Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An FMA Live Action Movie?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Chibi-Usa
ETA: 4/7/2011 This thread has been expanded to include not only the casting of an FMA Live Action movie, but the other aspects of making such a movie, too. So casting, as well as real well-known script writers, studios and anything else to do with a Hollywood produced FMA Live Action movie can now be discussed here. happy.gif

So, changing the thread title and description from And Starring As ...Who should play FMA characters? to An FMA Live Action Movie? Your thoughts on casting, script-writers, directors etc ~ Board Staff

Well with Aeon Flux turned into a live action and all, I was wondering, maybe they could do the same thing with Full Metal Alchemist!And I was thinking of who would play what part, and I just couldn't stop thinking, "Brad Pitt could be Havoc,Brad Pitt could be Havoc!"Who do you think would play the parts?

<Editing and adding "should play FMA characters??" to subtitle to more clearly describe the content of the thread. Also, moving the thread from FMA Anime forum to FMA Character Discussion forum. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>
Wyrd_Raven
The real problem is who would Ed and Al.

Though Armstrong would be interesting to portray.

I would vote for Sean Connery as King Bradley though.
Molecular Alchemist
I was actually going to come in screaming "NO BRAD PITT!!!!", but I guess he does have potential of making a decent Havok... But Wyrd_Raven's right..the real problem IS Ed and Al..because off the top of my head, I really can't think of anyone who can act well enough...and (after seeing those Star Wars prequels), I'm willing to bet that the liklihood of finding teenagers/kids who are capable of pulling off such complex roles is slim to none.

I don't know her name...but that girl who played "Gogo' in Kill Bill 1 would make a pretty cool Lyra, I think. laugh.gif
Automne
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist Posted Today @ 12:16 PM)
I don't know her name...but that girl who played "Gogo' in Kill Bill 1 would make a pretty cool Lyra, I think.

Ah, Chiaki Kuriyama! ohmy.gif She was great as Gogo! She would do a good Lyra!Dante...Just gotta dress Dante with a schoolgirl uniform since Chiaki only played schoolgirls by now! XD Teh sexyness...

I still think Daniel Day Lewis would make a great King Bradley <o< Hum...Monica Belluci as Lust perhaps? Envy would certainly have to be played by a girl...Ah now that I think about it I would love to see Chiaki as him just to see the result.

I can't see who would make a good Ed (But what is sure is that we need a small actor ~_~)...We would only need a big suit of armor for Al, ne?

Animeoldtimer
I typically vote for unknowns (but good actors) for movies such as these. Often, to me at least, when there is someone really famous in a part I think of them as the famous so-in-so. Although, Angela Jolie might make a good "Lust."

I do agree that it would be difficult to find a teen actor who would act well enough to play Ed or Al.
Molecular Alchemist
^^Yes, unknowns would be best in these types of roles (that's what made Lord of the Rings soo great)....I mean, no one wants to go in seeing all of Hollywood in a movie. AND....if Tom Cruise gets cast as Mustang*in our movie*...someone will DIE! mad.gif

Angelina Jolie as Lust? hmmm....I'd concider it....she does have the body to play the part...but I hear the name and all that I think of is Tomb Raider....and then Lust isn't "Lust" anymore...she's AJ in a dress that she prob wore to the Academy awards last year...hehehehe tongue.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 22 2005, 01:41 PM) [snapback]318352[/snapback]

^^Yes, unknowns would be best in these types of roles (that's what made Lord of the Rings soo great)....I mean, no one wants to go in seeing all of Hollywood in a movie. AND....if Tom Cruise gets cast as Mustang*in our movie*...someone will DIE! mad.gif

LOL!! XDDDDD

I have to take some time to come up with casts, but this is fun!! laugh.gif
anime_manga_fan
I can kinda think that Lindsay Lohan could play the part of Whinry *gets shot*

Either that or Hilary Duff (Even though I hate her...)
Chibi-Usa
For I think it could be those girls or Amanda binds.
Phyco girl
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Nov 23 2005, 11:54 AM) [snapback]318702[/snapback]

For I think it could be those girls or Amanda binds.

Oh god no...

