Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would You Want To Open A Talk-back Thread For Remaining Fma Episode?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
ETA:
Here are the links to talk-back discussion threads (episode 8 - 51) on our forum:

Episode 8 - "The Philosopher's Stone"
Episode 9 - "Be Thou for the People"
Episode 10 - "The Phantom Thief"
Episode 11 - "The Other Brothers Elric, Part 1"
Episode 12 - "The Other Brothers Elric, Part 2"
Episode 13 - "Flame vs. Fullmetal"
Episode 14 - "Destruction's Right Hand"
Episode 15 - "The Ishbal Massacre"
Episode 16 - "That Which Is Lost"
Episode 17 - "House of the Waiting Family"
Episode 18 - "Marcoh's Notes"
Episode 19 - "The Truth Behind Truths"
Episode 20 - "Soul of the Guardian"
Episode 21 - "The Red Glow"
Episode 22 - "Created Human"
Episode 23 - "Fullmetal Heart"
Episode 24 - "Bonding Memories"
Episode 25 - "Words of Farewell"
Episode 26 - "Her Reason"
Episode 27 - "Teacher"
Episode 28 - "One Is Al, All Is Onel"
Episode 29 - "Untainted Child"
Episode 30 - "Assault on South Headquarters"
Episode 31 - "Sin"
Episode 32 - "Dante of the Deep Wood"
Episode 33 - "Al, Captured"
Episode 34 - "Theory of Avarice"
Episode 35 - "Reunion of the Fallen"
Episode 36 - "The Sinner Within Me"
Episode 37 - "The Flame Alchemist, The Bachelor Leiutenant, & the Mystery of Warehouse 13"
Episode 38 - "With the River's Flow"
Episode 39 - "Secret of Ishbal"
Episode 40 - "The Scar"
Episode 41 - "Holy Mother"
Episode 42 - "His Name is Unknown"
Episode 43 - "The Stray Dog"
Episode 44 - "Hoenheim of Light"
Episode 45 - "A Rotted Heart"
Episode 46 - "Human Transmutation"
Episode 47 - "Sealing the Homonculus"
Episode 48 - "Goodbye"
Episode 49 - "The Other Side of the Gate"
Episode 50 - "Death"
Episode 51 - "Laws and Promises"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: It's all done!! The FMA series Cartoon Network has concluded!!
Big thank you to all those who volunteered to opent the talk-back threads!! happy.gif

Well, the list is all filled now, and here is the final list of designated talk-back thread starters. smile.gif
(For all those who volunteered to be the talk-back thread hosts, thank you!! )

List of designated thread hosts to open talk-back thread for the remaining Fma episodes:

Ep 37: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 38: TheVileOne
Ep 39: TheVileOne
Ep 40: Nepharski
Ep 41: Nepharski
Ep 42: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 43: vfdj42 (Not honored)
Ep 44: ed's numbuh 1 fan (Not honored)
Ep 45: ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ep 46: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 47: Nepharski
Ep 48: vfdj42
Ep 49: theothersin
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

Note: The list does not includes Final episode (episode 51.) in case too many people would express their interests to open the thread for the final episode.
Please do not request to become the designated thread host for the Final episode (episode 51.). sleep.gif

And, here are some suggestions as sort of guidlines for the list, which, I hope, would provide somewhat fair process for all this.

- If you believe you have a good reason why you want to open the talk-back thread(s) for one or two of remaining episodes, (and hopefully, it's more than "just because!!",) please post and tell us which episode(s) and why you're interested in the episode(s), so everyone can know, then I will update the list with your name on the thread openers' list.

- If other person believe he/she should be the one to open the talk-back thread for that episode, then please nagotiate that with the person on the list. Please discuss among yourself. If there is an agreed upon change in names, please post it so, and I'll change it so on the list.

- Since there are very limited number of episodes left between ep 37 and ep 50 (more about ep 51 on note above) I suggest limiting to three episodes per person to give others chance.
(Starting Saturday Jan. 14, the limit was raised to 3 EPISODES per person.)

- If no name is on the list, then anyone (regardless of whether or not opening any other talk-back threads) can open the talk-back thread for that episode when the appropreate time comes for that (tho, I still suggest to wait till close to ep on-air time, or day or two earlier, at most.)

- And, as I stated before, I am not making the list for ep 51, which is THE FINAL episode. Please decide democratically for the final episode.

