir had it's sad moments to I admit I enjoyed Elma's death scene as well.(Not as in HA ,your dying way of course .) But over all in a way Crimson Elixir had a happier ending the Broken Angel did.
Tyna
I didn't really get that part about the angel that you said. But I didn't like it nonetheless. I mean, anime that always has fallen/broken angels, some people like it 'cuz it's angsty, and dark and stuff, but it's so old and lame. I mean, angel wings on depressed girls, how many times have we seen that, people?

And yeah, sorry about the comment saying SquareEnix stories are Mary Sues. Not really, their stories are their stories. Only the broken angel sounds like it. And no, I never said Broken Angel was a Mary Sue. i said it sounds like a Mary Sue. Difference!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Herumastaa Kanaru @ Dec 27 2005, 09:27 PM) [snapback]334328[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 26 2005, 07:04 PM) [snapback]334015[/snapback]

Don't you mean YOUR and YOU'LL/YOU WILL Sorry I looked up ur and u'll and neither were in the dictionary. I'd also like to point out that Mary sues apply to FANFICTIONS not actual characters that are created for shows,games,book,etc. Armony Eiselstein is not a Mary Sue it's a known fact,and Hiromu Arakawa helped contribute to the game. Just because you feel one way about something doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Do you know Broken Angel was a big success in Japan? Only a "true" fan would not like females from SquareEnix games your saying? You do realize that not everyone is the same and that liking Broken Angel does NOT disqualify them from being a "true" fan. I myself love Full Metal Alchemist, I also enjoyed Broken Angel so that doesn't make me a "true" fan? You realize what your saying makes no sense. Why dodn't you get facts straight first dear alright? I'd also like to point out that theres many a Anime,and games that have girls with some sort of amazing gift,etc. I know Anime that posesses a character who is considered a fallen/broken angel as well and it was lovely dark,angsty,depressing one. I mean come on seriously, do you think they are all MARY SUES as well? Just remember thats your OWN opinion.One thing thats boring to you and i'm sure not ALL Geminis is YOUR opinion not the WORLDS,not ALL Geminis it's your own. <3

As for which game is sadder, they both had equally sad aspects to them I mean Full Metal Alchemist is known to have tragedy spread through out it. Personally I feel Broken Angel was the sadder of the two,Crimson Elixir was more or so comedic then the first one alot more and it was intended to generally be so to over all in general but ,they fitted more comedy into it. Personally, I enjoyed Broken Angel more storyline wise however it was very short and not very extended like most rpgs are intended to be. None the less it was a enjoyable game. What actually made me really like the game over all was Armony's fate I love tragic endings. Both games were enjoyable and Crimson Elixir had it's sad moments to I admit I enjoyed Elma's death scene as well.(Not as in HA ,your dying way of course .) But over all in a way Crimson Elixir had a happier ending the Broken Angel did.

*claps* AMEN! thank you! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 27 2005, 10:17 PM) [snapback]334345[/snapback]

I mean, anime that always has fallen/broken angels, some people like it 'cuz it's angsty, and dark and stuff, but it's so old and lame. I mean, angel wings on depressed girls, how many times have we seen that, people?

no offense or anything i'm not trying to pick a fight but there is a perfectly good reason why she has that wing. and also, some people enjoy things like that, people have different opinions you know. unsure.gif
Tyna
Yeah, not trying to fight here either. I guess what I mean to say was more like if anyone like FullMetal Alchemist for its difference and uniqueness, then there's no way they'll like anything by SquareEnix, like that Broken Angel story.

You see, every anime these days are like a guy who's handsome, and a girl who captures his heart but suffers and needs his help. He saves her and the world and they're all happy in the end. Everything is like that these days, especially those SquareEnix games. The girl is the key to saving the world and she needs a goodlooking guy by her side. Just think of Yuna, Aeris, Rinoa, and Garnet. I mean, no offense at all. People might actually like those stories, but like I said, I always like to pursue newer stuff, so those bore me really bad. So old. And Broken Angel (again, no offense) is just one of those old corny stories to me.

I mean, come on now, a wing, suffers from a past she don't know, argue with the guy but then in the end, developing something between them. and she dies, and he was sad. U knoe, they tried to make it that they argue so when she dies, it'll be sadder 'cuz we'll be like, "NO! They won't even argue anymore!" They tried everything to make us sad, it seems.

