Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 37 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
i know im posting this topic early so just deal with it until the episode airs on TV, happy.gif'...i hope no one else has this topic unsure.gif ...alright just DISCUSS about anything about FMA or just whatever you know about this episode already but if i were you if your telling something about the episode put it in the little spoiler thingy, so people wont get mad at you like what ive been through dry.gif *cough cough* ...so ok DISCUSS PPL!!
Tombow
First off, @FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - This is nothing personally against you, so please don't take it that way, and please hear me out as an opinion on "opening thread for episodes way in advance." Thanks!! happy.gif

So, if this thread is supposed to function as the "talk back" thread for ep 37, then, out of respect for ep 36, which hasn't even aired yet, I would have waited to make ep 37 thread till, at least, AFTER ep 36 has aired this week.

Otherwise, since the following ep 37 is one of the popular episodes, I'm afraid the poor ep 36 would be totally overshadowed, and don't even get the full attention it deserves as the new episode.

Else, how far does this trend of opening episode threads way in advance go??? Why not go ahead, and make threads for ep 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, all the way to ep 51 now??!!
Yeah, fill them all up with spoilers, and every talk on them, more or less, have to be in spoiler tags. (Untill each episode airs, and then the thread becomes a talkback thread, but then why not to wait till then???)

Oh, wait, I think I know why not to do that here... Because, if people who know what's in those episodes want to have threads to post what they know and discuss contents of those episodes before those episodes air, IMO, Japanese fan-sub forum would be more suitable, and appropreate, to hold such threads, IMO, since there, we are expecting discussions by people who had already seen those episodes, hence can freely discuss the content, without the fear of spoiling, accidentaly or not-so accidentaly, American CN viewers who hadn't seen those episodes yet... I believe that's part of the purpose of having the separate sub-forum for fan-sub viewers.

(Remember many CN viewers were ruined of "surprize" of Huesghs's death because some "eager" people had posted about what's coming, in this forum, porior to the airing of that episode?? I would like to avoid that happening again as the final episodes of Fma approaches.)

Presumably, I believe, the episode thread here is TALK BACK thread, and discussion here is for people who view Fma episodes AS THEY GET AIRED ON CN, then do the talkback discussion as each episode gets aired, as far as I understand it, and the next episode coming up is ep 36.

Here in American Audience forum, I prefer seeing new talk-back thread opened each week for that week's episode.

Sorry for my little rant, (and, I rarely express my opinion this forcefully on this board) but that's just my opinion on opening talk-back thread for episodes for American CN viewers.
TheVileOne
When I started these threads I waited until the DATE that the episode airs.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
ok yeah...thats nice..but see i WANTED to post this topic, and I CHOSE to post this topic, not you...yeah i know its a little early but SO WHAT! it can be a good thing to be early...some people already know what happened in this episode already and for those who would like to say something about this episode, just say it! but put in the spoiler thingy, if you dont know how, just dont say nothing. but anyways look! EXCUUSSE ME! for posting this topic early...just to make you PEOPLE HAPPY i wont post any darn topics EARLY! ok?!
animefangirl
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 18 2005, 10:09 PM) [snapback]316934[/snapback]

ok yeah...thats nice..but see i WANTED to post this topic, and I CHOSE to post this topic, not you...yeah i know its a little early but SO WHAT! it can be a good thing to be early...some people already know what happened in this episode already and for those who would like to say something about this episode, just say it! but put in the spoiler thingy, if you dont know how, just dont say nothing. but anyways look! EXCUUSSE ME! for posting this topic early...just to make you PEOPLE HAPPY i wont post any got damn topics EARLY! ok?!.......damn....everytime i would like to do something, some idoit has to come up and says what he has to say...every freakin TIME!

i support this thread so calm dowm tongue.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 18 2005, 10:09 PM) [snapback]316934[/snapback]

ok yeah...thats nice..but see i WANTED to post this topic, and I CHOSE to post this topic, not you...yeah i know its a little early but SO WHAT! it can be a good thing to be early...some people already know what happened in this episode already and for those who would like to say something about this episode, just say it! but put in the spoiler thingy, if you dont know how, just dont say nothing. but anyways look! EXCUUSSE ME! for posting this topic early...just to make you PEOPLE HAPPY i wont post any got damn topics EARLY! ok?!.......damn....everytime i would like to do something, some idoit has to come up and says what he has to say...every freakin TIME!

