Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 36 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
ed's numbuh 1 fan
i have'nt seen it yet it has'nt aired but talk about it here when it does smile.gif
Wyrd_Raven
*sigh* kids these days. They don't know PATIENCE sleep.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
whats that supposed to mean wink.gif
i'm not a patient person rolleyes.gif
Wyrd_Raven
Well its not been a few minutes since episode 35 has ended and this has popped up. It would be a bit fair to let the previous episode get some more time to be in the lime light. No need to rush to be first person to post a discussion thread is all I am saying. cool.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
sorry ><;; i just like being first i guess... anyways were getting off topic soo let us all wait till next saturday peoples smile.gif
Ed Elrich
you guys are lucky i have to wait half an hour for episode 35. smile.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Ed Elrich @ Nov 13 2005, 12:05 AM) [snapback]313692[/snapback]

What are you talking about? huh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Nov 13 2005, 02:06 AM) [snapback]313693[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ed Elrich @ Nov 13 2005, 12:05 AM) [snapback]313692[/snapback]

What are you talking about? huh.gif

Maybe missed the first showing and waiting for the second showing to come up??? unsure.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 13 2005, 12:50 AM) [snapback]313711[/snapback]

Maybe missed the first showing and waiting for the second showing to come up??? unsure.gif

But he posted in the wrong topic. The dub version of episode 36 hasn't been shown yet.
Molecular Alchemist
hmmm...judging by how early this has been posted, I think that it is a safe assumption that this thread will be filled with spoilers by next Saturday....so everyone be warned.....
Tombow
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Nov 13 2005, 02:54 AM) [snapback]313715[/snapback]

QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 13 2005, 12:50 AM) [snapback]313711[/snapback]

But he posted in the wrong topic. The dub version of episode 36 hasn't been shown yet.

Gahaha!! So true!! laugh.gif I'm still stuck in ep 35 mode. XD
Jen_Elric
Ok...this thread is too early!
Yeah, i know I state the obvious. XD

Ed Elrich
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 13 2005, 03:24 AM) [snapback]313728[/snapback]

hmmm...judging by how early this has been posted, I think that it is a safe assumption that this thread will be filled with spoilers by next Saturday....so everyone be warned.....

lol thanks for the warning
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
i cant wait for this episode to air on TV this saturday!....it looks good (like all the episodes) by the previews from the last episode, hehe happy.gif....so after this episode, is it true that there will be no more new episodes for a short while or long while?...i need to know ppl!....if its true, where did anyone find this out at?
DustStorm
It looks like a...weird episode. I mean.. Winry was driving like a rabid n00b. blink.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Nov 13 2005, 08:49 PM) [snapback]314240[/snapback]

It looks like a...weird episode. I mean.. Winry was driving like a rabid n00b. blink.gif

You mean Winry was driving like me on the expressway? blink.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Nov 13 2005, 10:49 PM) [snapback]314240[/snapback]

i know the look on Edo's face was priceless laugh.gif
sorry i posted this so early you guys are making me feel like a n00b ><;; laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
Hehe..I like this episode...it's a pretty good one...but 37 is better!!!!!!!! hehe happy.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(ed @ Nov 13 2005, 11:58 PM) [snapback]314320[/snapback]

sorry i posted this so early you guys are making me feel like a n00b ><;; laugh.gif

Oh, no, don't woorry!! Nice to see your posts. happy.gif
Besides, with all n00b activities on the board recently, perhaps nobody noticed it was you!! laugh.gif
DZBrick6
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 15 2005, 12:35 PM) [snapback]315144[/snapback]

...but 37 is better!!!!!!!! hehe happy.gif

I know I'M looking forward to that one simply from y'all talking about it...should be fun!
Jen_Elric
For those who don't know yet, FMA is going to be on 11PM starting this SAturday. They're doing this because Samurai Champloo is having new episodes at 11:30pm and Ghost in the shell:Stand alone Complex 2nd gig is on 12AM.

