Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Their Tradition
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
Sword Alchemist
Disclaimer: I don’t own Fullmetal Alchemist.

A/N: This fic mentions the menstrual cycle and personal woman items. You’ve been warned.

Their Tradition

2nd Lieutenant Maria Ross absolutely hated this time of the month. She was very irritable, was uncomfortable from the cramps and felt very unattractive because of the bloating. The worst part was that this was only the first day. She still had another four days to go.

Usually it was Sergeant Denny Bloch who caught the full force of Maria’s mood swings. He didn’t mind though. He loved being able to make her feel better during this frustrating time by holding her close when she cried for no reason and massaging her lower abdomen to relieve the cramping.

“Mmm, is that a lemon meringue pie I smell?” Denny asked as he came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Maria’s waist. He loved his girlfriend’s homemade lemon meringue pie.

“It sure is,” Maria said as she turned to give Denny a quick kiss. However, that quick kiss became long and heated.

“Wow,” Denny said after their lips parted. He pretended to fan himself causing Maria to giggle. “Anyways, I wanted to tell you that Im going pick some stuff up at the market and wanted to know if you needed anything.”

“Well, there is one thing I need,” Maria said.

“And that would be?” Denny asked as he got a pencil to add what Maria needed to his list.

“A box of tampons,”

“A box of tampons,” Denny repeated, writing it down. Suddenly it hit him, “A BOX OF WHAT?”

“Out of all things she could’ve asked me to get for her why does it have to be her embarrassing woman stuff?” Denny asked himself as he entered the market, “I hope anyone I know doesn’t hear about this.”

Denny walked over to the women’s hygiene isle to fetch the dreaded item. Just then a thought occurred to him. If he got Maria’s tampons first then he would have to carry them around while he got the other items he needed.

‘Maybe I’ll save those for last,’ Denny thought as he gladly moved away from the aisle and went about the rest of his shopping.

After grabbing the things he needed, he desperately tried to think of anything else he could buy. Anything to put off the impending trip down the women’s hygiene aisle for a little longer. He thought about just going home and telling Maria he forgot. Denny quickly thought against it thought. If he went home empty handed then Maria would probably be angry and she was scary when she was angry.

“Ok Denny, just get it over with.,” Denny encouraged himself

Bravely, Denny approached the women’s isle again. Much to his dismay, the aisle was now more crowded than it had been earlier. Denny sighed as he slowly journeyed into the foreign territory.

“Look at all this stuff. It would’ve been more helpful if she told me which brand she wanted. Oh well, I guess any brand will do. I mean, they all do the same thing,” Denny grabbed a box off the shelf and started walking quickly.

“Ah, Sergeant Bloch,” a voice called out just as Denny emerged from the women’s aisle. He looked to see Major Armstrong heading his way.

“Major,” Denny said quietly as he saluted, his cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

“Something wrong Bloch?” Armstrong asked. Suddenly he caught a glimpse of the box of tampons in Denny’s shopping basket.

“They’re for Maria ok,” Denny said defensively.

“OH WHAT A BRILLIANT DISPLAY OF TRUE LOVE,” Armstrong gushed, pink sparkles were everywhere, “YOU TRULY LOVE 2ND LIEUTENANT ROSS.”

‘Yes, I truly do,’ Denny thought as he smiled to himself, “Listen Major, do you think you could keep this a secret?”

“YOU’RE SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME,” Armstrong said, still flexing and sparkling.

“Maria, Im back,” Denny called as he walked through the front door.

“Did you get them,” Maria asked as she walked into the livingroom.

“I sure did,” Denny said holding up the box.

Maria smiled as she took the box from him. They weren’t her preferred brand but she didn’t mind. After all, It was so sweet of Denny to get them for her. Especially since she knew how bashful he could be about that kind of stuff.

“Thank you,” Maria said as she wrapped her arms around Denny’s neck, giving him a kiss on the cheek

“You’re very welcome Maria,” Denny told her with a grin.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes,” Maria told him as she headed to the bathroom, “By the way, there’s something on the kitchen table for you.”

Denny entered the kitchen. On the table was a large slice of lemon meringue pie and a glass of milk. Laying next to the plate was a note. Denny unfolded the paper and read.

Dearest Denny

Normally I wouldn’t let you have this until after dinner
but I guess this one time couldn’t hurt.
Just don’t get used to it.
I love you.

Maria

Smiling, Denny reread the note a couple of times before folding it up again. He than sat down and took a bite of pie.

“So how does it taste?” Maria asked, coming into the kitchen.

“Wonderful as always,” Suddenly Denny had an idea, “What are you making for dinner?”

“I don’t know,” Maria replied, “what do you want?”

“I want to take you out for dinner tonight. How about it Maria?”

Maria smiled brightly. It had been awhile since she and Denny went out to eat, “Yes, I’d love too.”

So Denny took Maria out for a romantic dinner that evening. Soon it became their tradition. On the first day of Maria’s time of the month, Denny would go and buy a box of tampons for her. He wasn’t so embarrassed anymore. When he got home, Maria would have a slice of lemon meringue pie waiting for him. They would then go out, just the two of them.

Maria didn’t hate this time of the month so much anymore.

The End

There you have it. Another Denny/Maria story from me. I hope you liked it.
kokoro_shadow_angel

He loved being able to make her feel better during this frustrating time by holding her close when she cried for no reason and massaging her lower abdomen to relieve the cramping.

if i was on my time of the month, i'd SLAP ANYBODY who touches that part of me hehe

although it does seem strange that they'd turn something like this into a tradition, its IS pretty sweet happy.gif...a guy buying tampons for a girl...that takes guts

AND I LOVE DENNY/MARIA...there need to be more fics of this couple around
Sword Alchemist
Thank you laugh.gif Yeah, it is a strange tradition but it seemed cute and a lot of people really do have strange rituals.

ed's numbuh 1 fan
that was sweet, i'm not really a fan of that pairing but it was nice very nice job biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.