Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 54 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Chiyo
But Ran-Fan is not with them anymore, we don't really know where she is as she was taken away by the Colonel and Riza. It might just be a 'hope they are all okay' moment.
kaizenyorii
shes in knox's house recuperating for now. anywho, automail surgury takes a really long time, like 3 years, and ed did it super fast and still took one year. so it could potentially mean the end of ran fans involvement in the manga for the near future
MasterKris
Mabye Ran-Fan might get healed quickly with those Xing magic? Like how Mei-chan did for Scar..
Sensenic
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 9 2005, 06:39 PM) [snapback]326682[/snapback]

@ Sensenic: you are soo adorable happy.gif

ohmy.gif *Blushes*
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 9 2005, 06:39 PM) [snapback]326682[/snapback]

and i will help when i can and try and keep track with you. and er..yea.... whats your first language?

La meva llengua materna Ús el catalÓ (Mother language - Catalan) y mi lengua paterna, es el castellano (Father - Spanish).
Why? happy.gif
QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Dec 9 2005, 10:50 PM) [snapback]326955[/snapback]

Sensenic, I hate it when you're right.

Then I shall do my best to be wrong hereafter...
tongue.gif
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 10 2005, 01:50 AM) [snapback]327081[/snapback]

shes in knox's house recuperating for now. anywho, automail surgury takes a really long time, like 3 years, and ed did it super fast and still took one year. so it could potentially mean the end of ran fans involvement in the manga for the near future

Yeah... T_T
\( `A┤)/ {It is unfair!!)

EDIT: Forgot to add:
Roy and Wrath: Chiyo, Kyo_Umerio, Qeomash and Reika (adding a Riza) - 4 (darn! caught up! >_<)

Scar and Mei Chan: Jellybean, kaizenyorii, Ladymercury et moi cool.gif - 4

Continue with Ed vs Father: Antimony, Aoko-chan, Frazzie, Landmine and sweetjanie. - 5

And:
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 10 2005, 02:06 AM) [snapback]327090[/snapback]

Mabye Ran-Fan might get healed quickly with those Xing magic? Like how Mei-chan did for Scar..

But you cannot build an arm out of nowhere. Maybe if they found Ranfan's arm Mei's Rentanjutsu would be able to reunite both... Who knows, maybe they'll start searching the slums for that dog before it realizes it's carrying food and eats it -yuck-... or maybe Wrath kept it as a souvenir from when he was fooled for the first time... laugh.gif

OT PS: kaizenyorii and Masterkris, laugh.gif at your tags!
Kyo_Umerio
@ Sensenic: i was just curious is all because i am pretty good at other languages...i took 2 years of spanish and can understand german... so yea i was just curious happy.gif

anyways to everyone else: yea... Ran Fan is in bed... and its been a bit since we have checked on her... so it could start with that.. or maybe go to something even crazier... such as.. "trouble for Maria Ross" XD!!! alot is possible ... soo... if you wanna start a new opening bet go ahead... pick a character and say thats who they are gonna start with...
SweetJanie
Heh, just noticed that me and Sensenic are neighbours! xD

Nah, you can be right, you're an inspiration to all of us... wub.gif *inspired*

...No edwin for me in the next 2 months? Or even more? T_T
kaizenyorii
we should hedge bets on who the next person in the manga to die is
Antimony
There was already some debate in one of the earlier chapter threads about whether Envy or Gluttony would die next. I don't think anybody will be kicking the proverbial bucket soon, but I've been wrong before.
theothersin
Yay! Bets!

Lemme see. They started chapter 52 with Roy and Pride. So I don't think it'd start from there again. I think it won't start with Ed and "Father"/ (possible) Hoho, that's what most of the focous is on so that'll probably be in the middle/end.

So my bet is Scar and Mei.

And as far as who kicks the bucket next -since it's only been discussed for the homonculi-, my vote will be for Scar. Not many characters that randomly show up (for the exception of the homonculi) have been around as long as him. I don't think he has a very large fan girl base either, so that gives him less chance to live.