Let's see:

1. The letter in the end, when Armony was talking in the letter.
2. Armstrong said that "She would have been a great alchemist indeed".
3. Ed said, "But if you die, everything ends". Strangely, when I heard that, it doesn't strike me 'cuz i remember hearing another anime character saying it before. I don't remember who. But Ed didn't strike me 'cuz he wasn't the first one to say it.
4. The pastor made a flower field.
5. Roy nearly cried, which was stupid by the way 'cuz he don't cry to start with, especially over a girl that he don't know. He never even talked to her face to face.

Yeah, so i guess they did all that in the end to make us cry, but I was like yawning and like, "You know, it ain't working".

And what more, in the end, when Ed was all trying to go against Roy and everyone to save Armony, he terribly reminded me of Tidus when he found out Yuna was gonna die. The stupid emotional wuss (Tidus of course) was all breaking down and crying. And it kills to see Ed like that 'cuz he's emotional, but not...that way. I don't know, it's just something I can't explain.

And yet again, we see another old thing that Square has once again repeated. The idea that the guy would go against everything outta his way, against what he had to save his precious girl. In FFIX, Zidane decided to quit Tantulus to go with Garnet. And here, Ed was willing to beat the crap outta Major Armstrong and his higher rank officer, Mustang, just for the girl. And the way he acted, it was emotional and dramatic, but it's not Ed's emotional and dramatic. It looks like they took Tidus and put into him at that point.

I don't know. I can't explain it. It's one of those things that we can see rather than say.

Anyways, to top it all, it's just old, and I'm bored.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 29 2005, 07:50 PM) [snapback]334896[/snapback]

Yeah, not trying to fight here either. I guess what I mean to say was more like if anyone like FullMetal Alchemist for its difference and uniqueness, then there's no way they'll like anything by SquareEnix, like that Broken Angel story.

You see, every anime these days are like a guy who's handsome, and a girl who captures his heart but suffers and needs his help. He saves her and the world and they're all happy in the end. Everything is like that these days, especially those SquareEnix games. The girl is the key to saving the world and she needs a goodlooking guy by her side. Just think of Yuna, Aeris, Rinoa, and Garnet. I mean, no offense at all. People might actually like those stories, but like I said, I always like to pursue newer stuff, so those bore me really bad. So old. And Broken Angel (again, no offense) is just one of those old corny stories to me.

I mean, come on now, a wing, suffers from a past she don't know, argue with the guy but then in the end, developing something between them. and she dies, and he was sad. U knoe, they tried to make it that they argue so when she dies, it'll be sadder 'cuz we'll be like, "NO! They won't even argue anymore!" They tried everything to make us sad, it seems.

Let's see:

1. The letter in the end, when Armony was talking in the letter.
2. Armstrong said that "She would have been a great alchemist indeed".
3. Ed said, "But if you die, everything ends". Strangely, when I heard that, it doesn't strike me 'cuz i remember hearing another anime character saying it before. I don't remember who. But Ed didn't strike me 'cuz he wasn't the first one to say it.
4. The pastor made a flower field.
5. Roy nearly cried, which was stupid by the way 'cuz he don't cry to start with, especially over a girl that he don't know. He never even talked to her face to face.

Yeah, so i guess they did all that in the end to make us cry, but I was like yawning and like, "You know, it ain't working".

And what more, in the end, when Ed was all trying to go against Roy and everyone to save Armony, he terribly reminded me of Tidus when he found out Yuna was gonna die. The stupid emotional wuss (Tidus of course) was all breaking down and crying. And it kills to see Ed like that 'cuz he's emotional, but not...that way. I don't know, it's just something I can't explain.

And yet again, we see another old thing that Square has once again repeated. The idea that the guy would go against everything outta his way, against what he had to save his precious girl. In FFIX, Zidane decided to quit Tantulus to go with Garnet. And here, Ed was willing to beat the crap outta Major Armstrong and his higher rank officer, Mustang, just for the girl. And the way he acted, it was emotional and dramatic, but it's not Ed's emotional and dramatic. It looks like they took Tidus and put into him at that point.

I don't know. I can't explain it. It's one of those things that we can see rather than say.

