Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 54 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Wyrd_Raven
HOLY FRACK blink.gif

So now we have Greed-Ling... hmmm

Greed-Ling .__.
Greeding >__>
Greeling <__<

GRING! (or Gringo x3)
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(Singhay @ Dec 11 2005, 12:44 AM) [snapback]327785[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kirara @ Dec 10 2005, 11:35 PM) [snapback]327780[/snapback]

We knew before this chapter that Hohenheim wasn't an "Elric". In fact Hohenheim is his last name, his full name is Van Hohenheim. Ed calls him this in chapter. 42.

Though you are right it is possible that Ed and Al have more relatives somewhere out there (I now have that song in my head). tongue.gif

Thats not so. "Van" in european names pretty much mean "of". So his full name could be (in western order) Hohenheim Van Elric (Hohenheim of Elric). Hohenheim means High Home soo... High Home of Elric? Sweet name I think, Hohenheim that is.

Think of Vincent Van Goe(sp?) or Dick Van Dyke.

while the van thing may be true, Hohenheim is in fact his last name, not first. youll know why thats not Ed and ALs last name when #54 scans come out
Singhay
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 10 2005, 11:55 PM) [snapback]327791[/snapback]

while the van thing may be true, Hohenheim is in fact his last name, not first. youll know why thats not Ed and ALs last name when #54 scans come out

Wait then how does Ed know to call him Van Hohenheim? Thats probably gonna be answered in 54 huh. I like to spoil myself by d/l the raw and flipping through it like super fast.
ElvishVamp
I can't believe I didn't realize Hohenhiem was his last name! T_T This whole name thing just supports my stupid theory that there is (or was) more going on with Trisha than we know.

Poor Ranfan. I wonder how she'll react when she finds out about Ling...
Kirara

Thats not so. "Van" in european names pretty much mean "of". So his full name could be (in western order) Hohenheim Van Elric (Hohenheim of Elric). Hohenheim means High Home soo... High Home of Elric? Sweet name I think, Hohenheim that is.

Think of Vincent Van Goe(sp?) or Dick Van Dyke.

Maybe so but Hohenheim is definitely his last name. Ed called him Van Hohenheim not Hohenheim Van. Maybe there is something before the Van but as of now he has only been called Van Hohenheim.

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=4924

Ah kaizenyorii beat me to it. smile.gif
Singhay
QUOTE(Kirara @ Dec 10 2005, 11:58 PM) [snapback]327795[/snapback]

Maybe so but Hohenheim is definitely his last name. Ed called him Van Hohenheim not Hohenheim Van. Maybe there is something before the Van but as of now he has only been called Van Hohenheim.

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=4924

Ah kaizenyorii beat me to it. smile.gif

I know now its his last name but in Japan they say the family's name first then the first name last. So thats what I was thinking.
Kirara
I know now its his last name but in Japan they say the family's name first then the first name last. So thats what I was thinking.

Yeah I know they do but in this story they never did. It has always been first name before last (Edward and Alphonse Elric, Winry Rockbell, Roy Mustang, just to name a few). smile.gif

Also this chapter not only killed the Hohenheim is Father theory but it also killed the Hohenheim is Pride theory. In this chapter Father is surprised that Hohenheim is still alive. He obviously knew Hohenheim in the past but he has not seen him recently. However Pride is working for Father. In an earlier chapter Pride talks to Wrath about Father, which means that Pride has not been hiding out. So basically we don't know who Hohenheim is. (Note: Nefadol figured out that Pride isn't Hohenheim, not me, I don't want to steal credit even though she doesn't post here. )
Koneko_chan
So...........

I guess I was wrong. Hoho-papa and Father really aren't the same person.

