Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Want To Have Kids Someday?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
nakagos bunny
Do you want to have children someday? (if you don't already.....)

I want to have at least one. Mostly because I just want someone to carry on my genes.XD I want a part of myself left in this world after I'm gone.

But I'd really like at least one of each gender.
japaneseobesession
not really. I have short attention span, patience and temper, so I'd probably have already killed the kids out of anger before they turn 1

I don't think I'd like the pain or process to getting pregnant and getting the baby out, too

yet my hand says I'm gonna get 3 or 4 o.o;;
Carnal Malefactor
Sure. But if I had to choose between having my own kids and preventing certain others from having them, I'd take the latter.
Mrs. Edward Elric
who wouldn't want to have kids?
Automne
^ Huh huh...

I would really love to have kids. The problem is that I don't have much patience and I know I'll certainly regret it later, oh we'll see.
Celestial Shadow
I wouldn't mind having one at least, or maybe even two...But the pain and hellish conditions the mother must live through before having the child, AND after the child (changing diapers, feeding, etc) isn't too appealing. Also, as I've seen with my baby nephew, I don't have much patience and am actually a bit strict mellow.gif
Toby-Chan
I love children, and it would be great to have that experience in life of being a parent, but at this point I'm not thinking of it much, as I can't forsee what sort of person I will grow into and whether I will someday depvelop the maturity, patience and personal strength to care for another life.
Kyros
I'd like to have kids one day ^^ I'm gonna be like Hughes and spoil them lots hehe. Well, of course, I won't go too far with it cuz I don't want them to be bratty or anything. If there was one of each gender, I'd like the older one to be a guy so he could look after his little sister ^^
DustStorm
I'd like to have a kid or two. An older sister so the little brother would look up to her. I am going to be a cool Mom someday. tongue.gif
Quistis88
I suppose my answer is more of a "yes" than a "no". However, ever since I started teaching children, I have started to like them less and less. dry.gif It makes me paranoid that my children might turn out to be a horrible bunch. I don't think I'd be able to stand much of that.

In an ideal situation, I'd have fraternal twins the first time around (I'd only have to go to the hospital once to get two kids). biggrin.gif Hopefully one of each gender, and if they're not identical, there's no way I'd be able to mistake one for the other. Two is also an ideal number of children for me to have. At least 2, anyway, but no more than 3.
TheFlameAlchemist
Yes! I love kids (except my neice mad.gif the brat!)

I'm thinking like 4 of them in 2-3 year intervals.
DZBrick6
Allow me the opportunity to enlighten y'all, my friends. Having already accomplished parenthood, twice, I might add, let me say this...it ain't a bad job. Granted, I wish I could spend more time with my kids, but it's just not a possibility right now, so I take every chance I DO get. For those of you concerned whether you'll have the patience or stamina for kids, I'm telling you now, kids will change you, for the better in most cases. In my case, I was the most black-hearted, selfish, obnoxious self-centred individual on the planet, probably still am, to a point. But I'll do anything I can for my kids. They will make you rethink a lot of things, mainly your priorities, and if you don't learn a bit about yourself at the same time, then you're doing something wrong. So fret not, if it happens for you, enjoy it and don't look at taking care of somebody else as a chore. It's actually a whole lotta fun and the first time they look at you and tell you they 'love you lots' is a moment you will never forget.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 17 2005, 01:24 PM) [snapback]330624[/snapback]

In an ideal situation, I'd have fraternal twins the first time around (I'd only have to go to the hospital once to get two kids). biggrin.gif Hopefully one of each gender, and if they're not identical, there's no way I'd be able to mistake one for the other. Two is also an ideal number of children for me to have. At least 2, anyway, but no more than 3.

I agree. That would probably be my ideal situation as well.

