Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harry Potter Movies!!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tombow
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is coming out!!

This one is supposedly darker yet, with the first PG-13 rating for Harry Potter movie.

Tell us your opinion on this and other Harrie Potter movies!... happy.gif
Martel
I saw the movie last night at midnight after waiting in line for 6 hours and all I can say is wow. Personally I loved it! Daniel Radcliff can auctually act now! And some of the stuff he had to do must have been really really hard (aka the graveyard scene and returning to the school after that). I'll admit I did cry when he brought Cedric back from the graveyard. I loved the darkness in the book and I think it was transfered excellently to the big screen. What did you guys think about it?
The RZA
Haven't seen it yet sadly.
DustStorm
The way the Beauxbatons walked killed me!! laugh.gif
Ed Elrich
didnt see it yet
MasterKris
I saw it today with my friends. One thing that made me laugh was when Moody showed his mechanical leg, my friend shouted, "Automail!!" It cracked me up. laugh.gif
Riza-Hawkeye
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 19 2005, 10:23 PM) [snapback]317313[/snapback]

I saw it today with my friends. One thing that made me laugh was when Moody showed his mechanical leg, my friend shouted, "Automail!!" It cracked me up. laugh.gif

I screamed that at the movie theater too!! ohmy.gif

Anyway, I thought it was a great movie, it wasreally good, sadly It didn't include all of the parts, but it was pretty long already.
I actually want to watch it again. I might even go to the movies again. rolleyes.gif
Jen_Elric
I was going to go see it opening day, but my friend, who was going to go see it with me, had to go to a wake (her best friend's brother died suddenly). So we are going to go another time. Hopefully soon!!
*dies* Gotta see this movie!!
Thievesvinegar
Didn't think it was worth the two hour wait in line. But it was better than I expected.

There was this one girl that would moan everytime the twins showed up...they were cute.
Martel
Hehehe... I love the twins. OH MAN! It was hilarious when Harry got into the bath like every single crazed fan girl in the theatre freaked out! My friend was even like "OW OW!!" Aah good times. The crazy fans who see the movies at midnight are the best to be with lol!
Smoke Alchemist
I was surprised at how well he looked half naked, but besides all that the movie was good i liked it. I realise they had to fit that huge book into this one film it was hard. but for what it was i would definetly see it again. Radcliffe definetly had me wiping a tear, so did Cedric's father...So sad!
Kyros
Hehe that movie was cool. I watched it opening night here. I thought it was pretty cool. Of course they left out a few things but that's to be expected because it would be hard to fit everything in the movie.
Thievesvinegar
Nah, it was still overrated. Also the transitions were very aburpt. If i hadn't read the book, I don't think I would of gotten it.
Tombow
Gonna go see it tonight or tomorrow! Yay!!
Got to see the bath scene!! tongue.gif
Riza Babe
Lol, it was alright but they kinda rushed it abit.......... biggrin.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Nov 21 2005, 01:16 AM) [snapback]317843[/snapback]

Nah, it was still overrated. Also the transitions were very aburpt. If i hadn't read the book, I don't think I would of gotten it.

I agree with you there. If i had not read the book i would have been like wait? what? Also you would have had to read the book to have understood some of the expressions/thoughts of the characters. Did that make sense?

LOL! blink.gif
Blitz
Two of my friends saw the movie. One of them said it was "Awesome!" and the other just thought it was meh. I'm going to see it on Wednesday, I wanna see the part where Moody shows his mech leg!

That must've been funny MasterKris! Maybe I'll do that tongue.gif One of my friends, when she goes to the movies, she'll just totally make a scene. It's hilarious. One time, she actually went up to the screen and whispered some what loudy "Psssst... Can you stop the movie? I gotta go peeeeee!" I just cracked up so much. She got kicked out of the theater. LOL
MasterKris
That must've been funny MasterKris! Maybe I'll do that One of my friends, when she goes to the movies, she'll just totally make a scene. It's hilarious. One time, she actually went up to the screen and whispered some what loudy "Psssst... Can you stop the movie? I gotta go peeeeee!" I just cracked up so much. She got kicked out of the theater. LOL

OMG!!
That really happened?? blink.gif

I didn't really liked the movie... they skipped too many important scenes. (Yes, it should have been a 10 hour movie.)
And the actors got weirder... (comment from one of my friends: They Got UGLIER)
I was disappointed. I thought that this movie was too general. As if it's saying; Read the book to fully understand the movie.
It's like they rushed through it.
Last of all least, I didn't like the feeling during when Cedric died. It didn't feel that emotional (cept for Harry's crying. THAT was dramatic)...