Is this where we can call for another unknown? Sorry, but seeing any of those people as Winry (Lindsay or Hillary especially) would just ruin Haragen for me. Plus seeing anyone as Ed would just... sorry but I'd probably keel over sad.gif. Personally and thankfully I doubt very much Haragen would ever be made into a live action movie rolleyes.gif. Though it would be an interesting .... event and would stir up some drama among fans.

But wait... those are also bad things ph34r.gif. It's a unique idea though unsure.gif (now I'm just being repetitive).
Chibi-Usa
Yea, you're probaly right about the amanda thing, but, and just bare with me now, how about Johnny Depp for Greed?*cringes for fear of flames*
Carnal Malefactor
It's too horrible to even think about. Yuk.
Tombow
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Nov 23 2005, 12:56 PM) [snapback]318721[/snapback]

...how about Johnny Depp for Greed?*cringes for fear of flames*

Uhem.... *try to find kinder word to put it*
That will ruin my image of Greed forever.. that's all I'm saying. laugh.gif
Nepharski
Alphonse Elric - Haley Joel Osment
Trisha Elric/Sloth - Cate Blanchette
Greed - Hugo Weaving (It could totally work!)
Armstrong - Patrick Stewart (...Maybe. The voice, anyway)

If They were still in their younger years, I would totally hire Sean Connery and Christopher Lee for Fuhrer King Bradley and Colonel Frank Archer (Respectively).

Ed_Elric_Fan
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Nov 23 2005, 10:56 AM) [snapback]318721[/snapback]

how about Johnny Depp for Greed?*cringes for fear of flames*

I love Johnny Depp,but him as Greed...well, that wouldn't be very good.
Mustang_2
Well if someone went around to all of the high schools or held auditions for high school students around that age or looks that age, there are some people with that sort of attitude. I mean the people that act at the high schools really can act. But then again it would have to be the right guy.
Tombow
I suggest:

Ralph Fiennes as Lieutenant Colonel Frank Archer
[attachmentid=2838]-------[attachmentid=2839]
He already played (beside many other movie roles) the German commandant of Jewish concentration camp in Schindler's List, a very cold-hearted charactor, and he did an excellent job.
anonymouse
I'm thinking:

Crispin Glover as Tucker

Mandy Patinkin as Marcoh
Nepharski
QUOTE(Mustang_2 @ Nov 23 2005, 03:32 PM) [snapback]318866[/snapback]

Well if someone went around to all of the high schools or held auditions for high school students around that age or looks that age, there are some people with that sort of attitude. I mean the people that act at the high schools really can act. But then again it would have to be the right guy.

That's the other guy I was thinking of for Archer, because I heard he played Voldemort recently, so he's got the pale, evil guy role down pat.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 24 2005, 03:38 PM) [snapback]319289[/snapback]

That's the other guy I was thinking of for Archer, because I heard he played Voldemort recently, so he's got the pale, evil guy role down pat.

Yap, he's the Lord Voldemort in the newest Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(I saw the movie this week, yay!! happy.gif)
Molecular Alchemist
^^Yeah, he definatly looks the part..hehehe! But Raplhy has a very nasal-voice..we would have to send him to many diction classes before we could award him the rold as Archer. tongue.gif (still need to find time to watch Hp movie....why is my schedule so overbooked???....arrghhhh)
Full Metal Elf
Live action would be awesome....if it didn't ruin FMA. But I agree that we need the perfect Ed and Al before we do anything with it. If they can't find the right person to play Ed or Al...then it would be ruined. And of course the Homunculi need to be good...hmmm....this could be interesting wink.gif.
Nepharski
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 25 2005, 01:14 PM) [snapback]319654[/snapback]

Live action would be awesome....if it didn't ruin FMA. But I agree that we need the perfect Ed and Al before we do anything with it. If they can't find the right person to play Ed or Al...then it would be ruined. And of course the Homunculi need to be good...hmmm....this could be interesting wink.gif.

