Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alex Louis Armstrong Fan Thread!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
alexlouisarmstrong
you can talk all you want about armstrong say what you want when you want
Mikage_Elric
Oi, not him.

I don't hate him, yet he's annoying.

But I like his sister.
bLurberry`
Basically I dont hate him at all but yet I dont like him too.
I just couldnt understand why during mostly every battle he would strip his clothe off =.=''''''
but he does has a cute sister
alexlouisarmstrong
whats wrong with him but this is a topic where you can talk about his whole family so talk about his sister if you want
Nepharski
Alex Louis Armstrong is the gentle giant. I find his hillarious and heartwarming (He refuses to kill anyone, misses Maria).

His family's a little weird, though.
theothersin
Armstrong and his sparkles scare me. But he's awsome in his own way.
DZBrick6
QUOTE(bLurberry` @ Dec 22 2005, 02:35 PM) [snapback]332507[/snapback]

Basically I dont hate him at all but yet I dont like him too.

Actually, your comment makes me think of a comparison...Armstrong is kind of like Piccolo from DBZ, he's not exactly anybody's favourite character, but he's always around when you need him...interesting, also, that both characters are (Funi) dubbed by the same guy, the one, the ONLY Christopher Sabat...
The Great Asparagus
haha armstrong's awesome. =] I LOVE HIS SPARKLES!! i wish i had sparkles too!! XD and it's oh-so-dramatic when he rips off his clothes and gets a spotlight. haha i love that. and in the manga, he's easily moved to tears. like when he was getting all emotional cuz of the elrics. biggrin.gif
Armstrong scares me. I would just like to know where the sparkles come from....
eina

Teehee, I lurve Armstrong! He's this really interesting guy who cares for his friends, although I'm quite curious on why he always gets assigned with people related to the villain side, such as Archer in the Anime, and the Fuhrer in the Manga, of course all of this happened after Hughes died..

You should see him in a skirt... *cracks up*

Antimony
Armstrong is a really fun character! He's so over the top and emotional but he cares about everybody. The manga staff loves him the best, too! I want to draw fan art of him but I can't quite get his muscles right yet. Must practice more!
Frazzie
I swear, Armstrong's sparkles will take over his mind one day. :D

I know I'm a bad person for only watching the dubbed anime, but I love how he says "mus-koles" instead of "muscles". And his boingy blonde curl is so 1337.
Tombow
QUOTE(Frazzie @ Dec 24 2005, 06:59 PM) [snapback]333407[/snapback]

I swear, Armstrong's sparkles will take over his mind one day. biggrin.gif

LOL!!
Yeah, he is strangely lovable. XDDD
The Great Asparagus
Besides his own sparkles, his whole family has sparkles too!! So in ep. 37 when they kinda stood together, there was this huge cloud of sparkles, and that cracked me up. biggrin.gif they look so... cute...!! tongue.gif and it seems that his whole family have a random piece of hair that sticks out like Armstrong himself has. I suppose that's passed down through their family for generations. happy.gif
Cozzer
"I like playing piano..." *starts lifting the piano with one arm*

I think I laughed for months after that one.
animefangirl
QUOTE(Cozzer @ Dec 29 2005, 08:12 AM) [snapback]334740[/snapback]

"I like playing piano..." *starts lifting the piano with one arm*

I think I laughed for months after that one.

lol same here !
i like armstrong couse he really adds the comady ...
*~vachi~*
Armstrong is a good character, at least thatīs what I think...he is funny, but when I first saw him showing his muscles i found him a little weird...but then, I start laughing at it, he really looks like he cares about the Elric Brothers, and he getīs emocional sometimes (in the manga, donīt know if in the anime is the same) well, a good strong fun character, thatīs him!!
Martin Easth
Armstrong is perhaps the most brilliant character in FMA. He talks about all the good abilities he and his family possess and in fact he is good at a lot of things. Running (in one episode he mentions a secret dashing-technique), Drawing Sketch (e.g. of Al), Alchemy(transmuting with the help of his transmutation-circle engraved fighting gloves) , Fighting, Scarring of people by showing of his big arms etc.
Sometimes I found his whole apperance comic but he is a serious character and he is always there lending a helping hand when it is neccessary.
Hagaren_4ever
So I was talking to with my friends about Brotherhood and how the characters are different, and we were saying how Armstrong didn't change one bit. At one point one of us said, "I wonder why Armstrong didn't have a love interest in either series?" and my Mom walks by and says, "Duh! Armstrong's gay!"

What do you think? laugh.gif
IceSkadi
I think that he loves too much his muscles to be distracted by women P:

BTW the whole Armstrong family is too awesome to be described in a single word. Alex himself is the most absurd and yet funny character of the series, maybe preceded only by his two "manly" sisters and Garfiel P:
Katya Martin
"This ability for hilarity has been passed down through the Armstrong family for GENERATIONS!"
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Mar 15 2010, 01:40 AM) *
"I wonder why Armstrong didn't have a love interest in either series?" and my Mom walks by and says, "Duh! Armstrong's gay!"

What do you think? laugh.gif

So gay people don't have love interests, was that what she was saying? tongue.gif

Nah, I get what she meant (I think), they probably wouldn't show a gay couple on screen unless it's yaoi, or possibly a comedy series, I guess.

Edit: Just realized that that last part about comedy might sounded a little offensive, lol. None meant ^^
Sannom
Well, Armstrong is certainly flamboyant, and his only "manly" center of interest must be his muscles and strength happy.gif Plus I wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow scared of women. Look how mean his big sister is, and how scary the two others look. Not to mention, of course, the fact that his mother seems to be the stern and authoritative one among his parents laugh.gif

But still, that whole family is just made of awesome laugh.gif Be they be gentle giants, cute little woman, mean and authoritative ice queen, giant mother of five children or weird-bearded father, they are all badass. I'm sure they could have been the rulers of Amestris for generations if it wasn't for the kind nature of (most of) the members of the family!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.