Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 39 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
TheVileOne
The Fullmetal Alchemist episode discussion renaissance CONTINUES, with tonight's episode being episode 39.

Ed and Al now with Marta are on the move again. Sooner than later, the paths of the Elric and Scar will cross. What will happen? Winry's seen that Sloth, the homunculi, resembles that of Ed and Al's mother. Al seems weary of this person as well.

Remember, homunculi are created from the failed attempts of human transmutation...and what were Ed and Al doing in the first episode of this series? I think you guys should know by now who/what Sloth is.
Dreakon
Funky, can't wait! smile.gif
Jen_Elric
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Dec 10 2005, 02:08 AM) [snapback]327289[/snapback]

Remember, homunculi are created from the failed attempts of human transmutation...and what were Ed and Al doing in the first episode of this series? I think you guys should know by now who/what Sloth is.

Gee, Vile One. I don't know!! LOL!! Of course I know!! Very obvious, and I read the summaries a while back.

Can't wait to see this episode!!
The Fuzzy Alchemist
come on I can wait anymore, I have to wait 5 hours more
Full Metal Elf
O_O.....This episode is an important one!! Ball starts rolling here...

[spoiler]Wow!! A lot happens in this episode...then every single one following it is like boom...boom..boom..end T_T....the craziness begins!!! hehehe[/spoiler]
TheFlameAlchemist
34 min to go 0_o CANT WAIT!
Tombow
*Joining the countdown..*

10 more minutes to go!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
ack! i'm sqealing with exitment!! XD 9 more mins. why does time go slow when you want it to go fast but fast when you don't T_T
Tombow
Gahh!! Archer and Kimblee!!
Terrible combinaion!!

Mustang, please heed my advice and burn them NOW!! laugh.gif
TheFlameAlchemist
NOT GOOD! I LOST MY REMOTE CONTROL WTF! AHHHHHHHHHH!
theothersin
I still have one hour and fourty-eight minutes. I'll just keep watching movies and hopefully I won't die of suspense, if I stay awake that long. -is sick and tired-....I need to see it! -goes to make milkshakes- I'll be back!
Wyrd_Raven
I get a feeling that a boot to the face is going to be the next owned animation laugh.gif
TheFlameAlchemist
THANK GOD FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTES laugh.gif !
Tombow
QUOTE(theothersin @ Dec 10 2005, 11:15 PM) [snapback]327766[/snapback]

I still have one hour and fourty-eight minutes. I'll just keep watching movies and hopefully I won't die of suspense, if I stay awake that long. -is sick and tired-....I need to see it! -goes to make milkshakes- I'll be back!

Ok, I will use spoilers till then.
I hope others would do the same...

[spoiler]Awww, Ed in disguise is cute!![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oh,no!! clifhunger!![/spoiler]
Wyrd_Raven
What I wonder is...
[spoiler]what the hell is Archer planning by having Tucker tweak the silver watches, will it be a trap of admiral ackbar proportions?[/spoiler]
ed's numbuh 1 fan
ahh i know i hate cliffies!! it makes me sad T_T
and now for the epi...

i just watched the epi, so many secrets! i wonder what shou is going to do with Edo's watch wink.gif? what is Scar planning to do to Liore!? and we've leaned something today! Archer and Kimbley are sadistic nutcases! although hopefully everybody knows that already ^^ and for the sake of my inner fangirl may i just say the Edo looked absolutly C.U.T.E in that desgise! laugh.gif
Singhay
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Dec 10 2005, 11:37 PM) [snapback]327781[/snapback]

What I wonder is...
[spoiler]what the hell is Archer planning by having Tucker tweak the silver watches, will it be a trap of admiral ackbar proportions?[/spoiler]

Think back to the Ishbal War and Archer used the word, i think, "Amplify" the watches.

I really enjoy the Dubbed version, you get a better understanding when you watch it on your TV and not having to read subs.

