Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 53 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sensenic
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 53 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 16.

==================

Haven't done one of these for a while and thought I'd start this one...

So... Six days left for chapter 53 and counting and the questions be...

1.- What will Roy do now that he's a prisoner, knows all the truth and therefore may not freely go?

2.- What will happen to Riza as the Fuhrer's maid secretary? (and working next to Pride? Saa...) Will (Or rather, how will) King Bradley use her to make Roy open the doors?

3.- How will Ed's group get out of Gluttony's Fake Gates?

4.- Will Al meet Daddy? Will Scar meet Al? Will Mei Chan get Xiao Mei back? Will they all be pwned by Father?

5.- Will some hommunculus die? Gluttony? Envy?... Sloth? o_O

6.- Will Pride come out? Will he be Scorch? Will he be the train man? Whoever else?

7.- Where's Hoho?

8.- Will I come up with another stupid sounding and obvious question?

Discuss!

<Last edited by Michiyo- on June 5, 2011>
Automne
AH! I knew you were the one who'd start the chap. 53 thread! happy.gif

And now with the stupid and useless answers! XD

QUOTE(Sensenic Posted Today @ 11:34 AM)
1.- What will Roy do now that he's a prisoner, knows all the truth and therefore may not freely go?

Die so I'll be happy I have no idea...Maybe Riza and the others will try helping him...They'll certainly learn about his situation soon. Mustang is a precious sacrifice so Wrath can't harm him...right? :hopes he'll eventually get hurt: I only payed attention to the Ling/Envy/Ed fight so I don't remember correctly.

But first, will Envy accept Ed's proposition? Ed saw where Envy's incomplete stone was located, right?

So, does the little guy have other plans for Envy??? Maybe he'll try killing him when they'll be out of Gluttony but like I said in another thread, Ed is stupid doesn't want to kill him/her because of the people on his/her body, right? :doesn't remember: Or maybe Ling and Ed will capture him/her to learn about the secret of immortality (Well, Ling wants to)? So much questions without answers! T__T :just hopes they keep Envy alive:

4.- Will Al meet Daddy? Will Scar meet Al? Will Mei Chan get Xiao Mei back? Will they all be pwned by Father?

Certainly, certainly, and certainly XD For the last question, I don't know! Will he ever attack them? Who is really Father? Some evil twin of Hoho? O_o

Hum, where is located Sloth exactly? XD He's drawing the array to use the PH, right? Maybe he's not far from Al and co.? OMG! I want to see what he looks like so much! >_< (Wants the book in Figure Black very badly) Hum, I say Gluttony will die because Father will get very mad at him because of what he did!
nakagos bunny
I think Envy will take Ed's proposition, to get him out of this situation. He'll do anything to stay alive.

If anyone dies, it would be Gluttony. Probably not much more to do with him, and he is not as popular as Envy. I kinda think Gluttony will not be killed by Father, but somehow die on his own.

As I've said in other threads, I think Envy will stick around to the end of the story. Because he's quite popular, the author will continue to use him. The only humunculus so far that she's killed off have been the less popular ones like Greed and Lust (why they're not as popular, I'll never know, but to each his/her own.XD). Envy was #5 in the manga popularity contest thing in Japan, so, yeah, he'll be around for a long while.
Nepharski
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 6 2005, 11:06 AM) [snapback]309916[/snapback]
Die so I'll be happy Mustang is a precious sacrifice so Wrath can't harm him...right?

I think Wrath only needs Roy to be alive for the procedure, so he may come to harm if he tries to escape. Wrath just may have to "Pin him down."

And I do hope Pride will reveal himself soon.

Also, because Volume 5 has 5 chapters (Anyone know why?), that means that this chapter will be the last one in Volume 13. Wonder what the cover and spine will be...
The Great Asparagus
wheeeeeeee i'm really too dense to think into this too much... so i shall simply say...

I CAN'T WAIT!! WHEEEEE!!!
kaizenyorii
Falman might have a more prominent role in the future mangas, becuase Envy told Marcoh that the North is next on their annihilation list, and Falman was transferred to Northern Headquarters in issue 52
lialiakicks
Wow... Chapter 53 snuck up on me... Can't wait to read it! XD

Uh... I just wanna know Al's reaction when he sees Daddy. XD But I doubt Al remembers what his father looks like, so he might not notice the resemblence...? O_o

As for Falman probably having a bigger role.... Uh, this is probably a bad thing. Everyone in Roy's unit/temporarily work for Roy that gets a bigger role gets screwed in some shape or form. Havoc was screwed. Ross was screwed. Riza was screwed (but lucky cuz Al and Roy were there). Fuery was screwed (yet lucky cuz Riza and others were there). Yeah... And now, poor Falman. Oh boy. It's bad enough he had to house Barry, now this? ;___;
Full Metal Elf
OMG!! I didn't know it was so soon!! YIPPY!....I hope it's translated pretty quickly, I can't wait to read it. I want to know what happens....
GaluxKitty
I'm still chapter-angsting from Chapter 52. If anything happens to Mustang, Hawkeye, Farman, Breda or Fuery I'll cry. And then get back to chapter-angsting.