We can try the list with those guidlines, and see if it works out.
Hopefully, everyone will honor the designated thread host each week. smile.gif

Or, if others feel they could do better and fair job of being the trafic cop for the "episode-thread opening" for the remaining Fma episodes, please, please speak up, and I will be quite happy to move over to the sideline. (Yes, please, release me!!) happy.gif

(Last edited on March 9. smile.gif )

ETA: July 29
Closing the thread.
Molecular Alchemist
What a grand idea, Tombow,.....way to negotiate laugh.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
i agree...it is a good idea
Jen_Elric
Great idea!!
YAY!! I got 50!! *dances*
vfdj42
Did you intentionally leave out 47 and 48?
Tombow
QUOTE(vfdj42 @ Nov 24 2005, 05:40 PM) [snapback]319323[/snapback]

Did you intentionally leave out 47 and 48?

Gahaha!! No,no, that was my absent brain at work simple mistake. Duh!! XDDD
Now you see why you can't just leave me in charge!! laugh.gif

(Edited and fixed it now.)

Thank you so much for pointing that out!! Love ya!! happy.gif
Jen_Elric
Hmm...I'm surprised no one ran to grab 38 yet. It's on next week. People should sign up for these episodes!! Well, they don't have to...
Don't mind me. Not feeling well and too excited about tonight's episode. sleep.gif
TheVileOne
Alright well I call episode 38. That way I will show you all how to do it PROPERLY.
Tombow
^^ I was waiting for you to say that!! happy.gif
TheVileOne
I say it because its true, baby cool.gif .
vfdj42
Permission to make the thread for episode 43?
Rosh Razgriz
nice work guys... i am gonna use all of em'
TheVileOne
Tombow, seeing as to how no others are being claimed, I think we should start allowing TWO per person.
Nepharski
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 27 2005, 10:21 PM) [snapback]320820[/snapback]

Tombow, seeing as to how no others are being claimed, I think we should start allowing TWO per person.

If that's the case, I'd like to request the rest of the Eastern Civil War (Episodes 41 and 42) on top of 40....or just settle for 47.
Tombow
@vfdj42 - I put your name as the designated host for ep 43. (I don't really know about the permissions, but I just put your name on the list. laugh.gif ) Would you care to share with us why you like this particular episode?? smile.gif

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 28 2005, 12:21 AM) [snapback]320820[/snapback]

Ok. Soooo, how about modifying it like these??:

- Starting this Saturday, (say, one minute past midnight Satuaday, Dec. 3, U.S. Eastern Time,) barring any objections, we will modify the suggested guidelines to 2 thread hostings per person among the listed episodes.

- Anyone can post the request for the second thread hosting before that, and I will keep the tab as episodes get requested for the second thread hostings (as before, first post first served, among the second thread hosting requests,) but not making the entry of those names till after 12:01 am midnight Satuaday as the second thread hostings, and meantime, if any others would come forward, and request any of those episodes as the FIRST thread hosting, then we will let that request supercedes over the second thread request and let that person hosts the thread.

- This trandition period ends 12:01 am Satuarday, Dec. 3, and all the threads requested as the second thread and NOT requested by others as the first thread by that time, would all get hosted by the people who'd posted the requests as the second thread hosting.

- Starting 12:01 am Satuarday, Dec. 3, the guideline would officially change to 2 thread hostings per person among the listed episodes.
All thread hosting requests, up to two episodes per person, would be entered to the list as "first post first served." No superceding of second thread requests by the first thread hosting requests, or vice versa, or whatever. (heck, you think reading this is tidius and boring, then please imgine WRITING it!! laugh.gif )

- As before, if anyone comes too late, and still dying to host any particular episode that are already designated, then please nagotiate with that host personally. happy.gif

- And, as stated before, any episodes with no designated host could be opened by ANYONE when the time for the talkback thread for that episode arrives.

I hope those suggested changes will be ok with everyone. If any objections, please post and let everyone know. smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 28 2005, 01:21 AM) [snapback]320820[/snapback]

well if we start that rule..well then i already used up my two!...DARN IT!! dry.gif
Tombow
ETA: Dec. 3. It's now open to 2 episodes per person!! smile.gif

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 28 2005, 06:04 PM) [snapback]321185[/snapback]

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 28 2005, 01:21 AM) [snapback]320820[/snapback]

well if we start that rule..well then i already used up my two!...DARN IT!! dry.gif

@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - Actually, you hosted one episode, episode 37. You requested to host the final episode, ep 51, which is not on the list, hence, not available for designated thread hosting, so you still have the second request . smile.gif