I can't read Japanese, but DO ED AND AL KNOW THAT FATHER ISN'T THEIR DADDY!?!
Aoko-chan
TRANSLATED SCANS ARE OUT!! go get them at http://www.livejournal.com/community/hagaren_manga/

... you can go visit www.zomgfta.com too

Hoho & Trisha didnt marry officially. And Elric is from Trisha's side of the family..
[spoiler]
Father was suprised to know that Hohenheim had children and that he actually ''married '' someone.. and refered to Hoho as "it" .. and he does know that Hohenheim can live for a LOooooong time

Envy also mentions something about Ed's & Al's alchemical ability as something "given" ... I wonder....(but Father stopped him from saying anything more)

[/spoiler]

by the way, Umeko & CSakuraS.. I can upload the file to YSI (if u want) (aka.. i dunno how to mirror)... to prevent you site from data transfer problems like last time
Singhay
Thats one crazy Chapter. I get the feeling that the only reason why the people who are being turned into a Humonculus don't die is because they have that Sin that father is turning them into. Get what I'm saying kinda? Like Ling wanting to get his hands on the PS and he'll do whatever it takes. kinda Greedy? Yeah? No?
Aoko-chan
@Singhay: Yeah I get what you mean... but the only two humans that are turned into Homunculi so far are Ling & Bradley... With Ling I can picture, but with Human!Bradley... I need to know more first
Full Metal Elf
All I can say is........OMG!! LING!!! and..NEED TRANSLATIONS!!! (ok..calm)
kaizenyorii
i duno the passwordddddd

*edit. never mind. got it from someoneeeee
Meo
@kaizenyorii: The password is "Hohenheim". At least right now, if Umeko and Sakura don't change it.

I have to say, this chapter is one of the most amazing, informative in a not-informative-way, and special chapter yet. There's some things that you still don't know.

Father's relationship with Hohenheim.. It's obvious as remarked above that they've known each other for some time but cut off their means of communication with each other. Father might not regard Hohenheim as being an insect like humans, but still refers to him as an "it". Why can't Hohenheim die, what have the two done in the past together, why does Father look like Hohenheim.. And where is the equivalent trade for Father whenever he uses alchemy? And how is it that he can use Alchemy or..The gate, or something.. without any motive? I.E. clapping his hands. Father most likely has something astonishing with his "insides" that's beyond that of the homunculus, observation noted due to Ling's reaction to him. Oh! Isn't it amazing how when Father drank the philosopher's stone (at Greed's death) all he got was a shiny demented looking eye? While everyone else, "humans" as inferior as insects in comparison to this figure, suffered spasms? Can you tell that I think Father is an interesting character?

"How much farther is it?" "Let's Hurry." Hohenheim's comments on the..left seems as if he's impaitent to reach his discoveries on Briggs Mt. From the looks of it, he knows what Father can do, has done, and will do. And from the look on his face, he doesn't look very pleased. :'D

And moving further into the story.. The question, 'What is Alchemy' is phrased. Thus far in the story, we still have no confirmation on what it is. We only know the two laws. The law of conservation and the law of equivalent trade. And we know there's a way to nullify the usage too.

The philosopher's stone..We come across the question of what is it again. It seems to contain a massive quantity of souls in that little red jelly of it and a possible sin. Or perhaps this is only because the soul of Greed was inside that stone... Just exactly what is a homunculus anyways? A man-made human with the philosopher's stone as its nucleus. But isn't that only the "Body"? What of the "Mind" and "Soul"? What's the difference of that compared to a regular human?

Ling was rather accepting of his fate. Maybe because he actually is greedy, he wants to be Emperor afterall and has quite a thirst for immortality. Maybe because he knew that even if he struggled it would've ended the same. Well, either way. What happened to Ling's mind and soul? Even if his soul was used in the philosopher's stone as energy, what of the mind? Did it merge with Greed's? Though, it's unlikely since Greed and Ling have no blood relation whatsoever. And merging the minds of a homunculus and a human is unheard of thus far. Lastly, chances are, Greed would have known Ling's name had it been successful.

Does King Bradley share a body with another sin? Or is he the original Wrath?

P.S. I love how Edward yells "He has someone waiting for him!" just before Ling gets greedified. XD
</major rant>

Sorry if I somehow mixed up facts or asked stupid questions! :'D
kaizenyorii
hahaha Sakura told me the password like a minute before you posted... i was never good at riddles

i find it really disturbing that ling would let himself be taken over. sure, it would give him the "immortality" he wanted, but he probably wasnt counting on his soul being replaced.....o well, let the buyer beware
Qeomash
But he said Human Based..Perhaps ones such as Envy, Gluttony and the rest are based off...something else. And, the reason Wrath ages is because he IS human based.

Perhaps we saw only how to make a Homunculus that ages, not the ones like the old Immortal Greed.
AA battery
I was bored from studying too much D:

*random jokes edited from original manga*

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/hos...ra/fma54_07.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/hos...ra/fma54_10.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/hos...ra/fma54_34.jpg

(You need to have watched Naruto English Dub before to understand Lin more...)

