Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harry Potter Movies!!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Smoke Alchemist
I actually liked the look of voldemort. He was freaky looking enough as a baby/man he scared the crap out of my nieces. One of them actually said "I hate this movie Daunty!" *the only way they can say aunty* LOL!

I do believe i had to get up to take one to the restroom, yeah i was a bit peeved, anyway my niece said i missed the best park where a boy came in his dorm with his shoes on as a tie? WTF did i miss? LOL!
Blade Alchemist
Here's a funny picuture of one of teh scenes in the movie and no it doesn't give away anything in the movie.

Quistis88
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Nov 28 2005, 08:19 PM) [snapback]321376[/snapback]
I do believe i had to get up to take one to the restroom, yeah i was a bit peeved, anyway my niece said i missed the best park where a boy came in his dorm with his shoes on as a tie? WTF did i miss? LOL!

I believe that was Neville after the Yule Ball, with his dancing shoes hanging around his neck.
Kyros
Yeah. He stayed for the whole thing, and he took Ginny I think...
phoenix dying
I went to see this movie and all i got to say; and you can quote me on this one....
ASS CRAP

i think they ruined the entire movie.....removing cartain plot parts and adding non revelant and unimportant sceans(sp?) dry.gif
-the thing that they did with the dragon.....its chain breaking, it flying, it chasing harry 'round the castle.....ass crap!!!!
Chiyo
Ass crap hey? As opposed to armpit crap is that? biggrin.gif

Well yet again I never got to go see it as the person I was going with fell ill so she had to be rushed to the doctor. Fate is telling me to give up on this film.

As well as you lot saying how awful it is.
Fan_Alchemist
IU haven't viewed the movie yet, but I heard that time flews by pretty quickly throughout the whole movie. Plus I heard that the beginning was really boring...
staystill
ill say that it was a very good movie but the book was way better. they need to have the movie like, 4 and 4.5 to get all the details out. but thats just my opion
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(staystill @ Dec 1 2005, 02:23 PM) [snapback]322581[/snapback]

ill say that it was a very good movie but the book was way better. they need to have the movie like, 4 and 4.5 to get all the details out. but thats just my opion

I'll have to agree. The book was probably the best one of the Harry Potter series in my opinion. I would defintely go see both 4 and 4.5 if they did do that. xD
the_lightning_alchemist10
Okay here's what i thought:
1.) THe Yule Ball was kinda bleh, there was like a rock song during that scene. What was that all about anyway?
2.) "Harry Potter?.....HARRY POTTER!!!!!" my god that was weird.
3.)most of the acting was done well
4.) the bath scene was hilariious
5.) i liked the dragons
6.) Voldermorts nose is scary
7.) they sweat too much
8.) i didn't cry, in that book i cried during the Cedric is dead part. It just didn't hit me as sad
9.) they cut out like half of the book, a lot of my favorite parts too.
10.) it was over all ok

Also i screamed "AUTOMAIL?!?! HOLY CRAP!!!!!" during the scene with Moody's leg. Someone threw a soda at my head and said shut up. That was funny and painful.
Chiyo
The rock song is playing becuase its a rock band that attend the ball laugh.gif
*~vachi~*
The movie wasnīt what i expect sad.gif
Itīs a shame itīs not like the book, īcause it is my favorite!
Well, i think itīs not really good... sad.gif not good at all... (MY OPINION)
But have u watch that the owl that Sirius gives to Ron on the third book never happens in the thirid movie?? nor in the fourth!! or is it my imagination??
unsure.gif
~FMAgurl~
I still haven't seen it. No one wants to see it with me dry.gif
Soujirou
I like very much this movie, the scene in the lake is pretty cool, also the scene in the graveyard is awesome
Nepharski
"I control the Time FLux, with my Chrono Heart and my high speed you will be defeated in 10:59 minutes"

Which is argueably less than this thread has before someone points out how old it is.
xxEnvyxx
I liked the goblet of Fire..sooo cool!

