Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Your Favorite Holiday?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Cheez_n_ Maeve
Its kinda random but what's everyones favorite holiday? Well not really kinda random but really random. If that made any sense what so ever.
Anyways, my favorite holiday is Christmas. I love the whole christmas season! It makes me really warm and fuzzy on the inside. Course... that may be from the amout of Starbucks peppermint mochas I consume every year. O.o
animefangirl
cristmas ! prasents presents and more presents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Flamable
Indeed my favorite hollidays are this ones, Christmas Hollidays. Not only because of the presents ( but of course I enjoy receiving them ) but because I like the winter much more than any other season and I like the cold. I'm quite weird, I know.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
I love presents too. But i also like giving presents
Quistis88
I like Christmas the most, because something about it just makes me feel joyful. smile.gif As well, there is no school on that day.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
Christmas! it's always my favorite, even though i can't stand to wait all the till the 25 it always seems to go so slow laugh.gif
but my 2nd has to be halloween -cosplay XP-
and valantines -it's close to my b-day XD-
Kicki
Halloween! I love to run around and scare peoples asses off! haha.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(Kicki @ Dec 22 2005, 02:57 PM) [snapback]332556[/snapback]

Halloween! I love to run around and scare peoples asses off! haha.

Yes Halloween is the perfect time to do that! Good point.
I also like St. Patricks Day~ its my birthday!
Celestial Shadow
Like Quistis, Christmas is my favorite for a lot of the same reasons. I just feel in a good mood for no particular reason, there's no school, the weather is nice here, and life's routine is broken up for a change smile.gif Besides, you get presents biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Halloween. You can find the coolest spider stuff around Halloween. Plus you get to dress up. I wish I had a house so I could make it really scary and scare a bunch of kids. Now that would be fun!
the_lightning_alchemist10
wacko.gif i can't choose just one!!
well:
X-mass/Hanukkah (presents and buring cadles of doom!)
Halloween (candy from strangers and they don't wanna kill me, you scare random people, and you get to dress up!)
my b-day (money, cake, and i get to do whatever i want. yay!)
and lastly the chinese new year (my mom makes REALLY good food then. YUMMY! happy.gif )
Slashrose1010
Mmm... I can't really decide on one since I like different holidays a lot for different reasons, but the top two are:

Christmas = presents + break

Halloween = dressing up is normal + candy

Oi, the only thing I don't like so much is the commercialization. It totally ruins the actual meaning of these holidays.
the_lightning_alchemist10
Oi, the only thing I don't like so much is the commercialization. It totally ruins the actual meaning of these holidays.

True. It's hell going to the mall to buy your greedy famly members the single hardest thing to find. and what the hell does Santa have to do with x-mass...it's supposed to by Jesus's b-day.
Carnal Malefactor
Arbor Day. It's the only day of the year when I can hug all the trees I want and nobody looks at me funny.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 22 2005, 05:31 PM) [snapback]332623[/snapback]

Yeah, you're so right. And there's always those stupid people with they heads up their butts who complain about anything to do with Christianity or religion in general. In Pasadena, California there is actually a Jewish owned store in a mall that actually (finally) faught back to be able to stand up this huge manorah (please excuse my spelling if i spelled that wrong- its 2:41 am) in the mall. And they were allowed! Which I think is really cool because not only is it a "religious symbol" but also a symbol of hope. Go Jews! (No, Im not Jewish.)
caerulcis
Elemental/Alchemist
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Dec 23 2005, 06:46 AM) [snapback]332803[/snapback]

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 22 2005, 05:31 PM) [snapback]332623[/snapback]

Yeah, you're so right. And there's always those stupid people with they heads up their butts who complain about anything to do with Christianity or religion in general. In Pasadena, California there is actually a Jewish owned store in a mall that actually (finally) faught back to be able to stand up this huge manorah (please excuse my spelling if i spelled that wrong- its 2:41 am) in the mall. And they were allowed! Which I think is really cool because not only is it a "religious symbol" but also a symbol of hope. Go Jews! (No, Im not Jewish.)

haha, i totally agree, nice line - "Go Jews"
I'm actually jewish, so my favorite holiday would have to be chanukah, 8 days of food and presents, hell yea! laugh.gif
(and don't worry about the spelling; it's Menorah with an "e" but it doesn't matter)
it's pretty sweet too, b/c for my non-jewish friends, we sometimes get together to have a Chrismukkah party around this time (Christmas and Chanukah fall on the same day this year!) - so it's all good holiday fun and partying cool.gif
Happy holidays to all for whatever holiday/religion you celebrate!!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Dec 23 2005, 06:46 AM) [snapback]332803[/snapback]

Yeah, you're so right. And there's always those stupid people with they heads up their butts who complain about anything to do with Christianity or religion in general.