@Nepharski - Eps 41, 42, and 47 are all open so far. Please let us know which one you'd like to host happy.gif

@Winry Elric - When you decide which one you'd like to host, please POST your request in this thread so that everyone will know. Then I can enter your name on the list. smile.gif

@TheVileOne - Would you care to do the honor for ep 39 also?? happy.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
oh uh ok! thanks!!...isnt "the vile one" doing Episode 38 Discussion??...if he/she is..i hope he/she didnt forget about it cuz its not posted up yet! and that episode comes on TONIGHT!
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 28 2005, 10:17 PM) [snapback]321583[/snapback]
@Nepharski - Eps 41, 42, and 47 are all open so far. Please let us know which one you'd like to host happy.gif

Hmm...I'll take 41. I'll get to host the fight of the century.[spoiler]Scar vs. Kimblee[/spoiler]
TheVileOne
I'd like to request episode 39 since no one else is.
Tombow
^^ Thank you gentlemen, the list is updated. smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
ill have episode 42! ....i heard that episode will be the last episode playing on Adult Swim cartoon network....sadly..thats what i heard and read in a magizane...but you know i might be wrong so dont take it seriously ppl
Tombow
^^ I'm fairly sure we'll get to see the remaining Fma episodes in AS. happy.gif
In any case, I updated the list with you on ep 42. smile.gif
anonymouse
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Dec 5 2005, 04:16 PM) [snapback]324892[/snapback]

ill have episode 42! ....i heard that episode will be the last episode playing on Adult Swim cartoon network....sadly..thats what i heard and read in a magizane...but you know i might be wrong so dont take it seriously ppl

Okay, I'm starting to think that we're going to be hearing that about every single episode from someone on the message boards, right up until 51, in which case it will finally be true. smile.gif
TheVileOne
Remember guys on the upcoming episodes, take note how I handle the Episode 38 and 39 threads since that's how it should be done biggrin.gif .
ed's numbuh 1 fan
hmmm could i take 43 and 44? it's hoho ish in those ones i belive biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(ed @ Dec 8 2005, 08:37 PM) [snapback]326483[/snapback]

@ed's numbuh 1 fan - vfdj42 had already requested ep 43, sorry!!
But I designated ep 44 on the list.
So, you got one more ep request. Let us know which one you would like to host. happy.gif
theothersin
Oh, awsome idea! Is episode 49 taken?

Tombow
@theothersin - ep 49 is open. smile.gif
Would you like to share with us how/why you like this episode, like, any special connections you feel for this particular episode, or you like any of the characters focused in this episode, etc.?? happy.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 9 2005, 05:54 PM) [snapback]327023[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Dec 8 2005, 08:37 PM) [snapback]326483[/snapback]

@ed's numbuh 1 fan - vfdj42 had already requested ep 43, sorry!!
But I designated ep 44 on the list.
So, you got one more ep request. Let us know which one you would like to host. happy.gif

oh sorry then, umm i have 45 then with a side of fries? i belive that epi is when [spoiler] hoho meets Dante again [/spoiler]
Tombow
^^ @ed's numbuh 1 fan - Aye Aye, ep 45 is designated to you. happy.gif
theothersin
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 10 2005, 12:41 AM) [snapback]327281[/snapback]

@theothersin - ep 49 is open. smile.gif
Would you like to share with us how/why you like this episode, like, any special connections you feel for this particular episode, or you like any of the characters focused in this episode, etc.?? happy.gif

Ah why wouldn't I want this episode? First, it's the third episode to the end, and three usualy symbolizes something for me. Magic/ otherworldly, a third element to the picture, very long story, don't ask. And with it being in those few episodes left until the end of the series, they'll be alot to dicuss, which makes me happy. biggrin.gif
Futhermore:
[spoiler] Lots of stuff that deals with the homonculi, and The Gate openes again. [/spoiler]
Tombow
@theothersin - Thanks for sharing that with us!!
QUOTE(theothersin @ Dec 11 2005, 12:07 PM) [snapback]328022[/snapback]

[spoiler] Lots of stuff that deals with the homonculi, and The Gate openes again. [/spoiler]
Guessing from your avatar and ID, that was my thinking also. happy.gif

Looking forward to having you as the host for spisode 49! smile.gif
Nepharski
If 47 is still open, and people can have thirds, I'll take that one.

I'll explain the why if I get it.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 12 2005, 12:53 AM) [snapback]328428[/snapback]

Ok, in case no 1st or 2nd request comes by for the episode, I got your request preserved. smile.gif
(And, let's wait for a couple of weeks, and if no more 1st or 2nd requests for any of the remaining episodes, I think we can modify to have them open for the 3rd requests, barring any objections. Let's wait and see for a bit.)