Yes, fan-girls are life. Notice that characters that have very little or no fan-girls die earlier in the series? Of course that leaves Gluttony open to death's door too, but I think he'll have some importance to one of the characters later on, seeing how he's a attempted version of the Gate.
Kyo_Umerio
Roy and Wrath: Chiyo, Kyo_Umerio, Qeomash and Reika (adding a Riza) - 4

Scar and Mei Chan: Jellybean, kaizenyorii, Ladymercury, Sensenic, theothersin - 5

Continue with Ed vs Father: Antimony, Aoko-chan, Frazzie, Landmine and sweetjanie. - 5

@ theothersin: o.O;;; i think your theory is a bit out of whack to be honest... i dont think Arakawa-Sensei uses FanGirls to determine who lives of dies... cause Hughes has a flock and so does Greed... and alot of people without any fan girls are still alive.. soo...
Qeomash
The only fangirl that determines who lives or dies is Arakawa-sensei. biggrin.gif
Kirara
Scar and Mei-Chan should have 6 votes, I voted for them earlier in this thread. tongue.gif
Kimi-N-Ed
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3]OMFG! thats the raw version! biggrin.gif laugh.gif THANK YOU VERY MUCH![font=Book Antiqua][size=3]
Kirara
Well the Ed, Al, Father guessers were correct. That's all I am going to say. Except....LING OMG.
foofan_22
omfg... that was......
the last page...woah.
Need translation....now.
Kakashi
Greed? blink.gif Huge smile, Orobouros tatoo on the left hand? blink.gif
foofan_22
QUOTE(Kakashi @ Dec 10 2005, 11:30 AM) [snapback]327419[/snapback]

Greed? blink.gif

Makes sense to me....
Kanki
I read it too T___T LING! Nuuu! They [spoiler]They turned him into Greed, Bradley style![/spoiler] >.< Arakawa really knows how to make her fans go: WTF!!! Damn it....and the next chapter won't come out until January!

[spoiler]Just a thought, if Father needed a new Greed, does that mean he needs a new Lust too? o__OU Oh no! Riza! Winry! Hide them, quickly![/spoiler]

Edit: Nevermind, think I got the spoiler tags down.
Antimony
Whoa!! Another incredible chapter and a whole day early! I was right, it did pick up right where the last one left off in Father's lair. The first several pages have a lot of talking so I'm not sure of exactly what's happening, but let me say that we can finally bring the Hohenheim/Father debate to an end! Father really is a powerful alchemist, moreso then I ever imagined, and now something has happened to Ling that I never would have predicted! Can't wait to see the translations and find out the details of what's going on!
MasterKris
what the hect, What the hect, What The Hect, WHAT THE HECT, WHAT THE HECT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO MANY THINGS TO KNOW!! NEED TRANSLATIONS!!
[SPOILER]FIRST OFF, WHAT THE HECT?? LING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT LING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE TURNED INTO A HOMONCULUS!! NO!! THAT CAN'T BE HAPPENING!! And second, a weird contact with 'Father' and Ed... Just stares at them... NOW WE KNOW THAT 'FATHER' IS NOT HOHENHEIM!! I KNEW IT!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! NO ROY!! ARGH!! ANd Ed and Al can't use alchemy!! What the hect? 'Father' is very strong... now we know that... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!!
Rinslet
OMGWTF!!!

;O; *speechless*
theothersin
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Dec 9 2005, 11:32 PM) [snapback]327278[/snapback]

@ theothersin: o.O;;; i think your theory is a bit out of whack to be honest... i dont think Arakawa-Sensei uses FanGirls to determine who lives of dies... cause Hughes has a flock and so does Greed... and alot of people without any fan girls are still alive.. soo...

I can see that. But I do think fans at some point have some effect on the story. Not that the decision is compleatly based on what they think, or haw many fans a character has. I used the term fangirls because of thier...obsessiveness.
Oh, maybe I should of said that earlier? Oops. Hehe, made myself look like a idiot. Second time today. *bows* Please forgive the unexplained crack-pot theory of fangirls said earlier.

*Blink* Life is cruel. The raw won't open on my computor! I hate when I download things and my computor end up not being able to read it. *sigh* I'll wait for tomorrow then.
kaizenyorii
wow.......what a twist....
Qeomash
wacko.gif
Never saw it coming...Not the cliffhanger I was expecting!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!
Number 48
Oh wow....

[spoiler] The ending.... Now THAT's one of the reasons I love this series!

And father, my word....his third eye, his power...wow. Make me wonder if he is either something from beyond the gate or was able to connect directly to it somehow.

I wish Envy would change back soon. T_T This monster form is interesting and all, but I'm starting to miss the palm tree look.

[/spoiler]

Also, since I've only started following the manga only recently, how long is it usually between the time the raw is released and the scanlation is made available, or does it vary?
kaizenyorii
the english translation scans usually come out a day or 2 after the RAW, this is if you know where to look
Number 48
That soon? Wow...

