Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 & 51..... Guesses Anyone? *possible Spoilers*
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
paddirn
Two episodes away..... Greed, Sloth, Lust, Hughes --- Dead. Roy is on his way to meet King Bradley. Ed is back in time apparently in 1940's Britain (or wherever the hell), more likely its an illusion created by Dante to show him something about his father. Dante has Al. Izumi is still at Central and Archer is on the run. So....... what next and how will it end?

Personally, and I hate to say this, but I think Al isn't going to make it. After he became the Philosopher's Stone, he became the focus of everyone's attention, and I think that as much power as he has in himself now..... there's no way he's gonna make it out of this alive. Plus, the news section has that pic of the voice actors crying (unless those were tears from laughing so hard, but I doubt it). The only way I can see him getting out of dying is if he transmutes his soul onto Nina Tucker's souless body..... which will be kind of weird and I don't know if I want to the series to go to that level of weirdness.

Anyone else got any guesses?
NINJ4
Ed's actually beyond the gate, and hes caught up in his father's dreams. Ed wakes him up, escapes out of the gate with him, and they both kick ass - Al gets his body back, Ed his limbs, Dante and Homunculi all die, and Ed & Al's father dies too - to go see his wife of course. Happily Ever After - The End biggrin.gif
BeyondTheGrave
lets see... i think ed and his father will get bak to their world and stop dante togeter (with al's help too)and defeat all the homenculos. i have a feeling gluttony will help out due to that wraith have killed lust (i doubt shes dead tongue.gif ) but i doubt that the tv series can air the endins in 2 episodes. so i think the movie will end it for them. i also beileve lust will return in the movie biggrin.gif
silh0uette
Didn't Hohenheim point out before that Al can't get his body back in his first appearance? Either that, or I'm seeing things in the subtitles...
I think ed will be the one who dies with Al transferring his soul into ed's body.

Outrageous idea i know.. but its possible
MaesHughes33
I'd like to see somebody who you wouldn't expect to die, something creative. Like Riza, or Armstrong or somebody, but if Al dies, I want his death to be in such a way that NOBODY expects it.

Either that or he gets his real body back, that would be great.
Envious...
Why do some of you people keep assuming that the FMA movie will wrap up the TV storyline?

It will take 2 years AFTER the series, so no way they will wait that long for the story to finish!

I am intrigued by the earlier theory that Ed will sacrifice his body for Al's soul...

If this (unlikely as it seems) comes true, then maybe in the movie, Al learns a method to bring Ed back? *rambling*
The_Lazy_Alchemist
It's unlikely that Al will ever get his body back...It would never be called the full metal alchemist again if they ever did regain their original bodies.

Hohenheim said that if Al was to regain his body, he would have to give back everything he gained from the gate. Not exactly possible, unless it's not talking about the deformed homonculus.

And as for what will happen...We'll find out 50 tomorrow. The last...Who knows? Bones studio is known for some rather interesting endings so expect plenty of oddity. Perhaps it won't even end well at all. Although, some people said that the studio staff claimed the ending was best for Al...And I think at least one more person will die. Maybe more.
QUOTE(Envious... @ Sep 25 2004, 04:13 AM)
Why do some of you people keep assuming that the FMA movie will wrap up the TV storyline?

It will take 2 years AFTER the series, so no way they will wait that long for the story to finish!

I am intrigued by the earlier theory that Ed will sacrifice his body for Al's soul...

If this (unlikely as it seems) comes true, then maybe in the movie, Al learns a method to bring Ed back?  *rambling*

The movie though set 2 years after the series, is showing in the summer of 2005.

Anyway, it is likely the movie only shows how things are going after the whole series and tries to 'explain' with flashbacks (who wants to bet on how much of the movie will be flashbacks?) and 'sudden' revelations of why and how such things happen (in other words, bones 'touching up' whatever holes they have in the TV plot).

More amusing to read how the current FMA watchers are trying to fit square rods into the round holes of the series laugh.gif
Kodachrome
Greed will return as Greed the White, and unlike Full Metal Archer, I actually hope this would just happen. -____-
Queen of the dammed
No, it should be LUST the white....
Chibi Viki
a lot of people are already expecting Al to die... but this is studio bones that we're talking about. they always manage to do something "incredible"

but i wonder how they'll pull off a decent ending with one episode to go? they still have to explain what will happen to armstrong and the uprising in the north, Roy vs. Bradley, and Ed vs. Dante et al...
Guest_guest
hey maybe it will be a hour special.
Chibi Viki
the last time they had a 1 hour special was just the combination of ep 40-41... it could be possible though, but wouldn't it have been more logical to put in a 52th episode instead of making ep 51 into an hour? so far, i've never heard of this happening before.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Sep 25 2004, 09:53 AM)
Greed will return as Greed the White, and unlike Full Metal Archer, I actually hope this would just happen. -____-

laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Sep 25 2004, 06:05 PM)
a lot of people are already expecting Al to die... but this is studio bones that we're talking about. they always manage to do something "incredible"

but i wonder how they'll pull off a decent ending with one episode to go? they still have to explain what will happen to armstrong and the uprising in the north, Roy vs. Bradley, and Ed vs. Dante et al...

