Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 2
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
anime lover girl
hey kingdom hearts 2 any body excited!!!
Aqua_Alchemist
Yup it looks pretty good, I don't actually own a PS2 (but hopefully I will be getting one of those PStwo things when they come out in November), my cousin does so I play round at her house. I really liked the first one, despite the fact of despising Disney these days (I mean their films don't actually have any magic these days, they are just plain rubbish), but a SE partnership was real cool. Isn't there a GBA game coming out as well, I might get round to buying one of those DS things when they come out and playing that on it. (sooo many things to buy....I've got to start building my new PC soon).
Omakase Shimasu
I've played the first. 't was good, though I didn't really feel comfortable with the whole Disney theme. *shrug* It was enjoyable though. Haha, I guess the most fun was getting the Winnie the Pooh book back in order. biggrin.gif I love that bear. Hmmm... I'm kind of stuck with the Sora vs Rikku fight after the Sleeping Beauty dragon fight. <__< Man, that Rikku's nasty. (I'm playing the hard version so I can get the secret ending biggrin.gif)

I'd like to have the second though... those two new players. The blonde (the boy - I just like blonde btter than blond - sounds very Dutch -__-;;) reminds me of Seifer...

Um, maybe this should've been placed in the Squaresoft thread? tongue.gif
Ailuro
Hmm.. I thought to get the secret ending you just have to complete all the worlds and save all 99 puppies. Nothing about having to beat it on hard mode.
Omakase Shimasu
blink.gif Really? Than all my frustrations because of that booger hard-mode Rikku had been for nothing? X( (<--- ugly face) Now I'm not happy.
Beowulf
That and pass Hades cup.
wolfi1412
then you got this 'secret' ending thing.. after the credits.. (YES, the long and boring credits.. )
Ailuro
I've seen the secret ending. Its soo coool.. @o@
Riku's all like whoosh. And the Duel-Wielder is all fwoosh. And the rain drops.. >w< And the lights and the falling and the jumping and the running up the building..
Well, you'll understand when you see it. x3
AoiSora
I love the first one, and I very excited about the sequel! I loved it so much, I just had to get the Final Mix version. I guess I will have Chain of Memories to hold me over until KH2 comes out.

This made me realize that then you like something enough, things that bother other people don't bother you. Like the camera. It didn't really bother me.

But I did like the new enemies in Final Mix. Getting all the different Goos to make the Ultimate Weapons was cool too. My only complaint is that Divine Rose (the key Belle gives you) became the best weapon (minus Ultima). Even Oblivion and the One-Winged-Angel was weaker. But then again OWA-key has a killer critical rate!
Ailuro
I've never played the Final Mix version of the game. Is it that much of a difference from the original?
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Beowulf @ Sep 24 2004, 11:04 PM)
That and pass Hades cup.

Um, I gather the Hades cup is only available after you beat the Sora vs. Rikku fight? Cuz I haven't seen any announcements for this tournament yet.

laugh.gif Love your avatar Beowulf!

The Final Mix? I thought it was something like the improved version of the Zelda games. Dungeons become more difficult and bosses are tougher. And items would be replaced. Basically a whole different game if you don't count the actual plot. biggrin.gif
wolfi1412
what's the Final Mix
Omakase Shimasu
Hmm, maybe can find something on IGN.com... OK, got something for you, copied from IGN:

Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix

Two major story tellers join forces in the new Squaresoft/ Disney Interactive title Kingdom Hearts for the PlayStation 2. Battles take place in real-time, and implement elements from classic Squaresoft RPGs such as experience levels, magic, item use, and more.

The Japanese re-release of the game in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix featured the English voice acting tracks and added 3 difficulty levels, a new camera system, a cut-scene skip feature, slight level design changes and stage additions, and a trailer for Final Fantasy X-2. It also included either a special music CD or a deck of Kingdom Hearts cards as part of its Limited Edition on the first day of release, and was also available in a Platinum Edition with stickers, a calendar of ary by Tetsuya Nomura, and a figurine of Sora.
Chibi Viki
from what i heard, since KH in Japan didn't include the unlockable Sephiroth in the end... they made another KH with a few hidden scenarios like Sephiroth vs. Cloud (again)...

