Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would You Want To Open A Talk-back Thread For Remaining Fma Episode?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Thanks FullMetalAlchemist01FAN!! happy.gif

So, the list is all filled now, and once again, as the public service announcement, here is the final list of designated talk-back thread starters. smile.gif

List of designated thread hosts to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes: (Up to episode 50.)

Ep 37: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 38: TheVileOne
Ep 39: TheVileOne
Ep 40: Nepharski
Ep 41: Nepharski
Ep 42: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 43:
Ep 44: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 45: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

"Thank you" to all those who volunteered to be the talk-back thread hosts!! smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
isnt there a episode 51 also?
Mikage_Elric
I'll take Ep. 51 if no one claims it?
JoshP1389
How about reading the posts first before one of you decide who gets 51?*

This should be stickied to avoid future mistakes and claims.
Mikage_Elric
i was wondering...that's all. *looks sad*
Tombow
Ok, after two consecutive weeks of "mishaps", desparate situation calls for some desparate measures, I think.

So, here is my suggestion to all designated talk-back thread hosts for upcoming FMA episodes, including

ed's numbuh 1 fan (ep 45,)
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN (ep 46,)
Nepharski (ep 47,)
vfdj42 (ep 48,)
theothersin (ep 49,) and
Jen_Elric (ep 50):

But, especially, ed's numbuh 1 fan, because episode 45 is coming up this Saturday.
PLEASE READ the following...

I'm suggesting to open the talk-back thread few days early, like, on Wednesday.
And, preferably, the first post contains some note to others to refrain from posting spoilers before the episode airs, or better yet, NOT to post till one day before the episode airdate.
Like, in a big red letter, "This is the designated talk-back thread for episode xx.
This thread will open officially on Friday. Please DO NOT POST untill then." Or something like that. biggrin.gif

I anticipate the thread would sink down while waiting for Saturday's air-time.
Please DO NOT DOUBLE POST in order to bump the thread.
(I don't want you to get in trouble needlessly by double posting.)
I will make sure to post (and hence) bump your talk-back thread on Friday early morning to the top of first page (if needed,) and then on Friday you can officially open your talk-back thread to general public for discussions, if you like it that way.

This way, I think, if anyone other than designated hosts open the thread BEFORE Wednesday (before the designated host opens his/her talk-back thread for that Saturday's episode,) then we have enough time to let the UNdesignated talk-back thread author know of the existance of the thread host list, and deal with the situation in orderly manner.

And, of course if anyone opens any episode thread AFTER the designated host open his/her talk-back thread, we can ask mods to close UNdesignated one as the duplicate thread.

As usual, this is my suggestion, and I welcome suggestions for other means to prevent any further "mishaps". (Please post these suggestions here, and not on episode 44 thread.)
Thank you!!

Speaking of suggestions..
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jan 29 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]344651[/snapback]

This should be stickied to avoid future mistakes and claims.

Ha, that's a good point!! Since the list system have had been working without the incident untill two weeks ago, I did not even think about that before.
(Tho, I'm not sure if those newbies who do not seem to pay any attention to what's happening/has been happening in the forum, other than their own posts, would pay any attention to any of the stickied threads any more than regular threads, tongue.gif ) but, let me consider the possibility of that idea... Thanks for the suggestion!! smile.gif

And, @FullMetalAlchemist01FA and Mikage_Elric, the final episode is not on the list, (because I'm planning to stay out of the responsibility of "trafic cop" for the "final thread" making,) but thanks for volunteering to host the thread for the episode!! smile.gif
theothersin
That's a great idea.

And about episode 51, I think you should host it Tombow. The last episode is something of a honor. And you're the one going through all the trouble with this system. But, I'm not going to try and convince other people of it. Episode 51 is going to be hecktic to say the absolute least.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 1 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]345501[/snapback]

But, especially, ed's numbuh 1 fan, because episode 45 is coming up this Saturday.
PLEASE READ the following...

And, preferably, the first post contains some note to others to refrain from posting spoilers before the episode airs, or better yet, NOT to post till one day before the episode airdate.
Like, in a big red letter, "This is the designated talk-back thread for episode xx.
This thread will open officially on Friday. Please DO NOT POST untill then." Or something like that. biggrin.gif

I anticipate the thread would sink down while waiting for Saturday's air-time.
Please DO NOT DOUBLE POST in order to bump the thread.
I will post (and thereby) bump your talk-back thread on Friday early morning to the top of first page (if needed,), and then on Friday you can officially open your talk-back thread to general public for discussions, if you like it that way.

This way, I think, if anyone other than designated hosts open the thread BEFORE Wednesday (before the designated host opens his/her talk-back thread for that Saturday's episode,) then we have enough time to let the UNdesignated talk-back thread author know of the existance of the thread host list, and deal with the situation in orderly manner.

And, of course if anyone opens any episode thread AFTER the designated host open his/her talk-back thread, we can ask mods to close UNdesignated one as the duplicate thread.

As usual, this is only my suggestion, and I welcome suggestions for other means to prevent any further "mishaps". (Please post these suggestions here, and not on episode 44 thread.)
Thank you!!