Especially the dragons....
Amol
QUOTE(maniac_girl @ Jan 1 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]335671[/snapback]
The movie wasnīt what i expect sad.gif
Itīs a shame itīs not like the book, īcause it is my favorite!
Well, i think itīs not really good... sad.gif not good at all... (MY OPINION)
But have u watch that the owl that Sirius gives to Ron on the third book never happens in the thirid movie?? nor in the fourth!! or is it my imagination??
unsure.gif

I agree , the movie is not like the book.
I wanted to see more of it too.
I book is way way better and all the details were not shown in the movie.
The movie can no way be compared to the book.
But they cant really show everything in the movie too !

QUOTE(Alchemist_of_Time @ Nov 16 2006, 07:38 AM) [snapback]473997[/snapback]
I like very much this movie, the scene in the lake is pretty cool, also the scene in the graveyard is awesome

Thats the best scene in the movie.
Voldemort sure looks cool in that part.
And the way he moves , fast and swift, looks like he is just skating.
Synth Alchemist
The 3rd movie stinks, i like the first..... im too sure biggrin.gif
Chiyo
I saw a quick trailer for the next film....should be titled 'Harry Potter and the First Snog'. Helena Bonham Carter ftw!

Teaser Trailer - for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Amol
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 22 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]476463[/snapback]
I saw a quick trailer for the next film....should be titled 'Harry Potter and the First Snog'. Helena Bonham Carter ftw!

Teaser Trailer - for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The trailer was ok.
But whats with radcifs hair style ?
Doesnt suit him !
GREEDisGOOD
The 4th one is definetly the best so far. They're finally getting the series out of the kid-type of movies that were the first two. But, in any case, the movies are all pretty good, but they don't hold a candle to the books.
Mudkipblader
I really liked the 4th movie. Can't wait for the fifth, Fawks will be joining the crew again. And that is my favo Animal. I have something with those Mythical Creatures. This might sound funny, but I really hope the Dragon is okay. blink.gif
I liked that scene. I somehow always thought they'd screw up the Dragon, but it came out very nice. It's only a shame we didn't get to see the other ones, I'd love to see the Chinese one.
Amol
QUOTE(Mudkipblader @ Feb 16 2007, 02:55 AM) [snapback]505566[/snapback]
I liked that scene. I somehow always thought they'd screw up the Dragon, but it came out very nice. It's only a shame we didn't get to see the other ones, I'd love to see the Chinese one.

yea , the description in the book sounds really cool !
miracle_flame_alchemist147
it wasn't that bad... it was at least better than the 3rd film in my opinion
Amol
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Feb 18 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]506424[/snapback]
it wasn't that bad... it was at least better than the 3rd film in my opinion

yea , the third film was horrible, the book was interesting though !
they should have added more to the 4th movie, there could have been a lot of action !
Arthur-F.Metal4life
i would say i hate this movie i dont like that kind of movies , my good friend has read all the books five times already
Chiyo
QUOTE(Amol @ Feb 18 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]506428[/snapback]
they should have added more to the 4th movie, there could have been a lot of action !

And that would have made in about an hour longer, hence cutting it down.

Arthur - You aren't expected to like Harry Potter if you don't like fantasy.
Amol
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 18 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]506477[/snapback]

And whats wrong with that , Lord of the Rings is for 3 hrs + .... i think they should have at least shown all other contestants in the First Task , it would be less than 3 hrs that way too.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Amol @ Feb 18 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]506487[/snapback]

And whats wrong with that , Lord of the Rings is for 3 hrs + .... i think they should have at least shown all other contestants in the First Task , it would be less than 3 hrs that way too.

If I recall right the others fights were not described so other fans would complain. Whatever they did the film folk were going to upset someone.
Also the special effects required to do 3 other fights with dragons would have cost quite a bit. It would probably take the film over budget...
Amol
yea, i guess your right !
Yuki Star
Meeh. The book was better than the movie, IMO. [spoiler]The movie didn't include Rita Skeeter being caught as a bug. T_T[/spoiler] They've cut some scenes out. Still, I'm looking forward to the 5th movie. Dan Radcliffe's more grown up and less cute, though. T_T

At least now I know what to do... never read the book before watching the movie. T_T
Amol
Yea , and his Hair in the 5th movie dont look as good as they were in the others !
you can check out the Trailer , the link in the 5th (pervious page) of this thread, posted by Chiyo !
Chiyo
QUOTE(Amol @ Feb 18 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]506487[/snapback]