I am lame and I know it. ^_____________^
AA battery
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 11 2005, 01:26 AM) [snapback]327972[/snapback]

hahaha Sakura told me the password like a minute before you posted... i was never good at riddles

i find it really disturbing that ling would let himself be taken over. sure, it would give him the "immortality" he wanted, but he probably wasnt counting on his soul being replaced.....o well, let the buyer beware

Here are the reasons I have came up as in why Lin took the Philosopher's Stone.

1. Like how Ranfun sacrificed her left arm for Lin to achieve his goal, Lin is also willing to take the risk of death, and gain power.

2. Lin's original interest was the Philosopher's Stone, remember? So if he takes the stone into his body, that means he has obtained the stone in a way that probably no one can take it back. I mean... that was his golden opportunity to get that stone.

3. "Lin has someone waiting for him." which is why, Lin is willing to take the risk... remember he said something about that he will be "a king for the people"? For the king to protect his citizens, he need to attain power. With philosopher's stone's power, he will be able to protect them... and he definately wants no more tradegy like Ranfun's to happen because of him.

I believe that Lin will overpower Greed happy.gif I have faith in him biggrin.gif
Aoko-chan
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Dec 11 2005, 05:48 PM) [snapback]327981[/snapback]

I believe that Lin will overpower Greed happy.gif I have faith in him biggrin.gif

Me too biggrin.gif I have faith in Lin... so would that be like Dr.Jeckell (sp?) and Mr. Hyde

But.. what would RanFan do? Ed? Al?

Sensenic
QUOTE(Meo @ Dec 11 2005, 10:17 AM) [snapback]327967[/snapback]

I have to say, this chapter is one of the most amazing, informative in a not-informative-way, and special chapter yet. There's some things that you still don't know.
(...) Father most likely has something astonishing with his "insides" that's beyond that of the homunculus, observation noted due to Ling's reaction to him. Oh! Isn't it amazing how when Father drank the philosopher's stone (at Greed's death) all he got was a shiny demented looking eye? While everyone else, "humans" as inferior as insects in comparison to this figure, suffered spasms? Can you tell that I think Father is an interesting character?

Well, he's obviously not human sleep.gif
Creepy, I say ph34r.gif

(...)And where is the equivalent trade for Father whenever he uses alchemy? And how is it that he can use Alchemy or..The gate, or something.. without any motive? I.E. clapping his hands.
(...)
And moving further into the story.. The question, 'What is Alchemy' is phrased. Thus far in the story, we still have no confirmation on what it is. We only know the two laws. The law of conservation and the law of equivalent trade. And we know there's a way to nullify the usage too.

Certainly. Very good point. After Father's feats the question does reappear.

Again, tho', just like what happened with Cornello at the beginning, I believe he's not avoiding the laws... Rather, him being sth like the Stone himself or similar...
Let's not forget that, after all, he still wanted to gain access to True Knowledge... and he failed!

The philosopher's stone..We come across the question of what is it again. It seems to contain a massive quantity of souls in that little red jelly of it and a possible sin. Or perhaps this is only because the soul of Greed was inside that stone... Just exactly what is a homunculus anyways? A man-made human with the philosopher's stone as its nucleus. But isn't that only the "Body"? What of the "Mind" and "Soul"? What's the difference of that compared to a regular human?

The soul, we learned in the last chapter. One soul from the stone, moved by the sin Father put in it, becomes predominant, and this soul, plus everything that the hommunculus himself learns during his life, becomes the hommunculus' Soul.

As for the mind, if you have a body and a soul, you have the Mind attaching them. Kind of automatically... I guess... happy.gifU

Ling was rather accepting of his fate. Maybe because he actually is greedy, he wants to be Emperor afterall and has quite a thirst for immortality. Maybe because he knew that even if he struggled it would've ended the same. Well, either way. What happened to Ling's mind and soul? Even if his soul was used in the philosopher's stone as energy, what of the mind? Did it merge with Greed's? Though, it's unlikely since Greed and Ling have no blood relation whatsoever. And merging the minds of a homunculus and a human is unheard of thus far. Lastly, chances are, Greed would have known Ling's name had it been successful.

o_O Too difficult. Dealing with abstract concepts again. But, as for Ling's ambitions... see below:

Does King Bradley share a body with another sin? Or is he the original Wrath?