BTW: Anyone notice Ed's hair? Tell me, does his side burn turn into his bangs? OR is his side burns part of the longer pony tail that becomes the braids. I'm growing my hair out and I wanna know.
Sikiu-San
geeze @_@ so much info. all of the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together ph34r.gif Archer.. evertime i see his face it makes me sick Dx war hungray monster. kimbley is back ^O^ marta launched her attack. really bought she will last =/ *sobs* ed had run into scar who has made a huge transmutaion circle around the city and rose is the holy mother =O! poor mustange has his hands full with archer, kimbley, scar and trying to find out how killed hughes @_x Al is kind of in the middleof everything >>; this is why we need machines to speed up time xD i hate it when when there are back to back cliffies. the suppense kills me Dx *pokes at days left* xD none the less very good episode.
TheFlameAlchemist
WOW, this ep is kule, first we got martel's revenge raqging, then Scar trying to make the stone, Then archer and kimblee (the bastards), Then Ed going to liore to scout, then OH NOES! ITS ROSE!, and then Scar sees Ed and Holy Crap I Must be Rambling!

P.S. Kill him martel, Kill the bastard! tongue.gif
Tombow
Wow!! Everything is moving so fast now!!
Need to take a deep breath to porcess all the new revelations we got in this episode!!

Anyway, exciting and cool episode!!
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Singhay @ Dec 11 2005, 12:41 AM) [snapback]327783[/snapback]

Think back to the Ishbal War and Archer used the word, i think, "Amplify" the watches.

I really enjoy the Dubbed version, you get a better understanding when you watch it on your TV and not having to read subs.

BTW: Anyone notice Ed's hair? Tell me, does his side burn turn into his bangs? OR is his side burns part of the longer pony tail that becomes the braids. I'm growing my hair out and I wanna know.

Oh frell me, don't tell me,
[spoiler]a Marcoh specialty which since Archer has read the reports and has info from Tucker means sacrifices >_<[/spoiler]
Yes the ears work better when not overly fighting the eyes laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
O_O....the dubbing was GREAT! This episode has always been a great one...I was impressed with the dubbed happy.gif. The next episode is also a great one...........something big.....shhh............wink.gif.........cliffhanger!! AH!
DustStorm
This was a great episode. Can't wait till next week. Yay, Martel!!!!! Kill Kimblee!!

Tombow
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Dec 11 2005, 12:36 AM) [snapback]327856[/snapback]

This was a great episode. Can't wait till next week. Yay, Martel!!!!! Kill Kimblee!!

I second that!! happy.gif
The Fuzzy Alchemist
2 Minutes EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IT'S STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tombow
Watching the second time, in case I missed something the first time. happy.gif

I love Marta/Martel!! smile.gif
theothersin
The epi just ended for me! -hands out milkshakes mentioned earlier- It was....awsome to say the least! I can't wait for next week.

Martel was awsome, but poor Al...he's going to have alot of trouble getting her food. Did the hair in Ed's disguise remind anyone of Wrath? Seeing Tucker helping the milatary was a huge suprise, so was Ed going to Archer instead of Mustang. I thought he would of at least fought him before going to Archer.
Did anyone notice the dude at the stand? Not only was it was the same guy, but Ed was also drinking the same drink from the first epi.
I'm going to watch the second showing later to see if I missed anything.
anonymouse
Damn, I think Marta's going to die. I wonder what Al would do in respone. Could Kimblee really hurt Al with his abilities? He seems to need organic matter to work with.
Sleeping Forest
...when kimblee took off his mask, i was like, 'yay! kimblee!'...

but then roy was so pissed that i was like, 'um, oh no it's kimblee?'
Jen_Elric
Wow! So much to work through my head!! Great episode, though! ^^
Yay! Ed in disguise!!
Oh no! Martel is going to attack Kimbley and he doesn't look surprised/worried!
Rose is the Holy Mother!! More info on THAT later. Hehe
And more other stuff!!! Gah!! Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Ed freaked out about being called short. I missed that.
Ed_Elric_Fan
Wow... really great episode! And I hate cliffies!! mad.gif But the boot-in-face was funny, I hope Marta kills Kimbley. Ed looked cute in disguise, but he looked a bit too much like Wrath, ugh!
Nepharski
Brilliant episode. A backstory, plot complication, and a cliff hanger.

Compared to the mildly cheesy flavor of last weeks episode, this one is much improved. Despite what they did, I feel sorry for Martel and her comrades.

