Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 54 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Dec 14 2005, 01:17 PM) [snapback]329251[/snapback]

2. What does that make Ed and Al? They must be at least partially human...unless Trisha wasn't human either! O_O Alright, no more conspiracy theories about Trisha from me...

That's an interesting question....I wonder that too now. I mean...of course we all assume Ed and Al are human...but I mean...if Hohenheim isn't human (which he obviously isn't...lol)...then how does that affect Ed and Al?

About Trisha, i've been thinking too...we can't say if she was human or not...but..the fact that their family was never registered..and Ed and Al took Trisha's name....there is definently something going on here that I really want to know more about. AH! I need the next chapter NOW! happy.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I say no Ling can't have children anymore. I doubt that Bradley was sterile before he was made into Wrath. More than likely turning someone into a homunculus makes them sterile. Their bodies go through extreme changes when the stone enters their bodies and sterility is probably one of the changes that takes place.

So yeah, no heirs for Ling.
drake220
MSN full chapter up in the picture section, thank god!!!

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 12 2005, 03:10 PM) [snapback]328573[/snapback]

As for Ling, he's in the Stone (I believe). His soul, I mean.

oh very smart idea! I didn't even consider that!
The thing is- to heck with the whole Ed/Al working with Greed/Ling!- that if anyone has to be a Homunculi, Ling and Greed are a match made in heaven. Of course Greed will be thrilled by being ruler of a country and that's what Ling wants as well. they're very suited for each other and if they reach an agreement, they would be a an unstoppable team. I kind of wish this would happen- it would be so interesting to see Ed's reaction to having to fight LingHomunculi.

QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Dec 14 2005, 11:17 AM) [snapback]329251[/snapback]

The main things tormenting me:

While I do acknowledge the fact that it is possible for a new Lust to be created with a new philosopher's stone, it is extremely unlikely. Which saddens me, because Lust was my fav homunculus. *laughs* What if Roy became the new Lust? I mean, he does keep stealing Havoc's girlfriend and stuff...

Which reminds me, I miss Havoc! T_T

hehehe....!! I would love to see Roy in that dress!!

As for the person who said they missed the young Ed, I like the fact that Ed is maturing. It's more realistic and, with all he's been through, there'd be something wrong if he didn't mature. Besides, as long as he's freaking out whenever he's called short, i'm a happy reader!
Come to think of it, he was called pipsqueak this chapter and he just got down to the business of kicking a** and didn't reply with his usual five minute monologue of whatever he imagines the other person really said. huh....

The scariest thing in this chapter for me was Envy. I don't know why but the images of the people dripping from his...maw and the close up of his herbivore teeth together was just disturbing. If he had sharp, carnivorous teeth, seeing the 'corpses' wouldn't be so jarring but with the plain, human teeth? It was like watching a weird form of cannibalism. With a odd looking dragon/lizard/dog hybrid thing.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
^I think Hohenheim is/might be human but Father is not.

I think they're could be a new Lust after all father made the original Lust. I think this chapter proves that Father is indeed not Hohenheim, which brings up even more questions.

I'm curious to see what Ling has planned and if Greed will completely take over Ling or if it will be symbiotic.

I also need the next chapter NOW!! ohmy.gif
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 14 2005, 09:05 AM) [snapback]329181[/snapback]

Anyway, an advice for Otoki Tomoe, if you happen to read this: Instead of starting from the end, you could start from the beginning and "flip" pages quickly till you find a link with a comment similar to OMG!!! Translation's out!!! Go get it ppl!! next to it tongue.gif

Also, we could make a spoiler free links thread, without comments on the chapter. No? What do you think?

Yeah, my bad. Iím sorry about that. I was tired that day and had gone on a Death Note binge reading session (you know, read from right to left?) Plus I was all twitchy because I hadnít had my FMA fix yet. Iím sure you all can understand. tongue.gif

Anyway, I really donít know what to say about this chapterÖ It blew my mind. I think Iím close to worshipping Arakawa-sensei. Seriously! Iíd sell my soul to the manga gods to have even half her writing talent, intelligence, and attention to detail. The next chapter canít come fast enough.

