Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Mustang Vs Furher King Bradly Fight In Episode 50
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
gugclo

Who is gonna win, VOTE XD
wolfi1412
r u planning to use a poll???
I vote for.. ROY!!!!!!!!!!! reasons:
1. he's one of the main characters
2. for the sake of Roy and Riza's future together
3. he's kinda handsome...
4. a character that will cause a riot if he dies..
gugclo
But didnt you see episode 50? Hes getting OWNED
wolfi1412
nah, haven't seen it yet.. and don't spoil it!!
Beowulf
It's a crapshoot really...But I actually think that Roy is gonna kill the Fuhrer via killing himself in the process or something...I'm almost positive Riza will be there too...(Have yet to seen ep 50) If Roy dies he better die in the flashyess of all deaths. With some Roy/Rizaness mixed in!!! WAH!!!
wolfi1412
Beowulf! a RoyxRiza fan!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out our crazy 38 pages thread!!! and of course, with the photobucket album too!
gugclo
But if he dies DAMN, i mean ED already dies in episode 50
Chibi Viki
ofcourse i vote for roy for the bright future of amesteris *cough* for riza *cough*

but yeah, looking at some screenshots so far, roy looks like he's fighting a losing battle... even his subordinates in the north (havoc and others) look like they're fighting a losing battle. unless roy wins and turn the tide, they're doomed.
gugclo
Anyway want a raw torrent? (Un dubbed episode 50) Just im me on msn
AoiSora
QUOTE(gugclo @ Sep 26 2004, 06:48 AM)
But didnt you see episode 50? Hes getting OWNED

But But But....

Even so he just CAN'T DIE!!!!!

He and Hawkeye have to have atleast 3 kids (2 boys and a little girl that will have him wrapped around her little finger!) before he goes!
Queen of the dammed
And the girl's closet should only consist of miniskirts and Tube tops!!!!!!
MaesHughes33
it's gonna be an underdog win if anything... Of course Bradley is more powerful and definitely seems like he has the upperhand.... But Mustang will win, only becuase fans would riot if they found out that Roy died, and Maes Hughes death and work was all done for nothing.
RoyxRiza BigFan
simple all roy has to do is find a burning pot of sulphuric acid and dump furher in it, end story biggrin.gif
gugclo
But i still dont see anyway Roy can win.....
Kasumi
Roy won't die...He just can't!

Hm...Maybe someone will cause a distraction and then, snap and burn.
gugclo
But the furher is a homonculus, he CANT die o.o;;;;
Kasumi
Lust is a homunculus, she's dead...
RoyxRiza BigFan
dipping in hot lava or acid doesn't kill a homoculus?
Chibi Viki
maybe roy already knows about the array to seal the homunculous with... he had been looking through Sheska's notes and maybe, since he already knew bradley was a homunculous, he was smart enough to research on how to defeat them... but it's just me babbling...
RoyxRiza BigFan
roy must do a fatality on him cool.gif....don't know what fatality best although *thinks mortal kombat game*
Chibi Viki
no one to help him now... gambare, taisa!!!
gugclo
Or mabye not, i think the only way to kill homonculus's is to use that one werid array that Lust died to...otherwise its impossible
Kasumi
"There is no such thing as impossible" ~Greed

Hehe, couldn't resist. wink.gif
Beowulf
Er, the Flamel Cross array? And isn't it 'There is no such thing as no such things'?
gugclo
Hes gonna DIE MAWHAWMAWH -.-
Kasumi
It depends which translation you're reading. (Though I admit that "there is no such thing as no such thing" sounds a lot cooler.)
The_Lazy_Alchemist
Both quotes mean the same. Just different wording. "There is no such thing as there is no such thing" sounds better but makes much less sense to people that easily have their tongues tied.

Like Chibi Viki said, maybe the notes from Scheiska included the flamel. Then if he was smart enough, he could've researched the uses of the flamel. But if he did, he probably would've drawn the array already...And it doesn't work without the Pride's remains.