And did anyone notice at the end? Gluttony said, "Pride told us what to do."

He's almost here folks. biggrin.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
GrrrEAT! episode! Ed looks soo CUTE in his new disguise, hehe happy.gif but he reminds me of wrath, sadly thats not right....and how in the world is rose the "holy mother" or w/e she is? did she do something to be in that position-(holy mother)?....CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! yay! lol
TheFlameAlchemist

Ed looks so cute in his new disguise, hehe happy.gif but he reminds me of wrath

Ed did kind of look wrathish in his disguise. I say again KILL HIM MARTEL laugh.gif !
Watching it for the 5th time, martel rocks hard. she, in my opinion, kinda owns this ep. but thats just me.
And alot of ppl are gonna bash Roy for not telling Ed about Liore, but i think if he had told Ed, Ed would have gone beserk and probobly would have rushed back to Liore and made things worse IMO. very suspensful ep. AND DANGIT, ITS A CLIFFHANGER GAH!
Can't wait to see the next one.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Dec 11 2005, 04:56 PM) [snapback]328137[/snapback]

....and how in the world is rose the "holy mother" or w/e she is? did she do something to be in that position-(holy mother)?....CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! yay! lol

oh, oh, oh, i know it, i know iiiiiiiit!!! buuuut you'll just have to see in the next epi tongue.gif

why is it that when i like a bad guy, i always learn something about them then i hate their guts laugh.gif ;; but i think i only liked kimbly because he was the only other (exept Hoho i belive) that had gold eyes wub.gif

[spoiler] i can't wait for Edward to go "undercover" again! alot of EdxWin fans will be happy tongue.gif [/spoiler]
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(ed @ Dec 11 2005, 06:44 PM) [snapback]328202[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Dec 11 2005, 04:56 PM) [snapback]328137[/snapback]

....and how in the world is rose the "holy mother" or w/e she is? did she do something to be in that position-(holy mother)?....CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! yay! lol

oh, oh, oh, i know it, i know iiiiiiiit!!! buuuut you'll just have to see in the next epi tongue.gif

why is it that when i like a bad guy, i always learn something about them then i hate their guts laugh.gif ;; but i think i only liked kimbly because he was the only other (exept Hoho i belive) that had gold eyes wub.gif

[spoiler] i can't wait for Edward to go "undercover" again! alot of EdxWin fans will be happy tongue.gif [/spoiler]

darn it! now i REALLY cant wait for the next episode!
Sydney
Feh, I'll just go ahead and say I'm a long-time viewer of the boards, won't go into the intermediate area of "semi"; uh, yeah, anyway, long-time viewer, first-time poster...o.k. technically, 2nd post, but this is the first post in an episode talkback thread for me. (May go back to past episode talkbacks just to put in my 2 cents of opinion and info....)

Another awesome episode of FMA, and isn't it cool how many of those there really are? My favorite thing about this latest ep. and of course what I considered the best was the ending; with the accompanying music and the way the scenes were arranged, a complete and total cliffhanger atmosphere was achieved, leaving me practically leaning on the edge of my bed and bouncing around the walls afterwards (content of ending as I saw it: Ed realizing that the Holy Mother's Rose, his reaction very telling of his concern for her; Martel jumping into a super-cool attack on Kimbley--I found her blurry actions excellently animated, and hoping she gets Kimbley, although Al may have to help her in the end; delectable mentions of Pride from Lust and Gluttony, and Gluttony again when he surprisingly sets an effective mood of foreboding and surprise for when Ed and Scar pretty much run into each other, all with that single phrase said while the action is seen, "I smell the Beast of Ishbal...." (Uh, maybe not a perfect quotation, but the gist of what Gluttony was saying; and I just loved the way pleasant chills went down my spine as Gluttony had called Scar the "Beast of Ishbal"; pleasant chills resulting from the way Gluttony called him that, and when I realized that it was a very appropriate and interesting nickname for Scar.)

Speaking of Scar, since he is one of my #1 favorites, the preview for next episode really caught my interest. (Maybe we'll finally get Scar's real name, and the name of his older brother, and the name of his older brother's lover who ends up becoming Lust--actually, I'll just be satsified with just the last 2 names, on account of it would make things simpler in my opinion. Then again, there may actually be more weighty significance if we never get the names of those lovers...but then again, I think I would prefer simple.

