Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 37 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Molecular Alchemist
^^haha, those are good points! (i'm still working my way through the manga....slowly but surely). All and all, it was fun to watch them dig in the dirt...or at least fun to look at Havok's shell-shocked face with the shovel slung over his shoulder... laugh.gif
Tombow
^^ Yeah, I love the episode with focus on Havoc and the gang. They are totally hilarious together.

And, I was ROFL with the Armstrong's family, especially his father!! laugh.gif
Molecular Alchemist
Yeah!! And there was even a biology lesson in it for the kiddies...remember....in genetics..Tomato + Potato = Pomato laugh.gif
Tombow
^^ Hehe, that and, "Vertically large" x "Horizontally large" = Nice 3D bods. XDDD

Poor Havoc had no chance with her when her standard was based on Arnstrong!! laugh.gif
vfdj42

Besides, Roy can be quite absent minded and useless sometimes!!

As much as I hate to admit it, Roy can be silly at times. But we have to give him credit for other things.
I'm going to hear about the chicken bone incident from my friend later....We're constantly fighting over who's better, Ed or Roy. x_x
Azura Elric
*cracks up* This episode was more funnier then the sub! Loved! XD

And I don't why, but Roy sounded off, in a cute funny way. Cuteness to when he said hi to Elysia. Fuery was great spaztic, hyperventilating, being abused by Roy love XD I love the VAs XD they sounded like they had a lot of fun, heck I think Riza's VA had a lot of fun XD

I mean, she was making it sound like Riza had done it before in the bed << *coughs*

*goes over to cuddle poor Haovc* "I'll just die alone then T_T"

My favorite lines was probably:
R: STOP FREAKING OUT!!
F:Easy for you to say!
B:We'll stop jumping when things stop being scary!
Fu: I wanna go home!
R: HOW DID I GET SUCH A PATHETIC STAFF?!

XD *dies of laughter*
Jen_Elric
OMG!!! This episode was THE FUNNIEST!! The VA's did such a great job, even Mike Macfarland (he did Havoc)!
Poor Havoc. It was so funny when he got to the Armstrong home and tried to get back into the limo, but then you see like 4 arms pushing him back!! XD And then Armstrong comes and almost breaks Havoc's back! XDXD

It was also funny when Havoc was freaking out about how Armstrong's sis would look like.
And it was nice to see the Warehouse 13 story after reading it in the novel.

I'm surprised that no one said anything about Archer. What's HE trying to do? I don't trust him and I have a bad feeling about Mustang joining him.
vfdj42
This episode never gets old. I watched the dub 4 times so far and the sub about....12. Havoc's voice when he said "OK, I'm going home" was adorable.
Cuteness to when he said hi to Elysia.

Agreed.
Hats off to Fuery. "Maybe it's a WERE-house like a werewolf!" And his clouded rodent-like eyes when he cried and begged...The only person I didn't like was Sciezka.
The intro speech about the brave, dedicated workers of the military reminded me a bit of Law and Order.
Ladymercury
I love how Roy kept slapping Fuery, it reminded me so much of Downtown when Ham-chan slaps Ma-chan.

Obscure Referrence. Sorry folks. XD
nakagos bunny
I really enjoyed this ep. The comedy was great, the writing great. And it gave us a much needed break from the usual angst in nearly every other episode.
Nepharski
Brilliant!

IPB Image

^I have no idea why it's powdery.
AndroidLust
I must say I am extremely impressed with how close the dub stayed to the original script (cuz I`m a dork and I practically remember every line from the sub) Also, the added jokes were amusing like Breda`s "Let there be light" and the way they sprinkled around the word "freakin`" in the script. Add that to a depressed Havoc, a spazmotronic Fuery, a miffed off Roy, and a Riza with a questionable virginity and you`ve got yourself a mighty fine episode of FMA. biggrin.gif
animefangirl
omg omg omg it was such a funny eposode !
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i wish it would hurry up and be on the dvd so i can WATCH the sub T.T
Tse'yak Naidraug
One abbreviation:

ROFLHAO!

That was even better then episode 13! I never knew Roy liked cleaning windows!

