Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Kind Of Grades Do You Get In School?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
dramabowwow
i get A's n B's..... wat kind of grades do u guys get???...... if u do! smile.gif
DustStorm
I have: A+ - Geometry
A+ - Lit. and Comp. 1
A - P.E.
A+ - Band
A - Chemistry
A- - World History
~FMAgurl~
I don't want to brag...so I won't biggrin.gif
staystill
A+ in computers
A i dont know in band
b idk in spanish
b idk in biology
b idk in english
b in geometry

in 8th grade i had a 4.3 smile.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Dec 3 2005, 07:02 PM) [snapback]323843[/snapback]

You just did biggrin.gif
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Dec 3 2005, 08:05 PM) [snapback]323846[/snapback]

QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Dec 3 2005, 07:02 PM) [snapback]323843[/snapback]

You just did biggrin.gif

I know biggrin.gif

All in all, I get good grades. I'll get the occasional C or D on a quiz or test though.
Blitz
I'm a straight A student but I talk too much in class. biggrin.gif I'm just surprised that I've been able to do good in French, better than most people anyway. My friends make fun of me for being a "brain with legs."
Carnal Malefactor
2.8-something GPA in college.

High school was worse.

I've never been a very good 'student'. Great learner, but bad student.

QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 07:56 PM) [snapback]323834[/snapback]

i get A's n B's..... wat kind of grades do u guys get???...... if u do! smile.gif

Just goes to show you that doing well in school isn't a good measure of intelligence. dry.gif
dramabowwow
now y would u say that "what, no bacon?"??
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 09:53 PM) [snapback]323932[/snapback]

now y do u say dat?? unsure.gif

Do I really need to explain it? rolleyes.gif
dramabowwow
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 3 2005, 07:30 PM) [snapback]323925[/snapback]

2.8-something GPA in college.

High school was worse.

I've never been a very good 'student'. Great learner, but bad student.

QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 07:56 PM) [snapback]323834[/snapback]

Just goes to show you that doing well in school isn't a good measure of intelligence. dry.gif

QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 3 2005, 07:57 PM) [snapback]323933[/snapback]

QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 09:53 PM) [snapback]323932[/snapback]

now y do u say dat?? unsure.gif

Do I really need to explain it? rolleyes.gif

yea sure..... y not
Carnal Malefactor
Your posts wouldn't exactly be attributed to a great intellect.
dramabowwow
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 3 2005, 08:17 PM) [snapback]323941[/snapback]

Dude, i have a 3.8 in school.... I am just talking in computer talk. I think that i show i higher measure of intellegentence then you do.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 10:24 PM) [snapback]323943[/snapback]

Dude, i have a 3.8 in school.... I am just talking in computer talk. I think that i show i higher measure of intellegentence then you do.

Sure, sure.

Using n00bspeak doesn't reflect well on you. Nor does claiming to be smarter than me, with no evidence to prove it.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 09:24 PM) [snapback]323943[/snapback]

Numbers mean nothing. Intelligent behavior is much more of an attribute to high intelligence. (Saying "Intellegentence' dosen't help either...)

Of course, that would probably rule me out in both areas. I don't act like I have much common sense.

As for school- The cliche grade report blurb of - "Very bright, but dosen't apply herself" is pretty much the story of my life. I usually don't think of myself as above average. I'm mostly filled with trivia that I'm surprised most people don't know about, but I'm not exactly jeopardy material, either. I've always had an interest in learning things on my own, but I've had a longstanding contempt for 'the system'.

My middle/High school record has been mostly C's and D's... and a few F's. This year, I'm doing slightly better because I'm taking some not-so-sucky classes. I have a 98% in Spanish, as of the last time my teacher updated me on it. The independent study is working fifty times better for me than when I had to go by stupid assignments that didn't help me and get dragged back by the other students. (I suppose it's not really fair for me to be contemptuous of my classmates, but really, in three years of Spanish study, they couldn't pronounce 'perro' correctly... They still got better grades than I did.)
dramabowwow
i was writing fast cause my mother wanted me to help her with something!
Carnal Malefactor
I'm pretty much in the same boat, Toby. I got that same blurb on a regular basis, as well. I just felt totally uninspired throughout high school, and I was battling depression for much of my junior and senior years, so my grades in that period were godawful, with the exception of a handful of classes I really enjoyed.
College treated me much better. I got mostly 'A's and 'B's in classes related to my Political Science major [though I did have some trouble with Constitutional Law, and the tests in the course I took in my 7th semester on presidential elections were just brutal, so I pulled a 'D' in that one dry.gif], and I did extremely well in my Honors English Comp, seminars, Japanese [piece o' cake happy.gif], and most of my Philosophy courses. It's the stuff I had to take to fill my Gen-Ed. requirements [Physics, Logic, Statistics, Art History, etc.] that dragged down my GPA. I also deeply regret having taken that ridiculous Religious Studies course [which I flunked].
If it weren't for those, I could've easily pulled a 3.6 in college.