And by the way, I am really enjoying everyoneís theories. My roommate and I love to get into long conversations about the storyline of FMA and we love to discuss the various theories people have written on this forum.
Qeomash
Sterile to humans, anway. Their genetic material perhaps changes so much that they can't have children with humans. Though, could there be a Homun-homun kid? Who kows?
Full Metal Elf
Hmm....interesting..then, I guess Hohenheim isn't a Homunculus if he had kids...but...then again, what if he somehow broke the rules, and that's how he was able to have kids?

Also....just because Hohenheim may not be Pride, doesn't rule out he's a Homunculus...i'm sure it's possible to have a Homunculus not named after one of the 7 sins....
Kyo_Umerio
@Sensenic: i wasn't talking about you with the spoiler thing happy.gif

and i totally agree with you Miniskirt... i cant wait for 55.... *dies* NOW ARAKAWA!!! *whines*
AA battery
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Dec 14 2005, 11:56 AM) [snapback]329308[/snapback]

QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Dec 14 2005, 01:17 PM) [snapback]329251[/snapback]

2. What does that make Ed and Al? They must be at least partially human...unless Trisha wasn't human either! O_O Alright, no more conspiracy theories about Trisha from me...

That's an interesting question....I wonder that too now. I mean...of course we all assume Ed and Al are human...but I mean...if Hohenheim isn't human (which he obviously isn't...lol)...then how does that affect Ed and Al?

About Trisha, i've been thinking too...we can't say if she was human or not...but..the fact that their family was never registered..and Ed and Al took Trisha's name....there is definently something going on here that I really want to know more about. AH! I need the next chapter NOW! happy.gif

Ed and Al are probably hanyou- *gets shot to death*

If you didn't understand my lame joke, it's okay- it means you are perfectly normal.

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 14 2005, 07:05 AM) [snapback]329181[/snapback]

Dunno, I just know your a girl 'cuz I read it in a post of yours some time ago. I try (but fail miserably, I admit happy.gif) not to guess people's gender from their tastes (which includes avs 'n sigs, among other things).

And, Well, in case you care again, remind you that there's always the "gender" option at your profile, which you have now set as "Not telling" (which gives kind of a "hi∑mi∑tsu! <3" attitude feeling.).

yeaaa too bad I can't add in that <3 myself D:

actually, if I could, I would add a įwį instead. ♥
AA battery
QUOTE(Envy @ Dec 14 2005, 12:13 PM) [snapback]329319[/snapback]

I say no Ling can't have children anymore. I doubt that Bradley was sterile before he was made into Wrath. More than likely turning someone into a homunculus makes them sterile. Their bodies go through extreme changes when the stone enters their bodies and sterility is probably one of the changes that takes place.

So yeah, no heirs for Ling.

D: I hope Ranfun is pregnant already then. XD *gets shot to death again*
Nepharski
Technically, if he had the Philosopher's Stone, he wouldn't need heirs.

When you cross a donkey with a horse, you get a sterile mule. Methinks combining a human with a philosopher's stone is similar.
Qeomash
Yeah, being a homunculus would be a perfect Emperor. Who needs heirs? You're probably never going to get killed, and will never die...(Unless "human based" means he can age...)
Nepharski
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 14 2005, 05:36 PM) [snapback]329498[/snapback]

Yeah, being a homunculus would be a perfect Emperor. Who needs heirs? You're probably never going to get killed, and will never die...(Unless "human based" means he can age...)

There's a difference between aging and actually dying.
loran16
Am i the only one who thinks that Hoho and "Father" have a similar relationship (well without the love) as Dante and hoho do in the anime?

Imagine this, both normal humans, create a philosopher's stone. Both use Human transmutation on themselves together to create an unaging body (Note, they may still contain some human dna). Father and Hoho have a "falling out" and Father tries to kill Hoho and leaves him for dead.

Hoho is found by Trisha who cares for him. In gratitude, Hoho gives her two sons before leaving her. Hoho goes off in search of what Father is up to and in search of a way to stop him.

Hey its possible right? (Also Hoho can't be pride since Father didn't realize he was alive.)
Nepharski
I do believe that, regardless of other circumstances, Hohenheim and Father are opposing forces. Hohenheim left because his "work" indangered his family (Ed called him Van Hohenheim, so maybe Hohenheim is his last name).

