Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 54 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sensenic
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 2 2005, 09:57 PM) [snapback]323099[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 2 2005, 02:39 AM) [snapback]322975[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 1 2005, 09:18 PM) [snapback]322596[/snapback]

*nods* i totally agree they are gonna start with Roy.... 100% sure..

Shall we place bets on it...

I say it won't start with Roy as this last one did. My bet is rather Scar and Mei Chan.

What does the winner get? (hey, I'm serious, as long as we don't bet sth important, we could make it. Could be fun!)

ok then... lets bet for bragging rights.... this is my bet...

Ed and Al opening - they will confront father and find out a bit more about him and perhaps start a fight.
Roy and Riza for the MOST of the issue and what will become of them...
Scar and Mei make a discovery and leave us hanging again....

there is mine... i really dont care who is right lol happy.gif this is just for fun anyways....

Bet taken. But then again...

What are "bragging rights"? happy.gifU *lives in ignorance*
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 3 2005, 05:18 PM) [snapback]323542[/snapback]

About the opening, I think it'll start with Ed glaring at "Father" because he thinks he's Hoho, they'll be a whole lot of talk for a few pages, and once Ed reaches a revelation (Father answers why he left Trisha? Father tells Ed what he's doing? Something of the sort) or there's a suspenseful question with a kick*** answer, than they'll switch to the Roy/Riza/East HQ crew. About Scar and Mei, they'll probably arrive at the revelation or suspenseful question... or they might be at the end of the switch to Roy/Riza/East HQ crew along with Ed and Father in a three-way glare to begin a three-way battle, just to keep us on the tip of our toes, wanting more. Dunno, maybe.

Bet taken. That makes 3 of us.

Who shall the winner be? 7-8 days to go... -ghhaahh-
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Dec 3 2005, 08:22 PM) [snapback]323579[/snapback]

How could Father create a humonculi that looks exactly like himself... if he himself isn't dead?? Unless he had a twin brother he killed.....

Because this is not the anime and hommunculi are not failed human transmutations, they are human-made human bodies to which you can give form. Plus, you specifically cannot recreate back a dead person.
Get thine facts straight! Goshdarnit! sad.gif

And no, I'm not saying Pride is Hoho. But don't base your arguments on anime facts.
Ladymercury
.... okay, sorry .... ._. don't blow your top over a manga/anime discreption ~_~
Frazzie
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Dec 4 2005, 01:45 AM) [snapback]324067[/snapback]
To be honest, I want to see more of Havoc and Ranfan! Why do all my favorite characters either end up dead or seriously injured? T_T

I know what you mean. I hate that Havoc got paralyzed. But at least Ranfan can still fight and everything after she gets an automail arm.

And I'm still mourning over Hughes. He was cool.
Ladymercury
And then Hughes will appear at the end of the chapter and go, HA HA YOU GOT PUNK'D and then everyone would kill him for real.
Chiyo
blink.gif

If you are right, I will eat every FMA product I own

laugh.gif
Frazzie
But then wouldn't you be eating your own tattoo? o_o
Zyric
OHGOD NEED FIX NOW

*shivers*
ramen
I predict that the Fuhrer will make moves on Roy, and Roy will finally realize that the Fuhrer has had this hopeless infatuation with him. Then he'll gasp and kill the Fuhrer and run off and claim Riza as his wife, and they'll have 5453465.002224 children! ^______^

At least, I hope that'll happen...
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(ramen @ Dec 4 2005, 11:34 PM) [snapback]324555[/snapback]

I predict that the Fuhrer will make moves on Roy, and Roy will finally realize that the Fuhrer has had this hopeless infatuation with him. Then he'll gasp and kill the Fuhrer and run off and claim Riza as his wife, and they'll have 5453465.002224 children! ^______^

as creative as that sounded i hope FMA doesnt disintegrate into a yaoi lovefest
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Frazzie
^

I concur.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 4 2005, 11:53 PM) [snapback]324588[/snapback]

QUOTE(ramen @ Dec 4 2005, 11:34 PM) [snapback]324555[/snapback]

as creative as that sounded i hope FMA doesnt disintegrate into a yaoi lovefest
ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

i totally agree... and if Bradley does do that then... i wll .... i will... cry... alot
Antimony
*reads previous posts* Okay, not going there.