I usually read over at the MSN site, but I can always scour for others. I'll just keep an eye out for when the people here start finding it. happy.gif
Landmine
Wow... Wow... There's really not much to say but wow. Didn't expect that...

[Spoiler]That Ling was going to become a Humonculus... I wonder if all the humonculus were... transformed that way (it's not confirmed how humonculus are created/transformed in the manga yet has it?) The third eye creeped me out *shudders* I need to watch more horror movies or something...[/spoiler]

Damnit, the next chapter comes out in a month... Another agonizing wait.

Oh well, still don't understand it all without the translations.
Reika
gods.. I'm like... I... in a cloud or something... Arakawa is really God... I didn't expect this by any chance...

[spoiler] LING!!!!!!!!! >.< T^T [/SPOILER]
Antimony
[spoiler] Looking back at the chapter where Greed died I think I can understand what happens in this chapter better. Father dissolved Greed's body and reduced his Philosopher Stone into a liquid, which he swallowed. He contained Greed's liquid stone inside his own body all the way up to now when he, er, "extracts" it and gives it to Ling. Thus Ling becomes a new homunculus in the same manner we saw with Bradley, via injection. But then Ling sees the former Greed's face while he is changing, suggesting that the he still exists and now is merged with Ling's body. Does the real Ling still exist, or has Greed overtaken him? Will he be loyal to Father or turn against him as he did before? Yargh, I wanna know![/spoiler]
Qeomash
[spoiler]So many questions...

Though, I bet at least for awhile Ed will be trying to save Ling, now, too.[/spoiler]
Chiyo
No, no no no no no nooooooo

[spoiler] for all we know he might have already lined people to be Lust, just to give Ed more hassle. And wasn't there a big guy a while back called Sloth? When will he appear?[/spoiler]

BTW I couldn't be bothered to download so I just read the spoilers...so excuse me if my question has already been answred
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Dec 10 2005, 06:17 PM) [snapback]327554[/snapback]

[spoiler] for all we know he might have already lined people to be Lust, just to give Ed more hassle. And wasn't there a big guy a while back called Sloth? When will he appear?[/spoiler]

BTW I couldn't be bothered to download so I just read the spoilers...so excuse me if my question has already been answred

hmmm...in the wake of these new happenings and now that we know theyre "replacable"..... suddenly riza becoming bradleys new assistant seems all the more dangeroussss *coughLUSTcough*
Antimony
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Dec 10 2005, 06:36 PM) [snapback]327579[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Dec 10 2005, 06:17 PM) [snapback]327554[/snapback]

hmmm...in the wake of these new happenings and now that we know theyre "replacable"..... suddenly riza becoming bradleys new assistant seems all the more dangeroussss *coughLUSTcough*

I dunno ... he didn't get to swallow Lust's stone because Roy destroyed it. If he were to make a new Lust he would have to get a new stone for her.

By the way, where do you think Hohenheim is going? It looks like he's up in the mountains. The only mountain range I remember is the Briggs Mts., between Amestris and Drachma. Ishbal and Xing are involved in the story already, it would be so cool if the other countries did, too!
Chiyo
Ah, good point Antimony, fears have been laid to rest now.

Or maybe thats what they want you to think? blink.gif Oh goodness I both love and loath this manga all at the same time.
MasterKris
I dunno ... he didn't get to swallow Lust's stone because Roy destroyed it. If he were to make a new Lust he would have to get a new stone for her.

Hey!! That makes sense!!
Then that means that a new Lust won't be happenin'
Reika
Gods no! Riza no! XD
SweetJanie
How... interesting. So, if Father isn't Hohenheim, why the resemblance? *can't understand japanese AT ALL* T_T Yes, you can pity me...

I think Greed's shape in Ling's mind is the form of greed as a sin, not the sin itself. Not that the sin was once human... I think that's why Wrath can age, because he was once human. All the others are completly creations, originals. But he can't create Lust again, because he made her from his own sin, his lust.

Ok, question about something different, why did Father killed all those people in the war for? And why does he want to do that again in Amestris? *forgot or never knew, can't tell* It's just that he was already this powerful before, so what does he still want?

By the way, I also can't really understand Hoho papa's doing's... what is he up to, fooling us gullible fans, by making us think he was Homu Dadday? ;_;
MasterKris
By the way, I also can't really understand Hoho papa's doing's... what is he up to, fooling us gullible fans, by making us think he was Homu Dadday? ;_;

laugh.gif

What we really need right now are translations...
haha! It was funny at the beginning how 'Father' inspected Ed and Al~
Landmine
QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Dec 10 2005, 07:24 PM) [snapback]327655[/snapback]

How... interesting. So, if Father isn't Hohenheim, why the resemblance? *can't understand japanese AT ALL* T_T Yes, you can pity me...