I reckon they're going to make threats on Riza's life, and try to get Roy to bring back Hughes, actually. And I highly doubt that even if they killed her, he'd actually doubt he'd have the balls to go through with human transmutation. XD;; He knows what it does to a person, and he'd know that Hawkeye wouldn't want him to do it. I think Armstrong's going to try and help Roy and his lot as much as he can.

Oh, and I DEMAND ARMSTRONG'S SISTER APPEARS. That is gonna be funny.
MasterKris
6.- Will Pride come out? Will he be Scorch? Will he be the train man? Whoever else?

laugh.gif

I can answer ALL THE QUESTIONS WITH THE TRUE, DEFINITE ANSWERS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer - Read chap 53...
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 6 2005, 11:43 PM) [snapback]310295[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I can answer ALL THE QUESTIONS WITH THE TRUE, DEFINITE ANSWERS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer - Read chap 53...

OOOOH! Suuure! Torture us some more! tongue.gif

I just hope some significant things happen. I hate filler chapters.

I think Gluttony will be the next to go. He seems to have developed a conscience (somewhat).
Envy is too important a character to go now. Maybe he is just messing with them. Who know's we'll just have to wait and see. biggrin.gif
Neko_Nayru
I hope the chapter comes out a few days sooner like that last chapter.
I hope something exiting happens,like we see who pride, father or sloth is.
and I REALLY hope we see armstrong's sister...how many sisters dose he have anyway? wasn't it 3?
anyway...I just can't wait for it to come out!!! *bounces off walls*
AA battery
hmm... maybe Al will get eaten too, then in Gluttony's stomach, the brothers reunite and somehow, Ed manages to transmute Al back to human using Envy/TEH stone as ingredient... and after that, they will.... ok, I will shut up now before I say something PG-13 rated. *floats away*
Antimony
I'm curious if Mei and Scar will meet up with Al and Gluttony soon, and what will happen if they do. I'm betting Xiao Mei (the little panda) will feel torn between staying with Al or going back with Mei Chan! That could cause problems! happy.gif

Envy probably will team up with Ed and Ling just for a chance of escaping. The result may be Gluttony's death, whether by Ed's hands or Father's. And if Father really is Hohenheim would Al recognize him? He may have been a baby when he left but Trisha must have had pictures of him, right?

Whatever happens with Roy and his gang won't be good. They are totally at Wrath's mercy now, and he doesn't have much. I worry for them ...
carla
of course, and i've been saying this since something like three chapters ago? i think gluttony is going to die. if father doesn't kill him, ed & co. will when coming out of his stomach. but i wouldn't put so much faith in envy's popularity-- hughes was pretty popular himself and you know how that went. i'm still crying about that! sad.gif

as for hoho-papa, i sure hope they find him once and for all. al definitely needs to see his daddy soon tongue.gif

waaaaahhhh, i hope wrath doesn't harm roy's posse. do whatever you want with roy & riza (who knows, might draw them even closer biggrin.gif ) but don't mess with the posse! i love those guys too much... *hugs fury, breda, falman & havoc even though he's not there anymore...*

hey, anyone remember pride? what was the left we heard of him (/her)? i really wanted to see that heading somewhere! and now arakawa-sensei left me hanging... again...

but let us not be distracted from the true main point of the upcoming chapters-- who will xiao-mei (the panda) choose: mei-chan, or (*GASP!*) al? omg the drama laugh.gif
animefangirl
cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Nov 6 2005, 12:34 PM) [snapback]309907[/snapback]

Haven't done one of these for a while and thought I'd start this one...

So... Six days left for chapter 53 and counting and the questions be...

2.- What will happen to Riza as the Fuhrer's maid secretary? (and working next to Pride? Saa...) Will (Or rather, how will) King Bradley use her to make Roy open the doors?

7.- Where's Hoho?

8.- Will I come up with another stupid sounding and obvious question?

