Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 & 51..... Guesses Anyone? *possible Spoilers*
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
QUOTE(Merlin the Tuna @ Sep 27 2004, 03:34 PM)
Uh, the section on this very site with the episode summaries indicates 52 episodes, which makes more sense, as animes are typically multiples of 13 in length for a reason that escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, Hohenheim says himself that Al's body has been lost, and he'll need a new body... He does, however, mention that there's a body like Ed's and probably one like Al's in our world, the world on the other side of the gate.  Could they possibly hijack those bodies somehow and bring them back to their world, beat the unholy hell out of Dante and the homunculus, and live happily ever after?

To quote again,

http://mbs.jp/timetable/

It shows in the column for 10月02日 or October 2nd.

鋼の錬金術師
Fullmetal Alchemist

in a single 30 minute time slot. at the end of the 17 hour row, just before the 18 hour row.

Meaning the final episode is episode 51 and it lasts only 30 minutes!!!

Don't go fooling yourself...
Merlin the Tuna
Erk. That ain't cool.

Oh, and I started reading the manga tonight, and came across some talk between Al and Rose when Al's turning Lior's bell into the giant speaker. I have to say that the lines there aren't particularly well-boding for our heroes... To paraphrase...

"We just want our bodies back. Yes, it's risky, and we'll probably die, but that's the path we've chosen."

And I say again... erk.
Hagane no Chibi
the "52 episodes" is actually the 52 30 minute time slots. Accounting for the 1 hour episode and ending us all at 51....
You know, there just seems to be too much to wrap up in 30 minutes... too much character development and building up, 30 mins isnt enough, so something tells me Im about to be disappointed next week.

I bet Ed stays dead and Al gets his body from the other world, that would figure.
QUOTE(Hagane no Chibi @ Sep 28 2004, 11:05 AM)
the "52 episodes" is actually the 52 30 minute time slots. Accounting for the 1 hour episode and ending us all at 51....
You know, there just seems to be too much to wrap up in 30 minutes... too much character development and building up, 30 mins isnt enough, so something tells me Im about to be disappointed next week.

I bet Ed stays dead and Al gets his body from the other world, that would figure.

There was never a 1 hour episode. There were (are) only 51 30 minute episodes.

There was one time FMA was shown in an hour but it was 2 30 minute episodes shown at once. So where is that 1 hour episode.

Fact is the contributor(s) to the websites that state 52 episodes were wrong and the webmasters didn't bother to double-check or verify.
odoridan
Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, (the Vulcans), I think these events are the most probable for 51.

-Roze dies leaving her baby an orphan which Izumi adopts giving her the child she always wanted. Izumi will have some sort of resolution with Wrath.

-Selim interferes with Roy vs. Bradley (possibly bringing Bradley's weakness. Details are unimportant). Selim stands between them and Roy has a Ishbal massacre flashback and can't bring himself to act.

-Archer will kill Selim (either by accident or whatever). Yes, I know we all hate Archer. But Archer is the incarnation of everything evil about the army. It would be an ironic punishment for Bradley who caused so much suffering through the military and he finally suffers the same thing he has caused on so many people.

-If the above happens, Bradley will have a Gluttony-Lust or Wrath-Sloth moment and can't continue what he is doing. Roy will probably not kill him seeing that he has been punished, just like Ed left Tucker to his fate. Someone (Bradley or Roy) will command Hakuro to surrender or lay down their arms, which will save Armstrong and co. (I'll admit it's a bit cliched but... meh)

-Roy will not become Fuhrer. The military will be dismantled.

As for Ed, Al, Dante and remaining sins, I don't think there is any way to predict what will happen. Bones will probably come up with some crazy trippy afterlife voyage crap. I'm expecting the unexpected.
-+maboroshi+-
QUOTE(odoridan @ Sep 29 2004, 01:39 AM)
Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, (the Vulcans), I think these events are the most probable for 51.

-Roze dies leaving her baby an orphan which Izumi adopts giving her the child she always wanted.  Izumi will have some sort of resolution with Wrath.