Then, there was the whole thing before Katherine came in, with Havoc imagining what she'd look like. Did anyone get a pic of that?

(Riza must have a lot of chicken)
Ladymercury
QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Nov 27 2005, 02:01 PM) [snapback]320383[/snapback]
and the way they sprinkled around the word "freakin`" in the script.

Freakin is like my word of the day. XD <3

Annoyed!Roy is great.

And the way Roy just watched Black Hayate walk past him was just. gold. I've seen this episode like 10 billion times subbed and now like 10 billion times dubbed. omfg i luff. mad. luff.
Full Metal Elf
YAY!!!!!!!! OMFG....I love that episode!!!!! It is my favorite of all of them....and I was impressed by how close the dub was to the sub!!! It was so funny.....however, I must say there is something about the Japanese voices that made the original funnier, but the dub was not bad at all happy.gif
anonymouse
Oh Havoc. If you knew what was good for you, you'd simply go after Scieszka.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
omg! it was such a GOOD and FUNNY episode! thank god i videotaped it, imma go and watch it AGAIN!! hehe happy.gif'
Jen_Elric
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 27 2005, 04:03 PM) [snapback]320427[/snapback]

And the way Roy just watched Black Hayate walk past him was just. gold. I've seen this episode like 10 billion times subbed and now like 10 billion times dubbed. omfg i luff. mad. luff.

LOL!! yeah, especially when the dog just drops the bone at on of the guys feet!

QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 27 2005, 06:54 PM) [snapback]320485[/snapback]

Oh Havoc. If you knew what was good for you, you'd simply go after Scieszka.

That's what I thought!! When Falman was talking to her about it, I was like, "Ask her, dummy!!". XD
Martel
Ah, so much love for that episode. And I'de have to agree with annoymouse, he should go for Scheska! I loved Armstrongs sister, she was so adorable! My friend who doesn't even like anime watched it with me and he was cracking up so hard!
DustStorm
He should go for Scieszka. She's not bad looking. tongue.gif

fMa_nv92
I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!...next to episode 13 too....it was funny how they
were all spying on Roy....hahaa....and it was sad how Armstrong's sister didn't like Havoc
cuz he wasn't bufff like her bro...hahaaaa...^^...oh, and when they went to check the warehouse!!..
..this is a classic....and when they got all pissed at Black Hayate just because he was the one
who buried the bones!!!!...
....can't wait to see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AndroidLust
Right, what`s all this talk about Schiezka and Havoc? She totally belongs to Falman. biggrin.gif (runs away)
Nepharski
QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Nov 27 2005, 08:06 PM) [snapback]320723[/snapback]

Right, what`s all this talk about Schiezka and Havoc? She totally belongs to Falman. biggrin.gif (runs away)

No arguement from me. Falman needs more screen time.

Isn't this episode based off an extra from the Manga? Why is it that everyone's favorite episodes (13 and 37) are technically fillers based of Manga extras? tongue.gif

I don't hold it against you guys, though. 37 was awesome, and 13 was good (Not as good as everyone preaches, but still good).
Singhay
I wish there was just more stories that steer away from Ed and Al.
Ladymercury
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 27 2005, 11:54 PM) [snapback]320764[/snapback]

QUOTE(AndroidLust @ Nov 27 2005, 08:06 PM) [snapback]320723[/snapback]

No arguement from me. Falman needs more screen time.

Isn't this episode based off an extra from the Manga? Why is it that everyone's favorite episodes (13 and 37) are technically fillers based of Manga extras? tongue.gif

I don't hold it against you guys, though. 37 was awesome, and 13 was good (Not as good as everyone preaches, but still good).

37 was actually, well the Mystery of Warehouse 13, a bonus story from the 1st novel. That story made the Mustang-gumi more pathetic than the anime itself though XD (Cause Roy was scared shitless too tongue.gif)
Landmine
Hilarious! Pomatos, Havoc's imagination of Armstrong's sis, Havoc's "zone out" look at the end of the episode, the entire bone thing, etc. List goes on for quite a while.

