Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: “...the New Lust” [spoilers] In Episode 34
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
blissful_ignorance
<Edited to add "in episode 34" to the thread title, and moving from FMA Character discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum where all episode specific character question threads are currently being collected. 02/23/07 ~Tombow>

In the newest episode of Fullmetal Alchemist, episode 34 Theory of Avarice, I found myself slightly confused. My question regards the part where greed and his followers fled the Devil’s Nest to an abandoned house. A conversation takes place that raises a question.

Lust: “How long did you think you could last? Well time’s up.”
Greed: “And who might you be?”
Lust: “From what I’ve been told, you’ve already met Gluttony. As for me, well can’t you tell? I’m the new Lust.”

If she’s the new Lust, obviously there was another Lust homunculus before her creation. Does this mean there was another Envy, Pride, Wrath, Gluttony, Greed and Sloth?

On a side note, I’m also curious about the ages of all of the Homunculi. Since Lust says “from what I’ve been told, you’ve already met Gluttony,” that clearly verifies that Greed and Gluttony are older. What about Lust and Pride, who is older? I’m not quite sure, but I think Envy once said he was the eldest. I know for a fact that Sloth is the youngest.

My guess from oldest to youngest:
Envy
Greed
Gluttony
Pride
Lust
Wrath
Sloth

Can someone please correct me if I have them in the wrong order?
SilverHawk
Your age list is most likely correct; the only one we can't be too sure of is if Gluttony and Pride should be switched or not. However, it is most likely correct the way it is.

As for the "old Lust", not a clue, sorry.
Elderberry
Well, in the original version she refers to herself as "ima no rasuto" ("the current Lust"-ish), which implies that there was another Homunculus also known as Lust in the past. However, there aren't any more details about the "old Lust" for the rest of the series.

Envy is indeed the oldest. I'm pretty sure there was a thread in this section somewhere that dealt with the order of the Homunculus' ages...*too lazy to go digging for it*
MasterKris
Perhaps there was a old Lust and mabye Dante killed her b/c she was a failure or somethin? Also, there could have been a old Wrath and Sloth too...
AwsomeMn89
alright i like how u put ur age for homonculus but what about bradley, where is he, and pride, idk ive been trying to find out about him, i have noticed in BBI if anyone has seen it that pride is eds body made into a homonculus from hohenheim but in the show [spoiler]on episode 51 i think, he is mentioned when dante says ill have to get pride to go gather more follish humans so hes there but he hasnt showed himself, so if anyone can help me or tell me more about pride id appreciate it[/spoiler]

Please insert spoiler tags where appropriate.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(AwsomeMn89 @ Nov 6 2005, 11:00 PM) [snapback]310262[/snapback]
alright i like how u put ur age for homonculus but what about bradley, where is he, and pride, idk ive been trying to find out about him, i have noticed in BBI if anyone has seen it that pride is eds body made into a homonculus from hohenheim but in the show [spoiler]on episode 51 i think, he is mentioned when dante says ill have to get pride to go gather more follish humans so hes there but he hasnt showed himself, so if anyone can help me or tell me more about pride id appreciate it[/spoiler]

Pride hasn't been showed shown yet in the manga. BBI is not canon. And we would appreciate it if you used spoiler tags.
The RZA
Wrath is younger than Sloth
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Mahou_Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 10:18 PM) [snapback]310277[/snapback]

Wrath is younger than Sloth

No, he's not. Sloth is physically an adult, but was only brought to life six years preseries. Wrath is at least ten.
AwsomeMn89
my bad this thing was spoiler so i figured that i coudl just talk freely, but ya MORE SPOILERS AHEAD

[spoiler]ok so i was looking and i found in episode 41 that king bradley is pride, it was weird to find out but ya and i had a question too,
lust was made by scars brother
envy was made by hohemheim
greed was made by dante
wrath was made by the teacher
sloth was made by ed and al
pride was made by hohenheim( i think)
gluttony was made by ...?hohenheim (i think) again

the reason i put hohenheim so many times is because dante mantions in episode 50 that " Envy was...the first homunculus Hohenheim created, back when he was younger." so that means hes atleast created 2 and maybe one more later in his life and envy mentions in episode 31 that with "the new lust" the 7 of us(homunculus) havce assembled for the first time in a long time so theres 7[/spoiler]