I guess the moral of the story is that I do well in courses that accomodate the type of thinker I am.

But that's all behind me now.

QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Dec 3 2005, 10:38 PM) [snapback]323952[/snapback]

i was writing fast cause my mother wanted me to help her with something!

Then go help your mother, then come back and type. rolleyes.gif
Toby-Chan
I wish there weren't standard requirements for college classes. I'd rather think of college a magical place where you can learn whatever the crap you feel like without the knowlege-nazis telling you what you must take.

And then there are all the tests and applications and other stuff you have to blow away time and money for in order to get a chance to get into them. Even art schools are all stuffy about technicality. You have to have a portfolio, and have it scored. Can't artists, of all people, escape the numbers for once and just get a chance to learn stuff they want to? mad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 3 2005, 10:52 PM) [snapback]323965[/snapback]

Can't artists, of all people, escape the numbers for once and just get a chance to learn stuff they want to? mad.gif

Feh. Maybe in Europe. dry.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Dec 3 2005, 09:54 PM) [snapback]323967[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 3 2005, 10:52 PM) [snapback]323965[/snapback]

Can't artists, of all people, escape the numbers for once and just get a chance to learn stuff they want to? mad.gif

Feh. Maybe in Europe. dry.gif

I prefer shaving and not-smoking. tongue.gif The running off to Europe for art is so cliche, though. Although it would be rather nice to also not have to drive places. Although I'm a little wary of being a filthy American in a hostile world. dry.gif
kaizenyorii
all Cs and Bs in high school. and i still scraped into an ok college, so for all you high schoolers out there, stop trying so hard
theothersin
All A's and B's for me. As soon as I get all the work I missed back in -stupid cast- I'll be about a 4.0 GPA. I put the the work into it that it needs, I want to get into a magnet school for writing and arts stuff, so I try to keep my grades high for a better chance.
animefreak_zzz
in high school...i got mostly a's and b's..

english--a2
chinese--a1
biology--a1
humanities--a2
additional mathematics--b3
elementary mathematics--b3
combined science--a2

now in junior college...
i've got onli c's for 3 of my subject... dry.gif
still ranked no.6 in class though.. huh.gif
Fan_Alchemist
I made Principal's List. That means straight A's.
Water Achemist
I don't get grades, because Maria Montessori is stupid...But when I did get grades, I got A's and B's
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i do pretty good A's and b's maybe a c or d sometimes but math is my worst subject so thats usually a D rolleyes.gif
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(ed @ Dec 3 2005, 11:47 PM) [snapback]323993[/snapback]

i do pretty good A's and b's maybe a c or d sometimes but math is my worst subject so thats usually a D rolleyes.gif

Math is my worst too.
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(Fan_Alchemist @ Dec 3 2005, 09:53 PM) [snapback]323997[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Dec 3 2005, 11:47 PM) [snapback]323993[/snapback]

Math is my worst too.

math is definitely one of my worst classes...oddly, its one of my highest grades...but i just hate math in general ><

i'm a straight A student...i have to be one...because when i DON'T get straight As, my parents literally kick my ass dry.gif

although its been easier to keep straight As ever since i transferred to public school....prep school standards are incredibly high....i have no idea how i managed to keep straight As for all my 10 years at prep school...

3 more years till college and freedom!
Fan_Alchemist
@Koroko: It's strange for me too. I got an A+ this marking period. blink.gif

My parents are the same way. My mom freaks out when I get a B+ on any of my tests.
Pfft. Parents these days are so controling, but they do it for our own good, I suppose.
japaneseobesession
I make awesome notes but I have a horrible memory, which collides with the numerous tests and quizes

I'm not gonna say my grades... >> so I won't xD
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(Fan_Alchemist @ Dec 4 2005, 03:46 PM) [snapback]324319[/snapback]

My parents are the same way. My mom freaks out when I get a B+ on any of my tests.
Pfft. Parents these days are so controling, but they do it for our own good, I suppose.

i know! i hate it, but i know its for the best...

i always tell myself i'm never gonna be like that when i have kids...but i know i'm gonna be as controlling and strict with my kids just like my parents were...especially when it comes to grades tongue.gif
seventh_sky
I'm an A student....and up until this year, I never even really had to study lol
StrawberryShampoo
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 3 2005, 11:04 PM) [snapback]323975[/snapback]

all Cs and Bs in high school. and i still scraped into an ok college, so for all you high schoolers out there, stop trying so hard

Now you see I have a problem with that. My state gives out a promised scholarship so tutition costs much much less. However, in order to recieve this scholarship I must maintain a GPA of above a 3.0 for the basic one and a 3.5 for a special one that will take off even more money.