Okay, IF (And this is a large if, mind you) they brought back Lust, it wouldn't be the same Lust as before, as seemed obvious with Greed. It will be a totally different one, because the Philosopher's Stone will need to be made from scratch. If they need a new Lust, they might try to use Riza, but not Roy Mustang. Why would they risk the life of one of their precious "Human Sacrifices." They obviously need him for something, and it's apparant that Bradley and Ling were the "Lucky" ones (They survived).

Also, and here's a thought: I doubt that's still Ling in there, but if he is, and they find a way to change him back, or kill Greed again without killing Ling, then wouldn't it also be possible to free the person inside Bradley?
Landmine
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 14 2005, 10:16 PM) [snapback]329626[/snapback]

I do believe that, regardless of other circumstances, Hohenheim and Father are opposing forces. Hohenheim left because his "work" indangered his family (Ed called him Van Hohenheim, so maybe Hohenheim is his last name).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but it doesn't seem that Hohenheim is as skilled or strong as Father because... Father forgot about Hoho from the text of chap. 54 ("That's right, he'd still be alive" Not exact text) and it's dumb to forget about equalily strengthed/skilled enemy... It's dumb to forget about enemies, period.

I don't really get why Father would rebirth a sin that so very obviously pointed out that he doesn't want to work with him (especially before Greed turned back into essense... Those last quotes of Greed refusing to serve Father, even after he found out he was going to be turned into that liquid) unless he has to or he has plans to bribe him ("Greed, I'll give you a teddy bear for Christmas if you fight Ed and Al" xD) Dunno, too many possibilities.
ikimi
I just wanna know why Father created the PS, and why he created the Sins from himself. Is it some sort of Jekyll and Hyde thing, where he's trying to separate his evil side from his good, or is it something more like Odin and his ravens, who are part of himself but function as his eyes and ears to the outside world? It also seems like Father needs all of his Homunculi around him in order to carry out his plans, since Greed didn't sound like he expected to be brought back to "life" (the whole "I'll see all of you in hell" speech he gave before he was boiled down and drunk...which was absolutely nastly by the way) after what he had done. Yet Father decideds to bring him back without any thought to his possible desertion in the (near) future, meaning that he has a more pressing need for Greed's existence than something to talk to in his old age. This of course brings me to asking what Father is doing to Ametris, which brings me back to why he created the PS, which.....
I'm going to be stuck in this loop for a long, long time. Or at least until Arakawa sensei gives us the next chapter.
...I hate having to wait a month between my FMA fixes.
Full Metal Elf
I have a crazy theory...what if Father is........The Philosopher's Stone!?

Ok...might be dumb..but I mean...he's over powerful..does Alchemy without an array at all! He ignores the process of equiviliant exchange...and...we really don't know what shape the Stone could take...do we?

Was it really answered if Xerxes is the stone that was in Envy? If it was, I missed it. Hmm...I have to rethink this theory...but...it just came to mind happy.gif...I'll re-read a few things to clarify ideas...hehe...don't hate on me too much! *hides*
ikimi
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Dec 15 2005, 12:35 AM) [snapback]329656[/snapback]

Ok...might be dumb..but I mean...he's over powerful..does Alchemy without an array at all! He ignores the process of equiviliant exchange...and...we really don't know what shape the Stone could take...do we?

Was it really answered if Xerxes is the stone that was in Envy? If it was, I missed it. Hmm...I have to rethink this theory...but...it just came to mind happy.gif...I'll re-read a few things to clarify ideas...hehe...don't hate on me too much! *hides*

I guess that could be true, but we have seen PS 's in manga. The one that Dr. Marco created, the one that was injected in Wrath, and the one in Lust's chest, all looked like blobs of red mercury. I don't know if the PS can take other forms, as it does in the anime, but I don't think it has taken on human form yet. Although Father could have a PS in him...his 'alchemy' almost looks like Cornello-style magic.
Full Metal Elf
^^ True...it is shown as a true shape in the Manga....but....well...at this point..anything is possible!! hehe...happy.gif..Like I said..I have to work on the theory...but...it's what's on my mind happy.gif
Qeomash
Yes, there is indeed a difference...Interesting possibility...
Tombow
QUOTE (Nepharski @ Dec 14 2005, 05:39 PM) *
Technically, if he had the Philosopher's Stone, he wouldn't need heirs.