Well I try to think of it more this way...would a 9 year old have sat through all of it? I mean in the cinema, much as I loved Lord of the Rings, I was fidgeting.
ゆきえいり
I like the Harry Potter Movies, but I hate how they change things around. I know they have a time limit, but they could add a little more. And I must say, I hate the new Dumbledore. He's not the same, and a bit too hyper. Other than that, they're great! happy.gif ...I really hate the new Dumbledore...
Chiyo
He's not really new though is he, he's done more than Richard Harris now. I did like the original Dumbledore, but look at what he would have been having to act in the new films. Even if he hadn't sadly passed on he would have been too old to do much more than stand around.
ゆきえいり
Yeah. Got a point. But...The Richard Harris is better...Not that the new one's bad...I guess I have an attachment to the old Dumblydore.
Chiyo
He certainly looked the part much better than the current Dumbledore, and he had a grace about him that would be hard to match.
ゆきえいり
Yeah. Most definately. And he wouldn't throttle Harry in the 4th movie like the new one. That was just insane.
Reno
Thanks Chi for the trailer ^^

Old Dumbledore was better that the new one, this one uses a strange beard style, and don't looks as wise as Richard Harris looked... sad.gif

Er...

I like the fourth book, the movie was cool, at least better that the third. but i wanna see more scenes, important scenes

Anyone noted that Peeves doesn't appear in any movie, and he's one of the most important characters in the fifth movie

Hopefully the 5th movie will be great (aha!)
Chiyo
Okay, here I go with my brief review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Spoilers....yea....so don't read it if you don't want them.

You could tell right from the start of the film it was going to be different from the others, the tales of it being darker came through, not only in the story but in the visuals themselves.

The humour is there, and in my opinion very well placed and enough to keep the audience from falling into depression. Ron again provides most of this humour, as well as the quick one liner and ironic looks.

Perhaps one of the greatest flaws of this film is how rushed everything feels. By trying to avoid that dragging feeling that came about for some people in the fourth film, some of the films greatest actors are forgotten. McGonnagal and Snape may as well have not been there at all for all the screen time they have, and the new character of Tonks isn't explained deeply enough for anyone to find much importance in her.

Another fault will mostly be seen ny those who know this book well. The moment where Professor Trelawny is nearly kicked out looses its importance as it is never explained [spoiler]it is she who spoke the prophecy that is so important to Harry and Voldemort[/spoiler] (that big spoiler, hence hiding it).

Although the big actors may not have much screen time, Umbridge proves to be some more fantastic casting. Her mannerisms and slightly psychotic air really present her evil ways well without being overacted. The same can be said for Luna Lovegood who could have easily been portrayed as very "loony" but the actress takes to the role naturally and as such, Luna seems natural.

This film will probably be lost on its younger audience, but in the same way is grown as adult as the books have. In terms of grahpics it is stunning, but some creatures such as Grawp need more air time for the viewer to appreciate the work gone into them.

Many thanks, if anyone actually read that.
Daniel Radcliffe's hair right now looks kinda awful!! sad.gif I like the first 4 movies better than the 5th one since they seem more well-made.. and Harry looked so much cuter in the 1st and 2nd movie but his hair in the 5th movie looks like the on in the 3rd movie and his hair wasn't that bad in the 4th one though but the 5th movie kinda seems like it was rushed when they wrote down the script. sad.gif Rupert Grint got Ron's hairstyle like the on in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd movie!! It suits him!! happy.gif Emma Watson really looks pretty, and the Weasley twins are the greatest!!!! happy.gif Luna's awfully pretty and the Evana Lynch played Luna really well! I just still hate Cho Chang... sad.gif But Katie Leung played her nicely! happy.gif

(edited)
ScarMySoul
I agree with everything that Chiyo has said in her post.

I think that the first four movies seemed moreso "childish" if you can use that to describe them and OOTP to be moreso dark and bit grown up. But that's what you get when you have a few different directors working on the movies.

I agree that some of the characters like Tonks and Gwarp weren't explained too well. Tonks especially since she did have a significant role with Lupin in the book.

Also I think they should have added to the ending about Harry now being in charge of Grimwald Estate and having to order the house elf his one command.

