Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Want To Have Kids Someday?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Chiyo
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 29 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]387832[/snapback]

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 29 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]387824[/snapback]

Your grammar makes me want to weep.

C'mon, and like you indent after you finish a paragraph, popogeejo. Don't critisize other people if you can't do something better. Poor mamoura..getting insulted for the way she types!
If I got a baby with a different gender, I would just go on and have it, I could have another shot for a girl.

Oi, none of this, he has a point about the grammer, but he must also realise pointing it out will change little. You need Void to really put the point across.
Popogeejo
I'd also point out that I was being polite. I use the best Grammar and spelling I can and atleast I know where to capitolise. wink.gif I also know alot of people don't use English as there first tougne but I'd like to see them try atleast.
Mamura can do better than that if she tries.

Any way back on topic.
After some thought I don't really want kids unless my partner also wants some. I don't care about gender but I couldn't deal with any more than 3 under 15 years old.
MonsterEnvy
QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 29 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]387832[/snapback]

C'mon, and like you indent after you finish a paragraph, popogeejo. Don't critisize other people if you can't do something better. Poor mamoura..getting insulted for the way she types!

You obvioiusly haven't tried indenting after a paragraph. It doesn't let you use tabs...

But, popo, you don't use as many spaces as you ought...
QUOTE(winryrockbell1 @ Apr 29 2006, 01:48 AM) [snapback]387695[/snapback]

not really if i do i might adopt who wants 2 go through the pain of givin birth

Actually, I think that it would be rather interesting... as part of the half of our species that will never get a chance to do so, I think that it's unfortunate that any of the other half would waste such an interesting and unique experience of pain as childbirth is.
Popogeejo
But, popo, you don't use as many spaces as you ought...

To true but atleast I try.
Sharingan Serpent
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Apr 29 2006, 10:39 AM) [snapback]387837[/snapback]

QUOTE(kittygirl @ Apr 29 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]387832[/snapback]

If I got a baby with a different gender, I would just go on and have it, I could have another shot for a girl.

Oi, none of this, he has a point about the grammer, but he must also realise pointing it out will change little. You need Void to really put the point across.

... blink.gif

Mamoura I really hope that you do become a wonderful parent...

I think with you'll become a great mother with that aditude laugh.gif

Carnal Malefactor
stfu

Seriously.
Migchao
QUOTE(Void @ Apr 29 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]387929[/snapback]

stfu

Seriously.

Who? huh.gif
Oops, I meant 'And like you indent after you use a sentence. Sorry for the mistake.
Sharingan Serpent
^^ Don't worry Kitty he was directining that comment at me so don't worry about it laugh.gif
MeLRizA
2 kids i guess... more than enough... laugh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Zarpia @ Apr 27 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]387015[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Apr 27 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]387010[/snapback]

QUOTE(Zarpia @ Apr 27 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]387008[/snapback]

I have no intention whatsoever to have a kid.

Gonna be an old spinster like Lori, eh? laugh.gif

I sure will, I don't see anything wrong with that. tongue.gif

There is nothing wrong with being a spinster. It's much more fun that sitting around whining about not having a boyfriends that's for sure plus you are free to do whatever you want.

I heartily endorse being a spinster. biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Apr 28 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]387142[/snapback]

Count me in on spinstering.

Yay!
The spinster army is growing! laugh.gif
QUOTE(RainDancer58 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]387357[/snapback]

Never wanna have kids. Ever.

Huzzah!
Somebody else who doesn't adhere to the lifescript.
QUOTE(Monster Envy)
I think that it's unfortunate that any of the other half would waste such an interesting and unique experience of pain as childbirth is.

That is such an easy thing for a man to say. laugh.gif

Childbirth is very hard on a womans body. I've heard stories that made my toenails curl backwards.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Apr 29 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]387773[/snapback]
See my housemates are that one step further, they know what they are going to name their kids.

Lol, If I ever have kids, and If I ever have a girl, I know a name I want.. xD

BIG IFS there!

QUOTE(MeLRizA @ May 4 2006, 04:36 AM) [snapback]390300[/snapback]

2 kids i guess... more than enough... laugh.gif

No couple should have more then 2 kids.. EVER.. thats MAX of one kid per person!

This planet is overcrowded enough...!