I think Greed's shape in Ling's mind is the form of greed as a sin, not the sin itself. Not that the sin was once human... I think that's why Wrath can age, because he was once human. All the others are completly creations, originals. But he can't create Lust again, because he made her from his own sin, his lust.

Ok, question about something different, why did Father killed all those people in the war for? And why does he want to do that again in Amestris? *forgot or never knew, can't tell* It's just that he was already this powerful before, so what does he still want?

World domination? tongue.gif You know it takes a lot of steps (and 200-300 years) to acheive that goal [world domination] tongue.gif

Yeah, I was thinking Ling was swallowed by his own greed O_o... Or his soul...

Father can't create a new Lust but he could probably make a new stone... And drink it or inject it into someone after he... melts it? Maybe he'll try to produce the stone in the north (for some unknown reason) and maybe Father is Hoho's mistake of some sort and he's trying to intercept him? I remember reading about an interview with Arakawa about FMA going to the north.

I think I'm thinking too much about this ^^;;;
Singhay
QUOTE(Antimony @ Dec 10 2005, 01:05 PM) [snapback]327433[/snapback]

Whoa!! Another incredible chapter and a whole day early! I was right, it did pick up right where the last one left off in Father's lair. The first several pages have a lot of talking so I'm not sure of exactly what's happening, but let me say that we can finally bring the Hohenheim/Father debate to an end! Father really is a powerful alchemist, moreso then I ever imagined, and now something has happened to Ling that I never would have predicted! Can't wait to see the translations and find out the details of what's going on!

Its not a day early, in Japan its already the 11th. Theyre about 12 hours ahead of us in time depending where you live. Land of the rising Sun, cmon now.
Sensenic
First of all... Sorry for the spoiler av, but I was thinking of changing it anyway, and this, and this.... [enter fanboy mode]UWOOO!!! XO

This manga is sheer Genius!! Arakawa sensei is sheer Genius! UHOHH!![/enter fanboy mode]
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 10 2005, 11:29 PM) [snapback]327529[/snapback]

That Ling was going to become a Humonculus... I wonder if all the humonculus were... transformed that way (it's not confirmed how humonculus are created/transformed in the manga yet has it?)

Nope. The others were specifically hand-made, built around the stone by Father. Or so did Lust say.
QUOTE(Landmine @ Dec 10 2005, 11:29 PM) [snapback]327529[/snapback]
The third eye creeped me out *shudders* I need to watch more horror movies or something...

Which remembers me Arakawa did say she wanted to make a B-Movie like manga. Your comment proves her successful (more or less), at least with you. Yey, guess she'd be glad happy.gif
QUOTE(Antimony @ Dec 11 2005, 12:42 AM) [snapback]327583[/snapback]

By the way, where do you think Hohenheim is going? It looks like he's up in the mountains. The only mountain range I remember is the Briggs Mts., between Amestris and Drachma. Ishbal and Xing are involved in the story already, it would be so cool if the other countries did, too!

So did Arakawa say: that the action is moving North. Therefore, I guess, yeah, the man's going north, to the Briggs mountains.
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 11 2005, 02:53 AM) [snapback]327674[/snapback]

What we really need right now are translations...

YESS!!! GAHHHARRHH!!!