Still, it seems a high price to pay for someone who is thinking of becoming an Emperor in Xing (who, often, has like hundreds of children, I assume) especially, considering he is representing his tribe, (and the gene pool of that tribe.) I'm hoping that somehow he did not become sterile.
Kyo_Umerio
maybe Father is some sort of PS.... i mean he squeezed one from his THIRD eye... and he also uses alchemy using nothing.. hmmmm *thinks* maybe thats why they call him father... cause he basically BORE them
Antimony
Assuming that Hohenheim is some type of homunculus similar to Wrath and Greed/Ling, he would most likely be sterile. But then how could Ed and Al be conceived? He seems to know a lot about human transmutation, so that may offer an explanation. The boys resemble him with their blond hair, yellow eyes and alchemic skill so they must share his genes somehow. Maybe Hoho found some way to pass his genes on through alchemy and impregnate Trisha artificially. That would make Ed and Al his clones! ("He's just like me when I was young." Remember?) We know Ed is a lot like his father despite how much he hates him, but it's not as clear for Al. Perhaps Ed shares more of Hoho's genes and Al more of Trisha's? That could explain the gap in alchemic skill they have.

Assuming any of that were possible, would the boys be part homunculus, too? I don't think so. Being a homunculus requires a Philosopher's Stone inside the body and that's not something that genes can pass on. Think about it; if Ed had any homunculus blood his missing limbs would have grown back. He wouldn't need automail and he wouldn't need the hospital because he'd be healed already. Al would probably be the same way if he had is body.
Sensenic
QUOTE(drake220 @ Dec 14 2005, 09:18 PM) [snapback]329323[/snapback]

As for the person who said they missed the young Ed, I like the fact that Ed is maturing. It's more realistic and, with all he's been through, there'd be something wrong if he didn't mature. Besides, as long as he's freaking out whenever he's called short, i'm a happy reader!
Come to think of it, he was called pipsqueak this chapter and he just got down to the business of kicking a** and didn't reply with his usual five minute monologue of whatever he imagines the other person really said. huh....

Well, on the "small" topic:
Ed hasn't done one of those monologues for a long while now. Lately he just gets angry "to different degrees".
On the other hand he still keeps stored every offense he couldn't return in it's moment: remember him attacking Envy in the forest as soon as he appeared laugh.gif. And, in the last chapter he was called "chibi" by Envy two times. The first, yes he got down to bussiness first, but soon afterwards he returns it when he goes "over" Envy to kick father and elbows him in the head "on the way"; the second, he wasn't in situation to do anything, but he does get angry and yell at Envy at the next panel (well, guess the calling him "chibi" wasn't the main reason at the moment, but, hey, it's there tongue.gif)
QUOTE(Envy @ Dec 14 2005, 09:29 PM) [snapback]329327[/snapback]

^I think Hohenheim is/might be human but Father is not.

Agreed. More or less. I also believe Hoho is just some kind of "improved" human, whereas Father is sth completely over it.

But we do not know.
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 14 2005, 11:30 PM) [snapback]329374[/snapback]

@Sensenic: i wasn't talking about you with the spoiler thing happy.gif

I know. happy.gif But I felt guilty for putting this av so soon anyway.
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Dec 14 2005, 11:31 PM) [snapback]329375[/snapback]

Ed and Al are probably hanyou- *gets shot to death*

If you didn't understand my lame joke, it's okay- it means you are perfectly normal.

Hey! XO I did understand the joke!! But I'm normal!! I'm normal...

Or am I? wacko.gif T_T

*the one to pull the trigger was a friend of mine who hates Inuyasha*
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Dec 14 2005, 11:31 PM) [snapback]329375[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 14 2005, 07:05 AM) [snapback]329181[/snapback]

Dunno, I just know your a girl 'cuz I read it in a post of yours some time ago. I try (but fail miserably, I admit happy.gif) not to guess people's gender from their tastes (which includes avs 'n sigs, among other things).

And, Well, in case you care again, remind you that there's always the "gender" option at your profile, which you have now set as "Not telling" (which gives kind of a "hi∑mi∑tsu! <3" attitude feeling.).

yeaaa too bad I can't add in that <3 myself D:

actually, if I could, I would add a įwį instead. ♥

Now, that's mean...