Discuss!

here is my guess.... in this chapter we will probably follow along with AL since the last chapter seemed to revolve around Roy and Riza... so in this one i bet they will make an apperance but it will be centered on Al and Glottony finding "Father" lol so yea... and i have a feeling Hoho-papa will make an apperance.... =D but those are just my thoughts ((personally i cant wait to see Riza V.s Furher.))
Ladymercury
My thought is that Wrath is really Jaba the Hut and Riza is really Princess Leia and Ed is Luke Skywalker and Roy is Han Solo (who is currently occupied at the moment).

Or that I had a really bad mental image of The Empire Strikes Back during that scene... god damn I need to lay off the crack.

I actually have no idea what's going to happen during ch. 53... just that this opened up a big door for Royai supporters and that Envy is going to get f00ked up. :/ Only 5 more days ><
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 7 2005, 09:39 PM) [snapback]310767[/snapback]

My thought is that Wrath is really Jaba the Hut and Riza is really Princess Leia and Ed is Luke Skywalker and Roy is Han Solo (who is currently occupied at the moment).

Or that I had a really bad mental image of The Empire Strikes Back during that scene... god damn I need to lay off the crack.

I actually have no idea what's going to happen during ch. 53... just that this opened up a big door for Royai supporters and that Envy is going to get f00ked up. :/ Only 5 more days ><

does anyone else think that is is where Ling will die??? anyone?

Ladymercury
I don't think Arakawa will dispose of such a great comical relief. Seriously, Ling is what keeps this story afloat in the River of Drama instead of sinking in the River of Absolute and Total Angst and Emo.

Besides, unless I have been so blind and missed it, there has to be a connection to why Mei and Ling ended up in Amestris at the same time.
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(carla @ Nov 8 2005, 08:45 AM) [snapback]310587[/snapback]

waaaaahhhh, i hope wrath doesn't harm roy's posse. do whatever you want with roy & riza (who knows, might draw them even closer biggrin.gif )

Or get them dead, whichever comes first.
Sensenic
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 6 2005, 08:06 PM) [snapback]309916[/snapback]

AH! I knew you were the one who'd start the chap. 53 thread! happy.gif

Are? huh.gif How come? I haven't done any chapter thread so far, nor I started many of 'em so far... happy.gifU

And now with the stupid and useless answers! XD

But first, will Envy accept Ed's proposition? Ed saw where Envy's incomplete stone was located, right?

Well, as people here said, otherwise it'd be no fun. Envy wants to go out, most certainly, so he can continue screwing humans... plus, he needs Ed alive, if the possibilty exists... plus, he'll probably get a chance to sneak-kill Ling which he'd love to do... So...

So, does the little guy have other plans for Envy??? Maybe he'll try killing him when they'll be out of Gluttony but like I said in another thread, Ed is stupid doesn't want to kill him/her because of the people on his/her body, right? :doesn't remember:

I wouldn't call that stupidity... read chapter 52's last posts...

Hum, where is located Sloth exactly? XD He's drawing the array to use the PH, right? Maybe he's not far from Al and co.? OMG! I want to see what he looks like so much! >_< (Wants the book in Figure Black very badly) Hum, I say Gluttony will die because Father will get very mad at him because of what he did!

The "drawing the circle" thing is just a conjecture, so far. We still don't what is he doing. And certainly nothing about his whereabouts.
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Nov 6 2005, 09:09 PM) [snapback]309941[/snapback]

Also, because Volume 5 has 5 chapters (Anyone know why?), that means that this chapter will be the last one in Volume 13. Wonder what the cover and spine will be...

Ho, ho... Not so fast, cowboy.... First we must see volume 12, which we still haven't.
QUOTE(carla @ Nov 7 2005, 11:45 PM) [snapback]310587[/snapback]

of course, and i've been saying this since something like three chapters ago? i think gluttony is going to die. if father doesn't kill him, ed & co. will when coming out of his stomach. but i wouldn't put so much faith in envy's popularity-- hughes was pretty popular himself and you know how that went. i'm still crying about that! sad.gif

Note, though, that when the first popularity poll was made, Hughes was already... gone, so this still couldn't influence Arakawa sensei. Plus, in his case, I think he was meant to end up like that since the beginning, just like the Roy 'n Havoc VS Lust battle.

As for Envy, I believe he still isn't gonna die soon too, but, as he'd say: saa...
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Nov 8 2005, 04:57 AM) [snapback]310786[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 8 2005, 04:59 AM) [snapback]310789[/snapback]

I don't think Arakawa will dispose of such a great comical relief. Seriously, Ling is what keeps this story afloat in the River of Drama instead of sinking in the River of Absolute and Total Angst and Emo.