What I would like to know (and yes, this is off-topic), is when the rest of the new episodes of Inuyasha are going to be shown? Boy! They are really stretching that show out!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 15 2005, 04:19 PM) [snapback]315182[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Nov 13 2005, 11:58 PM) [snapback]314320[/snapback]

Oh, no, don't woorry!! Nice to see your posts. happy.gif
Besides, with all n00b activities on the board recently, perhaps nobody noticed it was you!! laugh.gif

gee thanks that makes me feel a WHOLE lot better wink.gif

AndroidLust
Oohh...episode 36. Only two days after my birthday. Anyway , I`m looking more foward to episode 37...
Odysseus
Yes I absolutely love 37. And thanks for posting the info Jen_Elric, I already knew it but I was a bit to naive to figure to post it here. happy.gif'

animefangirl
yay its at 11 .sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nepharski
I hope this episode will be brilliant, because that will mean 4 brilliant episodes in a row (33-36), and then the 9th DVD will be a must buy.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
cant to watch this episode!.....whoever reads this before the episode airs on TV, make sure you WATCH IT!!! TONIGHT!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! lol happy.gif'
Wyrd_Raven
The chicken game with the train was rather entertaining laugh.gif

Also for people worried about Majahal's death cheapening Greed's well it gets addressed somewhat. However what does really interest me is the connection to the second Fullmetal Alchemist game, Curse of the Crimson Elixir, with but two simple words: Grand Arcanum.
Odysseus
For the most part this episode is only fair for me. It has some so-so parts, other good ones, so all in all fair. Of course any of those parts with Winry and the tractor were good.

Of course I can't wait for the episode that earns longest title next week.
Tombow
Learning from last week's experience that some of us didn't see the episode untill 2 hours after I watched it, I'm gonna put this in spoiler for the next few hours, just to be safe.
I will edit it later and take out the spoiler. (I got scolded for not using spoilers when posted around this hour last week, so I'm playing it safe just in case..) happy.gif

I actually liked this episode. Change of pace from tha last couple of episodes, and more suttle and somber mood, with lots of informations revealed to the characters in the anime, Winry, Ed and Al... So, Winry learned about how her parents were killed... and, about Hughes' death... Awwwww.

ETA: It should be safe by now, so I'm taking off the spoiler tags. happy.gif
fMa_nv92
This episode was good, kinda sad too..really....but funny.....
It was sad how Winry found out about who killed her parents....
Haaaahahaaa, and Ed didn't know how to start that car....ha...
I heard episode 37 is hilarious, I can't wait!!!!!!!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
this is going on my fav. epi list i loved it!
Ed knows just about everything...exept how to ride a tractor laugh.gif
VeRi
i liked how they changed gluttony's voice from a bad deep voice to a childlike voice just like in the jap version of FMA
Tombow
I liked that Ed & Al helped to clear those Ishibalans from Yoki's murder.

The conversation among Ed, Al, and Winry on the tracter was good.
I kind of like having those quiet conversation moments here and there in Fma, that shows the personalities of each characters.

And, we found out how Mustang and the military avoided having another bloodshed. That was good also. happy.gif
Molecular Alchemist
Yeah..and it also shows what a good pair of manicured nails can do (make holes like bullets)...well, I guess if you have nails like Lust's that is. laugh.gif

The whole tractor/Ed and the gang bit was hillarious, but I enjoyed how they mixed up the antics with serious ethical matters--like how Ed's constant inner-struggles surface, and by arguing and debating, the characters gain more depth and become increasingly more complex. I think that it was also important to note that now Ed is humanizing Scar, and was kind of defending him...which is something that we hadn't seen in previous episodes.
VeRi
i think you hit the add reply button a bit too much
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(VeRi @ Nov 20 2005, 10:14 AM) [snapback]317483[/snapback]

That or we're doing the time warp again blink.gif
Motokosan
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 20 2005, 04:56 AM) [snapback]317444[/snapback]

Yeah..and it also shows what a good pair of manicured nails can do (make holes like bullets)...well, I guess if you have nails like Lust's that is. laugh.gif

If I remember correctly, it was Gluttony who started spitting 'bullets' out which caused confusion among the crowd, which started the riot.

Or am I thinking of another riot?
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Motokosan @ Nov 20 2005, 11:27 AM) [snapback]317498[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, it was Gluttony who started spitting 'bullets' out which caused confusion among the crowd, which started the riot.