Anyways, to top it all, it's just old, and I'm bored.

thats a good point. thank you for that also [<---no sarcasm] Square does like to put things from their past game into the newer ones
[EX]Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts. we're kinda going off topic so i won't say anything else on the matter, to me i just like sappy stories laugh.gif ;;

Tyna
Yeah, thanx 4 understanding. Like I said b4, no offense to those who actually like those old, corny, sappy stories. But for me, I just like unique stuff so i get bored easily.

i guess there's no point arguing further 'cuz we all think in different ways.
LoMXD
I still think the first was sadder. I am a sap for FMA so I will fall for anything about it. Even what you call "Mary sue stories" but i still enjoy them,
AA battery
QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 26 2005, 04:04 PM) [snapback]334015[/snapback]

you know, Arakawa Hiromu also took part in creating those original characters, so what do you mean by "true fan of FMA should not like the game characters"? So are you dissing Hiromu Arakawa too?

Everyone has their own Point of View, some like the OC, some don't, so what?

-___-
NinjaKasumi123
sad.gif FMA and the broken angel because Armony and her father died... sad.gif so... i cried... its the saddest...
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jan 2 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]336341[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tyna @ Dec 26 2005, 04:04 PM) [snapback]334015[/snapback]

you know, Arakawa Hiromu also took part in creating those original characters, so what do you mean by "true fan of FMA should not like the game characters"? So are you dissing Hiromu Arakawa too?

Everyone has their own Point of View, some like the OC, some don't, so what?

-___-

i belive there was a novel for that also like The Land of Sand and there was also one for Akaki Elixir no Akuma so yeah, she DID create them O_<
Tyna
I know she did, but I'm sure she didn't create the whole story herself. She's one original manga writer, and Broken Angel was NOTHING of original, so I don't believe she did it all herself.
InsaneFangirl
Hmmm...I have just finished both games with TONS of help. XD;;

I think the first. Don't exactly know how to explain why.

I guess...there was more emotion for Ed...and everyone has to love Edo-kun! happy.gif He was CRYING. Come on...he cries, I cry.

I don't like Armony all too much, and I don't think they were "meant for each other", but I'm not heartless. I can't watch something like that and not get sad. T______T

I don't know what you guys feel, but maybe I'm just a good ol' softie.
Xkeenz
Number one was sadder i think
LoMXD
yeah but nu,ber two had more ties to the anime/manga story(bringing back to life aspect) but the emotion is both games got me.
FMA4ever
I think the first game was very sad! When Armony died at the end and when Ed cried...I cried! It was sad! sad.gif And even when Roy was with Riza and he put the flowers down and a whole bunch bloomed. *tear*
Hanozo
I say Secound one is more sad since three friends suffer from a past mistake. And then in the end he wants to die with them but he gets dragged.
FMA4ever
QUOTE(Hanozo @ Sep 4 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]441945[/snapback]

I say Secound one is more sad since three friends suffer from a past mistake. And then in the end he wants to die with them but he gets dragged.

Yeah that part was sad too! sad.gif I don't know which one it worse!
OddiElric
I have only seen things from the first game! It was sad it made me cry. Personaly I think Ed just cared about Armony like a sister not a lover. He was upset when she died because she was his apprentice and you know he had to protect her. I think it would be pretty lame if they got together because its a videogame it would be better if it happened in the series.

Just one girl's opinion. smile.gif
dragonqueen
OddiElric: Ugh! It kills me that the stories from the game are not in episodes for the series. I mean, most people probably only play the games because they want to watch the cutscenes and see what the story is about. I agree with you, the story would be better if it was in the series.
Celeste Nayamashii
Actually I disagree. I think it'd further mess up the storyline quite honestly. The story is about the brothers trying to find the Philosopher's Stone. These stories are completely original and have nothing to do with the actual plot to the anime. It would have been difficult for them to work around the games and with the episodes. The games are just fanservice. If they would have put the game stories in the anime, it would have been pointless. In the anime, I think Ed getting his brother's body back is more important than what these game storylines entail.
AA battery
In the anime, I think Ed getting his brother's body back is more important than what these game storylines entail.

True, but if these events DO happen in anime, Ed and Al won't ignore them, that's for sure... but I do agree that these stories should not appear in anime since it would somewhat mess the storyline up.
LoMXD
then it would take out the fun of playing the games too. I personally played them to see what they were about
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
can i saw that this game no matter what is my favorite one yet.
edo little kid
I cried when I played Broken Angel !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.