-------------------------------------
[rant]
Note: Double posting to avoid that damn quoting problem again! Argh! >_< This is a continuation of the previous one. u_uU
EDIT: And now it fuses them together! wacko.gif This forum does what it wants...
EDIT 2:But if I edit it, the quoting problem appears again... So I'll have to double post again and let it fuse them. Sigh T_T
[/rant]
Well, back to work
QUOTE(loran16 @ Dec 15 2005, 03:53 AM) [snapback]329551[/snapback]

Am i the only one who thinks that Hoho and "Father" have a similar relationship (well without the love) as Dante and hoho do in the anime?

Imagine this, both normal humans, create a philosopher's stone. Both use Human transmutation on themselves together to create an unaging body (Note, they may still contain some human dna). Father and Hoho have a "falling out" and Father tries to kill Hoho and leaves him for dead.

Hoho is found by Trisha who cares for him. In gratitude, Hoho gives her two sons before leaving her. Hoho goes off in search of what Father is up to and in search of a way to stop him.

Hey its possible right? (Also Hoho can't be pride since Father didn't realize he was alive.)

Hmmmm.... But, from what we were told, I believe Hoho was a friend of Pinako long before he met Trisha (hey, just look at how young Pinako was! Trisha was either just a few years old or maybe not even born!).
Hoho... the @#$%& lolicon... dry.gif

It's possible, but improbable: at least the "Trisha picking him up" part would be wrong. I believe.
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 15 2005, 06:03 AM) [snapback]329647[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 14 2005, 10:16 PM) [snapback]329626[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but it doesn't seem that Hohenheim is as skilled or strong as Father because... Father forgot about Hoho from the text of chap. 54 ("That's right, he'd still be alive" Not exact text) and it's dumb to forget about equalily strengthed/skilled enemy... It's dumb to forget about enemies, period.

I don't really get why Father would rebirth a sin that so very obviously pointed out that he doesn't want to work with him (especially before Greed turned back into essense... Those last quotes of Greed refusing to serve Father, even after he found out he was going to be turned into that liquid) unless he has to or he has plans to bribe him ("Greed, I'll give you a teddy bear for Christmas if you fight Ed and Al" xD) Dunno, too many possibilities.

I agree at both points.
QUOTE(ikimi @ Dec 15 2005, 06:40 AM) [snapback]329659[/snapback]

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Dec 15 2005, 12:35 AM) [snapback]329656[/snapback]

I guess that could be true, but we have seen PS 's in manga. The one that Dr. Marco created, the one that was injected in Wrath, and the one in Lust's chest, all looked like blobs of red mercury. I don't know if the PS can take other forms, as it does in the anime, but I don't think it has taken on human form yet. Although Father could have a PS in him...his 'alchemy' almost looks like Cornello-style magic.

The theory is not farfetched... Actually somebody already pointed it out at the ZOMGFTA forums the past chapter... And my guess is, whether the theory is wrong or not, the truth is certainly in that direction, if you see what I mean.
@ikimi: It was said after the Marcoh encounter, that the PS has many names, and many forms... It is still not clear what the PS or even alchemy, after this chapter, are... How can we be sure that it CANNOT gain consciousness on its own and take the form of a human being?
And, Marcoh's stone is an incomplete one he stole. I believe. Gotta check that again.
Full Metal Elf
^^ Good points....I do think that Ed and Al are also NOT Homunculi or even part in anyway.

But, about the relationship with Hohenheim. That is a good point you bring up. I have always noticed that Al resembled Trisha a LOT...while Ed resembled Hohenheim a LOT..so, lol....is what you're saying possible?....It sounds very possible...hmm...now I am so interested in knowing!! I WANT CHAP 55 NOW!! (my inner Greed coming out..you should run...happy.gif)
Singhay
OT:

@Full Metal Elf - I just realized in your sig it has Ling among the other Humonculis. As we know from 54, He gets turned into Greed. You think that meant anything? Sorry for being off topic.
ikimi
The theory is not farfetched... Actually somebody already pointed it out at the ZOMGFTA forums the past chapter... And my guess is, whether the theory is wrong or not, the truth is certainly in that direction, if you see what I mean.
@ikimi: It was said after the Marcoh encounter, that the PS has many names, and many forms... It is still not clear what the PS or even alchemy, after this chapter, are... How can we be sure that it CANNOT gain consciousness on its own and take the form of a human being?
And, Marcoh's stone is an incomplete one he stole. I believe. Gotta check that again.