Ok...first off...you have to calm down and stop the attack. I understand that this may be one of your favorite episodes, and you may have wanted to "call dibs" (so to speak) on it..but don't you think that maybe you might have jumped the gun a liiiiitle bit by posting this thread before episode 36 aired? I understand that you warned about the spoiler thing, but spoilers without the tags (even WITH warnings...I've given my fair share to people) are becoming more and more rampant in threads that hold the possibility of ruining the show for others--like an Envy character discussion thread that ruined the end of the show for unsuspecting people because of the lack of spoiler tags..and ignorance of the tags rarely leads to people holding their tongues.

But I really don't think that anyone was attacking you, and I don't think that you should take our opinions as personal insults...so there is no need for such an angry response to these posts. (If you would read the disclaimer of Tombow's post, you can see that his statements were basically a vent of frustration in general about the timing of the treads, and it wasn't directed AT you, per say...and it was more or less about the precidents that early thread-startings might start).

However, you said that whenever you post, "some idiot has to come up and say what he has to say...every freakin TIME!"....first, I would ask you to refrain from the name calling, it's very unbecoming for a person and I sincerely doubt if anyone here is an "idiot", at least from what I have seen, I know Tombow and TheVileOne arn't. Well, my friend, this IS a forum...and we are entitled to speak what we have on our minds. Sometimes you may not agree with them, and sometimes you may take our opinions badly, but when you post a topic, you have to expect that you will get responses, and you can't always expect them to be "peaches and cream", either.

But, seriously though, it's silly to get bent outta shape over something such as this...it's bad for your blood pressure wink.gif
Dreakon
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 19 2005, 12:09 AM) [snapback]316934[/snapback]

I see. So you WANTED to start this thread, you CHOSE too, but suddenly this kind of free speech is bad when "some idoit has to come up and says what he has to say"? So its okay to post whatever you want, whenever you want, but when "some idoit" speaks his mind its a sign for you to lose it.

I'm sorry, I just cant take you seriously...
Jen_Elric
I agree, dreakon.
I also think that it's pointless to start a TALK BACK thread so early if all it's going to have in it is fighting and name calling.

Can you just wait until the day of the episode? It makes sense to do that.
anonymouse
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Nov 19 2005, 08:20 PM) [snapback]317293[/snapback]

I agree, dreakon.
I also think that it's pointless to start a TALK BACK thread so early if all it's going to have in it is fighting and name calling.

Can you just wait until the day of the episode? It makes sense to do that.

And I think that it would probably be best to start a new one next week anyway, and let this one die.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
ok fine ill CHANGE it since it has to be your way.....

like i said so what if its early....why is it such a big deal....thats stupid, if i wanted to post the topic early so then so be it....i dont really care if i post it early or not.....whatever, just drop the subject and just deal with it....how would you like it if you wanted to do something and then some people say something about it and wants it their way or whatever....i cant stand that...and thanks for putting me on the spot like that *saying sarcasticly*....and look am sorry for having a "anger management" in my last reply (the one near the top of the page)....alright then make sure you all watch episode 36 tonight!!! happy.gif'
Wyrd_Raven
Now I'm not here to harp on you for being to eager, I just wish to let you know that the US title for Episode 37 is The Flame Alchemist, The Bachelor Leiutenant, & The Mystery of Warehouse 13. (Updated as a result of watching the full title from tonight's showing.