Go figure... \( u_u)/
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Dec 11 2005, 10:29 AM) [snapback]327975[/snapback]

But he said Human Based..Perhaps ones such as Envy, Gluttony and the rest are based off...something else. And, the reason Wrath ages is because he IS human based.

Perhaps we saw only how to make a Homunculus that ages, not the ones like the old Immortal Greed.

Yup, we haven't seen a "classic" hommunculus being made. So far.
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Dec 11 2005, 12:20 PM) [snapback]327983[/snapback]

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Dec 11 2005, 05:48 PM) [snapback]327981[/snapback]

Me too biggrin.gif I have faith in Lin... so would that be like Dr.Jeckell (sp?) and Mr. Hyde

I also believe that! as a Ling fanboy, I cannot accept him gone so easily because of his own Greed! >_< (*lives in denial* LOL)

I think he thought of sth. Remember he can feel what hommunculi are (a bunch of human souls in one), so maybe he thought some kind of plan to obtain the Stone for himself FROM INSIDE. At the only little cost of risking his own life and the fact he may lose control over his own body forever sad.gif Cheap, I say tongue.gif

I don't think he was overcome by his own greed nor anything like that. I mean, his evil side was there only for comic relief, he explained that he actually was searching for sth similar to immortaility to give it to the Emperor, not for his own.

[fanboy]Ling Aten't Dead!! And he aten't a Bad Guy either!![/fanboy] XO *Still lives in denial*

T_T
RocketJess
Perhaps Ling wasn't *really* willing to let Greed take over his body, rather he was just taunting him, so Greed would 'attack' - a "come and get me!" sort of thing?

I don't want to believe that Ling is really so greedy as to just give in and let himself be taken over... ;_;
Dai
Maybe I'm idiot but I can't find the chapter translation in that site, I only find "brief translation" and nothing to download... help, please ^^U
MasterKris
What happened while I was gone?? blink.gif
ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
THIS CHAPTER HAS MORE TONS OF SPOILER INFO THAT I NEVER HAD IMAGINED!!

Perhaps Ling wasn't *really* willing to let Greed take over his body, rather he was just taunting him, so Greed would 'attack' - a "come and get me!" sort of thing?

I don't want to believe that Ling is really so greedy as to just give in and let himself be taken over... ;_;

There could be a possibility. Since Ling wanted immortality that badly. But so hard to believe that Ling is now a homonculus...

*shuddles*
I feel tons of Ling fanart and fics coming this way!!
bemused_non-alchemist
1st thought: What's going to happen to Lanfan? Poor thing...

I hope Ling knows what he's doing; the risk of losing his soul is too high compared to whatever gains he might get.

Who knows, maybe Pride is working to oppose Father. I'm not Christian, but Lucifer's main downfall (and the reason for opposing his maker) is his pride, no?

I would like to elaborate, but my mom is calling me off the com. Sigh.
MasterKris
A thought came up to my mind.
Could it be a coincidence that all the Homonculus hair are black? It's just too weird that all the hair colors are black for all the Homonculus... Or could it be that the hair turns into black when a human turns into a Homonculus? We couldn't see that with Ling or Pride since their hairs are both black...
Full Metal Elf
I hope Ling can overpower it....AHHH!! I'm still freaking out about it....OMG...hehe..*deep breath* happy.gif.

I can't wait for the translations....then I can say more about this wink.gif.....
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Dec 11 2005, 05:20 AM) [snapback]327983[/snapback]

But.. what would RanFan do?

Greed!Ling, obviously. (Come on, wording it like that, you couldn't not expect that was coming.) Maybe she finds the bi-polarness kinky? ph34r.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Dai @ Dec 11 2005, 04:18 PM) [snapback]327994[/snapback]

Maybe I'm idiot but I can't find the chapter translation in that site, I only find "brief translation" and nothing to download... help, please ^^U

QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Dec 11 2005, 06:57 PM) [snapback]328018[/snapback]

I hope Ling can overpower it....AHHH!! I'm still freaking out about it....OMG...hehe..*deep breath* happy.gif.