On what I can say...
[spoiler]First Father is surprised because human people were actually able to get out of Gluttony by themselves. Later, he was surprised to find out Hoho had had children (apparently he didn't even know if the guy was alive). He cured Ed and repaired Al because they're human sacrifices. They asked him to heal Ling but... he's afraid of him because he ain't human... He has the same eyes and whatever as the hommunculi... Then we go back more or less to "what are you monsters" blah blah, and then Father says he thinks the same about humans (I believe. More or less same as Wrath and Roy last chapter).
Fight ensues, Ed pretends to attack Envy but actually attacks Father (making that cool pointing gesture), and Al says "you really have matured, niisan"(Waaai! happy.gif). Father does the alchemy-nullify-whatsoever maneuver, then Hoho scene where I only get that he's going to an X marked spot in some mountain where, according to the guide, there's nothing there.
Back to the thing, Father thinks of the possibility of making Ling join their side ("interesting", he says) takes the stone out of that "eye" -yuck- (the theory about him being the stone himself, might be true indeed, after all this. Hmm...) and, well, no need for words. Envy tells Ed about that thing that if the body rejects the stone, it'll die, blah, blah... Ed tries to save Ling with Da Gun (hey, nullifying alchemy was a good plot tool to give it a bigger role. Too bad this time didn't get it either sad.gif) but... Ling says, explicitly: "Wait Ed! I'm fine with it. Don't help me!" ohmy.gif And this, me friends be the only ligh of hope for him... But a Big One Indeed!
He goes on "Whatever happens don't help me!". Metamorphosis starts... in pain, Ling, again, "Don't... help... me...". Then he says "I was/am thinking 'Who am I?'... I am the man who will become the Emperor of Xing Ling Ya...ooOOOOAARRGGHH!!!"
Then Greed himself, whose soul is still alive within the stone!! says sth like "oh!, what's this kid? I might use your body" whatsoever... Then Ling screams "This body... I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU!!"
In the end, Greed is thanking Father, in his cool way, for giving him birth again in a new body.

So... conclusion: Good ol' Greed is back, and with Ling's body!!! Plus, Ling agrees with it for some unknown reason!!! And we know he aten't dead, he's become just one more soul into the stone. There is Hope, my fellow Ling fans, there is Hope!
[/spoiler]
OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!!
MasterKris
First of all... Sorry for the spoiler av, but I was thinking of changing it anyway, and this, and this.... [enter fanboy mode]UWOOO!!! XO

Some people might think it's a fanart... or mabye not...
I also want to know what Ling was saying to Ed before he turned into a homonculus...

My scream thoughout the forum again now... please don't mind...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS NEVER EXPECTING THIS!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! LING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aoko-chan
OMG!!!!!!! [spoiler]WTF happened to Ling now?!!!! Hope he's still Okay~~ Hope Greed is still against Father~~~ Why the hell did Ling accept?!! NOOOOOOOOOO

Hohenheim to the rescue??? Pleeeassseee Hohenheim~~~[/spoiler]

gosh.. I can't wait til NEXT month *sulks, cries, wails, etc*
ElvishVamp
My reaction: See avatar.

For a chapter that was half conversations I didn't really understand, a lot happened! To be honest, I don't know whether I should feel sorry for Ling or not. I mean, it was at least partially his fault for accepting...

Did anyone else notice that all the homunculus including those that were formorly human have black hair? No clue what that could mean, but Ed did mention something like that earlier...

I doubt anyone else really cares about this but... Hohenhiem's name isn't Elric?
Aoko-chan
QUOTE(ElvishVamp @ Dec 11 2005, 11:53 AM) [snapback]327744[/snapback]

My reaction: See avatar.

For a chapter that was half conversations I didn't really understand, a lot happened! To be honest, I don't know whether I should feel sorry for Ling or not. I mean, it was at least partially his fault for accepting...

I doubt anyone else really cares about this but... Hohenhiem's name isn't Elric?

I noticed that too. . .that hoho's name isn't Elric..then, whose name does 'Elric' belong to O.o (excluding Ed Al and Trisha)

ne.. Why did Father want Ling to be a Homonculus?
ElvishVamp
I guess since Ed and Al's name is Elric, I just kind of assumed Hohopapa's name was Elric too, but they said it was from their mother's side aka Trisha. We don't know anything about anyone related to Trisha besides her sons. Anyone else think this might come back later? *begins rethinking her conspiracy theory...*
Kirara
We knew before this chapter that Hohenheim wasn't an "Elric". In fact Hohenheim is his last name, his full name is Van Hohenheim. Ed calls him this in chapter. 42.

Though you are right it is possible that Ed and Al have more relatives somewhere out there (I now have that song in my head). tongue.gif
Singhay
QUOTE(Kirara @ Dec 10 2005, 11:35 PM) [snapback]327780[/snapback]

We knew before this chapter that Hohenheim wasn't an "Elric". In fact Hohenheim is his last name, his full name is Van Hohenheim. Ed calls him this in chapter. 42.

Though you are right it is possible that Ed and Al have more relatives somewhere out there (I now have that song in my head). tongue.gif

Thats not so. "Van" in european names pretty much mean "of". So his full name could be (in western order) Hohenheim Van Elric (Hohenheim of Elric). Hohenheim means High Home soo... High Home of Elric? Sweet name I think, Hohenheim that is.

Think of Vincent Van Goe(sp?) or Dick Van Dyke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.