Now that this tidbit is out of the way, I really do suggest keeping the eagerness in check, as you have promised to do cool.gif
Nepharski
The Alchemist Bachelor, the Fighting Leiutenant, and the Mystery of the 13th Warehouse. Quite the laborious moniker. How am I going to fit all that on the post-it note for labeling my taped FMAs? ohmy.gif

Still, I'm going to be forgiving, as I understand from fans that this is one of the most hilarious episodes in the series.

Oh, and as long as we're talking dibs, I'd like to dib Episode 40 for, you know...

[spoiler]Pride's sake.[/spoiler]
Wyrd_Raven
you could always abbreviate it:
FABLMo13W

It's not as long, title wise, as The Incrediblt Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-up Zombies.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 20 2005, 01:48 PM) [snapback]317541[/snapback]

...Oh, and as long as we're talking dibs, I'd like to dib Episode 40 for, you know...

Gahahaha!! We can start giving out numbers, like in Deli counter!! laugh.gif

Or, make the list of people who had expressed the desire to open the talk-back thread for particular episode (for one reason or another,) for the rest of the Fma episodes, then, if there is a designated person we will honor that request and others will refrain from opening the thread for that episode, so that that person can wait till the week of that episode to open the talk-back thread for that episode. (Whew, that was a mouthful!! biggrin.gif )
That way, there would be no need to hurry up and open the thread early just to get the "honor" of opening the talkback thread, so to speak..
And, for episode with no designated person, it's for anyone, tho I think it's good idea to wait till around the episode airing time, or slightly in advance, maybe???

For example, Nepharski expressed interest to open ep 40, soooo...

List of designated members (if any) to open talk-back thread for the rest of Fma episodes:

Ep 37: FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
Ep 38:
Ep 39:
Ep 40: Nepharski
Ep 41:
Ep 42:
Ep 43:
Ep 44:
Ep 45:
Ep 46:
Ep 49:
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

(Yeah, I know, I know, it's a silly idea, but I thought that might help, somehow.) happy.gif

Oh, and, I'm intentionally omitting the Final episode from the list, in case too many people would express their interests to open the thread for the final episode. (I don't want to see people start fighting because of my silly idea... biggrin.gif )
Tho, if I may, I have my personal preference... there is a person who has been taking care of talk-back thread every week for this forum, and my personal preference is that I would like that person to open the final talk-back thread. But, that's just my personal opinion. Please decide democratically. sleep.gif

And, my open personal message to....
@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - Thanks for calming down. smile.gif I really meant it when I said that I didn't mean anything personal, and it just happened to be your thread I posted my rare forceful expression of my opinion, and I'm so sorry if I ended up putting you, the person, as the result, on the spot. I've seen your posts, and I love your enthusiasm for Fma. It's coming through your posts. I love Fma, too, and it's nice to see others getting excited talking about Fma. I see you love episode 37, and I'm happy that you get to open the thread for the episode.
If you like, as others have suggested, maybe you can open a fresh talk-back thread for ep 37 later with the proper episode title, if you prefer that way (and, maybe you can mention in the first post of the new thread about your making the fresh thread, so as to avoid the new thread getting deleted as the duplicate thread.) Peace. smile.gif

Ok, so now that's out of way, let's resume the discussio!n! happy.gif
Sorry for all the digressions (and lengthy boring posts) I made. sleep.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 21 2005, 01:46 AM) [snapback]317817[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 20 2005, 01:48 PM) [snapback]317541[/snapback]

...Oh, and as long as we're talking dibs, I'd like to dib Episode 40 for, you know...

Gahahaha!! We can start giving out numbers, like in Deli counter!! laugh.gif

Or, make the list of people who had expressed the desire to open the talk-back thread for particular episode (for one reason or another,) for the rest of the Fma episodes, then, if there is a designated person we will honor that request and others will refrain from opening the thread for that episode, so that that person can wait till the week of that episode to open the talk-back thread for that episode. (Whew, that was a mouthful!! biggrin.gif )
That way, there would be no need to hurry up and open the thread early just to get the "honor" of opening the talkback thread, so to speak..
And, for episode with no designated person, it's for anyone, tho I think it's good idea to wait till around the episode airing time, or slightly in advance, maybe???