Anime Roy can't exactly do what manga Roy did to manga Lust. But maybe since Pride is the only aging homunculus, he might erode from Roy's flames? Long shot, but like it says above, "there is no such thing as there is no such thing".
Minamo
I don't see how Roy could win but he has so much going for him. It's all about the will to live and crap like that.
gugclo
But yea hes barely surviving o.o;;;
MaesHughes33
I know... Somehow, Selim goes to find his Daddy, and gets his way into the basement even tho the door was locked. And since the Fuherur is trying to act human and loving to his son, he breaks down for Roy. And Roy wins. lol
Chibi Viki
i don't think roy will stoop that low just to defeat him. after what he's done in ishbar, i think he'd be too traumatized to do such a thing especially in front of a child.
Queen of the dammed
Thanks to BONES, I bet something that we wouldn't expect to happen would happen, after all: 'Anything is possible unitl it is proven to be impossible'-Anomynous, and 'Everything is Relative'-Albert Einstein(The real ife Ed-alike)
Moira
Roy will win but he won't win on his own. King Bradley is sure to 'let' himself be killed for the sake of his family or something. Why else would they build up him having such a human relationship if it weren't to explain some non-homonculous actions later on? I'm not sure how it will come up but Roy needs a little something extra to beat Bradley and it might have to be Bradley himself that gives him that advantage.
hitokiri
ok i just have one point that i would like to add to the conversation. pride is not like the other homunculi, he ages. and from my own personal observations and train of thought i'm pretty sure the reason for not aging is the red stones.

so that either means he hasnt consumed them, or he consumed far less than the others. If he didnt consume them there would be no need for an array. If he did but just not alot of the stones i would assume that he could exhaust his supply like leto did with the ring.

thus i think it is completely feasible for roy to win, now as for whether or not it will cost him hiis life.... well thats a 50/50 shot. but really like to the image of an old ass flame alchemist in a old folk home muttern about things that start with "when i was your age..."
*cough cough* dante sez she designed him to age. all homunculus eat red stones which dante and hohenheim have said in one way or another.
Queen of the dammed
Actualy, she didin't design it, it 'just came to be' tongue.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
i rather the scenario that furher has apparently the upper hand but roy pulls off an incredibly risky but intelligent move to do a max out fatality on the poor general and end this story @W@
Merlin the Tuna
Well, the little kid has the key to the Furher's safe, yes? And he "entrusted his life" to Selim by giving him the key, yes? And the safe looks EXACTLY like the one that Greed's skull was in, yes?

Logically, we assume that that has the Furher's skull in it. And they'd better not be showing stuff like that if it doesn't come into play.

My thoughts are, with the explosion happening, the kid comes to investigate, sees daddy fighting with someone Hawkeye said was trying to kill him, remembers the "entrusting my life" speech and fetches the skull, thinking it will be of use to his father somehow, or that he can bargain for his life. Bradley becomes paralyzed, and Mustang vaporizes him.

Then again, Mustang is sorta giving me a Spike Spiegal feel at this point, so he might very well bite the dust... He better not, though.
RoyxRiza BigFan
damn..if i could only draw a certain scene to for roy to kill furher off..if not for my drawing... mad.gif
Aqua_Alchemist
hmmm, Roy vs. the Furher. I have a feeling he is going to die, but I have a feeling that probably EoE style most of the main characters will die, and then will be revived somehow, probably from beyond the gate.

As for Roy beating the furher, if he were to stand a chance, he'd have to do something to that eye, get that toy train in there tongue.gif.
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Sep 27 2004, 01:24 PM)
ok i just have one point that i would like to add to the conversation. pride is not like the other homunculi, he ages. and from my own personal observations and train of thought i'm pretty sure the reason for not aging is the red stones.

so that either means he hasnt consumed them, or he consumed far less than the others. If he didnt consume them there would be no need for an array. If he did but just not alot of the stones i would assume that he could exhaust his supply like leto did with the ring.

thus i think it is completely feasible for roy to win, now as for whether or not it will cost him hiis life.... well thats a 50/50 shot. but really like to the image of an old ass flame alchemist in a old folk home muttern about things that start with "when i was your age..."