Thank you very much Tombow . i was thinking of making it on Wednesday too! happy.gif i post it right now so watch out for it! smile.gif and thank you again for going though all this trouble happy.gif
Tombow
^^ Oh good!! Thanks ed's numbuh 1 fan!!
You've been so wonderful, and I really appreciate it!! happy.gif

^^ @theothersin - Thank you so much for your thoughts, but I think that wouldn't be fair to all others who desire to hold that honor. happy.gif
I guess, in my kind of thinking, I gave up the "rights" (so to speak) to host any remaining episodes (because that would be kind of "conflict of interests," IMO ??) when me and my big mouth posted about the list idea, and somehow ended up as "the list" babysitter. (Yikes!! why didn't I keep my mouth shut and wait for someone to come up with the list idea!! Duh!!) laugh.gif
But, nice to see others enjoy hosting the threads, so that's ok with me. smile.gif
(And, about the ep 51... At the moment, I'm leaning toward asking the mod admin-sama to designate any one of the mods to open the thread for the final episode, tho I haven't spoken to the mod-admin-sama about that yet. happy.gif)

ETA: ed's numbuh 1 fan, just saw the ep 44 thread!! Thank you!!
theothersin
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 1 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]345557[/snapback]

^^ @theothersin - Thank you so much for your thoughts, but I think that wouldn't be fair to all others who desire to hold that honor. happy.gif
I guess, in my kind of thinking, I gave up the "rights" (so to speak) to host any remaining episodes (because that would be kind of "conflict of interests," IMO ??) when me and my big mouth posted about the list idea, and somehow ended up as "the list" babysitter. (Yikes!! why didn't I keep my mouth shut and wait for someone to come up with the list idea!! Duh!!) laugh.gif
But, nice to see others enjoy hosting the threads, so that's ok with me. smile.gif
(And, about the ep 51... At the moment, I'm leaning toward asking the mod admin-sama to designate any one of the mods to open the thread for the final episode, tho I haven't spoken to the mod-admin-sama about that yet. happy.gif)

Asking the mods to do it would probably be for the best anyway. There'd be to much conflict otherwise.
Tombow
(^^ @theothersin - Yeah, I had some other nice ideas, but with the way it is now, that seems to be the safest option. biggrin.gif)

Ok, it's on new page now, so I'm gonna repeat my latest suggestion...

Because of the recent "mishaps" regarding the opening of talk-back threads, here is my
latest suggestion to all designated talk-back thread hosts for upcoming FMA episodes, on how we "safegurd" the talk-back threads.

So,
ed's numbuh 1 fan (ep 45,)
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN (ep 46,)
Nepharski (ep 47,)
vfdj42 (ep 48,)
theothersin (ep 49,) and
Jen_Elric (ep 50):
Would you kindly READ the following...

And, preferably, the first post of these early opening talk-back threads will contain some note to others to refrain from posting spoilers before the episode airs, or better yet, NOT to post till one day before the episode airdate.

Like, in a big red letter,
"This is the designated talk-back thread for episode xx.
This thread will open officially on Friday. Please DO NOT POST untill then."
Or some variation of that. biggrin.gif
(Please see ed's numbuh 1 fan's episode 45 thread as an example. smile.gif )
(Oh, BTW, this part can be edited out/deleted if you feel it's an eye sore, once the thread is officially opened. happy.gif)

I anticipate the thread might sink down toward the bottom of the forum page while waiting for Saturday's air-time. When that happens....
Please DO NOT DOUBLE POST in order to bump up the thread.
I will make sure to post (and hence) bump your talk-back thread on Friday early morning to the top of first page (if needed,) and then on Friday you can officially open your talk-back thread to general public for discussions, if you like it that way.

As usual, this is my suggestion, and I welcome suggestions for this, or on other means to prevent any further "mishaps". (Please post these suggestions here, and not on episode 44 thread.) Thank you!!
Jen_Elric
What a great idea, Tombow!! Though, I may not post mine on a Wed., maybe thursday. I'll see when it's my turn. happy.gif
Tombow
Thanks, Jen_Elric! happy.gif

Yeah, what I wrote above is only general suggestion, and please, please feel free to adjust/modify, or do whatever, etc., to come up with your thread hosting plan that suit your situation best. smile.gif
I'll keep helping all you thread-host guys/ladies on the side, such as, bumping up the designated thread (if necessary,) and monitoring for duplicate threads, and so on. happy.gif
Tyna
I'm sorry if I come outta nowhere. No disrespect or offense to anyone. Call me "newbie and not know anything yet" if you want but I do not see what's the big deal about being the one to open a talkback thread for an episode. I mean, I don't care. All I care about is a good discussion between us fans, and that's all I want. I mean, sure you're the first one to show up in the topic but what's that gonna win you, two million dollars? I mean, if I want to open one and somebody did already, I'll just come and talk. It's doesn't matter, that's what forums are for, just to talk.
Tombow
Oh, thank you for bringing up the thread, this reminds me to update this thread!! laugh.gif

I see Jen_Elric had just posted the talk-back thread for episode 50 (to be officially opened for discussions on Friday,) so that almost concludes my talk-back thread traffic organizing duty.
Thank you to all of talk-back thread hosts for the nice hosting jobs!! happy.gif

(BTW, the talk-back thread for episode 51, the series final, is scheduled to be opened by Mod-Admin sama, or designated Mod-sama.) smile.gif

ETA: @JoshP1389 - Gaha!! laugh.gif I'm looking forward to my retirement from the talk-back thread trafic-cop duty as soon as the ep 51 talk- back thread is up. biggrin.gif

ETA2: Awww, thank you FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, the last episode will be taken care of by the Moderator/Administrator-sama (of this board,) but that was so nice of you to suggest that!! *hugs*!! happy.gif
JoshP1389
Any thoughts on the reflections special?
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Tombow...you should do the talk back thread for episode 51....im just suggesting happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.