KH2, so far, has Auron as an additional character... i hope cloud and the others will also be there still...

mickey mouse in jedi action rocks!
RolfKaese
laugh.gif exactly what i thought after ive seen some trailers.. Jedi-Mickey XD
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif

I think the character designs have improved if you take into consideration the years that have undoubtedly passed. I'm just curious about those two characters with Sora, that "replaced" (seems so, dunno for sure) Kairi and Rikku...?

Hmmm, I hope the FFVII & FFVIII will still be there as well. *__* Although I have the feeling that this won't be the case. -___-;;
RolfKaese
Sora's new Outfit is cool :>
and i hope cloud is still in the game ^^ since its the year of ff 7.. xD
Omakase Shimasu
Haha, Cloud's only allowed if Leon can join! tongue.gif And... only Cloud, Rolfie? No Aeris or Yuffie?
Chibi Viki
no confirmation yet if ff7/8/10 chars are still there... only auron. at first there was news that disney chars will be gone in KH2, thus the really serious scene in the KH secret ending.

but apparently, disney is making money out of this so... can't let a great franchise go to waste.

there are new keyblade wielders... the 2-bladers look cool.
Omakase Shimasu
Aaw, Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts if it weren't for the Disney Characters. rolleyes.gif Yes, it's all about the money.

Like I said, that new blonde guy reminds me of Seifer. *__* Wonder what his role in this game will be? And isn't that girl supposed to be Kairi? O_o
RolfKaese
dual key wielders? which girl? post screens, plz *__*
Omakase Shimasu
The "Local Badguy":

IPB Image

And the "Girl":

IPB Image

And the "Dual Keyblade Wielder" vs. "Local Badguy":

IPB Image

EDIT: ..rectified silly mistake. biggrin.gif;;
Kakashi
I recently bought a copy of Final Mix...It was great...

Oh and I heard that "Dual-Keyblade Wielder"'s name is Axel. ohmy.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Axel? (thinks Streets of Rage) biggrin.gif I think the name suits him. Is he also from a former FF game?
wolfi1412
Kingdom Hearts is really a mix between Disney and Final Fantasy characters.. and the blonde haired kid was using 2 keyblades that we got from Kingdom Hearts the first one. I think it's oblivion and um... dunno forgot, it's on kingdomhearts2.net
Omakase Shimasu
Hehe, anybody know anything about "Local Badguy"? biggrin.gif He looks cool, don't you think? (especially in the third picture *__*)
wolfi1412
don't think he's one of the Heartless....
Kakashi
QUOTE(Kakashi @ Sep 25 2004, 07:47 PM)
I recently bought a copy of Final Mix...It was great...

Oh and I heard that "Dual-Keyblade Wielder"'s name is Axel.  ohmy.gif

(its fun quoting myself...)
Oh by the way I mean't Axel as the red hair kid if any of you got confused.
wolfi1412
the guy with round blades?
AoiSora
Yeah the Red head is Axel, and The Duel Wielder is holding Oblivion and Oathkeeper (the key that Kairi gives Sora! Give it Back NOW!!)

And the girl? Who knows? People keep thinking it is Kairi, but we don't really know. I mean in the first speical ending Kairi is shown on the island with longer hair, but it is all still speculation.