The ending fight scenes were fantastic in my opinion. And how [spoiler]Harry became possessed by Voldemort and him struggling to keep himself together[/spoiler] was rather brillantly done.

I can't wait for the seventh and final book and I also can't wait for the two final films to be completed.

Overall I'd give OOTP a 8/10. biggrin.gif

Also I was looking up Radcliffe on imdb.com and saw this:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2010) (announced) .... Harry Potter
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008) (pre-production) .... Harry Potter

There were rumors about him not finishing the movies but I don't see why he wouldn't. biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Boy, I can't wait to spoil the ending of Deathly Hallows for everyone here. biggrin.gif
foolmetal alchemist
I remember the extra flashy spoiler Bacon left everyone for the 6th book...

I understand that some things have to be left out to avoid the movies running over 3 hours, but...

[spoiler]was the part about Harry believing the prophecy could be about Nevil instead of himself in the 5th book? That seemed like a pretty important detail to me. I'm surprised that it was left out. [/spoiler]
Chiyo
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Jul 14 2007, 01:27 AM) [snapback]561731[/snapback]
I remember the extra flashy spoiler Bacon left everyone for the 6th book...

I understand that some things have to be left out to avoid the movies running over 3 hours, but...

[spoiler]was the part about Harry believing the prophecy could be about Nevil instead of himself in the 5th book? That seemed like a pretty important detail to me. I'm surprised that it was left out. [/spoiler]

I've just started reading book 6 again in preperation for 7 and yes, it is mentioned in book 5 about Neville, but a lot about the prophecy changed to suit the film.

Scar - Its in book 6 we find out Harry's inheritance, so I'm really hoping they'll bring it up in the 6th film. And I am in complete agreement with Harry's acting in that one scene...he's come a long way since Philosophers Stone.
Abstruse Eulogy@ how can you spoil the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when its not even out yet?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(miracle_flame_alchemist147 @ Jul 14 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]561870[/snapback]
Abstruse Eulogy@ how can you spoil the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when its not even out yet?

rolleyes.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Jul 14 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]561844[/snapback]
Scar - Its in book 6 we find out Harry's inheritance, so I'm really hoping they'll bring it up in the 6th film. And I am in complete agreement with Harry's acting in that one scene...he's come a long way since Philosophers Stone.

Oh yeah that's right, its like right at the beginning when Dumbledor gets him..... haha I need to re-read the 6th book... laugh.gif

I was on Mugglenet.com and these are some of the rumors of book 7 that were debunked:

About the Characters

-Dumbledore is really dead. He is not in hiding and is not coming back.
-There will be no character named "Icicle," and JKR said she didn't recall saying there ever would be.
-Dumbledore is not related to Harry.
-Harry is not related to Voldemort, and he is not related to Salazar Slytherin.
-Lily Potter is not alive.
-Lily was not a Death Eater
-Crookshanks is not an Animagus.
-Neville is not Peter Pettigrew's son.
-Remus Lupin does not have a twin brother.
-Petunia is not a Squib.
-Dumbledore is not Harry/Ron from the future.
-Mrs. Norris/Crookshanks is not an Animagus.

Plot Information

-Harry will not become Minister of Magic.
-Peter Pettigrew’s silver hand will not kill Lupin.
-Lupin will not return as a DADA professor.
-The prophecy refers to Harry, and not in any way to Neville.
-The final part of the prophecy does not mean Harry has to kill Neville, or vice versa

Other

-The title of the book will not be "Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat."
-No prequel books (books that take place before Harry's time at Hogwarts) are planned.
-"Keeper of the Keys" has no secret meaning.
-The Sorting Hat is not a horcrux.
Oh I saw that! My friend told me on friday that Lupin, Tonks and some other people were gonna die in the seventh ook and that one of the Weasley twins leg willget cut-off and that Harry is a Hocrux! but I'm not sure if she's telling the truth..
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Harry Potter is so interesting. The characters are so well-developed and original it almost makes me wonder how the author can write this well. Not to mention, she throws a huge fit over killing a character and it is front page news on Yahoo. Just hit the delete button. But seriously, she's so good. The kids go crazy for her and Harry's amazing adventures.

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.