Here is my answer.
I DID NOT LIKE THE MOVIE.
Just go to the movie theaters and watch. Don't bother to buy the DVD.
This movie somehow encouraged me to stop watching the HP movies. Seriously...

*Waves hand~ *
Also had the crazy fangirl problem. And they happen to sit next to ME!! It was very bothersome...

[OFFTOPIC] I always wanted to post that pic of Ed and Harry getting the Philosopher's Stone in one of the HP forums...[OFFTOPIC]

p.s. SORRY TO ALL HARRY POTTER FANGIRLS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
animefangirl
i just saw it yesterday,i agree with ya masterkris,my best friend is a HP FANGIRL and boy is she ANNOYING
Martel
Really MasterKris? I thought they they did pretty good in keeping the important scenes! I was kinda pissed that they left out of aucual playing for the world cup but other than that what scenes did they leave out?
Chiyo
Well, no haven't seen it yet. I might get a copy but I'll have to see it at the cinema to get the full experience. I don't expect too much from these films when it comes down to it as I know I'll be dissapointed.

I know I won't have the fangirl problem tongue.gif I've just never been near people like that in any film.
DonnaDelDrago
Too many scenes from the book had to go. What's left is a collection of action- scenes : well made, but a bit incoherent.
Maybe they should have divided it into two parts...
But the dragon looked really cool!
Blitz
MasterKris: I agree with you on the actors getting weirder/uglier. When I first saw the trailer for the movie, the first thought that came into my mind was, 'They look like druggies!' laugh.gif
fullmetal9
QUOTE(Blitz @ Nov 22 2005, 11:48 PM) [snapback]318539[/snapback]

MasterKris: I agree with you on the actors getting weirder/uglier. When I first saw the trailer for the movie, the first thought that came into my mind was, 'They look like druggies!' laugh.gif

yeah harry and ron are getting WAY worse, especially in the hair area... hermiones smokin hot though lol!
Quistis88
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Nov 21 2005, 02:01 AM) [snapback]317843[/snapback]

Hear, hear.

Well, here's a small overview of what I thought of the movie (possible spoilers ahead):

- Bad transitions (- points)
- Emma Watson's acting improved a great deal (+ points)
- Emma Watson is prettier now (+ points)
- Daniel Radcliffe's acting improved slightly (+ points)
- Not much improvement with Rupert Grint (- points)
- Puberty did not treat Rupert Grint well (- points)
- No Quidditch whatsoever (--- points)
- I expected much more out of Katie Leung (--- points)
- Tom Felton did all right (-/+ points)
- Clémence Poésy wasn't as magical as I had expected her to be (- points)
- Robert Pattinson is hot, and his acting isn't all too bad either (+++ points)
- Stanislav Ianevski did an okay job, but not satisfactory (-/+ points)
- Brendan Gleeson did some commendable work (++ points)
- Michael Gambon was horrid (--- points)
- James and Oliver Phelps are a delight, as always (++ points)

Overall, it was an okay movie. Visually appealing, fantastic special effects. However, some of the acting can be improved upon.

I will edit this post if I have anything more to add in the future.
Tombow
Yay, finally, I saw the movie, so now I can offially say meh. laugh.gif
Others had already posted these points, but anyway...

The biggest surprize... The main trio of actors, they are getting old!! Yikes!!
They aren't cute and freash anymore.
Although, Emma Watson is becoming a beatiful young lady, and Daniel Radcliffe is still ok, AND they can actually act!!
But, what's up with Rupert Grint!! Yikes!!

Special effects were very good, and nicely assisting the movie's story telling.
But, the scene transitions were choppy.
I found myself less engaging emotionally with this movie, than previous HP movies.

Overall, it was ok. It wasn't a great movie, but it was good. happy.gif
Blitz
I'm finally going to go see the movie today. I was hoping for some Quidditch but none?!
foolmetal alchemist
Ahh, was I the only one who thought the little dancing scene each of the visiting schools did was utterly pointless and somewhat annoying? >_o
MasterKris
I'm finally going to go see the movie today. I was hoping for some Quidditch but none?!

NONE!! (except for some fancy flying in the World Cup)

Ahh, was I the only one who thought the little dancing scene each of the visiting schools did was utterly pointless and somewhat annoying? >_o

NOPE!! I also thought so too. The spinning stick tricks looked so fake, and the Beau??'s dances were kinda... odd...