As for returning characters the voice actors Quoted from another forum:

"Besides the standard Osment and Panettiere (still no sign of Gallagher or Zane), we'll also be treated to Scott Weigner in a returning role as Aladdin, Jonathan Freeman returning as Jafar, James Woods returning as Hades, BD Wong will play Li Shang again, Ming-Na will be Mulan again, and some guy called Mark Mosley will play Mushu (no Eddie Murphy :<),
Also, David Boreanaz is back as Leon, and Hedy Buress is listed as Yuna. "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390163/

But some of this cast is still not confirmed. So here’s to hoping!
Chibi Viki
"Besides the standard Osment and Panettiere (still no sign of Gallagher or Zane), we'll also be treated to Scott Weigner in a returning role as Aladdin, Jonathan Freeman returning as Jafar, James Woods returning as Hades, BD Wong will play Li Shang again, Ming-Na will be Mulan again, and some guy called Mark Mosley will play Mushu (no Eddie Murphy :<),
Also, David Boreanaz is back as Leon, and Hedy Buress is listed as Yuna. "

Oh cool! the mulan characters finally made it to KH! now I'm really looking forward to playing KH2.

Yuna?! bah! oh well, as long as it's not rinoa then... (hmmm... mandy moore not on list, uh-oh, no aerith? T_T)
Omakase Shimasu
Leon's back~ T_T Hopefully.
AoiSora
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 26 2004, 08:35 AM)
Oh cool! the mulan characters finally made it to KH! now I'm really looking forward to playing KH2.

IPB Image

Yeah they are in the game
Omakase Shimasu
Now they look exactly like in the animated movie. biggrin.gif Now where's that little red dragon? Can't make characters without including that lil' guy! laugh.gif He always cracked me up.
AoiSora
IPB Image

Yeah, he is there too!
Quistis88
OHHHH!!! It's AURON! I LOVE AURON!!!!

Not in that way, but I'm very glad that one of the coolest characters in FF is going to be in KHII! I haven't actually finished KHI, but I'm getting there . . . ! tongue.gif
AoiSora
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 27 2004, 12:15 AM)
OHHHH!!!  It's AURON!  I LOVE AURON!!!!

Not in that way, but I'm very glad that one of the coolest characters in FF is going to be in KHII!  I haven't actually finished KHI, but I'm getting there . . . !   tongue.gif

You... haven't....finished...yet??? I have finished at least 5 times! (one original japanese, 2 english, 2 final mix)
wolfi1412
Got a pic of Auron there???

YEAH!!!! Mushu's there!
AoiSora
IPB Image

sure do!
wolfi1412
OH my God!!!!!!!!! is it just me or he looks extremely cool there?!?!?!??!
AoiSora
yeah, he is an early artical on it. It shows Auron in the "usual" Auron pose. It is to big to post, so here is the link.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/propaganda/kh2002.jpg
RolfKaese
the pic doesnt work for me.. always getting to the index page.. -.-;;
AoiSora
Sorry about that. I will try to find it at a better place. But if you love Auron, you guys have to see the new Tokyo Game Show Trailer. The quatily is not so great, but it shows you new scenes. And one where Auron "saves" Sora and Co. from Hades and his puppy! laugh.gif
Chibi Viki
is that trailer the one with (jedi) mickey in the end?
AoiSora
No it is the NEW new one from the Tokyo Game Show (their version of E3). It just came out the other day. Near the end there is this part where Auron shows up to "save" Sora and Co. It is really coolio how he fights Hades and Cerburus.
Chibi Viki
Hades is the coolest disney villain second only to lion king's scar! smile.gif hehehe, i enjoyed seeing hades more than i enjoyed hercules and his girl (didn't like her).
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(AoiSora @ Sep 27 2004, 05:47 AM)
yeah, he is an early artical on it.  It shows Auron in the "usual" Auron pose.  It is to big to post, so here is the link.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kh2/propaganda/kh2002.jpg

Hopefully this is a typo, but in one of these site's descriptions they say "Sora in fighting stance" while showing a picture of the "Dual Keyblade Wielder" & "Axel". biggrin.gif 'Sup?
Quistis88
I haven't finished the game because I'm an over-achiever and do not have the time. sad.gif Haha.
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 28 2004, 05:11 PM)
I haven't finished the game because I'm an over-achiever and do not have the time.   sad.gif  Haha.

huh? Kingdom Hearts 2 is not out yet...
RolfKaese
I think he/she meant KH 1 ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.