Lust - Keira Knightly
Sloth - Cate Blanchette
Pride - Sean Connery
TheVileOne
I don't think Fullmetal Alchemist could ever work as a live action movie. Hollywood would just screw it up. Aeon Flux looks to be all style and not much else.
anonymouse
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 26 2005, 06:20 PM) [snapback]320048[/snapback]
Lust - Keira Knightly

I think she's too petite for Lust. If I had to pick someone for Knightley, I'd go with Hawkeye.
Jay
Me and a few friends are having an interesting (and nerdified) discussion.

Would Christian Bale (of Batman Begins fame) play a good Roy Mustang in a live action FMA movie?

Opinions?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Jay @ Nov 27 2005, 02:08 AM) [snapback]320279[/snapback]

Me and a few friends are having an interesting (and nerdified) discussion.

Would Christian Bale (of Batman Begins fame) play a good Roy Mustang in a live action FMA movie?

Opinions?

Yes.
Nepharski
QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 26 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]320151[/snapback]

Lust - Keira Knightly

I think she's too petite for Lust. If I had to pick someone for Knightley, I'd go with Hawkeye.

Yeah, probably. I was only thinking about the sins though.

QUOTE(Jay @ Nov 26 2005, 11:08 PM) [snapback]320279[/snapback]

Yes.

If we could somehow de-age Christopher Lee until he was in his Man With The Golden Gun years, he would be great as Archer.

And as I said before, Haley Joel Osment would be good as Alphonse.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 27 2005, 01:16 PM) [snapback]320359[/snapback]

QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 26 2005, 07:26 PM) [snapback]320151[/snapback]

Lust - Keira Knightly

Yeah, probably. I was only thinking about the sins though.

QUOTE(Jay @ Nov 26 2005, 11:08 PM) [snapback]320279[/snapback]

Yes.

If we could somehow de-age Christopher Lee until he was in his Man With The Golden Gun years, he would be great as Archer.

And as I said before, Haley Joel Osment would be good as Alphonse.

Isn't Osment like 19 now? huh.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 27 2005, 10:22 PM) [snapback]320822[/snapback]
Isn't Osment like 19 now? huh.gif

...I really have no idea. I was basing it off his age in Secondhand Lions, much like I based Christopher Lee off The Man With the Golden Gun.

This is the ideal cast, not the realistic.
Dingbat
Osment as Alphonse would be good. The kid feels like him already XD And I'm loving the thought of Christian Bale as Roy, though Roy is vertically challenged in the slightest bit.
Jay
that's weird .. wonder where my original post is ... and why it's listed as someone else started this topic ... i mean it's no biggie, just weird.
and i think unknowns are good for starring roles. it's been working great so far.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Jay @ Nov 28 2005, 09:19 PM) [snapback]321287[/snapback]

that's weird .. wonder where my original post is ... and why it's listed as someone else started this topic ... i mean it's no biggie, just weird.
and i think unknowns are good for starring roles. it's been working great so far.

I merged your topic because it was a redundancy.
Jay
eh ... well okay then. I guess.
Ed-Elric
why dont they use the guy as al in the english one to be al in the live one he sounds right and is 12 and is a good voice actor

the armor should be a computer effect
Antimony
I've never seen Aaron Dismuke's face, so I have no idea how he would compare to human Al. But Armor Al doesn't need to be 3D computer image, he could be played by a man in a suit with his young voice dubbed in later. They used this trick in the Star Wars movies for Chewbacca, Darth Vader, R2D2 and several other characters. For scenes when Al's armor needs to be empty, that's when the computer effects would be useful.
kokoro_shadow_angel
know who i wanna see? (note: not all actors/actresses come from the united states)

Maes Hughes - Edison Chen (Hong Kong actor/singer...grew up in Canada...speaks English better than Chinese...he's got the perfect smile and giggly happy look that hughes has)

Tombow
QUOTE(kokoro_shadow_angel @ Nov 30 2005, 06:14 PM) [snapback]322155[/snapback]

know who i wanna see? (note: not all actors/actresses come from the united states)

Maes Hughes - Edison Chen (Hong Kong actor/singer...grew up in Canada...speaks English better than Chinese...he's got the perfect smile and giggly happy look that hughes has)

I don't know the guy, but I found some pictures of him. happy.gif

Edison Chen
[attachmentid=2882]