But that leads me to a new thing, who is this new lust, and as envy refers to us it must mean that its the same lust because they assembled once before, but idk if anyone could clue me in to this new lust or any info at all id b very grateful
MasterKris
[spoiler]lust was made by scars brother
greed was made by dante
gluttony was made by ...?hohenheim (i think) again[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
It's more sure that the rest we don't know who made them might be Dante... Pride is definately made by Dante, she mentions that Pride was 'her' masterpiece... a Homonculus that could age...
For Gluttony, I don't really think Hohenheim made him either... could be though...
And ur thoery about Hohenheim making the old sins, IT MIGHT BE TRUE!! blink.gif [/spoiler]

One more thing, please at least put spoiler tags...
AwsomeMn89
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Nov 6 2005, 10:36 PM) [snapback]310287[/snapback]

[spoiler]lust was made by scars brother
greed was made by dante
gluttony was made by ...?hohenheim (i think) again[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
It's more sure that the rest we don't know who made them might be Dante... Pride is definately made by Dante, she mentions that Pride was 'her' masterpiece... a Homonculus that could age...
For Gluttony, I don't really think Hohenheim made him either... could be though...
And ur thoery about Hohenheim making the old sins, IT MIGHT BE TRUE!! blink.gif[/spoiler]

One more thing, please at least put spoiler tags...

[spoiler]i do remember saying that it was her mistake so i do get that and i dont tihnk gluttony was mentioned but if what u said was true about pride then gluttony had to have been made by hohenheim, cuz hes made more than one in one of my last quotes, then to support that the new lust mentions that greed had already met gluttony so he must b old whihc would fit in with hohenheim because he is like 800 years old i think[/spoiler]

and how do u made spoiler tags then cuz i dont get that
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(AwsomeMn89 @ Nov 6 2005, 11:30 PM) [snapback]310285[/snapback]

my bad this thing was spoiler so i figured that i coudl just talk freely, but ya MORE SPOILERS AHEAD

[spoiler]ok so i was looking and i found in episode 41 that king bradley is pride, it was weird to find out but ya and i had a question too,
greed was made by dante

the reason i put hohenheim so many times is because dante mantions in episode 50 that " Envy was...the first homunculus Hohenheim created, back when he was younger." so that means hes atleast created 2 and maybe one more later in his life and envy mentions in episode 31 that with "the new lust" the 7 of us(homunculus) havce assembled for the first time in a long time so theres 7[/spoiler]

But that leads me to a new thing, who is this new lust, and as envy refers to us it must mean that its the same lust because they assembled once before, but idk if anyone could clue me in to this new lust or any info at all id b very grateful
For your sake, I hope your thoughts aren't as nonsensical in your head as they are in print form. dry.gif

EKE: >D
AwsomeMn89
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 6 2005, 10:42 PM) [snapback]310292[/snapback]

QUOTE(AwsomeMn89 @ Nov 6 2005, 11:30 PM) [snapback]310285[/snapback]

greed was made by dante

For your sake, I hope your thoughts aren't as nonsensical in your head as they are in print form. dry.gif

ya i understand its hard to write and i get it in my head but it makes full sense and i just dont think u understand more or less or what i say, no offense, i looked into this very throughly

i have one more thing to add about the new lust and all and no one told me how to make a spoiler box so idk waht to do still SO here i go, [spoiler]in episode 21 when greed gets out of his seal gluttony goes and sees its open and hes all liek not him lust and lust knows who he is and shes knows that 140 years ago he was sealed so how long ago was this old lust alive to have a new lust[/spoiler]

SPOILER TAGS = [~SPOILER~]Insert Spoilers Here.[/~SPOILER~] (remove '~'s)