Good to see Roah and Dorchette again, even if it was only in a flashback. (Gah, I know I just butchered their names! Well, I'm referring to Martel's friends who were killed by Gluttony in ep. 34.... *shudder* Greed....)

More on the flashback, anyone else saw Dr. Marcoh in the crowd of scientists watching Martel, Roah, and Dorchette as they were marched into Lab 5? I was pretty sure it was him, and I wonder if we'll be seeing him again soon.... (I found his angst fun to watch. Then again, I enjoy any good form of angst...god, that sounded just a little disturbed and sadistic there....)

And Kimbley and Archer...kudos to the creation of deliciously creepy villains that I can't really adore on a fangirl level. (It's always good for a show to have some villains just for hating.) Kimbley just always rather freaked me out, and was overshadowed by other characters I liked, and when he betrayed Greed, another of my #1 favorite FMA characters...well, thus my dislike. (But again, glad to have him; provides good conflict.) And Archer...well, with Archer, I passionately hated him, but then I realized that was only because he was replacing Hughes' military position, and I thought that wasn't fair at all, so I decided to clear the slate and really give him a chance and get to know him...and Archer just scared the hell out of me. I'm serious, he's the scariest character on the show to me right now, way scarier than Kimbley, and I don't even quite know why, and that could be adding more to the fear factor; there's just something wrong about Archer that really makes me wary....
anonymouse
I liked the way Scar put his hand on Ed's shoulder. It seemed so unaggressive, as if he was telling Ed with his eyes, "Don't make a scene, now. We'll talk later."

I also like the developing rivalry between Mustang and Archer. I have a feeling that that's going to come to a head, eventually. I wonder if Archer also fancies himself as being "the next Fuhrer."
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sydney @ Dec 11 2005, 05:24 PM) [snapback]328249[/snapback]
I'm serious, he's the scariest character on the show to me right now, way scarier than Kimbley, and I don't even quite know why, and that could be adding more to the fear factor; there's just something wrong about Archer that really makes me wary....

Scary?

Archer has not yet begun to be scary.

I'm so happy I pick to host the next episode. I can scarcely wait.
The Thunder Alchemist
"The Midnight Cry of the Chimera" is the only FMA ep I have missed, so often don't feel the fierce anti-Tucker comments. Still, that look on his face when he saw Ed's little inscription on his watch made me truly hate him the [censored for content].

I wonder if the "amplification treatment" involved Marco's cherry jello stone, and if it does (which I think it does) where are they getting it from?

Man, I can not wait for the next ep; this ep has the biggest cliffhanger of any FMA ep I can remember.

PS: This is a public service announcement: if you have a signature/avatar featuring the seven sins PLZ remove it- they spoil the identity of Pride (and I speak from experience on this)!
Nepharski
The only one's I've missed are the Alchemy Exam (Episode 5) and Created Human (Episode 22).
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Dec 11 2005, 07:42 PM) [snapback]328224[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Dec 11 2005, 06:44 PM) [snapback]328202[/snapback]

darn it! now i REALLY cant wait for the next episode!

muwahahaha

QUOTE(Sydney @ Dec 11 2005, 08:24 PM) [snapback]328249[/snapback]

And Kimbley and Archer...kudos to the creation of deliciously creepy villains that I can't really adore on a fangirl level. (It's always good for a show to have some villains just for hating.) Kimbley just always rather freaked me out, and was overshadowed by other characters I liked, and when he betrayed Greed, another of my #1 favorite FMA characters...well, thus my dislike. (But again, glad to have him; provides good conflict.) And Archer...well, with Archer, I passionately hated him, but then I realized that was only because he was replacing Hughes' military position, and I thought that wasn't fair at all, so I decided to clear the slate and really give him a chance and get to know him...and Archer just scared the hell out of me. I'm serious, he's the scariest character on the show to me right now, way scarier than Kimbley, and I don't even quite know why, and that could be adding more to the fear factor; there's just something wrong about Archer that really makes me wary....

