Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 35 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Odysseus
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Nov 13 2005, 01:20 PM) [snapback]313885[/snapback]

Was it only me, or did I hear Gluttony say Envy is scary near the end of the show?

Yeah he did. I think he meant that since Lust killed Lujon, it ruined the chance that he would search for the Philospher's Stone, and Envy might not be too happy.

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 13 2005, 02:08 PM) [snapback]313914[/snapback]
By the way, now that Ed, Al, and Winry are at the village, won't they get the disease? ohmy.gif

I always wondered that myself but I don't think so. I think the disease stopped being spread the first time it was cured. But just like the cure for that little dead bird Lujon experimented on was only temporary, so was the cure for the disease, and so it came back after the stones power was gone. However it wasn't being spread just returning to those already infected, so Ed, Al, and Winry should be okay.

At least, that's the only explanation I've ever bene able to come up with.
Ed Elrich
Dont you think it was kinda mest up how lust just killed that guy without remorse.
that kinda made me dislike her.
CursedAnubis
I found this episode interesting because it flashed back and forth in time; I had to watch it twice to fully understand what was going on. Very well done, :applaudes: That fossil disease is one nasty thing huh? I couldn't stop staring at it @_@ I don't understand why Lujon had it at the end, how could it have spread so fast to him?

That man that Lust kept flashing back to WAS Scar's brother. The captions said so laugh.gif
Wyrd_Raven
I agree about my concern over Ed and Winry contracting the Fossil Disease, Al being a soul in armor doesn't get infected. Though the way I see it, Fossil Disease was probably an alchemically created disease, may have been even created in Lab 5, and may have a limited conbtagious stage as others have stated. So Ed and Winry could be safe.

As to the two who were wondering WHY Lujon sounded so much like Vash, and didn't look in the previous posts wink.gif , Vash and Luon were voiced by the same actor, Johnny Yong Bosch. He was also the voice of Kiba from Wolf's Rain and was the 2nd Black Ranger in Mighty Morhpin' Power Rangers (which of course makes me feel old for even knowing this stuff, thanks alot mad.gif )
Mustang_2
I thought that the episode really didn't have anything to with anuthing that has been going on. But maybe it will have some sort of effect later on. But to me it was pointless.
Molecular Alchemist
This episode was a backstory, and in a show like FMA we need backstories to help the plot carry on, and to add to character development. Lust cannot always be seen as a 2D homunculus...especially if she is a key player in trying to find the PS with Envy; this episode also shows that the homunculi have the ability to think for themselves and that they harbor the memories of the humans that they were supposed to be..will all of this play into the series...well...you'll just have to watch and see laugh.gif
vfdj42
I liked Lujon. Not so much Lydia. Perhaps I would have been more sympathetic if she had a less irritating voice. I saw Lujon's murder from a mile away. Does anyone else think this arc could have gotten away with being 2 episodes long? :/
Unfortunately, I believe the season is getting cut at episde 36...which sucks because I really wanted to see episode 37. Luckily, I downloaded it. happy.gif
Molecular Alchemist
nah, if you go to the FMA site on adultswim.com, and keep scrolling down on the schedule, you will see that on Nov 26, they are slated to show something, whose title is remarkably similar to the title of ep 37...which leads me to believe that they are gonna keep showing them...at least until they reach a suitable stopping point (hehehe....kudos for them if they can find one from here on out...) biggrin.gif (I think I posted somethins similar to this memo on the ep 36 site, and i think i saw Wyrd Raven say something along the same lines too)
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
ok even though this reply has nothing to do with the 35th episode discussion, but i just posted up my fanfic story "If I Never Knew You" in the fanfic section in the Public Discussion Boards...so go and READ IT! PLEASE!!...HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! happy.gif'
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 13 2005, 06:10 PM) [snapback]314019[/snapback]

(I think I posted somethins similar to this memo on the ep 36 site, and i think i saw Wyrd Raven say something along the same lines too)

you are correct in me making a thread on this subject cool.gif
anonymouse
Where did this "stopping at Episode 36" rumor start?
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 13 2005, 09:05 PM) [snapback]314157[/snapback]

Where did this "stopping at Episode 36" rumor start?

people reading adult swim's website at face value dry.gif
Odysseus
QUOTE(Mustang_2 @ Nov 13 2005, 04:50 PM) [snapback]314001[/snapback]

I thought that the episode really didn't have anything to with anuthing that has been going on. But maybe it will have some sort of effect later on. But to me it was pointless.

Every anime needs character development episodes. They genrally have little to do with the story, I would say Episode 4 was character development, possibly 17, and 26. It's meant to add dimension to characters. Generally the parts of the characters explained help explain events later on.
RayAllen
This was a really sad eps. All those poor ppl; man I had no idea these homoculi's were that evil especially Envy. Lust managed to work herself off my hate list then went right back on
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 13 2005, 02:08 PM) [snapback]313914[/snapback]

By the way, now that Ed, Al, and Winry are at the village, won't they get the disease? ohmy.gif

That was my thought also.
And, Odysseus, here is another possibiliy... That Ed, Al, and Winry had something similar, but much milder and harmless illness during their childhood that was present in their part of country, but not in this area, and therefore developped immunity. happy.gif

And, if I may allow to expand this speculation further, maybe, the bad guys might used this original benign form of desease, and made into much more deadly (and ugly looking) Fossil desease??? rolleyes.gif
(Just speculating!! laugh.gif )
elliott massaquoi
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 12 2005, 02:31 PM) [snapback]313144[/snapback]

oh ok....wrath kills lust later on right?