all the homunculi need to eat the red stones to become powerful... so it is very unlikely that bradley didn't eat any.

accdg. to the manga, bradley is the only homunculous who ages since that's how he was designed to be...

ok, just reviewed ep 44 to get this post right... remember when roy and hohenheim were talking about homunculous and bradley? well, apparently, the homunculi, having eaten the red stones, also have the ability to change their appearances as if aging. in their first form of life (before eating red stones), they have no particular form... only after eating them would they be able to gain their shape. perhaps the reason why he's the only one who looks old is because the other homunculi chose not to change their appearance any further.

so this explains bradley's aging in the anime.

but if the homunculous would start with no form in particular, how would they explain wrath since he already had a human body when ed, al and izumi found him?
RoyxRiza BigFan
but in the manga..there is no such ever thing as this red stones yesh? @W@
Shinigami
Well since archers coming to the furhers rescue it's going to be Roy+hawkeye vs The furher+Archer. I think that hawkeye with find the body of the furher and then roy will finish them both something along those lines.
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 27 2004, 04:54 PM)
all the homunculi need to eat the red stones to become powerful... so it is very unlikely that bradley didn't eat any.

accdg. to the manga, bradley is the only homunculous who ages since that's how he was designed to be...

ok, just reviewed ep 44 to get this post right... remember when roy and hohenheim were talking about homunculous and bradley? well, apparently, the homunculi, having eaten the red stones, also have the ability to change their appearances as if aging. in their first form of life (before eating red stones), they have no particular form... only after eating them would they be able to gain their shape. perhaps the reason why he's the only one who looks old is because the other homunculi chose not to change their appearance any further.

so this explains bradley's aging in the anime.

but if the homunculous would start with no form in particular, how would they explain wrath since he already had a human body when ed, al and izumi found him?

The manga's Bradley is different in how he was construed (I don't mean constructed).

While manga Bradley was made as a homunculus intentionally as Wrath, homunculus in the manga are basically artificial human constructs.

However, in the anime, they constantly say that homunculus are the results of human transmutation that have eaten red stones. So there is no doubt to them eating red stones. Hohenheim says that when they eat the stones, day by day they change their appearance until they become human in appearance. Dante says that Bradley's aging was an unexpected result (and hence a valuable surprise) of her transmutation. So according to Dante's speech, homunculus do not age and only Bradley does.

So the criteria for anime homunculus is that they must have eaten red stones.

Anime's Wrath is supposedly different because Izumi used his original body as part of the ingredients to be transmuted.
Chibi Viki
i hate it when bones try to fit the facts into their inconsistencies.

EDIT: already what hohenheim said contradicts dante's words. i don't think hohenheim wouldn't know so much about the homunculi as dante.
RolfKaese
its okay that you said spoiler, but dont choose topic names with already discover spoilers ^^U
Chibi Viki
Eh? just for the record, I changed the topic title because bryantq requested that all topics with spoilers be tagged for future newbies.

*whispers to rolfie* check the admi forums
Queen of the dammed
Heck, this is BONES, so I think they're gonna do another WTF senario...
cirle
If you didn't know Roy is the english version of the word "roi", which in French means "king". So perhaps that is foreshadowing as to the next ruler of "this country".

How to stop Archer or why they need Riza are sitll up in the air, but I guess someone gets the key from Selim and the body part (eye?? hehehe) gets to the Fuhrer where Sensai (who knows the Flamel seal) can waste Pride. Considering they needed a car to go from Central HQ to casa-Pride I have no clue how Archer/Sensai can get there unless the Pride/Roy battle is long.

I'm pretty sure either Riza or the Sensai dies, the question is will they all get to the secret city where the Sensai can stop Wrath or will the action take part above and below casa-Pride.

I'm not sure how they can finish this aspect of the storyline in one episode, but I stand waiting for the Vader-like scene where the Fuhrer cuts of Roy's right arm and tells him that he is his father.
Chibi Viki
LOL.. laugh.gif

i see you've read through the ep 51 spoilers thread. one thing is for sure... fullmetal robo-archer must DIE!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.