Again, I think the theory has a valid points, but Arakawa tends to stay within the facts of alchemy. Thus, the PS has appeared in the form of a red stone that was ground into powder, a red mercucious material, and clear, reddish liquids. It has not appeared in the form of a man.
Granted, Arakawa didn't follow the facts in the creation of her homunculi, but given the choice between a PS and horse manure, I think I'd take the PS too.
(will go and read the ZOMGFTA forum now. probably will agree a lot of my questions. tongue.gif)
Full Metal Elf
Yea...I know we know that the Stone has been seen as the red stone, in a few different forms. But, say the Stone makes up the majority of what Father is....so, maybe he's not exactly the PS, but almost. Or like I said...could there be another form of it? One we haven't see yet?...The red substance could just be a part of it..i.e....the Father. Hmm....i'm totally coming up with this as I go tongue.gif...but, i'm working on it..happy.gif
Qeomash
QUOTE(ikimi @ Dec 15 2005, 09:44 AM) [snapback]329809[/snapback]

Granted, Arakawa didn't follow the facts in the creation of her homunculi, but given the choice between a PS and horse manure, I think I'd take the PS too.
(will go and read the ZOMGFTA forum now. probably will agree a lot of my questions. tongue.gif)

Yes, good thing we don't have "spontaneous conception" in FMA...(Random note: unless that's how Rose had her baby in the Anime...)
Qeomash
It means Arakawa is play with our minds!
Chibi-Usa
Ugh I hate the agony!I hope Ling CAN have kids! But then that would Hohenheim COULD be a homunculus, which leaves a whole nother bundle of questions!!
Blitz
ZOMGWTFBBQ... I was totally not expecting that in this chapter... o_O
Sikiu-San
*reads chapter* *blinks spontaniously(sp)* wtf blink.gif blink.gif ling nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *sobs* greed is back wooo!! ^O^ but ling has gone for for the moment ;-; what was he thinking Dx ling always showed interest in the PS but why?!?! @_o and there are two hoho's blink.gif by the time this is all over we will all be going "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! so thats why <inster some reason here>" very interesting/eyeball poping/head turning chapter but well done <333 xD
Nepharski
Whatever Father is, it certainly isn't human.
AA battery
I am not gonna frustrate myself even more after bombing miserably on my Biology 200 final few hours ago...

so, no quoting crap for me tongue.gif

Sensenic: welcome to the doom of freak. ^_________________^
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Dec 15 2005, 07:14 PM) [snapback]330033[/snapback]

*reads chapter* *blinks spontaniously(sp)* wtf blink.gif blink.gif ling nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *sobs* greed is back wooo!! ^O^ but ling has gone for for the moment ;-; what was he thinking Dx ling always showed interest in the PS but why?!?! @_o and there are two hoho's blink.gif by the time this is all over we will all be going "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! so thats why <inster some reason here>" very interesting/eyeball poping/head turning chapter but well done <333 xD

*pet Pets* its gonna be ok.. you all seem to be forgetting that Ling and Lan Fan have special Mystic abilities... they can sense the Homunculi... and Ling was after Immortaliy, my prediction for Ling is that he will bust out of the Stone and take his body back over sealing Greed back into the stone, and then we will see an appearance from Greed every so often just to mess things up.. or maybe for ling to kick major Ass.... this is my prediction

As for father... he grew a third eye and cried out a stone.... soo... he is either a god... or made he himself is a "red stone" so to say he isn't a complete PS.... *sighs*

but i still believe that chapter 55 is going to be souly about Roy and Riza... or.. mostly about them and then showing a few other things.. like Lan Fan and Mei and Scar.

hmmmm speaking of scar... i wonder if his arm would work against father even with the weird thing he put up that wont let ed and al transmute
Ladymercury
If Riza becomes a Humonculi... I think that would possibly kill Royai... or make it tragic... or whatever... ._. It would be hawt to see Riza as lust or whatever xD
Animeoldtimer
I think due to the complicated nature of this manga, reading it will actually increase your intellegence. You can tell your parents that! biggrin.gif
Fullmetal_Bastard
That was the tightest chapter yet!! I hope he doesn't go all good on us. I mean, Ling and Greed both have the same objective. Im sure greed wouldn't mind being emperor of Xing. And plus Ling is immortal now so, hows this bad?
Antimony
Hasn't it been made pretty clear that homunculi are NOT immortal? By being turned into a homunculus Ling HASN'T achieved his goal. He's a little closer to immortality, but not by much. Greed himself admitted that he wasn't immortal, that's why he has the same objective as Ling! Why would a homunculus want immortality if he was already immortal?!