For example, Nepharski expressed interest to open ep 40, soooo...

List of designated members (if any) to open talk-back thread for the rest of Fma episodes:

Ep 38:
Ep 39:
Ep 41:
Ep 42:
Ep 43:
Ep 44:
Ep 45:
Ep 46:
Ep 49:
Ep 50:

(Yeah, I know, I know, it's a silly idea, but I thought that might help, somehow.) happy.gif

Oh, and, I'm intentionally omitting the Final episode from the list, in case too many people would express their interests to open the thread for the final episode. (I don't want to see people start fighting because of my silly idea... biggrin.gif )
Tho, if I may, I have my personal preference... there is a person who has been taking care of talk-back thread every week for this forum, and my personal preference is that I would like that person to open the final talk-back thread. But, that's just my personal opinion. Please decide democratically. sleep.gif

And, my open personal message to....
@FullMetalAlchemist01FAN - Thanks for calming down. smile.gif I really meant it when I said that I didn't mean anything personal, and it just happened to be your thread I posted my rare forceful expression of my opinion, and I'm so sorry if I ended up putting you, the person, as the result, on the spot. I've seen your posts, and I love your enthusiasm for Fma. It's coming through your posts. I love Fma, too, and it's nice to see others getting excited talking about Fma. I see you love episode 37, and I'm happy that you get to open the thread for the episode.
If you like, as others have suggested, maybe you can open a fresh talk-back thread for ep 37 later with the proper episode title, if you prefer that way (and, maybe you can mention in the first post of the new thread about your making the fresh thread, so as to avoid the new thread getting deleted as the duplicate thread.) Peace. smile.gif

Ok, so now that's out of way, let's resume the discussio!n! happy.gif
Sorry for all the digressions (and lengthy boring posts) I made. sleep.gif

yeah sorry for what i did...and i wont make any more posts early..i guess....but i like your idea of listing who has which one of the episodes discussion...so yeah, sorry again! happy.gif'
Jen_Elric
Ooh!! Tombow!! Can I have number 50? Don't worry, I know what happens. That's why I want it!!XD
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
isnt there a episode 51?...if there is, I WANT THAT TOPIC!! PaLEASE!!! happy.gif'
vfdj42
If this were about any other episode other htan 37, I'd be arguing with the creator of this thread like the rest...but I have a soft spot for episode 37. It's awesome. That's all I'm going to say. happy.gif
Tombow
^^@vfdj42 - No more arguement. It's all peaceful now.
Hugs to you for having the soft spot for ep 37. happy.gif

And now, about the list...
Whoa, I don't want to be the one deciding who gets which episode, or what not. That wasn't in my idea.
Just because I suggested the list idea shouldn't automatically make me the one to decide who gets or not gets whatever. (That wouldn't be right, IMO, and besides, I'm not that power hungry. happy.gif)

So, with that in mind, here is my suggestions as sort of guidlines for the list, which, I hope, would provide somewhat fair process for all this.

-If you believe you have a good reason why you want to open the thread for one of remaining episodes, (and hopefully, it's more than "just because",) please post so, so veryone can know you are interested, then I will add the name on the thread opener list.

-If other person believe he/she should be the one to open the thread for that episode, then please nagotiate that with the person on the list. Please discuss among yourself. If there is an agreed upon change in names, please post it so, and I'll change it so on the list.

-Since there are very limited number of episodes left between ep 37 and ep 50, I suggest limiting to one episode per person to give others chance. For the same token, if you opened the episode thread before, please consider giving others chance to be the designated thread opener.

-If no one is on the list by the week of that episode, then anyone (opened ep thread in the past or not) can open the ep thread for that episode (tho, I still suggest to wait till close to ep on-air time, or day or two earlier, at most.)