I can't wait for the translations....then I can say more about this wink.gif.....

huh.gif{Huh?... Did you two try here?
SweetJanie
*shakes head* You n00bies... laugh.gif *hugs* I have a n00b fettish... o_o'

Ok, someone said Hoho papa can't be Pride, but then you all say it is? o_0' I doubt he is, or Homu Dadday would know he was still alive because Wrath would tell him, ne?

Btw... about what Ling said in chapter 53, about Edo joining his hands as if he was praying? Could it be that he's praying to Dadday without knowing? Because he made him and Aru not able to perform alchemy, so.... help? Sensenic, goddess of theories? ;_;
Landmine
QUOTE(Singhay @ Dec 11 2005, 02:06 AM) [snapback]327937[/snapback]

Thats one crazy Chapter. I get the feeling that the only reason why the people who are being turned into a Humonculus don't die is because they have that Sin that father is turning them into. Get what I'm saying kinda? Like Ling wanting to get his hands on the PS and he'll do whatever it takes. kinda Greedy? Yeah? No?

Possible... Possible, but I doubt the other "Fuhrer Canidates" didn't hold any wrath to the way they were trained, to being referred as a no one (or just like everyone else) during training, and what they were forced to be at the end of endurance. As far as it seems (with Bradley not remembering his parents, their names, or his own name) he'd have had to manifest the wrath during his training, but what would've kept the other "Fuhrer Canidates" from not manifesting such wrath to the way they were being treated? Plus, we don't really know that much about Bradley.

*shuddles*
I feel tons of Ling fanart and fics coming this way!!

xD I had a Xing fanfic planned (and you know Ling just has to be there) but I'm not so sure I want to finish it now. mellow.gif

I have faith in Ling too! He just can't become the new Greed! Ohh, can't wait for the translation.

EDIT: Nevermind about the translation ^^;;;
Nepharski
We need to get this on the MSN group now! I don't have torrent or zip. I need to know!!
~*(Jaded)*~
I to am waiting Nepharski. T-T
Sensenic
QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Dec 11 2005, 08:32 PM) [snapback]328076[/snapback]

Btw... about what Ling said in chapter 53, about Edo joining his hands as if he was praying? Could it be that he's praying to Dadday without knowing? Because he made him and Aru not able to perform alchemy, so.... help? Sensenic, goddess of theories? ;_;

Guess not... Daddy ain't God, as Gluttony proves.

I think he was some pretentious Xerxian (however you say that) who wanted to attain True Knowledge and somehow got mixed with/became/whatsoever the PS. He gained lots of knowledge, indeed, to the point he knows "what alchemy is" and he can nullify it (How does Hoho mix into this, I cannot think of).
But he still wants to get to TK, he made Gluttony as some kind of "back door" and failed miserably... thus...

If Ed is prayin' to someone we know, that'd be Truth.

Oh, BTW:
1- I be a man. 3rd time. No, no, I ain't angry whatsoever. I find it funny if anything. But, really, do I write like a woman or sumthin'? happy.gifU
2- There is people who do more and better theories than I do. I just read the manga and take my conclusions (be they right or wrong).

Thx for the "goddess" title 'nyway. smile.gif
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 11 2005, 08:34 PM) [snapback]328077[/snapback]

I have faith in Ling too! He just can't become the new Greed! Ohh, can't wait for the translation.

Oh, but the new Greed he already is.
The thing is that he overcomes Greed's soul, gets the control over his body back and that's how the good guys get a hommunculus on their side (Hey, a man can hope...).
Remember the "humans and hommunculi hating/looking down at each other" topic (racism, if you want to put it that way) has come out quite often recently. Therefore, here I hope both end up accepting each other... But that's just me.
Singhay
I got another question for you guys to wonder about... What is Father? Or has someone already theorized about that? He kinda resembles Jesus Christ with the long hair and beard. LOL maybe even santa clause with the beard because you know they cept on calling him the bearded guy.
Nepharski
Maybe father is sort of an Antichrist figure.
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 11 2005, 12:52 PM) [snapback]328121[/snapback]

1- I be a man. 3rd time. No, no, I ain't angry whatsoever. I find it funny if anything. But, really, do I write like a woman or sumthin'?

Your previous Read or Die avatar no doubt cause the confusion. Your screen name also sounds somewhat female.