Or, this one.
[attachmentid=2883]

kokoro_shadow_angel
LoLs...well, he does look pretty young for hughes...but i think he suits the part rather well ^^...he even kinda looks like him if you ask me

isn't edison so cute? wub.gif
Fullmetal_Bastard
live action would suck. FMA is just a bit too over the top. Its already great as an anime and manga.
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(Fullmetal_Bastard @ Dec 3 2005, 01:02 AM) [snapback]323430[/snapback]

live action would suck. FMA is just a bit too over the top. Its already great as an anime and manga.

i gotta admit, you do have a point there...

live action turned sailor moon into an EXTREMELY CHEESY version of power rangers...

but its still pretty fun to see which actors would best match which roles biggrin.gif
anime_manga_fan
I can kinda see Drew Barrymore as Riza Hawkeye...
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i've never seen Aaron Dismuke's face either T.T

hmm just a thought but i saw a anime magizine that Jessie Mc Cartney looks like Edo-kun and he sort of does Oo

IPB Image

IPB Image

* ish also waiting for flames* rolleyes.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(ed @ Dec 8 2005, 06:14 PM) [snapback]326380[/snapback]

...hmm just a thought but i saw a anime magizine that Jessie Mc Cartney looks like Edo-kun and he sort of does Oo

But, the big question is...Is he short enough to play Ed??? laugh.gif
blackrider76
i dont think live action is a good idea
i mean its going to end up like the NGE live action movie
Roi Moustang
Yeha normally live action does suck (Aeon Sucks i mean Fleux). But with the right directors like Peter Jackson it could be a pretty good movie. O and by the way there is no one that could play Ed. Just to let you all know!! And also to make a movie a hit you have to have Morgan Freeman in it, if not then it will suck !!!! smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Roi Moustang @ Jan 5 2006, 05:15 AM) [snapback]337084[/snapback]

Yeha normally live action does suck (Aeon Sucks i mean Fleux). But with the right directors like Peter Jackson it could be a pretty good movie. O and by the way there is no one that could play Ed. Just to let you all know!! And also to make a movie a hit you have to have Morgan Freeman in it, if not then it will suck !!!! smile.gif

I think you have apoint there.. smile.gif
And, I think Morgan Freeman is a good idea. He'll probably give depth to the movie!!
I know he's not white, but how about him as the General of the East HQ (Roy Mustang's boss) with some expanded roles, and some quiet and meaningful conversation scenes with Mustang over a chess board. happy.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 9 2005, 02:55 AM) [snapback]326618[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Dec 8 2005, 06:14 PM) [snapback]326380[/snapback]

...hmm just a thought but i saw a anime magizine that Jessie Mc Cartney looks like Edo-kun and he sort of does Oo

But, the big question is...Is he short enough to play Ed??? laugh.gif

ahh true true XXD
Roi Moustang
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 5 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]337134[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roi Moustang @ Jan 5 2006, 05:15 AM) [snapback]337084[/snapback]

I think you have apoint there.. smile.gif
And, I think Morgan Freeman is a good idea. He'll probably give depth to the movie!!
I know he's not white, but how about him as the General of the East HQ (Roy Mustang's boss) with some expanded roles, and some quiet and meaningful conversation scenes with Mustang over a chess board. happy.gif

Yeah, even though he is isnt the color real General he would still play a good General... Morgan Freeman with control over the lives of others, man that would be a great role
Luna Alchemist
Me and my brother tried thinking about this sort of thing :

Izumi Curtis - Katey Sagal
Shou Tucker - Brent Spiner
Nina Tucker -(The girl who plays Rose in 'Invasion') - Picture
Father Cornello - Patrick Stewart
Psiren- Michelle Pfeiffer
Nash Triham - Micheal Keaton
Doctor Tim Marcoh - Michael Palin
Mäes Hughes - Brendon Fraser
Jean Havoc - Nick Stahl
Kain Fuery - Elijah Wood
Basque Grand - Ving Rhames
Denny Brosh - Zach Braff
Frank Archer- Christopher Walken
Hoenheim of Light - Liam Neeson
Gluttony - Matt Lucas
Greed - Johnny Depp
Fuhrer King Bradley/Pride - George Clooney

Thats the list we came up with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.