Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linkin Park
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 20 2005, 09:15 PM) [snapback]332008[/snapback]

To say that I only listen to 'heavy stuff' is pretty insulting.

So sorry rolleyes.gif Just didn't want to say metal or something and be polictically incorrect.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 21 2005, 03:44 PM) [snapback]332182[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 20 2005, 09:15 PM) [snapback]332008[/snapback]

To say that I only listen to 'heavy stuff' is pretty insulting.

So sorry rolleyes.gif Just didn't want to say metal or something and be polictically incorrect.

Come on now, you know that's far from all I listen to.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Hmmm.......I wonder what happened to the title of this thread.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 21 2005, 05:04 PM) [snapback]332236[/snapback]

Okay then Bacon, you have incredible and eclectic musical tastes that all of the losers who think Linkin Park are gods couldn't understand tongue.gif

QUOTE(Envy @ Dec 21 2005, 05:09 PM) [snapback]332239[/snapback]

Hmmm.......I wonder what happened to the title of this thread.

Oh, so it wasn't always like this...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 21 2005, 06:18 PM) [snapback]332243[/snapback]

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 21 2005, 05:04 PM) [snapback]332236[/snapback]

Okay then Bacon, you have incredible and eclectic musical tastes that all of the losers who think Linkin Park are gods couldn't understand tongue.gif

THANK YOU! Now, was that so hard?! tongue.gif laugh.gif
Slice Fury
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 20 2005, 09:05 PM) [snapback]331999[/snapback]

Don't misunderstand, I'm just trying to promote one band at the expense of another. tongue.gif

Plus, I think enjoying Linkin Park is something people will ultimately grow out of. We all go through our stages of liking crappy manufactured music. I wasn't born listening to Mercyful Fate, either. But as I grew older and discovered better stuff to listen to, I inevitably lost interest in the crap I liked before. smile.gif

He's doing that thing agaaain . . . happy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Who's 'she'?
Celestial Shadow
I think he means you mellow.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I'm a she now? blink.gif
Slashrose1010
You got legs like a 'she'. wink.gif
Kyros
wtf? I doesn't sound right Slash >.>
Slice Fury
AGH! ohmy.gif SORRY!! < eep >
Carnal Malefactor
rolleyes.gif

dumbass kids..
Swift Shockwave Alchemist
I made an FMA music video of Hit The Floor by LP, BD
andyface
wow this seems to be a discussion on how to spell linkin park
anyway i don't care what any of you think about them, or even me for that matter, i like linkin park! they do a good bit of emo (and before anyone tries to shout me down i gather emo to be short for emotional therefore any music which provokes some form of emotion is emo, which essentially is every bit of music, whether it's the emotion of pure hatred for the music or wanting to dance, but that's not the point) type music. And i can easily redeem myself with the other music i listen to (from decent electronica to exceptionally well made acousticy type stuff)
well that's that also if you like linkin park and haven't already heard of fort minor go find it (it's mike shinoda's (rapper dude) solo stuff)
have fun
Le Monkey
Why must you keep reviving dead topics? they are dead for a reason.. dry.gif
andyface
hahahaha oops, kill me now! i forget to read the last post date! anyway why don't dead topics just dissapear after a set time? and i'm sure you're following me around, hehehe
Chiyo
Welcome to the world of a forum

Anyway Linkin Park came around before I had heard this new craze of emo, so they fit into the genre, they didn't start out that way.
kahel16
Linkin Park is okay, but I don't think I can take a day of listening to Linkin Park. I'll be deaf.
Ice Blizzard
Why do people hate linkin park so much? Their music isnt that bad, i actually like it
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ May 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]396369[/snapback]

Why do people hate linkin park so much? Their music isnt that bad

Yah, it is bad.
Ice Blizzard
QUOTE(Void @ May 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]396371[/snapback]

Yah, it is bad.

I dont get how its so bad...Explain?
Carnal Malefactor
It's simplistic, juvenile and insincere. Guys in their 30s don't write lyrics like that.

I'm a musician, so I know these things.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Ice Blizzard @ May 17 2006, 02:16 AM) [snapback]396373[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ May 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]396371[/snapback]

Yah, it is bad.

I dont get how its so bad...Explain?

Thats easy, either pay attention to what Void said above....or just know everyone has their own opinions.
MeLRizA
True.. somehow i found their lyrics meaningless.. i was fond of them for a short time because their songs are quite cool (im so stupid) and soon got tired of them.. most of their songs just wreck your eardrums..
blackcat
QUOTE(FMA JPD @ May 17 2005, 06:53 AM) [snapback]173955[/snapback]

I think Linkoln Park is one of the best. I've still got "Numb" stuck in my head.

linkin park rocks,i luv there songs
phoenix dying
QUOTE(blackcat @ May 17 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]396603[/snapback]

QUOTE(FMA JPD @ May 17 2005, 06:53 AM) [snapback]173955[/snapback]

I think Linkoln Park is one of the best. I've still got "Numb" stuck in my head.

linkin park rocks,i luv there songs

Please use correct grammer here, no freaking aim lingo... dry.gif

Linkin Park is the kinda band that want-to-be 'rebellious' rich white children listen to...get rid of that shit.
edward_elric_240989
yeah rebellion rocks and yes i love linkin park
yoko0217
QUOTE(edward_elric_240989 @ May 19 2006, 05:58 AM) [snapback]397689[/snapback]

yeah rebellion rocks and yes i love linkin park

I don't like them that much...