My grades are
Hon. English 10-- B (I hate the book "A Seperate Peace" therefore I failed the quizzes due to lack of knowledge about it. Oh well.)
Hon. Geometry--a B I think
Spanish III- 95 A
Hon. CATS (Science) 10- 98 A
Health 10---96 A
Art I--100 A
Hon. World History-- 103.27 A
Oh yeah, and I'm a sophomore (high school) so the classes aren't that hard.

I don't think Math is really that hard...In fact I liked Algebra but I hate geometry...my homework in the class is almost non-existent. I might do better if I would quit drawing pictures of the teacher getting eaten by a dragon on what little homework I do.
Mrs. Edward Elric
"Grades as of the first half of the third six weeks"

:: Art I- A+
:: Team Sports- A+
:: Honors English I- B+
:: Integrated Physics and Chemistry- B+
:: Communications Applications- A-
:: Algebra I- C+
:: Honors World History- A-

Ya. Not the brightest person in here.
staystill
hmm. i did very good in middle school *cough cough 4.3 cough* but now im a 9th and i have about a 3.5, sucks tho, laters
Alchemy_Interested
i did good in preschool and kindergarden. im getting all A's in my web developement and flash classes. and lunch is a breeze. but my other 6 calsses im failing in. its just so boaring. its hard to keep the boaring stuff in when im convering it up with a bunch of cool stuff. my teachers just dont seem to understand that.

I have a question. has anyone ever found a use for algebra. The only reason my teacher gives me is, "well if you become a teacher one day you cant each algebra to your students."

Alchemy Interested
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(kokoro_shadow_angel @ Dec 4 2005, 06:49 PM) [snapback]324357[/snapback]

i always tell myself i'm never gonna be like that when i have kids...but i know i'm gonna be as controlling and strict with my kids just like my parents were...especially when it comes to grades tongue.gif

See, now that's understandable. We do it so our family doesn't have to suffer with jobs they dislike or at least that's what my parents say to me. laugh.gif
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(Fan_Alchemist @ Dec 5 2005, 03:21 PM) [snapback]324894[/snapback]

QUOTE(kokoro_shadow_angel @ Dec 4 2005, 06:49 PM) [snapback]324357[/snapback]

See, now that's understandable. We do it so our family doesn't have to suffer with jobs they dislike or at least that's what my parents say to me. laugh.gif

ahaha...true...i'm fine with it if my kids take up burger flipping or being a sales clerk as a part time teenage job...

but if we had a forty year old burger flipper in the family whose ENTIRE economy is based on burger flipping.... blink.gif ....that would suck
Heartless_Soldier
Ive got straight B's right now but I'm tring to get my grades higher.
Blade Alchemist
Six-Week progress report from 10/03/05 to 11/10/05

Biology P: C
PE NJROTC: A-
French 1 P: A
Geometry P: B-
Computers: A
English 9 P: A

My school is cheap and only has spanish and french as foreign languages.T_T
Terra_Nomie
I mostly get A's and B's but I haven't gotten the best of grades this year. I think it's becuase I am in a new school and I don't really know what is what the lodown is around my new school
dramabowwow
QUOTE(Terra_Nomie @ Dec 6 2005, 03:01 PM) [snapback]325304[/snapback]

I mostly get A's and B's but I haven't gotten the best of grades this year. I think it's becuase I am in a new school and I don't really know what is what the lodown is around my new school

That has happened to me alot of times because my parents are in the military... smile.gif
tigerscar
I have A's and B's. But I have a C+ in Geometry.
dramabowwow
that's pretty good!
staystill
right now i have counting..... well not as good as i want, maybe a 3.2 or something. uh, i hate it
need to get grades better and faster.
my classes are just way too boring and thats why i have crappy grades

yes im crazy on my grades
Frazzie
4.0 GPA. I got a gold medal for it last year. -Dances-
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Frazzie @ Dec 8 2005, 12:58 AM) [snapback]326045[/snapback]

4.0 GPA. I got a gold medal for it last year. -Dances-

They give out medals for that shit now?

Ridiculous.
staystill
rofl, well for my graduation i got a 4.3 and i got some medals, but if they give out medal for just a year and no graduation (NOT 8th grade to 9th, graduating high school and maybe grade school to middle school [no real end to grade school, somewhere to 5-6]) thats retarded.

zombie
maths and computer subjects good grades
the rest bad
dramabowwow
wow cool they give medals?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.