Well, you have to figure in the fact that originally Christmas couldn't have less to do with Christianity.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 23 2005, 12:55 AM) [snapback]332703[/snapback]

Arbor Day. It's the only day of the year when I can hug all the trees I want and nobody looks at me funny.

laugh.gif What a fine choice. I like Arbor Day as well, though, I would still 'hug trees' anyway. I am sure some of my hippie friends would join me as well.
Sleeping Forest
...halloween...cause you can be whoever you want for a day...

...and chinese new year...laugh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Dec 23 2005, 03:46 AM) [snapback]332803[/snapback]

I bet nobody complained about the nativity scene now did they?

I love how american is based on freedom of religion yet this wanker christians piss and moan about other people celebrating the season as they see fit. News flash! Not everyone is kristian!

(Christian spelled with a 'k' just for the kooky cristians out there)
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 22 2005, 11:55 PM) [snapback]332703[/snapback]

Unfortunately, because of the fact that Arbor day is not featured in commercials nor does it come with pressure to take the day off of work or spend unholy amounts of money in it's celebration, most average citizens will let Arbor day pass by none the wiser, and thus will still look at you funny when you hug your trees. sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
It's all about insecurity, really. Anything that doesn't fit into their narrow view of the world, they perceive as a threat. Hence all this crapola about a 'war on Christmas'.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 23 2005, 01:46 PM) [snapback]332864[/snapback]

It's all about insecurity, really. Anything that doesn't fit into their narrow view of the world, they perceive as a threat. Hence all this crapola about a 'war on Christmas'.

I thought "War on Christmas" was just a Daily Show gag. mellow.gif Imo, people gripe too much on both side of that debate, and thus it's much more fun to laugh about all of it and go on with your own personal celebration.

Happy Politically Correct Non-Denominational Celebration Day to all of you. <3!
Smoke Alchemist
Tied between Christmas and Halloween. Love every holiday I can be with people I love though! biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 23 2005, 11:51 AM) [snapback]332866[/snapback]

Happy Politically Correct Non-Denominational Celebration Day to all of you. <3!

That's why I started telling people Happy Festvus. It has no religious background. It's safe for now.
biggrin.gif
CRAP ALCHEMIST
Its in 2 days
Demonhunter399
i like veterans day, casue that is when we celebrate all the people who has help us get to were we are today. brave people that fought for our freedom and for a better world for everyone.*cry*
Elemental/Alchemist
Envy's lil' miniskirt
News flash! Not everyone is kristian!

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 23 2005, 02:46 PM) [snapback]332864[/snapback]

i'm personally glad that i have friends of all backgrounds - i can celebrate my religious holiday with theirs, and they with mine, etc.
--this time of yr. is really about spreading love, joy, and hope for the future, nomatter what holiday you specifically celebrate...
again, Happy Holidays to all cool.gif

** @Demonhunter399 - yea veterans day is huge; to honor the memories of fallen soldiers who fought for us is extremely heartfelt and important **

Edit: (this is based on a recent article in the newspaper that i read) did anyone know that in the House of Reps. they recently voted for a resolution to ban a public display of Happy Holidays if the intention is for Christmas? - pretty much this means that u must say Merry Christmas if the majority of ppl celbrate and want it and imply nothing else or something like that (i didn't understand the whole article, it was weird)
-- but the whole "war on Christmas" is getting out of hand, and now congressman think ppl. are attacking the holiday - it's ridiculous, i hope it doesn't get passed in the senate otherwise crazy pres. Bush might actually go with it (and according to the paper, it said when someone brought an identical resolution with Channukah, Kwanzaa and Ramadaan in it, it was argued over) O'riely and his political friends are really going overboard.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(Envy @ Dec 23 2005, 11:27 AM) [snapback]332861[/snapback]

I bet nobody complained about the nativity scene now did they?

I love how american is based on freedom of religion yet this wanker christians piss and moan about other people celebrating the season as they see fit. News flash! Not everyone is kristian!

Well you have people like that everywhere. No matter what religion or non religion. Haha. And in fact there is no nativity scene. Nativity scenes happen to be even more offensive than manorahs, or at least it is here. God forbid if you dare say "Merry Christmas". But you are right about those annoying, as you put it Kristians, who are always pissing and moaning. They say they are christians but are really a bunch of bored, whiney, selfish jerks who seem to have no lives but to ruin other peoples happyness to make themselves feel important. People like that give a bad name to any religion or atheist.
DZBrick6
Halloween all the way with Dias de los Muertos being a close second. I LOOOOOOVE Calaveras de Azucar!!

IPB Image

IPB Image
**DROOL!!**
TheFlameAlchemist
Merry Christmas MAN!