I think he was just making the bullet sounds. It was all Lust's doing with the actual "bullets."
Nepharski
Good episode. Not brilliant, but good. Explained what was happening to Scar during the Greed arc. Very informative, very funny.
adamclark
This episode was significant, because Winry learns more about her parents' death, and who was responsible for their deaths.

And it's fun to watch Ed try to drive that cart.
anonymouse
So, has Winry already made the connection between "alchemist who uses flames" and "Roy Mustang?" I assumed she did, and is just keeping quiet for now, but I'm not certain. I'm not really sure how much Winry knows about Mustang.
Ladymercury
[spoiler]She knows that Roy killed her parents because in Ep 37, when Roy visits Gracia, he's about to go inside to have tea at her invitation, but he looks up at Winry who glares at him and runs away... in which he then declines her offer[/spoiler]
Jen_Elric
Such a good episode! Made me laugh and cry. It was soo funny when Winry drove that tractor. Ed and Al's reactions were priceless!!! And, of course, when Ed tried driving. XD

The saddest part was when Winry visited Gracia and not only learned about Hughes death, she also started crying when she learned who it was that killed her parents.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Jen_Elric @ Nov 20 2005, 07:03 PM) [snapback]317671[/snapback]

Such a good episode! Made me laugh and cry. It was soo funny when Winry drove that tractor. Ed and Al's reactions were priceless!!! And, of course, when Ed tried driving. XD

The saddest part was when Winry visited Gracia and not only learned about Hughes death, she also started crying when she learned who it was that killed her parents.

i agree on what she/he said, happy.gif'....yeah that was hulirous! i was rollin! when i saw ed and al faces when they were all going towards that train....thank god i taped that episode, imma go watch it again! happy.gif'
Tombow
QUOTE(VeRi @ Nov 20 2005, 09:14 AM) [snapback]317483[/snapback]

I'm assuming that was me making double, triple, or, god forbid, more???!! posts. (I coudn't know because by the time I suspected the double posts, the board went down and I couldn't get back in.)
The board started acting strange, as in froze, go, froze, go, etc., when I was posting my last post, and eventually I was locked out, and I think several of my posts I made last night did show up as double, triple, or quad posts. Yikes!! sad.gif (Thank god, the mods had deleted them for me today.)
Anyway, my apologies for cluttering the thread... sleep.gif

Ok, back to the discussion.

^^Yeah, that "tracter meets train" scene was funny!! laugh.gif
For once, Winry was in charge, and scaring heck out of Ed and Al with her driving.. XDDD
anonymouse
Did Ed say that Scar told him that a Philosopher's Stone was created in Ishbal? I don't remember that. I remember Scar being tight-lipped when Ed asked him. Ed's blowin' smoke. tongue.gif
Odysseus
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 21 2005, 12:39 AM) [snapback]317811[/snapback]

QUOTE(VeRi @ Nov 20 2005, 09:14 AM) [snapback]317483[/snapback]

I'm assuming that was me making double, triple, or, god forbid, more???!! posts. (I coudn't know because by the time I suspected the double posts, the board went down and I couldn't get back in.)
Anyway, my apologies for cluttering the thread... sleep.gif

Umm... as I recall you weren't the one who cluttered it... Don't beat yourself up.

Yeah I also don't recall Scar ever saying it. Maybe he and Ed got together for lunch.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Odysseus @ Nov 21 2005, 03:14 PM) [snapback]317934[/snapback]

Yeah I also don't recall Scar ever saying it. Maybe he and Ed got together for lunch.

i can just picture that *gigglesnort*

ElvenScifer
Yeah, I remember Ed asking Scar about the Philosopher's Stone, but Scar didn't say much. He did say, however, that the Ishballans sought out the Philosopher's Stone as a means to end the Civil War, which seems to be what Scar is doing now. It didn't work last time, why does he think it's gonna work this time?! Stupid Scar...

I just realized something the other day.... if Scar intends to use the souls still trapped in his arm to create the Philosopher's Stone, then that means that Nina's soul is gonna be used too! sad.gif

Damn that bastard Tucker! And he's continuing his research now thanks to that damn bastard Archer!!!! Grr.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.