Green Day and Evanescence are better than LP anyways tongue.gif
Galorfilinde
All songs of Linkin Park are the same. First, there's a part of singing. Then, a part of rapping. And after that is the chorus. And there's always a bridge, which is also sung. The songs are just too predictable. Don't know about the lyrics, and don't care.
EnvyGirl85
I like Linkin Park. My favorite songs are Figure 09, Breaking The Habit, Numb, In The End and My December.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Their songs aren't that bad, but most of their songs are repetitive. Hate their lead singer though.
Wrath V
I still love most of their lyrics, don't matter what the other people says... I decide who I want to hear, who I want to hate and that... but of course I know how to respect the others opinions.
Miyuki-chan
QUOTE(Foolio @ May 17 2005, 06:53 PM) [snapback]174401[/snapback]

ha nice!

although their music isnt that great, that video for Pts.Of.Athrty kicks ass

you bet it does....it's soooo cool!!! since I'm Grade one I've been addicted to their songs it's really cool! laugh.gif
Chiyo
I think if we did an 'average age of the Linkin Park fan' you would notice most grow out of them after 15 or 16.
Kyros
Almost every song by this band sounds too alike, which is why I stopped listening to them along with Disturbed and System of a Down. The only thing between those three though is that I can actually listen to Disturbed/SoaD every now and then as long as it's for a short time cuz they have some decent stuff.
Untitled
Well, no matter.. I still like In The End and you guys cant change that! tongue.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Untitled @ Aug 29 2006, 06:42 AM) [snapback]438511[/snapback]

Well, no matter.. I still like In The End and you guys cant change that! tongue.gif

Can't change it...did you want us to or something? LOL If you like it by all means listen...I will be in the corner with my ear plugs biggrin.gif
Untitled
Oh is that so? laugh.gif I shall turn it on so loud the whole world could hear!
I'm not such a big big fan.. My classmate is.. She's.. Uhm.. How do I put it nicely.. Devoted to Linkin Park.. Dunno why.
I meant no matter what you say, you cant make me not like it! But actually I'm getting sick of it laugh.gif
Roy Jr.
I'm not a fan of Linkin park but.......
You people are the total opposite of fanatics.
I don't get it, why do you guys hate it sooooo much? (Don't tell me to refer to replies in this thread. I want a clear personal answer from you.)
I mean, some of the songs have significance in them right? And why would people give Linkin Park with various awards if their band sucks right?

God I'm really confused. dry.gif
Chiyo
I think Roy, its because people are so devoted to this band, when really they are nothing special. By that I mean it wouldn't be too hard to find a band of the same sound with the same 'oh poor little me' lyrics. Bands with unique talent go unnoticed by the majority because they are happy to listen to bands like Linkin Park.
mini manga artist
linkin park is the best!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(mini manga artist @ Aug 31 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]439479[/snapback]

linkin park is the best!

Go cut yourself. rolleyes.gif
Roy Jr.
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Aug 31 2006, 04:40 AM) [snapback]439392[/snapback]

I think Roy, its because people are so devoted to this band, when really they are nothing special. By that I mean it wouldn't be too hard to find a band of the same sound with the same 'oh poor little me' lyrics. Bands with unique talent go unnoticed by the majority because they are happy to listen to bands like Linkin Park.

So that's it? Oh... yeah, I guess. sad.gif

QUOTE(Void @ Aug 31 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]439487[/snapback]

QUOTE(mini manga artist @ Aug 31 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]439479[/snapback]

linkin park is the best!

Go cut yourself. rolleyes.gif

I understand your contempt for this band... finally.sleep.gif
Miss Sweet
Meh, I'm not crazy for Linkin Park either... I prefer MCR or System of A Down over them any day. ^^
The Lightnig Emperor
blink.gif linkin park is cool.. i like there song crawling and points of authority..kick ass song.. laugh.gif
Migchao
I HATE them. The lead singer sounds like an emo smoker or something. You hear his screaming? I wanted to tear my eardrums out.

They suck.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Roy Jr. @ Sep 2 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]440234[/snapback]

I understand your contempt for this band... finally.sleep.gif

Finaly.. Oo..
Bacon first exspressed his dislike for the band on 17th May 2005.

Anyways, I didnt like Linkin park that much, could be a hell of allot worse, but still not worth paying money for, laugh.gif..

Ever...
Amol
you know linkin park is like for only kids those who like smashing the instrument and screaming and ....
i found only a couple of songs good.( Numb , some where i belong, and a few more )
i have around 4 of their albums cos my friends told me they are really great .... but i kinda dint really like them that much.... sad.gif

After lissening to a couple of songs i found them preety useless.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Amol @ Oct 18 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]461782[/snapback]

i have around 4 of their albums cos my friends told me they are really great .... but i kinda dint really like them that much.... sad.gif

After lissening to a couple of songs i found them preety useless.

May I ask, why did you buy thier albums when you didnt like them?
God damn peer pressure.. ><
Stand up for yourself!
Tell them that there crappy! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.