This would slowly bring the population down again..
asunder
damn i missed my chance to make fun of how popo posts!
Spacing of text, lines and paragraphs is somewhat more subjective by the way. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the spacing of how he posts.

back on topic:

if / when I find my soulmate, I'd like to have 2 kids. i'd go for the average of 2.5... but decimals can be a bit tricky.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(asu @ May 15 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]395837[/snapback]

damn i missed my chance to make fun of how popo posts!
Spacing of text, lines and paragraphs is somewhat more subjective by the way. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the spacing of how he posts.

back on topic:

if / when I find my soulmate, I'd like to have 2 kids. i'd go for the average of 2.5... but decimals can be a bit tricky.

well the .5 can be reached if your soul mate is "a dwarf" (No offence ment), then you just have 5 half kids! biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

(This IS a joke now guys)
Water Achemist
Yep. But that's a bazillion years from now, because that's how long it'll probably take for me to actually grow up. tongue.gif Actually, probably more like 10 or twenty years from now, but, eh, ten/twenty a bazillion, what's the difference? And as for the number, I want two kids. Nice, normal number, and lots of fun, fun arguing between the kids if I'm lucky.::grin::
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Water Achemist @ May 15 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]395844[/snapback]

Yep. But that's a bazillion years from now, because that's how long it'll probably take for me to actually grow up. tongue.gif Actually, probably more like 10 or twenty years from now, but, eh, ten/twenty a bazillion, what's the difference? And as for the number, I want two kids. Nice, normal number, and lots of fun, fun arguing between the kids if I'm lucky.::grin::

O.o....
give yourself 60 years...
asunder
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ May 15 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]395852[/snapback]

QUOTE(Water Achemist @ May 15 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]395844[/snapback]

O.o....
give yourself 60 years...

i didn't think they allowed newborns to post.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(asu @ May 15 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]395982[/snapback]

i didn't think they allowed newborns to post.

What? Oo
phoenix dying
QUOTE(asu @ May 15 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]395837[/snapback]

What? are you planning to have half a kid?!? Wait! I have it, your going to have a midget! laugh.gif

I don't know if i want to have kids...i just don't know
Toby-Chan
Theoretically, I'd love to have children, because I just love kids. I love interacting with them; playing, talking, learning with them, and I'm often told I'm good with them.

Practically, I'm not so sure. I don't know if I'd be able to handle being responsible for another human life full time. Especially when it comes to the point of adolescence and raising a teenager... gah, that'd just suck suck suck! I'm sure I'll mature into a more responsible person someday... but still... I worry I'd screw up somewhere down the line.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 16 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]396268[/snapback]

Theoretically, I'd love to have children, because I just love kids. I love interacting with them; playing, talking, learning with them, and I'm often told I'm good with them.

Practically, I'm not so sure.

Toby, that's what being the cool, crazy aunt is for. You can hang out with the nieces nephews etc and at the end of the day give them back to their parents. biggrin.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 16 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]396279[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 16 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]396268[/snapback]

Practically, I'm not so sure.

Toby, that's what being the cool, crazy aunt is for. You can hang out with the nieces nephews etc and at the end of the day give them back to their parents. biggrin.gif

This is why I want Mini as an Aunt!
asunder
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ May 16 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]396285[/snapback]
This is why I want Mini as an Aunt!

for the free daycare?
Le Monkey
Ofcourse! biggrin.gif
BloodHunter Alchemist
I would like a child, yes... At least one, MAX two...
I even know who the father is going to be, and he knows it too tongue.gif
The only problem is that we need a boy to bring his name on... He's the last one in his family who can bring their name further, because he's only got sisters.

And I know a name I want... Though my boyfriend says it's a gay-name tongue.gif
Popogeejo
Having a kid just so Daddy can pass on his name seems kinda retarded to me.
elalquimistafilosofal
i want 4 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif 2 boys and 2 gir biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ls
BloodHunter Alchemist
QUOTE(popogeejo @ May 18 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]397180[/snapback]

Having a kid just so Daddy can pass on his name seems kinda retarded to me.

Hey, no misunderstandings here... We want children because we love each other, stupid tongue.gif But to bring on his family name we need to get a boy... But there are no catastrophe if we get a girl either... tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Aren't you a little young to be thinking about having children with your boyfriend? You haven't even graduated high school yet.

sweety_pie
I know I want three kids.
asunder
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 19 2006, 11:32 AM) [snapback]397751[/snapback]

Aren't you a little young to be thinking about having children with your boyfriend? You haven't even graduated high school yet.

You can't change the minds of two stupid people in "love". Sad thing is that they're too young to even understand that word.

They will only learn from their own mistakes.

Ice Blizzard
i want 3 kids....1 boy and 2 girls....Dont ask why tongue.gif
BloodHunter Alchemist
Fine, whatever... The thread is asking "Do you want to have kids someday?"... And I answered... Whatever you people say, that's my answer;
Yes, I want to have children one day!
kbz333
been there, done that. i have 2 beautiful kids girl 5 (on sat) and a son 2yrs 4mths. they were both surprises for me and my partner (ie: not planned) but we kept them all the same.

i had my girl when i was 22 (21 when i fell) and then when i was 24 when i had my son.
i would like another one, but financially we can't afford it.

love them both to bits, yes they can drive me nuts, but i don't care, cause when they give me kiddles (kisses and cuddles) it makes up for all the stress and no sleeping.

i found being pregnant great. loved it. loved breastfeeding too. i support having kids all the way. only for the joy and laughter they bring. smile.gif
Captain
hell yeah i want kids
and a loving wife
but of coarse reality only goes so far
i want 2
a boy and a girl
that way i can hav boxing and band kids
Miriamele
Well, when I was younger I swore I'd never have kids. I wanted to go to school, be an actress, travel the world...do all kinds of things. I never saw having a family in all my plans. And I didn't think I had enough patience to be a parent. But then I went and got pregnant (accidentally of course) in my first year of university.