Excuse me for my narrow view of the world, not that I would care if its On fire!
I hate politically correctness and If someone doesnt stand up For wat they belive in Who Is!
I love Jews! If anyone read the bible they would understand! and Its suprising to me how so many people can call us narrow minded!
I say call it whatever holiday you want to! Mine is Christmas! yours may be Haunnakah! but whatever it is Call it wat it is! dont Fall into the Man's Saying of "Happy Holidays" Go against Convention people! I want everyone to know, no matter what religion, creed, color, or Nationality, there is always someone out there that loves you, and this time of year is to give thanks for what you are so lucky to have. So have a happy Christmas, hannukah, kwanza, Ramadan, or whatever it is you celebrate, and give thanks for your blessings.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
*sings* We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Happy Chanukah, We wish you a Happy (?) Ramadan. A Happy Kwanza to you!
I love the music this time of year! Especially that wonderful song that goes "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost ripping off your clothes, yuletide carolers being hung by a wire, and folks dressed up like buffalos. Everybody knows, a turkey slaughtered in your yard helps to make the season bright. Tiny tots with their eyes all gouged out will find it hard to sleep tonight...." and all that good stuff!
Carnal Malefactor
If you really wanted people to call it what it is, you would be urging them to say "Joyous Saturnalia". Because that's what Christmas was originally called. It has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus. Jesus wasn't born in the winter.
TheFlameAlchemist
^ he he Dude, there are different seasons all over the world at different times. it may be winter here but over Where Jesus was born its acctually Spring, and how can you Say Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus! Jesus was the Christ hence Christmas! Quit trying to mask what everything is!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(TheFlameAlchemist @ Dec 24 2005, 06:21 AM) [snapback]333285[/snapback]

^ he he Dude, there are different seasons all over the world at different times. it may be winter here but over Where Jesus was born its acctually Spring, and how can you Say Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus! Jesus was the Christ hence Christmas! Quit trying to mask what everything is!

There is no place in the world where it's winter and spring at the same time, dumbass. Jesus was born in May.
Toby-Chan
Okay, you kids. Stop trollfighting and be nice.
Cheez_n_ Maeve
Yes! BE HAAAAAPPYYYYY!!!! wahaha. We can all go find a moutain with snow and roll, slide, slip, whatever you want to do. Or if you live by the beach, sand will do fine. *sigh* the only thing I dont like about christmas is that im always presented with delicious food but I suddenly am not able to eat even one serving size of it.
caerulcis
Cheez_n_ Maeve
QUOTE(JayW @ Dec 24 2005, 05:57 PM) [snapback]333437[/snapback]

ROFL. Hahaha that made my dayCheez_n_ Maeve. never heard that before. hahaha. *tries to sing* "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost ripping off your clot...okay i better stop now before i start attracting stray animals. biggrin.gif

Hahaha. Glad you liked it. It's a song by Weird Al, or at least i think it is. Well my dad used to sing that to me and my brother at least once every christmas, usually when the song that it's making fun of comes on. Its one of the many demented songs that I've learned through the years. Which include "In Taberna" (which is in latin and is about drinking- including drinking naked) and "Marry a Woman Uglier than You" jamaican style ( title self explanitory)
Elemental/Alchemist
QUOTE(Cheez_n_ Maeve @ Dec 24 2005, 09:33 PM) [snapback]333462[/snapback]

QUOTE(JayW @ Dec 24 2005, 05:57 PM) [snapback]333437[/snapback]

ROFL. Hahaha that made my dayCheez_n_ Maeve. never heard that before. hahaha. *tries to sing* "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost ripping off your clot...okay i better stop now before i start attracting stray animals. biggrin.gif

Hahaha. Glad you liked it. It's a song by Weird Al, or at least i think it is. Well my dad used to sing that to me and my brother at least once every christmas, usually when the song that it's making fun of comes on. Its one of the many demented songs that I've learned through the years. Which include "In Taberna" (which is in latin and is about drinking- including drinking naked) and "Marry a Woman Uglier than You" jamaican style ( title self explanitory)

hahaha...Wierd Al is frieking awesome... i've never heard that song before tho, i only know a few...
i especially love "yoda", the song that's a take on "lola" by The Kinks - i suggest it over lola just b/c it's funnier...
unless u enjoy a crossdressing song over a little green puppet who rocks
wolfy519
probley halloween because you can scare people by dressing like a ninja ph34r.gif
FMA-Freak
I like Christmas the best, but also my birthday.
zombie
Australia Day
I get time and a half
Sharingan Serpent

My fav holiday would have to be Christmas, Easter, but for some reason I hate Halloween...actully I hate october...even though my birthdays on it...am I werid...? unsure.gif
Chiyo-chan
Christmas!!XDD presents, no school, the best holiday ever!
Taskinst
Halloween..
It's all about the candy for me, since I always seem to be to broke to buy a costume
Suzume^
I love summer vacation. It's so long, and it's on the season when it's sunny and warm and you can just sleep and swim and lye on the grass and eat ice cream and.... Do all the fun stuff. biggrin.gif (In Finland, summer vacation starts in the beginning of June and ends in the middle oh August, so it's really long~)
MasterKris
Any holiday that takes school days off. And Christmas. Who doesn't love Christmas?? whahahahahahahahhahahaha.....
Tombow
Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, and any other holidays that involve lots of food and candies!!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.