-And, as I stated before, I am not making the list for ep 51, which is THE FINAL episode. Please read my note below.

We can try the list with those guidlines, and see if it works out. Hopefully, everyone will honor the designated thread host (if any) each week.

Or, if others feel they could do better and fair job of being the trafic cop for the "ep-thread making" for the remaining Fma episodes, please speak up, and I will be quite happy to move over to the sideline. (Yes, please, release me!!) happy.gif

And so, here is the UPDATED list of designated episode thread starters who spoke up so far...

List of designated thread host (if any) to open talk-back thread for the rest of Fma episodes:

Ep 38:
Ep 39:
Ep 41:
Ep 42:
Ep 43:
Ep 44:
Ep 45:
Ep 46:
Ep 49:
Ep 50: Jen_Elric

Note: I'm intentionally omitting the Final episode (episode 51) from the list, in case too many people would express their interests to open the thread for the final episode. (I don't want to see people start fighting because of my silly list idea... happy.gif)
Tho, if I may [express my opinion on who I think might be the appropriate person for the final episode,] there is a certain person (no, not me, just in case some are wondering) who has been traditionally taking care of opening the talk-back threads every week for this forum, and my personal preference is that I would like that person to have the honor (so to speak) of opening the final talk-back thread. But, that's just my personal opinion. Please decide democratically for the Final episode (episode 51.) sleep.gif

ETA: I moved "thread opening" discussions to new thread: opening talk-back thread for remaining Fma episodes so that we can leave this thread for ep 37 discussion.
All posts for the thread opening, please post at the above link. Thank you!! smile.gif
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 21 2005, 11:23 PM) [snapback]318145[/snapback]

isnt there a episode 51?...if there is, I WANT THAT TOPIC!! PaLEASE!!! happy.gif'

You have 37 already though, I think ye may wanna wait. As Tombow intends to do.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
okie dokie!
RocketJess
Regarding the thread-starting rights... would it maybe be better if the responsibility is permanently left to the moderators? I moderate on another FmA forum, and it's part of my responsibility to set up the discussion threads.
Tombow
^^ Gahahaha, that sounds simple enough!! laugh.gif Wonder why it's not the case on our board???
Maybe the mods on our board have more hands-off approach for this forum??? XDDD
Anyway, I feel bad keeps taking over the ep 37 thread for this discussion, so I moved "the thread opening discussion" to new thread: opening talk-back thread for remaining Fma episodes so that we can leave this thread for discussion fro ep 37. happy.gif

So, if for any posts for thread opening, please post at the above link, and keep this thread for ep 37 discussions. Thank you!! smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
this has nothing to do with this topic but.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Ladymercury
Episode 37 is the greatest episode ever, well, second to 13. IMO.

That's all I have to say.
Tombow
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 24 2005, 06:07 PM) [snapback]319336[/snapback]

this has nothing to do with this topic but.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Thanks, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Full Metal Elf
It's on TOMORROW!!! mwhahaha!! I can't wait! The dubbed better be good....because this is one of my fav. episodes smile.gif....happy.gif.
Nepharski
I can only hope it lives up to all the hype.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 25 2005, 03:27 PM) [snapback]319663[/snapback]

I can only hope it lives up to all the hype.

Good point!! Let's try to watch it with open minds, and less expectations. happy.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
yay! only 21 hours and something mins to go for the episode to air on TV!! yyaayy!! hehe happy.gif'
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 25 2005, 02:16 PM) [snapback]319655[/snapback]

It's on TOMORROW!!! mwhahaha!! I can't wait! The dubbed better be good....because this is one of my fav. episodes smile.gif....happy.gif.