Besides, unless I have been so blind and missed it, there has to be a connection to why Mei and Ling ended up in Amestris at the same time.

Indeed. Ling has become one of the main characters and still has many things to do... he can't go like that.... [fanboy]Hell, I don't WANT Arakawa sensei to pull another Hughes and make him go like that![/fanboy] *sits on a corner and starts mumbling in denial, as if he was already dead* tongue.gif

OT: LadyMercury, where did you get that videoclip? blink.gif The one in your av, I mean. I saw it a couple of times a while ago and I want it!
Reika
I agree with Ladymercury, there's going to be some royai, it has to be after Arakawa opened such a gate >.<

But I've been thinking lately that she may start describing Ishval's war now that they are being separated. I think it's a good oportunity for that.
We'll meet armstrong's sister!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Aoko-chan
YAY for Armstrong's sister XD (sparkles anyone? XDD)

I cant wait til it comes out!!!!~~~~

mmm..Ling is too much of an important character to die now (well, his goal isn't reached yet, not even close to imortality, and what about RanFan?)
Reika
I don't think Ling is going to die, Ran Fan is still quite a secondary character to leave her without Ling
animefangirl
QUOTE(Reika @ Nov 8 2005, 09:21 AM) [snapback]310959[/snapback]

I don't think Ling is going to die, Ran Fan is still quite a secondary character to leave her without Ling

agreed !
Full Metal Elf
I can't wait either!!! I want to know!! hehe
The RZA
I can't wait for this chapter. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fullmetal Fangirl
Woot! How long left? How long?! Are we there yet?!
Are we there yet?!
Are we there yet?!
Are we there yet?!

I cant waiiiiiiiiit! ...Oh...sorry, caried away again *oppsies*

My theories!
-Rizas becomes HOSTAGE and Roy is forced to open the gate for the woman he LOVES! *yells with passion like Shakespeare himself!*
-Ling and Ed get BASHED! Envy seems to win until...some UNEXPECTED happens! *rubs chin* I wonder~!
-...wtF to Scar and Mei..I dont know whats actually happened over there. I was actually thinking about something else while going through from page to page ever since the Roy section of the chapter...
Reika
[Offtopic] fullmetal fangirl: where did you find that image of your avatar??? :s[/offtopic]
Ladymercury
QUOTE(Reika @ Nov 9 2005, 11:33 AM) [snapback]311435[/snapback]

[Offtopic] fullmetal fangirl: where did you find that image of your avatar??? :s[/offtopic]

Its from the new calendar. Links are already up at the Royai thread XD
Electrastar
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Nov 7 2005, 08:57 PM) [snapback]310786[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 7 2005, 09:39 PM) [snapback]310767[/snapback]

what's this about Ling dying ? I really don't think that's gonna happen...I don't know why, but I think he still has a major role to play in the story. And I think this chapter will be split between Edward and Alphonse's different storylines. I don't think will get much military action is this chapter, but then again I could be wrong. I just hope we'll get to see how Lan Fan is doing in this one. I really like her and I want to see her back up on her feet as soon as possible.
Dingbat
Arakawa has killed Hughes and Barry, my favorite characters >_< I wish she won't do that again... However I see little chance of Ling dying. He's an important character who brings the Xing connection into the story. I would say the fact that he's a prince might be pivotal to the story. Plus he's too cool a character to be abandoned inside a wooen box XD

1 more day... Oh the wait! I want to see Father's face REAL badly.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 9 2005, 06:03 PM) [snapback]311440[/snapback]

QUOTE(Reika @ Nov 9 2005, 11:33 AM) [snapback]311435[/snapback]

Its from the new calendar. Links are already up at the Royai thread XD

Haaah? blink.gif [insert Ed's face after being hit by Armstrong here]
You'll reply to a question about someone else's avatar but won't reply to a question about yours?
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Nov 8 2005, 10:10 AM) [snapback]310927[/snapback]

OT: LadyMercury, where did you get that videoclip? blink.gif The one in your av, I mean. I saw it a couple of times a while ago and I want it!

Now I'm sad! sad.gif
*goes cry in a corner*

tongue.gif
QUOTE(Dingbat @ Nov 10 2005, 05:35 AM) [snapback]311709[/snapback]

1 more day... Oh the wait! I want to see Father's face REAL badly.