Sorry if I was rude, I'm just frustrated with people not getting this.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Antimony @ Dec 16 2005, 01:04 PM) [snapback]330262[/snapback]

Hasn't it been made pretty clear that homunculi are NOT immortal? By being turned into a homunculus Ling HASN'T achieved his goal. He's a little closer to immortality, but not by much. Greed himself admitted that he wasn't immortal, that's why he has the same objective as Ling! Why would a homunculus want immortality if he was already immortal?!

I got it.

I don't think Ling realized it wasn't true immortality. He just sees these guys get blown to smithereens and reassemble as usual and thinks, "Hey! I want some of that!"
Mars
Ling is gonna turn out just like old greed, he only has his own interests in mind and prolly wont end up working for father.
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 16 2005, 12:32 PM) [snapback]330234[/snapback]

QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Dec 15 2005, 07:14 PM) [snapback]330033[/snapback]

*pet Pets* its gonna be ok.. you all seem to be forgetting that Ling and Lan Fan have special Mystic abilities... they can sense the Homunculi... and Ling was after Immortaliy, my prediction for Ling is that he will bust out of the Stone and take his body back over sealing Greed back into the stone, and then we will see an appearance from Greed every so often just to mess things up.. or maybe for ling to kick major Ass.... this is my prediction

As for father... he grew a third eye and cried out a stone.... soo... he is either a god... or made he himself is a "red stone" so to say he isn't a complete PS.... *sighs*

but i still believe that chapter 55 is going to be souly about Roy and Riza... or.. mostly about them and then showing a few other things.. like Lan Fan and Mei and Scar.

hmmmm speaking of scar... i wonder if his arm would work against father even with the weird thing he put up that wont let ed and al transmute
*clings to hand* ;-; <33
*nodnod* thats true.. they sort of theory i came uo with "father" was he is/was the eye in the gate that ed keeps seeing through out the series and it found a way to become godlike or maybe he created the gate >_>

haha xD i invision scar running head first into the room at father and getting his arse kicked big time xD then he goes to sulk and starts to rethink his whole "kill unworthy men who are alchemist" then go off and help ed and al. this series for the manga is just about half way over so things are going ot start comming to a close slowly dry.gif

Ladymercury: mwahahah xDD i so agree with you on that one. riza would use her lusty powers to siduce roy xDD but getting back to fma reality, if anything like that would happen i think riza's will would be too powerful for the stone to handle so her body rejects it and she ends up being mostly unhurt.
Qeomash
QUOTE(Mars @ Dec 16 2005, 10:30 PM) [snapback]330354[/snapback]

Ling is gonna turn out just like old greed, he only has his own interests in mind and prolly wont end up working for father.

Without a doubt, Greed will turn on Father. Eventually. Question is, how long will he work with him before he realized Father will never fill his Greed.
Nepharski
Regardless of his eventual plans, Greed will (For the time being) work with Father (He owes him that much, reincarnating him and all). I think that's still the old Greed in there, and not a new one like everyone thinks. He'll probably work long enough to kill Ed (If he can), and then make his move, perhaps bringing the smack down on Bradley (Again, if he can).
bemused_non-alchemist
Well. Just because Wrath adopted Selim(?), it doesn't necesarily mean that he is sterile. And even if he is, in the decades since his making Father may have perfected the art of making a human-based homonculus such that it doesn't mess up with their fertility.

Btw, I'd like to clarify something. In the PG2 timeline it said that Wrath was made 60 years ago, right? Did it mean he underwent the "surgery" 60 years ago, or that he was born 60 years ago and underwent the surgery 10-20 years later?
Sensenic
QUOTE(ikimi @ Dec 15 2005, 04:44 PM) [snapback]329809[/snapback]

Sorry? huh.gif Which facts did she ignore in that? o_O

The hommunculus-making seems pretty coherent to me so far (keeping in ming we're dealing with abstract concepts).
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Dec 16 2005, 06:59 AM) [snapback]330135[/snapback]

Sensenic: welcome to the doom of freak. ^_________________^

Oh no, no...