One quote I had really liked was when Neville said, "I KILLED HARRY POTTER!!" laugh.gif
Martel
Neville was awesome in this movie! Whoever plays him is getting to be a pretty good actor. I think Rubert Grint looks like a complete stoner... no offense to anyone who likes him (I've already pissed off my crazy fangirl friends by saying that). I kinda like the way Daniel Randcilff looked though... me and my friends were all trying to figure out when he got hot wacko.gif I'de have to agree with Quisitis that Michael Gamob SUCKS! He's too loud for Dumbledores character! Like when he spazzed out and screamed Harry's name after the goblet shot out his name, what the hell was with that?
foolmetal alchemist
I also feel Michael Gamob did a poor job of Dumbledore's role. He wasn't at all as aloof as the previous Dumbledore.
MasterKris
Yes, I agree. He feels.. too... young...
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
QUOTE(Blitz @ Nov 22 2005, 09:48 PM) [snapback]318539[/snapback]

I agree, they look like drug addicts.
I'm seeing it this Saturday.
mongooseboi
cho chang isn't very hot. but her accent is pretty cool.
Quistis88
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 08:38 AM) [snapback]318662[/snapback]

I feel that the Yule Ball, in the book, is supposed to build up more tension between Harry and Cedric, what with Cho and all, as well as Ron's jealousy regarding Krum and Hermione's relationship. However, because they emphasized the latter and not the former in the movie, the general atmosphere of it all becomes a little hazy.

The Ball mainly served to give a touch of class to the movie with the fancy set and costumes, in my opinion. I absolutely despise how the Ball just suddenly turns into a concert.

And they skipped the part where Krum tries to pronounce Hermione's name. Too bad. Would've been funny.

QUOTE(Martel @ Nov 23 2005, 01:03 PM) [snapback]318761[/snapback]
Neville was awesome in this movie! Whoever plays him is getting to be a pretty good actor.

Yes! ohmy.gif I had forgotten about Neville. He is getting quite good. I was impressed by him this time around. He has a bigger role coming up in the next movie though (if they don't cut most of it out), so it's a good thing that there is improvement.

I kinda like the way Daniel Randcilff looked though... me and my friends were all trying to figure out when he got hot

I was surprised at the scene in the prefect's bath . . . mellow.gif

I'de have to agree with Quisitis that Michael Gamob SUCKS! He's too loud for Dumbledores character! Like when he spazzed out and screamed Harry's name after the goblet shot out his name, what the hell was with that?

QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 02:08 PM) [snapback]318776[/snapback]
I also feel Michael Gamob did a poor job of Dumbledore's role. He wasn't at all as aloof as the previous Dumbledore.

I hate his portrayal of Dumbledore. His speaking tone isn't old and friendly enough. He sounds too harsh and rude to me sometimes, whereas his predecessor sounded absolutely in his element.

QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Nov 23 2005, 03:26 PM) [snapback]318818[/snapback]
cho chang isn't very hot. but her accent is pretty cool.

I'm glad someone agrees. Apparently, the casting crew liked her Scots accent, which set her apart from the English accents of the other girls auditioning. According to a few articles, she is "a natural". Certainly didn't look that way in the movie.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 23 2005, 05:47 PM) [snapback]318830[/snapback]

QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 08:38 AM) [snapback]318662[/snapback]

I feel that the Yule Ball, in the book, is supposed to build up more tension between Harry and Cedric, what with Cho and all, as well as Ron's jealousy regarding Krum and Hermione's relationship. However, because they emphasized the latter and not the former in the movie, the general atmosphere of it all becomes a little hazy.

I was actually referring to the scene that Dumbledore introduced the two other schools. Each had their own little routine thing...which I found very annoying... >.< I do agree though. It seemed that they didn't linger too much on Harry's jealousy.....
Smoke Alchemist
There were a lot of elements missing which unfortunately had to be sacraficed do to the time constrants. I had heard earlier when they cut out mrs. Weasly and knew most of the emotion would be pulled right out of this one. Wasn't to pleased with the lack of Sirius in this one (he had a slightly bigger part in the book) Everything seemed very hurried.
Quistis88
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 07:09 PM) [snapback]318926[/snapback]
I was actually referring to the scene that Dumbledore introduced the two other schools. Each had their own little routine thing...which I found very annoying... >.<

Ohh, I see, I see. My apologies for reading that wrong. I really am getting old. laugh.gif

I thought it wasn't too pointless. It helps demonstrate their school pride if they show off a little with their talents. It seems that both schools are pretty arrogant in some ways. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 07:24 PM) [snapback]318932[/snapback]
There were a lot of elements missing which unfortunately had to be sacraficed do to the time constrants. I had heard earlier when they cut out mrs. Weasly and knew most of the emotion would be pulled right out of this one. Wasn't to pleased with the lack of Sirius in this one (he had a slightly bigger part in the book) Everything seemed very hurried.