Ahhh will you please put a spoiler next time I really did not know that. ohmy.gif
Tombow
Yes, if you are going to reveal contents of FUTURE episodes in Full Metal Alchemist Anime > American Audience (Adult Swim/Cartoon Network) forum, which is here, especially if revealing some key story points,
PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!!

It's [ ] spoiler contents [ ], and put the word spoiler in first [ ], and /spoiler (don't forget "/" part) in the closing [ ].
Femalchemist
I'm not going to speculate on the disease but it looked to be an awful, painful way to die. Yes it was a great back story. I wasn't aware that all homunculi had memories of their past lives. I thought Wrath was the only one(because of Ed's limbs). I think Lust was Scar's brother's wife. Lust is conflicted in her feelings and even though she killed Lujon, she may upset future plan for the others. Could be interesting.

On another note, is Ed a precog? He heard the girl - Lydia, scream before she ever did. Maybe this is a result of all the PS liquid he soaked up? Questions, questions.
Tombow
QUOTE(Femalchemist @ Nov 14 2005, 05:12 PM) [snapback]314573[/snapback]

I think Lust was Scar's brother's wife.

I believe she was a lover.
And, yeah, I agree about the desease. What an awful way to die. sad.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 14 2005, 03:01 PM) [snapback]314565[/snapback]

Yes, if you are going to reveal contents of FUTURE episodes in Full Metal Alchemist Anime > American Audience (Adult Swim/Cartoon Network) forum, which is here, especially if revealing some key story points,
PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!!

It's [ ] spoiler contents [ ], and put the word spoiler in first [ ], and /spoiler (don't forget "/" part) in the closing [ ].

Yes, read the rules people!!!
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(elliott massaquoi @ Nov 14 2005, 05:44 PM) [snapback]314551[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 12 2005, 02:31 PM) [snapback]313144[/snapback]

oh ok....wrath kills lust later on right?

Ahhh will you please put a spoiler next time I really did not know that. ohmy.gif

i dont know how to put the spolier thing up....so dont get mad all mad at me...and what "tombow" said about how to put the little spoiler thingy, i dont get it!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN you have to put the spoiler tags like this---> [ spoiler ] and then your sentence and then [/ spoiler ]
only take out the spaces smile.gif
Odysseus
Can't think of a better way to explain it then ed's numbuh 1 fan did.

Would end up like this if done without the spaces.

[spoiler] and then your setance and then [/spoiler]
Tombow
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 14 2005, 05:35 PM) [snapback]314594[/snapback]

i dont know how to put the spolier thing up....so dont get mad all mad at me...and what "tombow" said about how to put the little spoiler thingy, i dont get it!

Ok, try this one... when you are composing the post, and when you get to the part that should be in the spoiler tags,

Click on B on the upper side, next to I.

In the blank, type in what you want to put in the spoiler box, then click OK.

Then, replace b inside [ ] with the word spoiler.

The ending result should look like this:

[ spoiler ]stuff that should be in the spoiler[ /spoiler ]

(except, there is no space between word spoiler and [ ], and no space between /spoiler and ending [ ].)

When you post that, it should look like this
[spoiler]stuff that should be in spoiler[/spoiler]

IF you still don't understand, try click on REPLY on my post. That will reveal how spoiler tag code look like, and hopefully, you get the idea what we are talking about. smile.gif
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
ok i get it now! thank you!
fMa_nv92
I kinda liked this episode, it made Lust a little more important to the series..
But it was sad how she killed that guy...why did she do that??
Oh, well...I can't wait til' Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(fMa_nv92 @ Nov 14 2005, 09:37 PM) [snapback]314744[/snapback]

I kinda liked this episode, it made Lust a little more important to the series..
But it was sad how she killed that guy...why did she do that??
Oh, well...I can't wait til' Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well she had to i guess she did say "You were my little mistake" sooo... but i really don't know how she could have somone be in love with her like that besides i don't really think that he knew that she was a homunculus.
DZBrick6
M'Kay, my own personal two pesos worth...Lujon was an idiot, sorry, simple plain opinion. He blindly fell for Lust, guess I can understand that, but he never questioned her 'teachings'...obviously 'learning through example' never occured to him.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
is Lujon(the dude with the glasses in this episode...lust's ex) scar's brother?...or did scar's brother die?
Ed Elrich
QUOTE(FullMetalAlchemist01FAN @ Nov 16 2005, 05:42 PM) [snapback]315698[/snapback]

is Lujon(the dude with the glasses in this episode...lust's ex) scar's brother?...or did scar's brother die?

Scars brother died.
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
kk, just making sure, thanx
Chopper Enthusiast
Yeah. I found it kinda strange that Lujon never questioned Lust's ability to stretch her fingers...

Then again I've seen stranger girls from LA...
Rosh Razgriz
No.. Homunculi can die wif da bones of the person the alchemist wanted to bring back to life...
U should have realised it on Episode 34 : Theory Of Avarice...
Those were greed's last word..
:'(
FullMetalAlchemist01FAN
QUOTE(Rosh Razgriz @ Nov 19 2005, 09:03 PM) [snapback]317292[/snapback]

No.. Homunculi can die wif da bones of the person the alchemist wanted to bring back to life...
U should have realised it on Episode 34 : Theory Of Avarice...
Those were greed's last word..
:'(

ok yeah i know those were greed's last words....i already knew they could die now...but wait you talking to me about what i said a while back in this topic about the homeculi? or someone else ( like almost everyone who sees this topic )?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.