My boyfriend and I ended up getting married, and now we have two kids (age 7 and 1). I would be lying if I said it's always great having kids. It's not--being a parent can be very draining (especially when the baby is crying at 4 in the morning). And sometimes I really DON'T have enough patience...But the love that they give back to you is more than worth it. Both my kids are beautiful and intelligent and I'm so proud of them. My 1 year old is just starting to talk and you wouldn't BELIEVE how adorable he is...Now we're thinking of having a third child.

I know my life would have been a lot different if I hadn't gotten pregnant and started a family back then...but even though sometimes I wonder what I missed out on, ultimately I am happy surrounded by my wonderful family. I always know I am loved and I know where I belong.

Anyway, I can travel the world and all that when I'm older. smile.gif
MeLRizA
QUOTE(kbz333 @ May 24 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]400009[/snapback]

been there, done that. i have 2 beautiful kids girl 5 (on sat) and a son 2yrs 4mths. they were both surprises for me and my partner (ie: not planned) but we kept them all the same.

i had my girl when i was 22 (21 when i fell) and then when i was 24 when i had my son.
i would like another one, but financially we can't afford it.

love them both to bits, yes they can drive me nuts, but i don't care, cause when they give me kiddles (kisses and cuddles) it makes up for all the stress and no sleeping.

i found being pregnant great. loved it. loved breastfeeding too. i support having kids all the way. only for the joy and laughter they bring. smile.gif

QUOTE(Miriamele @ May 24 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]400135[/snapback]

Well, when I was younger I swore I'd never have kids. I wanted to go to school, be an actress, travel the world...do all kinds of things. I never saw having a family in all my plans. And I didn't think I had enough patience to be a parent. But then I went and got pregnant (accidentally of course) in my first year of university.

My boyfriend and I ended up getting married, and now we have two kids (age 7 and 1). I would be lying if I said it's always great having kids. It's not--being a parent can be very draining (especially when the baby is crying at 4 in the morning). And sometimes I really DON'T have enough patience...But the love that they give back to you is more than worth it. Both my kids are beautiful and intelligent and I'm so proud of them. My 1 year old is just starting to talk and you wouldn't BELIEVE how adorable he is...Now we're thinking of having a third child.

I know my life would have been a lot different if I hadn't gotten pregnant and started a family back then...but even though sometimes I wonder what I missed out on, ultimately I am happy surrounded by my wonderful family. I always know I am loved and I know where I belong.

Anyway, I can travel the world and all that when I'm older. smile.gif

Aawww~ such sweet posts! You both moms made me seem that having kids bring tons of joy to the family!! laugh.gif Both moms here sure have wonderful kids, I would be more than happy to get a chance to babysit them.. hehe^^
Yeah, I'll have kids when I get married.. but not now.. =X
Galorfilinde
I'm not sure if I'll ever have kids, but I don't think I will. The whole pregnancy thing really freaks me out, and I just don't really like kids. Of course, maybe that'll change when I get older. I'm 18 now and most of my age think kids and babies are cute and stuff, but I don't. So I'm not sure. I just don't know how to handle them, and most of the time I'm just annoyed by the children who are playing in the streets. And things like changing dipers and a baby crying in the middle of the night aren't fun, but I don't think that's a reason for not having kids.

And, before I even think of having kids, I want to have a career (and a boyfriend tongue.gif ). I want to finish school, find a good job, and be sure my life is stable.

Maybe I'll adopt a kid when I start wanting one. You help a child with that, and you don't have to get pregnant. I'm sure it won't be simple, but giving a child without parents a home is also a beautiful thing instead of getting one yourself.

I'm sure there are a lot of sweet kids, like some of you told, and as a parent you always love your kids, whether you had it planned or not. So I'm not sure about it, but right now I'd say no. Maybe I'll think different in the future.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(elalquimistafilosofal @ May 18 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]397302[/snapback]

i want 4 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif 2 boys and 2 gir biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ls

QUOTE(sweety_pie @ May 19 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]397823[/snapback]

I know I want three kids.

QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ May 22 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]399528[/snapback]

i want 3 kids....1 boy and 2 girls....Dont ask why tongue.gif

Why must everyone insist on exspanding the worlds already brimming population?!?!