I think if Father is smart (and he probably is) then he won't be giving away too much crucial information about himself and Hohenheim in his Evil Villain Monologue. Assuming that the Elric brothers make it out of his lair alive (and they probably will) they might have to go to Pinako for the answers they'll be wanting about their father. She's the only friend they have that would know anything important, and it seems like she's been keeping some pretty big secrets from them.

Six days left!! *bounce bounce bounce*
Animeoldtimer
Yes, But Pinako was warned that "A terrible event will awake" in Rizenbul so will they get there beforehand or not?
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Dec 5 2005, 03:39 PM) [snapback]324854[/snapback]

Yes, But Pinako was warned that "A terrible event will awake" in Rizenbul so will they get there beforehand or not?

also... erm... what about the Bones of ed's "mother" there is still a bit of a mystery behind them.... well atleasy i think so... are they ever gonna get around to explainging that? perhaps in a similar way Hoho-papa created another version of him self that survived? *shrugs* i dunno i'm just making up theories..
animefangirl
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 4 2005, 04:49 AM) [snapback]324099[/snapback]

I want it to end because I want to know what happens, but at the same time I don't want it to end for obvious reasons...tongue.gif

My bet is the end is one of two ways:

1. a. Ed is able to get Al's body back
b. The two then use both of their powers to take down Father...
2. a. They take down father.
b. As a result, they finally understand how to do it and restor their bodies.

good chance thatl happenl
QUOTE(Antimony @ Dec 5 2005, 12:33 PM) [snapback]324819[/snapback]

*reads previous posts* Okay, not going there.

I think if Father is smart (and he probably is) then he won't be giving away too much crucial information about himself and Hohenheim in his Evil Villain Monologue. Assuming that the Elric brothers make it out of his lair alive (and they probably will) they might have to go to Pinako for the answers they'll be wanting about their father. She's the only friend they have that would know anything important, and it seems like she's been keeping some pretty big secrets from them.

Six days left!! *bounce bounce bounce*

i think that hoho will escape and theyllhave to fight later and THEN they go to pinako
Kimi-N-Ed
laugh.gif 5 More DAYS LEFT POEPLE! Boy I just can't wait. tongue.gif ok this might sound stupid but my friend give me this guess that Hoho might bring their mother or Al's bodies and turn them in humuncilie you know like Wrath in the anime have Ed"s limbs like that lol if yall could understand that yall are really smart! tongue.gif

I think that Ed and Al might find a way to get their bodies back or have a big fight with father.
Frazzie
Yep. Six days. But it'll be five days in two hours. Funsies.

And Kimi-N-Ed, with the circumstances, they'll probably be fighting with Father first.
Landmine
5 days! It's 12:00 right now!

How exciting! And yeah, the bets on for...?

It's 12:01 now.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Dec 4 2005, 04:28 PM) [snapback]324111[/snapback]

.... okay, sorry .... ._. don't blow your top over a manga/anime discreption ~_~

-BANG!- Too.... Late.... *dies*

No, it's just that I got quite the disappointment when first reading the manga because I kept comparing it to the anime, and I don't want it to happen to other readers.
Whatever. Call it a personal -mini- trauma happy.gifU
QUOTE(Frazzie @ Dec 4 2005, 07:57 PM) [snapback]324208[/snapback]

QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Dec 4 2005, 01:45 AM) [snapback]324067[/snapback]
To be honest, I want to see more of Havoc and Ranfan! Why do all my favorite characters either end up dead or seriously injured? T_T

I know what you mean. I hate that Havoc got paralyzed. But at least Ranfan can still fight and everything after she gets an automail arm.

Yeah, but remember the rehabilitation from automail surgery takes at least one year sad.gif That's definitely too much time without Ranfan!!
\( `AŽ)/

As for Havoc... I stay with the Mei chan theory.
QUOTE(Frazzie @ Dec 4 2005, 07:57 PM) [snapback]324208[/snapback]

And I'm still mourning over Hughes. He was cool.