Archer scary? wait till a couple more epi's wink.gif and that was.... a very long review of it laugh.gif

Katrina Forest
Sheesh, this episode explained a lot. I have actually seen the entire series, but as I'm re-watching it, I realize how much I've forgotten, not the least of which was how the chimeras could be in Lab 5 for so long and not age. The time frame is hard to keep track of.

One things still puzzles me though... as far as I can tell, Martel is the only chimera with a transmutation mark on her body. Very odd...
TheVileOne
To people who are doing the next episodes, I set it up for you, so take the ball and run with it.
Nepharski
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Dec 12 2005, 01:18 PM) [snapback]328553[/snapback]

To people who are doing the next episodes, I set it up for you, so take the ball and run with it.

I'm going to pitch the ball this Friday.
Sydney
To Nepharski and ed's numbuh 1 fan's warnings of Archer really becoming scary in the future, thanks for that intriguing bit of info, though now I'm even more worried...which is a good thing, I think. (ed's numbuh 1 fan...yeah, I made a long review, didn't I?... I guess I just tend to babble, and I have a lot to say about FMA.)

To the question Katrina Frost posted, I never considered that Martel's tatoo could be a transmutation mark (I'm pretty sure she was referring to Martel's huge and conspicuous tatoo....) I just thought it was a normal tatoo, but it would make sense if that was a transmutation mark. And if it was, I could rationalize why we didn't see any of the other human chimeras' transmuation marks, maybe they wanted to hide them.

Also, to anonymouse, very good idea that Archer's aiming to be Fuhrer too; Mustang would then have a nice paralleled struggle for that top dog position.
Irice
I didn't understand the part with Tucker and the pocketwatches, what was Archer planning? (Come on, you CAN'T trust a guy with skin that pale!)
And, Kimblee, scary? I know Archer is scary (if you think he is really scary now, wait until a few more episodes *large grin*) but why Kimblee? Is it the way he acts? Is it his dubbed voice actor? Is it his eyes? Is it his facial expressions? is it because he's so calm during scary situations?
PS. Anybody know that tune that Kimblee was humming? It sounds familiar..

One things still puzzles me though... as far as I can tell, Martel is the only chimera with a transmutation mark on her body. Very odd...

That tattoo on Martel's neck and shoulder's a transmutation circle? I never noticed that, maybe the other chimeras have the same tattoo, but on a different place, where it's not visible.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Irice @ Dec 13 2005, 01:34 AM) [snapback]328858[/snapback]

I didn't understand the part with Tucker and the pocketwatches, what was Archer planning? (Come on, you CAN'T trust a guy with skin that pale!)
And, Kimblee, scary? I know Archer is scary (if you think he is really scary now, wait until a few more episodes *large grin*) but why Kimblee? Is it the way he acts? Is it his dubbed voice actor? Is it his eyes? Is it his facial expressions? is it because he's so calm during scary situations?
PS. Anybody know that tune that Kimblee was humming? It sounds familiar..

I have a feeling that is Beethoven's "Ode to Joy"
Katrina Forest
That tattoo on Martel's neck and shoulder's a transmutation circle? I never noticed that, maybe the other chimeras have the same tattoo, but on a different place, where it's not visible.

*nods* If you re-watch the episode, she doesn't have it while she's human, but after the flashback scene where they show what animal each of the chimeras is merged with, it appears on her body. It's not a full transmutation circle, but it looks like part of one. Maybe the other chimeras do have it on them somewhere, but then again, maybe Tucker, being Tucker, decided, "Hey, I wonder what happens if I draw part of the transmutation circle on the actual person??" It's not out of his character to do something for no reason other than to see what would happen.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Irice @ Dec 12 2005, 10:34 PM) [snapback]328858[/snapback]

We've seen Kimblee preform unspeakable acts without a hint of regret, and occasionally even joy (See Episode 15). People like that are inherently scary. We know what they've done, and we know they'd do it again in an instant, you just never know when. Like a ticking time bomb.

QUOTE(Irice @ Dec 12 2005, 10:34 PM) [snapback]328858[/snapback]

Personally, I think it's just a mistake. They're not going to make a perfect transmutation every single time. Law and Dorochet probably had them too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.