Reminds me of Scrapped Princes. Many were disappointed with that particular ending because "nothing" got wrapped up...
Kodachrome
*looks at the movie poster* They're going to have to break their own laws of their anime in order to make that movie poster even remotely possible.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Sep 25 2004, 07:31 PM)
*looks at the movie poster* They're going to have to break their own laws of their anime in order to make that movie poster even remotely possible.

bitch, bitch, bitch
Kodachrome
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Sep 25 2004, 07:33 PM)

bitch, bitch, bitch

rolleyes.gif This is why I make parody. rolleyes.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I say, if you stand in one place long enough for a blimp to fall on you, you deserve to die!
just call me sin
Well to me Ed is beyond the gate with his father. All Dante did to him was seperate his spirit from his body like what she did to his father. But he's gonna get out just like Wrath somehow did. When he comes back he dies by envy, dante or someone. Al will sacrifice himself to save his one and only brother. Ed will live and kill all the bad guys. Then I guess returns home.

I say that Al dies because looking at a picture of the Full Metal Alchemist the Movie. Al is not there, when you know Ed and Al are basically always together.
just call me sin
well since not being able to edit my post above.....

I forgot to mention one of the reasons i think ed is going to die... Well first of all the title, Death.

and i bet some more people will also die, good and bad
Kaos
I think Ed will die by envy, then Al will revive Ed. Ed will become a homonculus, Al will lose his soul. Ed will have full memory and be a unstoppable homonculus smile.gif

In the movie I think he will try to revive his brother.
QUOTE(Kaos @ Sep 26 2004, 04:01 PM)
I think Ed will die by envy, then Al will revive Ed. Ed will become a homonculus, Al will lose his soul. Ed will have full memory and be a unstoppable homonculus smile.gif

Well first of all to be a homonculus you must try to revie someone and FAIL. But do you not remeber when Al succesfully revived Nina's body, but not her soul? So basically al can do the same thing for ed, but just learn how to attach the soul to the body.
sin
that reply above was mine or aka, just call me sin

well anyway, i hear there are going to be 52 episodes, but now it just says 51 is the end

im confused, someone clear this up
QUOTE(just call me sin @ Sep 26 2004, 02:42 PM)
Well to me Ed is beyond the gate with his father. All Dante did to him was seperate his spirit from his body like what she did to his father.

Ah yes, the famous "dante says she seperate hohenheim spirit from body" speech.

Someone tell then why Hohenheim on earth looks liek Hohenheim in FMA world and also has the same rotting body. woopee doo.
Ailuro

Movie poster? where? >>
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 26 2004, 05:30 PM)

Well first of all to be a homonculus you must try to revie someone and FAIL. But do you not remeber when Al succesfully revived Nina's body, but not her soul? So basically al can do the same thing for ed, but just learn how to attach the soul to the body.

That wasn't Nina's body. If you remember, Scar blew her up after she was transmuted with her dog.
Beowulf
QUOTE(sin @ Sep 26 2004, 10:32 AM)
that reply above was mine or aka, just call me sin

well anyway, i hear there are going to be 52 episodes, but now it just says 51 is the end

im confused, someone clear this up

51 episodes of the series. The 52 episode thing is the movie I guess.
Virtue
This is an interesting theory. ed now knows that you do not need to use Equivilant trade in order to use Alchemy. So he uses Alchemy one last time and implants his body into Envy. He then kills Gluttony(Dante sends Gluttony after him)and Al uses...well, himself to make everything better(Dante is sent to the gate, Wrath is turned into a human, Al and Ed get their bodies back). I dunno, it would be kinda cool and unexpected...

Someone tell then why Hohenheim on earth looks liek Hohenheim in FMA world and also has the same rotting body. woopee doo.

The Hoenheim on Earth is dead, he died 400 years ago. He was thrown through the gate by Dante, his entire body went through.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 26 2004, 07:12 PM)

Movie poster? where? >>

Um, the one with "Ed" looking like a younger Hohenheim?
Gluttony
QUOTE(Virtue @ Sep 26 2004, 09:17 PM)

The Hoenheim on Earth is dead, he died 400 years ago.  He was thrown through the gate by Dante, his entire body went through.

What if Hohenheim comes from Earth ?

He may be Philippus Auréolus Théophratus BOMBAST VON HOHENHEIM,
1493-1541, a famous physician and alchemist. He lived in Switzerland and was known for his research on the Philosophal Stone and on homonculus.

He may have come through the gate into FMA world four centuries ago and met Dante.

That will explain two things :
- How well he knows our world. Even Dante knows nothing about the world behind the gate. And Hohenheim needed only a short amount of time to live in our world.
- Why his body is decaying ? But there is another explanation for this phenomenom. The weakening of the spirit is the reason of the decay. And getting a new corpse in the other world shan't be very different of transferring his spirit with the philosophal stone.

For the moment, I find FMA quite entertaining and logical.
I haven't seen any plotholes for the moment.