And don't double-post. There is an 'edit' button. >D
The RZA
Well we can't be sure of how old Wrath is so there's no official answer yet.
Nepharski
Well, in the anime, a homunculus is created when someone tries to reincarnate the dead, right? The person who "Pulls the strings" apparantly had seven Homunculi originally, and named each one after one of the seven deadly sins. When one was destroyed, they needed to find a replacement. In episode 31, Envy says, "At that means the seven of us have come together for the first time in a long time." I'm guessing that the Envy, Gluttony, and Greed we know of are the only original ones. Before or since Greed's imprisonment, the original Pride, Wrath, Sloth, and Wrath must have been killed off in the line of duty. The ones we know now are simply their replacements.
The Colonel's Girl
I'm pretty confused my self about the 'old' Lust.
MasterKris
Okay, after watching the FMA special, some things were revealed.
There was only a 'old' Lust, no other formal Homunculus.
Greed's unmentioned past is revealed and why Dante performed human transmution on him.
And so forth...
who me?Yes you!!!!
blink.gif Well if there was an old lust I wonder what she looked like, since most of the Homunculus look like the people who the alchemist tried to bring back to life.
The Krazy one
Your list is correct. x] Pride is 60 years old and Gluttony was created sometimes after Greed and before he was sealed. Since Gluttony freaked out when he saw the Seal, he was obviously there to see it happen.

People attempted human transmutations in the past. Also, when they say "Current Lust" (in my fansub anyway) They are somewhat disposable since "That person" can just remake them again as replacement.
Hagane no Chibi-san
Yes, there were other versions of the homonculi. The 'new Lust' is just the Lust that was created after the old one was killed.
My theory is that when a homonculus is killed, and a person performs a human transmutation, that homonculus that was killed is replaced by the one made in the transmutation.
So if there was a previous Sloth, and she died, then Ed and Al's failed transmutation was the replacement.

Ages of the homonculi are (from what i know) as follows(note, this info is for the anime not the manga):
Envy: 400+, created by Hohenheim Elric
Greed: 160-ish, created by Dante
Gluttony: Unknown
Pride: 60, created by Dante
Lust: 8 years old, created by Scar's brother
Wrath: apprximatley the same age (?), was created by Izumi-sensei
Sloth: 4-5 years old, created by Edward and Alphonse Elric

The homonculi's ages depend upon how many years ago they were created, not how old they were when they were 'alive'
Their appearance, however, looks similiar to their human bodies, and will grow and age until fed the incomplete philosophers stones. After they eat them, they turn evil...
For instance: Wrath grew up on the island, and was about the age of 8 when Envy fed him the stones. After that, he turned evil and stopped growing. but he also gained complete imortallity.

Sorry if any of this info is confuzing or incorrect. i drew a lot of it from my own assumptions.
The Krazy one
Envy: Over 400 years old... cute but still old...
Greed: 200 years old, sealed 140 years ago
Gluttony: somewhere between 200~140 years ago. he was present when Greed was sealed. Thus fearing the seal and Greed himself.
Pride- 60 years old, homunculus that ages
Lust: 20~10 years ago (During the Ishbal Civil War) Scar was still a kid when his brother made Lust
Wrath- Izumi Sensei created 10 years ago
Sloth: 4~5 years ago by the Elric brothers.
FMA4ever
QUOTE(The Krazy one @ Nov 20 2005, 08:48 PM) [snapback]317715[/snapback]

Envy: Over 400 years old... cute but still old...
Greed: 200 years old, sealed 140 years ago
Gluttony: somewhere between 200~140 years ago. he was present when Greed was sealed. Thus fearing the seal and Greed himself.
Pride- 60 years old, homunculus that ages
Lust: 20~10 years ago (During the Ishbal Civil War) Scar was still a kid when his brother made Lust
Wrath- Izumi Sensei created 10 years ago
Sloth: 4~5 years ago by the Elric brothers.

Wow! You got that pretty much right! happy.gif
Wrath V
I don't know much but, I saw the chapter in japanese with spanish subtitles and it only says -And I am Lust-and in chapter 31 I think, when Envy presents Sloth to Greed, he also said that Lust exists too, and so the seven were completed... or something of that kind, but it is true that :

Envy is the oldest of all (because of being son of Dante and Hohenheim)
Greed could have been the second but I don't know nothing about Gluttony's past, and there's the matter.
Pride is being used to control the military.
Lust is in someway, more human than she thinks, she even corrected Sloth's saying when they talked about Tucker and Nina... but what the heck, I am talking too much, so....

Maybe there was a matter of talking when translating the idiom, I dunno, but well...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.