I know it quite well, been here for a while now happy.gifU
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 16 2005, 06:32 PM) [snapback]330234[/snapback]

There, there! That's the idea!
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 17 2005, 03:08 AM) [snapback]330326[/snapback]

QUOTE(Antimony @ Dec 16 2005, 01:04 PM) [snapback]330262[/snapback]

I got it.

I don't think Ling realized it wasn't true immortality. He just sees these guys get blown to smithereens and reassemble as usual and thinks, "Hey! I want some of that!"

No. That was just their first impression after meeting Envy and Gluttony. But after all the conversations he's had with the Elrics, and after showing off all that hommunculi hating, I don't believe Ling still foolishly thinks so.

Besides, Ling is looking for "sth that resembles immortality" to give to the Xing Emperor, keep him alive a little longer and thus gain his sympathy. Not true immortality for himself.
And that's why he wanted an hommunculus (i.e. Gluttony) to carry it back to Xing, so it could be researched on by the "rentanjutsuhi" (they decided to leave the term untranslated in them, IIRC, no? ZOMGFTA girls, I mean) from his clan, who'd give him this fake immortality.

And, since after all this is a manga, remember his face before stopping Ed... He didn't have the usual grin or whatever that is used to point out "Hah, this is my chance!" or similar; he had those shadowened eyes which usually mean the character is about to take a serious decision (self-sacrifice or sth similar) and/or kick some ass.

EDITED, for better comprehension.
And, yes, I am a fanboy. But I'm trying to be as much rational as I can tongue.gif
QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Dec 17 2005, 05:59 AM) [snapback]330361[/snapback]

they sort of theory i came uo with "father" was he is/was the eye in the gate that ed keeps seeing through out the series and it found a way to become godlike or maybe he created the gate >_>

No he didn't. He tried to create a replica in Gluttony. And failed.
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 17 2005, 09:29 AM) [snapback]330432[/snapback]

Regardless of his eventual plans, Greed will (For the time being) work with Father (He owes him that much, reincarnating him and all). I think that's still the old Greed in there, and not a new one like everyone thinks. He'll probably work long enough to kill Ed (If he can), and then make his move, perhaps bringing the smack down on Bradley (Again, if he can).

blink.gif
I thought it was quite clear that the Greed who has taken over Ling's body is the same Greed as before.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Singhay @ Dec 15 2005, 02:51 PM) [snapback]329783[/snapback]

Full Metal Elf, I just realized in your sig it has Ling among the other Humonculis. As we know from 54, He gets turned into Greed. You think that meant anything? Sorry for being off topic.

I don't believe so. I think it's just a cool way to change scenes (since the next scene was the one involving Ling, Ranfan, Wrath and Gluttony) while fooling us apparently relating Hoho to Wrath.
QUOTE(bemused_non-alchemist @ Dec 17 2005, 06:43 PM) [snapback]330564[/snapback]

Well. Just because Wrath adopted Selim(?), it doesn't necesarily mean that he is sterile. And even if he is, in the decades since his making Father may have perfected the art of making a human-based homonculus such that it doesn't mess up with their fertility.

Indeed.
QUOTE(bemused_non-alchemist @ Dec 17 2005, 06:43 PM) [snapback]330564[/snapback]

Btw, I'd like to clarify something. In the PG2 timeline it said that Wrath was made 60 years ago, right? Did it mean he underwent the "surgery" 60 years ago, or that he was born 60 years ago and underwent the surgery 10-20 years later?

My guess is the second option. I think that they decided to put it that way to avoid spoilers, since in the manga it had already been mentioned (I believe) he was 60, they couldn't have put that Wrath was born at -40 years... readers would've gone 'WTF? Oh, that may mean...', and there goes one of the manga's surprises.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 17 2005, 10:01 AM) [snapback]330572[/snapback]

blink.gif
I thought it was quite clear that the Greed who has taken over Ling's body is the same Greed as before.

Oh, sorry. I shouldn't have been so general. tongue.gif A lot of people seemed to think it was a new being, though.

And I like the duel-personality theories of Ling and Greed. Maybe it would be like the Hulk or something, and when Ling gets a serge of emotion, Greed takes over. Regardless, Greed is currently in the captains chair for the time being.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.