-Selim interferes with Roy vs. Bradley (possibly bringing Bradley's weakness.  Details are unimportant).  Selim stands between them and Roy has a Ishbal massacre flashback and can't bring himself to act.

-Archer will kill Selim (either by accident or whatever).  Yes, I know we all hate Archer.  But Archer is the incarnation of everything evil about the army.  It would be an ironic punishment for Bradley who caused so much suffering through the military and he finally suffers the same thing he has caused on so many people.

-If the above happens, Bradley will have a Gluttony-Lust or Wrath-Sloth moment and can't continue what he is doing.  Roy will probably not kill him seeing that he has been punished, just like Ed left Tucker to his fate.  Someone (Bradley or Roy) will command Hakuro to surrender or lay down their arms, which will save Armstrong and co.  (I'll admit it's a bit cliched but... meh)

-Roy will not become Fuhrer.  The military will be dismantled.

As for Ed, Al, Dante and remaining sins, I don't think there is any way to predict what will happen.  Bones will probably come up with some crazy trippy afterlife voyage crap.  I'm expecting the unexpected.

This does make some sense...I have my own reservations about the ending because it's hard to come to a satisfactory conclusion for the anime series in just a 30 minute episode.

Personally, I do find it harder to predict how things will eventually end up in Ed/Al's ghastly scenario. Speculation makes me edgy and worried. sad.gif
Socom
I thought the ending to the episode was kind of useless, not to mention rushed. The whole Gluttony thing wasnít explained very well. Basically the ending went like this:

*coming out of gate* ROAR I'm Edward!

*talk and fight for 4 minutes*

*stab*

dead

...very disappointing =__=
Someone
I've just seen ep 50....
actually I don't like the idea that the other side of the door is THIS world. But anyway...

*PREDICTION*...

maybe Ed's father will sent ed's soul back to THAT world since they mentioned about energy flowing between the two worlds... I just refuse the idea that Ed will die just by a stab.

Al may not be able to make it, he did say he was supposed to be dead already (if the subtitle is correct), maybe he will sacrifice himself to save Ed?

I have loved this series and I refuse to accept him being dead... dead without a good reason at least. *cries and run*
EditDeath
While we're predicting, how about this one?

Al somehow finds a way to perform alchemy, using his body to heal Ed. Ed will start fighting Envy again, and will be on the brink of losing when Wrath grabs Envy, distracting him. Dante, in the meantime, will have opened the baby gate, due to Al tricking Gluttony into attacking her (simple trick, get him to attack Al, then Al moves, revealing Dante behind him). Envy takes advantage, throwing Wrath in after Gluttony, and Ed will knock Envy in as well. Thus, a battle of Elrics vs. Dante will commence.

In the meantime, Hawkeye will be standing guard with the Fuhrer's guards in the living room when Archer bursts in. All of them fire on Archer, and Selim, scared, runs to get the Fuhrer's treasure, thinking it might save him from Archer. Running back, Salim falls through the floor (damaged by Archer's attack) and lands in the wine cellar. The vicinity of his body weakens Pride, who Mustang kills off. During all this, Hawkeye fires a perfect shot with her supurb marksman skills, killing Archer where none of Pride's men could do it.

If all this is right, I think the shocker will come in the fight against Dante. Who knows, maybe Al dies sealing Dante beyond the Gate using the philosophy stone or something. Anyway, itsan interesting theory either way.
Kodachrome
How about Greed comes back as Greed the White, then he smacks Dante over the head with his staff. The end. D:
yay
EditDeath
Uh..... afraid I don't get the reference. Anyway mind explaining it to me?
Omakase Shimasu
I think that's Lord of the Rings. The old guy with his almighty staff and horse. -__- Just kill me now, I've completely forgotten his name.
EditDeath
Ah, a Gandolf reference! Thanks a lot, it just wasn't clicking for me.
Omakase Shimasu
Gandolf! Of course! biggrin.gif Thx in return. Can't believe it slipped my mind like that.
Stad
Ever noticed that IZumi also has the mark of the ouroburos? As we know in episode 50, dante used the mark to control gluttony ... wondet what wil happen for izumi.
flyingwind
yes, yes... I was wondering why we are using allusions to LotR? off topic but who has actually READ the books? I mean... know the whole story rather than the stupid hollywood reditions of a BLOND Legolas! didn't the books say that all elves had DARK HAIR???? X.x I dunno... it was pissing me off! and the fact that Tom Bombadil isn't there! he was cool, man! and Frodo figuring out the secret to the doors of Moria *rambles on as people back away slowly*