My favorite part was when they were on the stake out and Roy called his staff pathetic XD
Dreakon
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 27 2005, 12:14 AM) [snapback]320219[/snapback]

Tell me someone has the Pomato equation screencapped laugh.gif

IPB Image

Here ya go. wink.gif
Rosh Razgriz
haha... ive got one word 4 dis episode..
FUNNY..

its one of those spoiler anime episodes...
at least it's not like Naruto wif so many of these kinda episodes!
TheFlameAlchemist
i would like to coin the phrase LMAOWPMP! Laughing My A** Off While Pissing My Pants!
I taped this on my DVR and it is saved indefinitely next to ep. 13. I AM SO GONNA MAKE AN AVATAR FROM THE Tomato + Potato = Pamato scene, that is some funny crap. I also relized something, i am too much like Havoc I can't get a girl either (they don't know what they're missing man tongue.gif ) And the way Roy kept slapping the crap out of furey was priceless, and my favorite part:

*black hayate walks past Roy and buries a bone and walks back past Roy*
Roy: Well, I can't say I was expecting that.
DZBrick6
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 20 2005, 12:43 PM) [snapback]317544[/snapback]

It's not as long, title wise, as The Incrediblt Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-up Zombies.

Awww, c'mon, now, I LOVED that movie!!! tongue.gif

As far as Episode 37 goes (due to its hype, I do believe you could simply refer to it as such and just about anyone familiar with FMA would know of what you speak), now that I've seen it, I have to say that 'Fullmetal vs. Flame' is still my favourite...my daughter disagrees, however. Talk about a house divided!
Tombow
I liked Kain's " 'were'house as in werewolf" comment!! XDD

I love Flame vs Fullmetal also, but this one is jsut as good, if not funnier.
Both are Fma classics in my opinion. happy.gif
animeluver25
This episode is hilarious! I love the part when Black Hayate comes out with the bone. And Roy gets pissed off. So funny! biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 1 2005, 06:40 AM) [snapback]322489[/snapback]

I liked Kain's " 'were'house as in werewolf" comment!! XDD

I love Flame vs Fullmetal also, but this one is jsut as good, if not funnier.
Both are Fma classics in my opinion. happy.gif

I agree...Fulllmetal vs. Flame is a classic. One of the best episdoes in my opinoin. It's full of great funny moments, awesome action, and great serious moments. It all works together so well....that's why I love FMA happy.gif.
flOofymikO
^x^ Yeah, I loved every second of this ep. Agreed, this one and ep 13 are such classics, and freakin hysterical. I loved how it was so military-centric around Mustang and his gang XD =3 Poor, poor Havoc XDDD and I loved his expression through the second half of the ep
Ed_Elric_Fan
I LOVED this episode! Poor Havoc, I just wanted to go up and huggle him to death. My brrother freaked out when Hawkeye did the introduction thing. My math teacher know thinks I'm psycho because I told him that tomato+potato=pomato.
Ladymercury
Episode 13 is always better because of Maes :F

Maes + Daughter Exploitation = Luff
Sleeping Forest
this was one of my favorites!! it was about roy and the gang at central, and i think there should be more of those...ed and al's story makes me so sad...

i especially liked roy's expression when he realized that black hayate was the reason for the bones...
swirlees
lol! same here! that part is the best part in the entire series!!!!!!!!!!! jk but that part was awesome! and the part where havoc gets turned down by catherine armstrong!
PrincessElir
QUOTE (ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Nov 27 2005, 01:58 AM) *
this is going on my favorite list laugh.gif

again poor Havok btw does anyone know the correct spelling for Havok is there a "c"(Havoc) or a "k"(Havok) or Havock
i'm a perfectionest with FMA and i just wanna know the right way rolleyes.gif ;;

The correct spelling of his last name is H-A-V-O-C. SO it is a C
QUOTE (Ladymercury @ Nov 27 2005, 02:01 AM) *
Riza in bed... hmmm... I wonder who she was thinking of when she said " you're so bad..."

X3

I think she's thinking of Roy. It's kinda obivous, at least to me.
Tombow
<Reminder>

Thank you everyone for helping and answering questions posted by other members. ^^ However.... I think it would be more helpful if you could focus on helping out and posting answers to questions that are a bit more recent. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.