*Head explodes for want of scans.*
Antimony
QUOTE(Singhay @ Dec 11 2005, 03:53 PM) [snapback]328122[/snapback]

I got another question for you guys to wonder about... What is Father? Or has someone already theorized about that? He kinda resembles Jesus Christ with the long hair and beard. LOL maybe even santa clause with the beard because you know they cept on calling him the bearded guy.

I just knew somebody would bring that up at some point. Father may dress himself like Jesus and have miraculous powers, but he behaves nothing like him. Does he love his neighbors and help others? Nope, Father's just looking out for number one. And he's not nearly fat enough to be Santa either. biggrin.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 11 2005, 12:52 PM) [snapback]328121[/snapback]

QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Dec 11 2005, 08:32 PM) [snapback]328076[/snapback]

Guess not... Daddy ain't God, as Gluttony proves.

I think he was some pretentious Xerxian (however you say that) who wanted to attain True Knowledge and somehow got mixed with/became/whatsoever the PS. He gained lots of knowledge, indeed, to the point he knows "what alchemy is" and he can nullify it (How does Hoho mix into this, I cannot think of).
But he still wants to get to TK, he made Gluttony as some kind of "back door" and failed miserably... thus...

If Ed is prayin' to someone we know, that'd be Truth.

Oh, BTW:
1- I be a man. 3rd time. No, no, I ain't angry whatsoever. I find it funny if anything. But, really, do I write like a woman or sumthin'? happy.gifU
2- There is people who do more and better theories than I do. I just read the manga and take my conclusions (be they right or wrong).

Thx for the "goddess" title 'nyway. smile.gif
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 11 2005, 08:34 PM) [snapback]328077[/snapback]

Oh, but the new Greed he already is.
The thing is that he overcomes Greed's soul, gets the control over his body back and that's how the good guys get a hommunculus on their side (Hey, a man can hope...).
Remember the "humans and hommunculi hating/looking down at each other" topic (racism, if you want to put it that way) has come out quite often recently. Therefore, here I hope both end up accepting each other... But that's just me.

hahaha xD

I should stop complaining about always being mistakened as a guy, then.

the solution to everything... time machine. *off to future for next chappie!*

... which is not possible, aww.
The Great Asparagus
ahh what a wonderful chapter. i read the RAW but still awaiting the translated. oh welly. i've got the main points down. poor ling. :'( i hope he'll be okay and not totally destroy his buddies
Dai
hey, I need a litle help here, I'm here

www.zomgfta.com

and I'm trying to download the chapter using the username fmanga and the password you said: Hohenheim but... it doesn't work

-edited-

no problem anymore, it is that "hohenheim", not "Hohenheim" ^^U
Nepharski
It doesn't usually take the MSN group this long to update. What's going on over there?
Chiyo
I suppose the manga wasn't even meant to come out until the 12th.
Meo
QUOTE(Dai @ Dec 11 2005, 03:49 PM) [snapback]328204[/snapback]

hey, I need a litle help here, I'm here

www.zomgfta.com

and I'm trying to download the chapter using the username fmanga and the password you said: Hohenheim but... it doesn't work

-edited-

no problem anymore, it is that "hohenheim", not "Hohenheim" ^^U

Sorry if I confused you! xD;;

I want to see the Truth again. D: He's interesting too. And his role is a lot bigger than how much screen time he gets. x3 I guess Father would be the closest to Truth, aside from Hoho but we know nothing of him yet. Sage of the weeest! O:

Wow.. o.o Scar and Meichan are risking a lot for an undergrown panda. x3
Singhay
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Dec 11 2005, 07:05 PM) [snapback]328237[/snapback]

I suppose the manga wasn't even meant to come out until the 12th.

It came out on the 11th in Japan, that would make it late night 10th, and it was translated by the night of the 11th in America.
Neo2x
Didn't anyone else notice that maybe Father is doing alchemy with his feet? That would be really funny tongue.gif and explain why he wasn't moving to do so.
Jellybean
Dammit, this chapter was full of little cryptic comments that really piqued my curiosity and now all I can think about is getting more chapters. I'm all trembling like a crack addict here. No one was expecting this. Arakawa-sensei is greatness. biggrin.gif