Yes, but I suppose this is what happens when you condense a book that big into a movie this short.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 23 2005, 09:36 PM) [snapback]318934[/snapback]

Ohh, I see, I see. My apologies for reading that wrong. I really am getting old. laugh.gif

Haha, I wouldn't say that at all. laugh.gif

Hmm, I might be skipping into the fith book, but did the movie skip the book parts that Hermione tried to get civil rights for house elves? I was pretty sure that was in the fourth book....
Quistis88
I think that was in the 5th, because I don't recall it being in the 4th . . . don't quote me on that though.
Riza Babe
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 03:38 PM) [snapback]318662[/snapback]

Lol, yeah. I wanted to know why Hermione was crying in the ball scene.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Nov 24 2005, 03:54 PM) [snapback]319272[/snapback]

Lol, yeah. I wanted to know why Hermione was crying in the ball scene.

I believe she was angry at Ron for being jealous of her and Krum. She was also mad at him for not asking her to the ball.
Riza Babe
Lol, oh ok. I thought it was abit dumb for harry to go to the big massive baths, and abit pointless.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Nov 24 2005, 02:06 PM) [snapback]319279[/snapback]
Lol, oh ok. I thought it was abit dumb for harry to go to the big massive baths, and abit pointless.

But he wouldn't have been able to figure out the clue otherwise.
Martel
S.P.E.W comes into play in the 4th book (I'm auctually re-reading that part in the book right now) But on behalf of the little dances the other schools did when they came in, it kinda makes sense. Arthur Weasley even said in the book that "we can't help but show off a bit when we get together."
Chiyo
Since SPEW never really leaves the books it'll probably get a mention in the next film.

Since I haven't seen the films yet can someone inform me if it is in fact Moaning Mrytle who appears while Harry is in the baths to help him more with the clue?

Micheal Gambon is truely a great actor and will have had a lot to live up to sadly. If he doesn't fair well in the fourth film then the 6th will be an absolute nightmare as he will have to act some pretty intense scenes.

Both Cho and the Patil twins are simply 'girls off the street' if you will. They held open auditions and as mentioned before they liked the slight Scottish accent in Cho's voice. I don't know how the twins fair but they should have a Birmingham accent which is not pretty. I should know, my hometown is 20mins from it. Interesting to note the twins are not even related in real life.

Whether they will cast Luna Lovegood the same way is yet to be seen, but perhaps if they do I'll audition for the part laugh.gif

And yes I think its good the schools have their little introduction so we know what characteristics they carry. But I shall know better when I see the film Sunday.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 25 2005, 05:39 AM) [snapback]319556[/snapback]
Since I haven't seen the films yet can someone inform me if it is in fact Moaning Mrytle who appears while Harry is in the baths to help him more with the clue?

Yes, it was MM. And a wonderful acting job she did, too, like she always has done in the HP movies.

Micheal Gambon is truely a great actor and will have had a lot to live up to sadly. If he doesn't fair well in the fourth film then the 6th will be an absolute nightmare as he will have to act some pretty intense scenes.

Yes, I agree that he has quite a bit to live up to. He's not bad, but still not as good as most of us would like him to be. I hope his acting improves in time for the 6th movie.

Both Cho and the Patil twins are simply 'girls off the street' if you will. They held open auditions and as mentioned before they liked the slight Scottish accent in Cho's voice. I don't know how the twins fair but they should have a Birmingham accent which is not pretty. I should know, my hometown is 20mins from it. Interesting to note the twins are not even related in real life.

The Patils were amusing. laugh.gif I thought their acting was way better than Cho's.

Whether they will cast Luna Lovegood the same way is yet to be seen, but perhaps if they do I'll audition for the part laugh.gif

Do it. laugh.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 25 2005, 10:10 PM) [snapback]319686[/snapback]

Do it. laugh.gif

Will do, and I won't forget this place when I become a star biggrin.gif

Ha, like it'll ever happen.
Blitz
Wow, umm, they literally cut out half of the book. There was a scene where Harry saw a passed out Barty Crouch and then nothing happens after that. Did they just forget that Harry saw an unconscious person?

Voldemort looked like something outta Star Wars.
Master of Alchemists
It was AWESOME! My favorite so far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.