If not, I'd like two kids with enough time apart so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed. And preferably to have a girl first, then a boy to show which gender is the boss. tongue.gif
the_lightning_alchemist10
...sure i want kids! At least two, being an only child does suck at times. I love little kids, not babies. babies cry in the night and i never wake up to anything but a smoke alarm and barely my alarm, but when they are like 3 and can talk...THEY SOUND SOOO CUTE!!!!! i truely don't care what gender, but it'd be weird if the situation was like Ed's and Al's, then i got their names right there lol i'm kidding, i'm not that weird. When i will eventually become a mom all i know is that i don't want to act like my mom too much. My mom has a short-temper (short-temper=the kid has to be fast to escape into room), thickheaded, doesn't even try to relate to me, and well.....hard to talk to, o well i love her. o srry got off topic.....the end!
Haru-San
of couse i want at least one kid, maybe adopted cus i dont think ill ever get maryed and having a kid sounds way too painful
im always gonna be a kid at heart and id wanna raise em to be like me and take care of them
m always gonna be a kid at heart and id wanna raise em to be like me and take care of them

same here, i shall raise them with anime at thieir sides! lol...seriously i probably am gonna do that
Haru-San
QUOTE(the_lightning_alchemist10 @ Dec 17 2005, 06:19 PM) [snapback]330680[/snapback]

m always gonna be a kid at heart and id wanna raise em to be like me and take care of them

same here, i shall raise them with anime at thieir sides! lol...seriously i probably am gonna do that

well im planning on moving to Japan after High School and college, so they will most definately be exposed to anime and are bound to like at least one
well im planning on moving to Japan after High School and college, so they will most definately be exposed to anime and are bound to like at least one

I wish i could move to Japan, but my mom would most likely kill me if i tried...someting about the japanses are going to kill you (me), you are Korean. so i can't even learn japanese. *sobs*
edsgirl
Since I already have my little boy, I would like to have a little girl sometime before I get old and decrepit. I'm ready for another woman in the family. Way too many boys. I couldn't handle another boy. Too destructive, and mean, and they like to be messy. sad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Dec 17 2005, 07:23 PM) [snapback]330713[/snapback]

Since I already have my little boy, I would like to have a little girl sometime before I get old and decrepit. I'm ready for another woman in the family. Way too many boys. I couldn't handle another boy. Too destructive, and mean, and they like to be messy. sad.gif

You're turning into your mother, you know. tongue.gif
Toby-Chan
Adoption is a nice thing.
edsgirl
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 17 2005, 07:35 PM) [snapback]330716[/snapback]

Fer chrissake, don't compare me to that woman. dry.gif
I feel sick now.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Dec 17 2005, 08:48 PM) [snapback]330744[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 17 2005, 07:35 PM) [snapback]330716[/snapback]

Fer chrissake, don't compare me to that woman. dry.gif
I feel sick now.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just remember you saying that your mother was desparate to have a daughter, so she adopted you, that's all.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Mrs. Edward Elric @ Dec 17 2005, 10:46 AM) [snapback]330587[/snapback]
who wouldn't want to have kids?

Well me for one.

Ever since I was a kid myself I knew I'd never wanted to have kids. I don't have even the slightest desire to breed at all, it's done to death really. I have plenty of nices and nephews for me to pass my wisdom into I don't need to have my own. Plus with the way the world is going I would be afraid to leave my children behind. We're overcorwded as is and with things going on such as the Bush administration and constant water shortages that don't look like there's an end in sight I couldn't leave my children here with a clear conscious.

But everybody and their dog will sure tell me (an adult) how I haaave to have keeeds!
Yeah, I'll look into to when I'm looking onto getting that hole in my head too, KTHXBYE. dry.gif

I don't feel I'm missing out on anything, I don't feel I'm an inmature person. I don't worry that no one will visit me when I'm old and I don't have a biological clock at all to speak of. I know couples who did not have kids and have perfectly happy marriages and lives.

Yes, everyone tell you that in order to be a grown up and mature person you have to make a sperm egg omlete and let cook for nine months well people that's simply not true. I hate how this world makes people think they need to have kids. People should only have them if they want them and want to raise a good human being otherwise they should stay out of the gene pool.
Smoke Alchemist
I want children. I could not stand kids at first until my sister had my 2 nieces. I feel like they are my own sometimes biggrin.gif I love them to death!

I would like a little boy if possible smile.gif ...Maybe another if 1 is not to much for me and whom ever I marry to handle.
animefreak_zzz
sure i'd like to have kids...and 2 would be the best..
cuz being the only child gets rather lonely sometimes..
having and even number allows them to take rides in amusement parks together..
hee..it's a little lame..
one older boy and one younger girl would be nice.. laugh.gif
Migchao
I would love too, I want to have a girl. I might adopt, I might give birth. I know I want a kid, dunno if I should adopt.
Popogeejo
Seriously whats with the mega bumps?