Who isn't? T_T
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 5 2005, 10:50 PM) [snapback]324867[/snapback]

QUOTE(Animeoldtimer @ Dec 5 2005, 03:39 PM) [snapback]324854[/snapback]

also... erm... what about the Bones of ed's "mother" there is still a bit of a mystery behind them.... well atleasy i think so... are they ever gonna get around to explainging that? perhaps in a similar way Hoho-papa created another version of him self that survived? *shrugs* i dunno i'm just making up theories..

Eh? What is it they have to explain? They just tried to make a human adult body with the soul and the shape of their mother, but since she was dead, it failed and they just created an anonymous deformed/incomplete person, who died because of Al's soul rejection (and would've died anyway since it was biologically incomplete, it seems.)

No mistery left, no?
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 7 2005, 08:03 AM) [snapback]325561[/snapback]

5 days! It's 12:00 right now!

How exciting! And yeah, the bets on for...?

It's 12:01 now.

The bets (on how is the chapter going to begin) are:
Kyo_Umerio: Roy 'n Wrath
Me: Mei & Scar
Landmine ('n Antimony?) - Ed vs Father

AFAIK.
Jellybean
I'm betting on Mei & Scar, which will probably lead to Ed vs Father since that's where they're heading. I'm curious about what will happen to Roy after this conversation with the Fuhrer ends, but that will probably have to wait since the other storyline is alot more exciting and fast-paced at the moment.
Qeomash
I actually bet that the chapter will END with Mei and Scar showing up. A nicely crafted clifhanger, afterall. biggrin.gif
Kyo_Umerio
@Sensenic: well i knew all that i was jsut trying to make it out to be more then it should be ya know... i'm really good at pulling out twists in movies and such that MAY happen... however the FMA Manga has beatn me so i'm looking for all possible options for any twist what so ever XD!!!! you know? maybe the body is of someone already alive? or may something buried the remains of someone already dead in the spot where the Elrics burried their "mother" so i was just kinda looking for some crazy twist like that.

@ Qeumash: Thanx for supporting my idea of the ending happy.gif;;; YAY SUPPORT!!!! XD!! join me in my prediction will you?
Qeomash
Or maybe she really did have black hair...and just always dyed it brown.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 7 2005, 03:34 PM) [snapback]325718[/snapback]

Or maybe she really did have black hair...and just always dyed it brown.

or... or... or.... or maybe it was originally black and turned brown due to the fact that she was outside alot.... or....maybe it was turned black simply because of the elements used..... or... ... um... i dunno...
SweetJanie
*pops up out of nowhere*

After a long absence *blames university* I'm back, even though most of you probably forgot about me.... T_T *teh forgotten*

Well, just gotta say that OMGHOHOPAPA=GAWD!!! Now that is something Arakawa sensei's been giving hints about ever since the first chapter!! So, Hoho daddy's the one that tried to become a god, and their children are the ones who have fingers pointing at them xD Ah, the irony of it all...

Btw, if any of you mentioned this or something I'll say later, sowwy, but I'm too lazy to read all this from the beginning... ;_;

Well, the manga usually starts where it ended, so I think we'll start with the cliffhanger. Next, who knows... Even though I'm really looking forward to funny scenes between all of them (Elrics, Xing ppl and Scar xD). Will Mei finally realise that tiny boy is her platonic love, Edward Elric?! ohmy.gif

Hmm, I'll be back after some more ideas from you guys appear. Toodles! *pops out*
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Dec 7 2005, 05:22 PM) [snapback]325785[/snapback]

*pops up out of nowhere*

After a long absence *blames university* I'm back, even though most of you probably forgot about me.... T_T *teh forgotten*

Well, just gotta say that OMGHOHOPAPA=GAWD!!! Now that is something Arakawa sensei's been giving hints about ever since the first chapter!! So, Hoho daddy's the one that tried to become a god, and their children are the ones who have fingers pointing at them xD Ah, the irony of it all...