Have 2 kids max per couple, not 2 kids per father/mother. <<
Ugh!!
Popogeejo
Alway have an even ammount though so when bored you can have then fight for sweets/DVDs/lunch.
Miriamele
Le Monkey, the world could theoretically support a much larger population than it has now...the problem is that certain countries (including my own) take way more than their share of natural resources and food. It's probably over-idealistic of me, but I'm hoping that in future generations things will even out a bit, and people will stop being so greedy...what am I saying? You're right, the world is overpopulated...

But then you have the issue of economies--Industrialized nations are always looking for ways to increase their population because that's the only way the economy can avoid stagnation. But is this right or wrong? Hmm, now you've given me something to thing about... cool.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I believe the world is overpopulated and it makes me whince to see how many people want kids. I often wonder if it's because the feel the have to in order to keep up with the jones and because of social pressure.

I don't believe that the industrialized world will collapse just because the population goes down. There's alot of BS corporations out there that humanity doesn't really need if they go under society will not collapse and no one will miss them. There will be enough workers to keep society going. Remember, humanity didn't always have such a large population and we got along just fine.
Popogeejo
The world is not over populated, it's resouces are just mismangaed. I belive that with improved cultivation techniques, better use of land area and better trading that this lil' ol' planet could support far more people, possibly 2 or 3 billion more (Yay unfounded theories!!).
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I don't know how anyone could look around and see how overpopulated we are. I was trying to find the recent UN report that was put out last year. If I find it I'll post it. Other sites I found are all biased one way or the other. Plus, I don't like the way the world is going anyway and I don't want to leave my children behind on it.

Some food for thought.
Toby-Chan
Wanting children is a natural instinct; it's not shameful.

I don't think there's ever been a time when I was able to imagine myself not having a family. I could never see a future without that ideal in it.

I personally found it odd when I first heard people say they never wanted to get married or have children (years ago). I grew up with parents and siblings, and I suppose any other life seemed foreign.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 25 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]400854[/snapback]

Wanting children is a natural instinct; it's not shameful.

Nobody said it was. Just like not wanting children is selfish or weird.

I'm sure family life has alot to do with wether people want children or not. I've noticed alot of other childfree people don't want kids due to the atmosphere they grew up in and are afraid to repeat it with their own children. But there's a variety of reasons why people don't want children. Even if they grew up in a good home with siblings.
asunder
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 25 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]400795[/snapback]

I don't know how anyone could look around and see how overpopulated we are. I was trying to find the recent UN report that was put out last year. If I find it I'll post it. Other sites I found are all biased one way or the other. Plus, I don't like the way the world is going anyway and I don't want to leave my children behind on it.

Some food for thought.

haha sorry the info on the origins of the site's name was a bit more interesting than the contents of your url:

In one of his later novels, The Number of the Beast, Heinlein introduced the character of Gay Deceiver, an intelligent space car which embodied his ability to transport readers to strange and exotic places. Gay Deceiver could travel not only through time and space, but between different fictional settings as well, depositing her passengers in L. Frank Baum's Oz, Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom, and—in a supremely self-referential leap—Heinlein's own "Future History". It is my hope that this web site, named after that "continua craft", will serve as a small tribute to the influence Robert A. Heinlein had on my life, and perhaps transport a few readers to destinations they've never visited before.

Sharingan Serpent
I think it would be nice to have kids but then theres all the stuff you need to do...So I'll pass... sad.gif Besides I'm never going to get married or have kids
quiddityofquid
If I ever have kids I'd adopt them, because I would never want to be responsible for someone being alive, plus I don't want to pass on all the lovely genetic diseases to which my family is prone. I'm also constantly afraid that I'm going to forget something whenever I'm around small children, and that they're going to end up injured because of me. I'd probably make a terrible parent. sad.gif
Miriamele
QUOTE(quiddityofquid @ May 25 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]401007[/snapback]

If I ever have kids I'd adopt them, because I would never want to be responsible for someone being alive, plus I don't want to pass on all the lovely genetic diseases to which my family is prone. I'm also constantly afraid that I'm going to forget something whenever I'm around small children, and that they're going to end up injured because of me. I'd probably make a terrible parent. sad.gif

lol, I don't think your fear of injury would make you a bad parent. Every parent feels that way. I am constantly imagining the terrible injuries my two kids might end up with if I make a mistake. I think it's just instinctive for parents to feel this way, to help them protect their offspring from every possible threat.

Btw, I think it is very mature of you to not want to pass on genetic diseases to another generation. Adoption is something that I think more people should consider who want to have kids, for the reason you stated and for others as well. I myself thought at one time that if I had kids, maybe I would adopt them. It didn't work out that way though. smile.gif
chemist
i want...thats the miracle of life
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.