Also, LOL at Father making creepy faces and pulling at Ed's antenna while examining him. laugh.gif I'm dying to know what the deal with Hohenheim is. Father referred to him as "it", acknowleged that he couldn't die, and was totally shocked that he had children. It kind of seems like Hohenheim is a creation of Father's, but to what purpose? And I wonder if being the offspring of whatever Hohenheim is will have implications for Ed and Al. It's also interesting that Elric was Trisha's surname. A whole bunch of fanfiction referring to Hohenheim as an Elric are inaccurate. laugh.gif

As a Ling fan, I kind of want to cry, but as a Greed fan, I'm thrilled. This is the same Greed as before and not a whole new personality, right? He only had a couple of lines of dialogue, so it's hard to tell, but that's the impression I got. But why would Father want to resurrect good ol' Greed when he destroyed him for being uncooperative in the first place?

Envy's little comment about humans using powers without realizing what they are kind of scares me, too. What does it all mean!?!? o_O
Kyo_Umerio
Wow... what a crazy chapter... her are my thoughts:

Father said that he had a spot left for Greed.... makes you wonder if Lust is comeing back or maybe if she already came back **grins from the fact that he mention Ed and Al's "mother" transmutation earlier** it also means that maybe..... Pride = Hohenheim since it was hinted at by father that he is a Homunculi... and it looks like Ling got what he came to Ameteris for =D anyways... maybe father is transmuting with his feet... but how did he stop ed and al from doing so... anyways... *misses the old kewl greed*
Nepharski
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 11 2005, 06:48 PM) [snapback]328301[/snapback]

Wow... what a crazy chapter... her are my thoughts:

Father said that he had a spot left for Greed.... makes you wonder if Lust is comeing back or maybe if she already came back **grins from the fact that he mention Ed and Al's "mother" transmutation earlier** it also means that maybe..... Pride = Hohenheim since it was hinted at by father that he is a Homunculi... and it looks like Ling got what he came to Ameteris for =D anyways... maybe father is transmuting with his feet... but how did he stop ed and al from doing so... anyways... *misses the old kewl greed*

Um...

One - Lust's Philosopher's Stone was destroyed, while Greed's was preserved. That is how Greed could come back.
Two - Hohenheim looks nothing like the outline for Pride, and Homunculi cannot reproduce.
bemused_non-alchemist
Is the process of becoming a homonculus reversible? i.e. can Greed-Ling ever return to being the Ling he was? I want it to be so, but... fat chance of that.

So... does Hoho = Pride still stand?

1. From the sounds of it, Father hasnt been in touch with Hoho for a long time. This has been brought up some time ago, I think.
2. The other homonculi seems to treat Pride like their leader, who reports back to Father. If so, then Father must know Pride, and quite intimately too.

So Hoho does not = Pride. Yay. Then who is he? He may be the result of an experiment that Father had conducted ages ago. We still don't know if Father is only limited to the 7 Sins, so we shouldn't assume that. Perhaps he was trying to create a homonculus with a mixture of sins (like normal people), and ended up with something looking like him which also possesses the ability to.. procreate. But this thing, Hohenheim, decided that he didn't like whatever Father was doing, and left him. Father may find that Hoho is useless to him, so he lets him go and forgot about him.

... possible?

And sorry to say, but I don't think Lust is ever coming back. Greed was liquified and distilled (ergh.) into "essence", which was returned to Father. That's why he can be recreated; because Father still has his essence. But Lust was vaporized and her stone disintigrated, which dashes any hopes of her reincarnation. (But imagine if Mei Chan were to receive the PS and becomes Lust. blink.gif Run Ed!!)
Wyrd_Raven
Of course the thing I wonder about Greed-Ling now iswould he still be the "Ultimate Shield" Father may have decided on a new power. Then again, both Greeds do have the Ourouboros Tatoo in the same location and when Ling was speaking to Greed he was in his Ultimate Shield form.

Still Ihave to wonder if Father decided Greed needed an upgrade beyond a new body.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Dec 11 2005, 07:21 PM) [snapback]328311[/snapback]

Of course the thing I wonder about Greed-Ling now iswould he still be the "Ultimate Shield" Father may have decided on a new power. Then again, both Greeds do have the Ourouboros Tatoo in the same location and when Ling was speaking to Greed he was in his Ultimate Shield form.

Still Ihave to wonder if Father decided Greed needed an upgrade beyond a new body.

Maybe the power is always the same, or maybe it randomly generates a different power with every incarnation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.