Btw, if any of you mentioned this or something I'll say later, sowwy, but I'm too lazy to read all this from the beginning... ;_;

Well, the manga usually starts where it ended, so I think we'll start with the cliffhanger. Next, who knows... Even though I'm really looking forward to funny scenes between all of them (Elrics, Xing ppl and Scar xD). Will Mei finally realise that tiny boy is her platonic love, Edward Elric?! ohmy.gif

Hmm, I'll be back after some more ideas from you guys appear. Toodles! *pops out*

WB SweetJanie happy.gif you have been missed? lol yea you have... anyways... wanna play a bet? we are taking bets on how the Manga chapter starts off. refer to Sensenic's earlier post to see all the bets
Antimony
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 7 2005, 07:04 AM) [snapback]325626[/snapback]

Sure, I'll take that bet!
Frazzie
Put me down for Ed and company vs. Father (and...company? o_o). The Roy-talking-to-Bradley Pitt subplot is moving too slowly in comparison, and it just isn't time to switch.
SweetJanie
Well, I'm with the last one! xD

Aww, tank joo Kyo!! wub.gif *glomps*

*wants to see an Edwin glomp SOBADLY* T_T
Saturn Stars
me too hun, me too
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Antimony @ Dec 7 2005, 05:47 PM) [snapback]325804[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 7 2005, 07:04 AM) [snapback]325626[/snapback]

Sure, I'll take that bet!

o.O;;; so you are agreeing with Landmine then? And now Frazzie is joining on... so its

Me (and Qeomash?) : Roy and Wrath
Sensenic:for Scar and Mei
Landmine and Antimony: Ed v. Father

did i get it all?
kaizenyorii
i pick scar and mei. 50 bucks to win, 25 to place in the top 2
Aoko-chan
I'm going with Landmine and Antimony: Ed vs. Father

(its either that or Scar and Mei, but I'm going for Ed vs. Father)
Sensenic
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 8 2005, 09:18 AM) [snapback]326114[/snapback]

i pick scar and mei. 50 bucks to win, 25 to place in the top 2

Then, that makes (with format change):

Roy and Wrath: Kyo_Umerio (and Qeomash?) - 1 or 2

Scar and Mei Chan: Jellybean, kaizenyorii et moi - 3

Continue with Ed vs Father: Antimony, Aoko-chan, Frazzie, Landmine and sweetjanie. - 5! ohmy.gif

These options be not closed and you can add yours... Who knows, Arakawa, as she has done before, may pull out a Pinako scene, a Ranfan scene, a Fu returning scene (Have you people forgotten about him?! ohmy.gif), a Hohenheim scene (ohmy.gif!!!)... etc.

And I still don't know what "bragging rights" is happy.gif. Me no speak this country's language! Alyo!

3-4 days to go...

EDIT: Aoko-chan, don't post while I post! mad.gif
tongue.gif
Electrastar
The manga's plot is just too cool. Anyway, I'm so confused now...is the "father" they come up against Hohenheim or what ? And what about Roy ? I've been thinking, when Edward last saw Maria Ross, she said that she would return the favor to Roy the minute he would need it. It could be that someone (probably Riza) will contact her and she could bring her newfound friends in Xing to come and bail the colonel out no ?
Kirara
I vote that chapter 54 will start with Scar and Mei since we didn't see them in the last one.
Reika
I bet it will start with Roy and Wrath AND Riza
Qeomash
Yeah, I'm down for it opening with Roy/Wrath or another part of Roy's harem. tongue.gif

Bragging Rights: the right to brag to everyone else that you were right and they were wrong.
Kimi-N-Ed
HEY PEOPLE WE HAVE [color=#FF0000][size=5]4 MORE DAYS LEFT
~*(Jaded)*~
I would think since they ended with Ed and Father they would start with them too... huh.gif I don't know, I'm just going to wait until it comes out. wink.gif
Ladymercury
I say

1. Roy/Wrath
2. Father/Ed/Al/Ling/Humonculi
3. Mei/Scar meeting up with Ed and Gang

Because Arakawa ultimately has to explain why in the hell Mei is in Xing as well at the same time as Ling.