I think I can guess why you like the episode, but I'll wait for you to post it, should you host the episode. happy.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 14 2005, 02:51 PM) [snapback]329394[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Dec 12 2005, 12:53 AM) [snapback]328428[/snapback]

Ok, in case no 1st or 2nd request comes by for the episode, I got your request preserved. smile.gif
(And, let's wait for a couple of weeks, and if no more 1st or 2nd requests for any of the remaining episodes, I think we can modify to have them open for the 3rd requests, barring any objections. Let's wait and see for a bit.)

I think I can guess why you like the episode, but I'll wait for you to post it, should you host the episode. happy.gif

Well, I haven't seen the episode (Well, I've seen two major parts in an anime music video), but..

[spoiler]It would seem to be an emotionally powerful episode. Ed has to fight another Homunculi, but not just any Homunculi: the one based off his mother. We saw Hughes' expression when Envy turned into his wife and shot him, and that was powerful. I sense a similar scenario presented here. Plus, the actual battle looks very well done.[/spoiler]
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
if the FMA movie airs on Adult Swim, who will have that topic or thread ( w/e you ppl call it )?
Tombow
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Dec 15 2005, 06:11 PM) [snapback]330016[/snapback]

if the FMA movie airs on Adult Swim, who will have that topic or thread ( w/e you ppl call it )?

LOL!! @FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - You are way ahead of us!! laugh.gif
I don't know the answer, but good forward thinking!! XDD
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
lol...yeah, thanx! happy.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
so is anyone going to do the episodes that are blank right now on the list?....if no one is going to do those episode topics, illl do them! happy.gif
Tombow
@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - I appreciate youe SENSE of DUTY! laugh.gif

Ok, then how about... starting Saturday Jan. 14, 12:01 am U.S. Eastan time, the hosting limit will be raised to max of 3 talk-back thread hostings per person, barring any objections, as usual.

(Anyone can go ahead and post and request the 3rd thread hostings before Saturday, but if the same episode is requested as the 1st or 2nd hosting request between now and Satuarday, those will take the precedence.)
(Oh, and Nepharski's request for ep 47 has been Grandfathered in.) smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
ill have episode 46 please! happy.gif
Tombow
Ok, unless someone requests that ep as the first or second hosting request before Saturday 12:01 am, then it's all yours!! smile.gif
Meantime, could you post and kindly share with us what happened to Ed's hair in your avatar (love your new avatar.. XDDD!!!) why you like this particular episode (ep 47)?? biggrin.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 13 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]338248[/snapback]

Ok, unless someone requests that ep as the first or second hosting request before Saturday 12:01 am, then it's all yours!! smile.gif
Meantime, could you post and kindly share with us what happened to Ed's hair in your avatar (love your new avatar.. XDDD!!!) why you like this particular episode (ep 47)?? biggrin.gif

okie dokie!.....hehe happy.gif i love that avatar, its FuNnY! lol, thanks!....are you asking me if i would like the thread of episode 47?
Tombow
^^ Yeah, tell us why you really like this episode, (if any.) smile.gif
Like, you liked Nina, or you are facsinated by Dante, or you like Lust, or something. biggrin.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 14 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]338368[/snapback]

^^ Yeah, tell us why you really like this episode, (if any.) smile.gif
Like, you liked Nina, or you are facsinated by Dante, or you like Lust, or something. biggrin.gif

well....i never seen episode 47, but i just wanted the thread for episode 46 thats it and that will be my 3rd request for the topics....but i bet ill LOVE the rest of the episodes of FMA, like i LOVE all the rest of the episodes that was aired on tv before....so yeah happy.gif
Tombow
^^ Got it. happy.gif I bet you love this episode also!! smile.gif
*Go edit the list* Thanks for the hosting!!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
lol...just in case someone doesnt take the episode 48 thread....*whispers* ill take it....lol
Tombow
@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN -

There was a little mishap for the opening of episode 43 talk-back thread, and vfdj42 who was designated to open the talk-back thread for episode 43 did not get the chance to do it.
(This was his/her only thread hosting request.)

So, I'm suggesting vfdj42 get the second chance (so to speak,) and hosting the talk-back thread for episode 48 in place of episode 43.

I hope that's ok with you. happy.gif
(Thanks in advance for being understanding!! )
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
okie dokie!! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.