Even the different effects of the former body of the homonculus are logical. In fact it's normal that the homonculi don't have the same reaction every time.
If something very hot or cold is thrown at you, you won't react the same way everytime ; you can scream, be shocked, even faint or endure the pain (for that you will need every bit of adrenaline).

Only Full Metal Archer has disappointed me, not in the early 20th century mood of the anime.
gugclo
Well they might not get their bodies back because if you look at the promotional poster for the movie it shows him with his auto mail...
Omakase Shimasu
Really? blink.gif Do you mean the one with Ed in the "Hohenheim-outfit" (hair in a ponytail)? 'Cuz I couldn't see anything metal/silverish.
gugclo
excactly o.o
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 26 2004, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE(just call me sin @ Sep 26 2004, 02:42 PM)
Well to me Ed is beyond the gate with his father. All Dante did to him was seperate his spirit from his body like what she did to his father.

Ah yes, the famous "dante says she seperate hohenheim spirit from body" speech.

The answer to your question is that Hohenheim says in episode 50 "Dante thinks that she has separeted my mind, body and spirit. However I found a way to go through the Gate."

Yep, somehow he miraculously found a way to go through, not through the courtesy of Dante or anyone.

Being a military buff myself, they showed the wrong bi-planes flying against those zeppelins if the date is 2nd September 1916...
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 26 2004, 07:20 PM)

That wasn't Nina's body. If you remember, Scar blew her up after she was transmuted with her dog.

Ok near around episodes 30-49. There was a episode where Al seeked how to use the philosopher's stone. And he contacted tucker. But tucker said he would only teach him IF, he uses the philosopher's stones power (Al's body) to do human alchemy to bring nina back. Everything is successful but the soul attachment.
sin
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Sep 26 2004, 07:20 PM)

Ok near around episodes 30-49. There was a episode where Al seeked how to use the philosopher's stone. And he contacted tucker. But tucker said he would only teach him IF, he uses the philosopher's stones power (Al's body) to do human alchemy to bring nina back. Everything is successful but the soul attachment.
sprry about the double post, my comp was acting gay and accidently posted twice
Ailuro
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Sep 26 2004, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Sep 26 2004, 07:12 PM)

Movie poster? where? >>

Um, the one with "Ed" looking like a younger Hohenheim?

So 'movie poster' was refering to that picture? -.-
fan
I have a question. Did the blond officer of Mustang betrayed him? On episode 50, when Roy was going to assault the homoclues with one eye, the blond officer went to tell the one eye homoclues. I think Mustant went byebye. The ending I believe is that everybody dies, bad guy all revive from death. Just like sad ending of Chrno Crusade.
they have to all die cuz there has to be a lot of alchemy afterwards since theres WWII
Queen of the dammed
Ed's ghost comes back and KICKS THE FAT ASSES OF ALL THE REMAINING HOMOCULUS AND DANTE!!!!
Hagane no Chibi
I noticed an error also, the driver of the car tells Hoenheim "Sir Churchhill" wanted to see him.... Churchhill wasnt a "Sir" until much later on, and he wasnt even prominent until shortly before WWII if memory serves.
SirXiGua
*Spoiler*

I watched episode 50 of FMA and to my greatest shock is that ED dies in the hands of Envy... ED manages to get back to the FMA world but this father cannot because his body has already fully gotten over the gate(from what i read frm the translation). ED loses to Envy because he cannot use Alchemy against Envy.

This is because Dante tells him that if he uses alchemy, AL(which is put on a alchemy array and said to be a "ACTIVE PHILOSOPHER STONE") will react to ED's alchemy and they do not know what will happen. And when Envy shows his TRUE face to EDward, Edward his in some sort of a shocked state and Envy just kills him like that by poking him in his chest...

And that concludes episode 50...

Oh man... i really wonder if they can finish the show in just 1 more episode...
can't wait to watch the last episodE!^^
Queen of the dammed
Actualy, I read on the live journal that that was a 'Ed not Ded' denial campaign... it was funny reading the posts and loooking at the banners...heheh
Merlin the Tuna
Uh, the section on this very site with the episode summaries indicates 52 episodes, which makes more sense, as animes are typically multiples of 13 in length for a reason that escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, Hohenheim says himself that Al's body has been lost, and he'll need a new body... He does, however, mention that there's a body like Ed's and probably one like Al's in our world, the world on the other side of the gate. Could they possibly hijack those bodies somehow and bring them back to their world, beat the unholy hell out of Dante and the homunculus, and live happily ever after?
shouldn't ed live.... *points at piccy for movie* HE'S OLDER I TELL YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU OLDER! EDDO-KUN MUST LIVE!
of course al is going to make it. he's the one who narrates the series during the shot of the picture frame. and notice how it doesn't have his hollow voice, so you could assume that he gets his body back. i think things will work themselves out next episode.
Hagane no Chibi
Al will likely use the philosopher's stone to return Ed, Ed's soul will probably be bound to the body from the other world (hence him looking older in the movie pic) Al may or may not be restored, but he could possibly once the p stone burns away after the transmutation.

The philosopher's stone couldnt return Nins's soul to her body because as Dante said, it takes a strong will to bind a soul. Well, I think Al saving Ed will give him the willpower he needs to do so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.