oh yes! FMA! I'm downloading episode 50 right now... I'll give more of my opinions after I watch it eh heh heh! ^-^()
Aqua_Alchemist
Gandolf!

Surely Gandalf tongue.gif.
EditDeath
Wrong symbol. The ouroburos is a snake in a circle, eating its own tail. Izumi's sign is a cross with a snake draped across it. From what I've seen, its probably to signify that Dante was her sensei. Note that this sign is also on the back of Ed's long coat. I'd say its a sign of lineage, in regards to their training.
Hcampos
Yeap the symbol is indeed Dante's and it is the linage from sensei to pupil....
Ninie
QUOTE(flyingwind @ Sep 30 2004, 12:11 AM)
off topic but who has actually READ the books? I mean... know the whole story rather than the stupid hollywood reditions of a BLOND Legolas! didn't the books say that all elves had DARK HAIR???? X.x I dunno... it was pissing me off! and the fact that Tom Bombadil isn't there! he was cool, man! and Frodo figuring out the secret to the doors of Moria *rambles on as people back away slowly*

<off topic> Yes I have! Movie!Legolas annoys me too... There's so much fangirls of him! But I thought Galadriel had blonde hair? Maybe I didn't read right... My favorites have always been the hobbits, and I was angry about how they were turned into "funny" characters with no trace of brains... exept maybe Frodo (Moria >.<) and even him... But the worst is Arwen. She's everywhere! O_o And she stole Glorfindel's role! (Ah, he was blond, too. That's what his name means, I think. )</off topic>

Sorry. Had to say this. >.<
Taelohn
didn't the books say that all elves had DARK HAIR???? X.x I dunno... it was pissing me off!

Not all of them. Most were dark haired, but silver, blonde (notably Galadriel), and even red hair (as in several of FŽanor's sons) was also found on elves.

This article on The Eldar Hair Color Genome may be useful. tongue.gif
Ninie
QUOTE(Taelohn @ Sep 30 2004, 02:13 AM)

This article on The Eldar Hair Color Genome may be useful.    tongue.gif

O_O An article on THAT???

EDIT: Okay, also talks about hair genes in general...
Queen of the dammed
I read the books!!1 Yes and I WAS annoyed when they cut out Tom. HE WAS THE COOLEST GUY IN THE WHOLE STORY MAN!!!
Aqua_Alchemist
Yeah Tom was one of my favorite characters, especially since he gives more of a link to the previous world. I mean it could easily have been included, with some Barrow-Down ass kicking, but i guess it would have stolen the black rider's thunder. Maybe they'll put him in the ultimate special edition, in 10 years time tongue.gif.
AngryBastard
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 25 2004, 12:59 AM)
I think ed will be the one who dies with Al transferring his soul into ed's body.

Outrageous idea i know.. but its possible

u have no idea how right u might be cuz thas the exact same thing running through my mind
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Aqua_Alchemist @ Sep 30 2004, 12:44 AM)
Gandolf!

Surely Gandalf tongue.gif.

Typo, honest. tongue.gif
EditDeath
And I just never knew the right way to spell it. You knew who I was talking about, though, so it's all good.
Omakase Shimasu
:whisper: I thought it was Gandolf too. biggrin.gif No sweat, since - you said - I understood, loud and clear.

Btw. I've read the books too. smile.gif
Queen of the dammed
After reading the books and watching the movie, I was kinda disappointed with the movie....
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif And talking about LotR does indeed have something to do with the actual topic, right? rolleyes.gif Like I said, going off-topic is unavoidable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.