2 more days, unless it comes out earlier like last month... Or is it already the 11th where you are? happy.gif
Ladymercury
Oh, I'm sorry, I missed it (I was quickly replying to threads at school). Its from the Junir Senior Move Your Feet PV that I downloaded.
Aoko-chan
1 more day here ^-^ its the 10th *cant wait*
Dingbat
2 more days, unless it comes out earlier like last month... Or is it already the 11th where you are?

It's the 10th in here, 8 o'clock PM which means it's either 10/11 PM in japan. One more day and a bit more! happy.gif

For some reason Im getting goosebumps while witing for the chapter. Wonder why O_o;;
Sensenic
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 10 2005, 01:11 PM) [snapback]311857[/snapback]

Oh, I'm sorry, I missed it (I was quickly replying to threads at school). Its from the Junir Senior Move Your Feet PV that I downloaded.

Dun worry smile.gif... Anyway, I know the song (well, not the title, actually, thx for telling happy.gif), I was asking where did you get it. (If it was from some specific page or whatever).
Else I'll search for it myself. (Yeah, I'm lazy. Reeeaaally lazy... sleep.gif)

QUOTE(Aoko-chan @ Nov 10 2005, 02:13 PM) [snapback]311861[/snapback]

1 more day here ^-^ its the 10th *cant wait*

QUOTE(Dingbat @ Nov 10 2005, 02:25 PM) [snapback]311862[/snapback]

2 more days, unless it comes out earlier like last month... Or is it already the 11th where you are?

It's the 10th in here, 8 o'clock PM which means it's either 10/11 PM in japan. One more day and a bit more! happy.gif

For some reason Im getting goosebumps while witing for the chapter. Wonder why O_o;;

Arere? That's why I said 2 more days: if it's the 10th -> 2 more days till 12th. No? o_O

Nah, anyway... IWANTITNOW!!!

-ehem- sleep.gif Sorry. tongue.gif
Ladymercury
OT: I got the video off of WinMX or was it SLSK, one of the two.

Anyway, I need new chapter >< Can't wait anymore ><
kaizenyorii
I hope Ling doesnt die anytime, but it wouldnt suprise me if he diddd. Ling and Ed are similiar in the fact theyre both extremely devoted to their goals, and since FMA isnt really a happy-sappy anime, its possible Ling could fall short of his dreams.....

1 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes, and 40 seconds left until Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 53!!
Dingbat
Arakawa is a happy person. It saddens her to actually make scenes where the characters are feeling pain or are crying. So we can expect a non-angsty ending most probably (unlike the emo that is the anime)

I live in Malaysia, so for me it was only 1 day and 4 hours till the 12th. As of now, if you follow the japanese timezone, it would take about 20.5 hrs until the 12th. But of course the magz won't be delivered until morning wink.gif So it would take 1 full day until the scans are accessible.
Sensenic
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 10 2005, 07:25 PM) [snapback]311909[/snapback]

I hope Ling doesnt die anytime, but it wouldnt suprise me if he diddd. Ling and Ed are similiar in the fact theyre both extremely devoted to their goals, and since FMA isnt really a happy-sappy anime, its possible Ling could fall short of his dreams.....

1 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes, and 40 seconds left until Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 53!!

When I read that I couldn't help but think "maybe it's someone else the one to fall short..." laugh.gif

and I swear the first time I read "Ling and Ed are smaller..."

I'm starting to be obsessed myself too.... ph34r.gif

And, of course:

I want teh chapter!!! XO
Reika
I ca'twait! I can't wait! I can't wait!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!! >.<
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(Reika @ Nov 10 2005, 06:01 PM) [snapback]311989[/snapback]

I ca'twait! I can't wait! I can't wait!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!! >.<

even if it comes out officially tmorow, you may have to wait an extra day or more for scanning and translatingggg

1 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes, and 51 seconds left until Fullmetal Alchemist chapter 53!!
GaluxKitty
*throws fit* I want it now! NOWNOWNOWNOW!
Reika
huh... I normally read the chapters the day 11 of each month, the raws, I mean. And two days later more or less the translation is out.
kaizenyorii
hahah sorry i meant for us poor english readersss. or you can wait 2 weeks to get the canto-version
~*(Jaded)*~
I'm so very anxious sad.gif I really hope Al will meet up with "father" smile.gif (I think he will tongue.gif)
Full Metal Elf
I can't wait!!! I hope it gets posted and translated soon!!! I'm getting so excited! hehe
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 10 2005, 03:48 PM) [snapback]312019[/snapback]

I can't wait!!! I hope it gets posted and translated soon!!! I'm getting so excited! hehe

Take a chill pill tongue.gif *waits patiently* wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.