Personally I don't care right now about spawning more of me.Only time will tell...
Kitty Alchemist
I would love to have a boy. Just one, two or more too much to care of
Zarpia
I have no intention whatsoever to have a kid.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Zarpia @ Apr 27 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]387008[/snapback]

Gonna be an old spinster like Lori, eh? laugh.gif

Hey, where is Lori, anyway? Is she still grieving over her grandfather?
Ailuro
I'd like to have kids someday, yes. Don't know how great a mother I'd be, though. I've tried teaching young kids, and, well, that didn't work too well. tongue.gif
Zarpia
QUOTE(Void @ Apr 27 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]387010[/snapback]

QUOTE(Zarpia @ Apr 27 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]387008[/snapback]

Gonna be an old spinster like Lori, eh? laugh.gif

I sure will, I don't see anything wrong with that. tongue.gif
Chiyo
Count me in on spinstering.

Well, I may want kids someday, but right now I feel no urge to. More then anything I feel I would be to strict a mother.
Malcolm_X
I want kids someday, maybe a daughter tongue.gif
Chibka
I don't like kids. Most ppl babysit at my age, but I walk dogs. I don't think I'll have any, but if I do get a kid, It'll probably be adopted... laugh.gif
marmoura
QUOTE(Chibka @ Apr 28 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]387150[/snapback]

I don't like kids. Most ppl babysit at my age, but I walk dogs. I don't think I'll have any, but if I do get a kid, It'll probably be adopted... laugh.gif

BUT WHY
WHAT'S THE REASON THAT YOU HATE HAVING KIDS
i like kids so much and i want to have 2 kids
one girl and one boy
but i want that the girl be smaller then the boy so her brother protect her when she needs some help smile.gif
Popogeejo
I can't help but notice alot of people who want kids here want specific genders.Waht'll you do if you find out you or your partner is having the wrong gender baby?
RainDancer58
Never wanna have kids. Ever.
marmoura
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 28 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]387350[/snapback]

I can't help but notice alot of people who want kids here want specific genders.Waht'll you do if you find out you or your partner is having the wrong gender baby?

i don't know
when this happen i'll tell you what to do biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
you're annoying...
marmoura
but why?
what did i do? sad.gif
Chiyo
What he is trying to say is if you post make what you say longer, don't use caps lock etc.

I know full well I would prefer to have a girl but I also know I would have little choice. adly I think 'designer babies' will become a regular occurance so all the people who want a specific gender will have it.
Sharingan Serpent
...I really don't want to have kids...happy.gif;; I don't think I'd be a very good mother...
lustgirl1661
[quote][quote name='nakagos bunny' date='Dec 17 2005, 11:43 AM' post='330580']
Do you want to have children someday? (if you don't already.....)

I want to have at least one. Mostly because I just want someone to carry on my genes.XD I want a part of myself left in this world after I'm gone.

But I'd really like at least one of each gender.
[/quote]
smile.gif I want at least 2 kids

I want to have at least 2 kids smile.gif
winryrockbell1
not really if i do i might adopt who wants 2 go through the pain of givin birth
Chiyo
That is some siggy you've got there.

See my housemates are that one step further, they know what they are going to name their kids.
marmoura
QUOTE(Greeneyes Alchemist @ Apr 28 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]387464[/snapback]

...I really don't want to have kids...happy.gif;; I don't think I'd be a very good mother...

well i see that i'll be a good mother cause i like children and i know what they want and what they doesn't want
well i see that they will be so happy cause i am their mother (i think) laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
i'm just kidding but i really think that i'll be a good mother
Popogeejo
Your grammar makes me want to weep.
Migchao
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 29 2006, 10:09 AM) [snapback]387824[/snapback]

Your grammar makes me want to weep.

C'mon, and like you indent after you finish a paragraph, popogeejo. Don't critisize other people if you can't do something better. Poor mamoura..getting insulted for the way she types!
If I got a baby with a different gender, I would just go on and have it, I could have another shot for a girl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.