It'd probably be like:

Ling: O_o
Mei: biggrin.gif?

Moment.
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Dec 8 2005, 05:09 PM) [snapback]326289[/snapback]

I say

1. Roy/Wrath
2. Father/Ed/Al/Ling/Humonculi
3. Mei/Scar meeting up with Ed and Gang

Because Arakawa ultimately has to explain why in the hell Mei is in Xing as well at the same time as Ling.

It'd probably be like:

Ling: O_o
Mei: biggrin.gif?

Moment.

yeah i spose that would be cool, while Mei and Ling get to know each other, Scar and Ed and Al can have another fight to the death in the background.

3 days, 7 hours, 29 minutes, and 52 seconds left until Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 54!!

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Ladymercury
Did I say Xing? I meant Amestris ~_~
Kyo_Umerio
@ Sensenic: "Bragging Rights" means that it gives you the right to brag to everyone else that you were right. by brag i mean rub it in other peoples faces. will you keep track of all the bets or did you want my help?

anyways it would be crazt if they starte dout with something random... but.. you know it could happen
Sensenic
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 9 2005, 03:03 AM) [snapback]326456[/snapback]

@ Sensenic: "Bragging Rights" means that it gives you the right to brag to everyone else that you were right. by brag i mean rub it in other peoples faces. will you keep track of all the bets or did you want my help?

Ah, I took for myself the "responsibility" of it just because I proposed it, but of course, the more people control it, the easier it is (and, oh my, it is such a haaaard and stressing task... tongue.gif). If you (or anyone else) wanna help, be my guest. No need to ask. happy.gif

Roy and Wrath: Kyo_Umerio, Qeomash and Reika (adding a Riza) - 3

Scar and Mei Chan: Jellybean, kaizenyorii Ladymercury et moi cool.gif - 4

Continue with Ed vs Father: Antimony, Aoko-chan, Frazzie, Landmine and sweetjanie. - 5

Disclaimer again: These options be not closed and you can add yours... Who knows, Arakawa, as she has done before, may pull out a Pinako scene, a Ranfan scene, a Fu returning scene (Have you people forgotten about him?! ohmy.gif), a Hohenheim scene (ohmy.gif!!!)... etc.
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 9 2005, 03:03 AM) [snapback]326456[/snapback]

anyways it would be crazt if they starte dout with something random... but.. you know it could happen

Hey... remember after Ran fan getting slashed by Wrath. We all were "ZOMG!!! Ranfan can't die!!" and the next chapter starts with this carriage going on peacefully thru' the Amestris fields, and the sudden Hoho scene... that was quite WTF-some. The same could happen now. Or not.

As for the "bragging rights", thanks for clarifying it. Could've looked it up on the dictionary, but I'm one lazy bum... and after remembering Za Ling quote:
Me no speak this country's language! Alyo!

laugh.gif (or similar) Had to post it.

2-3 days to go...
Kimi-N-Ed
WE HAVE 3 MORE DAYS PEOPLE![font=Arial Narrow][size=5]
Kyo_Umerio
@ Sensenic: you are soo adorable happy.gif and i will help when i can and try and keep track with you. and er..yea.... whats your first language?

@ Kimi-N-Ed: yes... we know thanks for the count down
SweetJanie
Sensenic, I hate it when you're right. It could really start like that! xD

*wishes for a random scene with Winry thinking of Edo and some childhood memory we never knew of!! O_O*

Need... Saturn... fics... *goes read somethin edwin related*
Chiyo
Maybe it'll open with Riza, wouldn't put a bet on it you never know.

I would go with Roy and Wrath as my option, they seem to sometimes avoid opening with what the previos chapter closed on...builds suspence I suppose.

I really hope we see Winry or Ran-Fan, just to have a break from all the stern talk/action going on.
kaizenyorii
i dont think winry will appear until about chapter 58-60 or so, once ed and al get away from father and they need to get ran fan a new arm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.