I know what you mean. I love this episode and even though I`ve already seen it, I`m excited to see how the dub will compare.
Ladymercury
Havoc's English VA better work his ass off XD
Jen_Elric
On tonight!! On soon!! Muahaha!!
Can't wait! Sounds like it's going to be a funny one. YAY!
Ladymercury
Dude, 37 IS a funny episode.
Wyrd_Raven
Tell me someone has the Pomato equation screencapped laugh.gif
vfdj42
This episode is awesome. How could it not be? It stars the military! They should have their own spin off. *sigh*
I like the sub better, it's so much wackier. Fury pwns this episode, in the dub.
\ Katherine's voice should be quieter, shyer and breathier. Speaking of dubs, why does everyone complain about Roy's voice? I like it.
The best part was definitely the Havoc/diary scene, but it would have been funnier without calling attention to it more with the "That's a surveillance log, not a diary." line.
Eh, I ramble. x_x
Ladymercury
I loved the " And then Breda said, Let There Be Light ". I luff that.

The English dub had its own jokes thrown in that set the pace for its script but I must say, the Japanese version was a little bit more... over the top than the English.
Singhay
Sweet Episode. Funny. I wish I saw the first half. I keep forgetting FMA is on at 10 now. One of my Favs.
Sikiu-San
BWAHAHAHAH XDDDD i laughed my butt off in this episode xDD thats one of the things i love about fma , it can be serious but then you can laugh yourself senceless XDD
ed's numbuh 1 fan
laugh.gif laugh.gif THAT WAS A FUNNY EPISODE!!!!!! every scene was funny! i'm all hyper now laugh.gif the look on Havok's face was absolutly priceless!! laugh.gif i loved it but... Edo was'nt in it T.T but i'll be able to look forward to epi 38, With the Rivers Flow!!!! and we also saw Riza making us think she was love'in our fav colonel,sorry royai fans!*snigger* *snigger* she just loves Black Hayate more XP

i'm so hyper XP XP XP XD XD XD
Tombow
Funny as I expected!! Yeah, I'm happy to see ep 37 on-air finally!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
this is going on my favorite list laugh.gif

again poor Havok btw does anyone know the correct spelling for Havok is there a "c"(Havoc) or a "k"(Havok) or Havock
i'm a perfectionest with FMA and i just wanna know the right way rolleyes.gif ;;
Molecular Alchemist
HAHA!!!! YES!! It was as funny as I remembered it to be! I just LOVE Havoc's mental breakdown face...it's classic. Cracks me up every time laugh.gif
Ladymercury
Riza in bed... hmmm... I wonder who she was thinking of when she said " you're so bad..."

X3

Anyway, I loved Havoc's rejection. Oh, I loved that. So. Much. Everytime I watch it I love it. XD That's sad.
DustStorm
I love Havoc's Picasso face. This episode was hilarious! laugh.gif
vfdj42
I was disturbed when Katherine says she "prefers a man like her brother" and Armstrong rips off his shirt...Wrong, just wrong. Havoc's breakdown face is priceless.
DustStorm
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 26 2005, 09:46 PM) [snapback]320246[/snapback]
Riza in bed... hmmm... I wonder who she was thinking of when she said " you're so bad..."

Let me take a wild guess...she was probably dreaming of Roy. tongue.gif

Tombow
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Nov 27 2005, 12:40 AM) [snapback]320270[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 26 2005, 09:46 PM) [snapback]320246[/snapback]

Let me take a wild guess...she was probably dreaming of Roy. tongue.gif

Or, Black Hayate snuggling in bed with her. XDDDD
Molecular Alchemist
Ya know what bugged me about this episode from day1 though...Roy is a skilled alchmist. Achemist=scientist, therefore, they should know their gross anatomy. Then why did Roy look at the bone and think that it was human, being the alchemist he is???? It boggles the mind rolleyes.gif
Tombow
^^ I don't know if this applies or not, but in manga, when Roy made a fake dead body from pig bones and other stuff for Maria (yeah, it's a different story from anime,) Roy kind of confessed that human body and other biological stuff is not his speciality, I think.
Well, he made it anyway, and it passed as Maria's (supposedly) charrred body, but I think later someone told him that he did a lousy job. happy.gif

Besides, Roy can be quite absent minded and useless sometimes!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.