Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bobobo-bo-bobo
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Kaja_Wolf
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (ボボボーボ・ボーボボ Bobobōbo Bōbobo?) directed by Hiroki Shibata, produced by Toei Animation and ran for 76 episodes from November 8, 2003 to October 29, 2005 on TV Asahi.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Bo Bobo is a man with the incredible power of hearing the voices of hair and using his own to fight. He uses his power to fight off the Margarita Empire and all of EmperorTsuru Tsuruiina's minions who are stealing the hair off of anyone they find to power up their emperor.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, science fiction
Themes: parody
Episodes: 76
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)

----------------------------------

its awesome but i think cartoon network might have canceled it for some retarded racing show that they also canceled .hack for!

they still didn't name the kid with the white hair -.-"
blissful_ignorance
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was not canceled. It comes on Saturdays at 10:30 P.M. I know this because my friend is obsessed with it and its “randomness.”

I believe the “racing show” you are referring to is IGPX short for Immortal Grand Prix made by Production IG. Production IG is a Japanese animation company that brought the amazing show Ghost in a Shell. I disagree with you in that you think the show is retarded because it involves mechas that have to race and fight at the same time and its animation is unbelievable.
Jay Wright
QUOTE(blissful_ignorance @ Nov 6 2005, 11:29 AM) [snapback]309873[/snapback]

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo was not canceled. It comes on Saturdays at 10:30 P.M. I know this because my friend is obsessed with it and its “randomness.”

I believe the “racing show” you are referring to is IGPX short for Immortal Grand Prix made by Production IG. Production IG is a Japanese animation company that brought the amazing show Ghost in a Shell. I disagree with you in that you think the show is retarded because it involves mechas that have to race and fight at the same time and its animation is unbelievable.

you are just full of knowledge arent you. well i don't like it. too goofy for me.
~FMAgurl~

I was right! I knew the animation looked similar to Ghost in the Shell's tongue.gif Anyways, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is an insult to anime. It's the most retarded show on Cartoon Network in my opinion. I'm sad because they didn't cancel it. IGPX is pretty cool. I'd watch it over Bobobo any day.
Kaja_Wolf
yeah but they have tons of those shows and bobobo-bo-bobo was retarted in a good way. And i like Ghost in the shell its creppy though , but they might have replaced it with bobobo-bo-bobo like they did .hack!
Ronaldo Rodregez
Bobobo wasn't meant for america so much. Lots of Japanese in-jokes. I understand some, but others are crazy, and I love it.
DustStorm
I watched it with my sister last saturday. I didn't really get it mellow.gif, but I thought parts of it was funny.
Molecular Alchemist
I'm sorry...I was bored and tried to watch this bobobo-bo-bobo thing with my sis....and..well...after we realized that there was drool coming out of our mouths and I was starting to get fidgety..we changed it. It's fine if you like it...but it's definatly not for me. wacko.gif
nakagos bunny
I like it all right, not my favorite, but then I'm more into the drama animes than the comedies. But when I want something light-hearted, something like this is all right for me. And I think that sun character is so cute. biggrin.gif
CHOO THE DESTROYER
BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo.
Just the kind of randomness we need to follow up Fooly Cooly!
Very funny! laugh.gif
the_lightning_alchemist10
I love bobobo-bo-bo-bobo (too many bo's?) anyway it's so random...IT'S SO FUNNY!!!! I understand most of the jokes too from all of the other anime and manga I watch/read, and sometimes my friend helps me (thank you my japanese friend) unfortunatly no one else understands in most of my grade, not too many ppl are into anime so they don't get it that much. Anyway Don Patch and Bobobo are the coolest the chorros!!!!!!!
DZBrick6
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Nov 6 2005, 10:35 AM) [snapback]309890[/snapback]

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is an insult to anime. It's the most retarded show on Cartoon Network in my opinion.

Nah, Bobobo is hilarious. It's a nice break from the rest of the series me and the kiddies watch. Yeah, it's bizarre, but that's what makes it worth the time to watch it. You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion. At least you watched it first before dissing it, correct?
~*(Jaded)*~
When I first saw commercials of the show it seemed stupid and pointless, the I actually saw it and thought it was sooo funny! laugh.gif
Karo
This is the weirdest show I have ever seen, but I like it!, it's weird yet funny.
Blazzer
THAT SHOW SUCKS

mad.gif o'm gonna use my mustach to attack!!! dry.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Blazzer @ Nov 9 2005, 08:15 PM) [snapback]311688[/snapback]

THAT SHOW SUCKS

mad.gif o'm gonna use my mustach to attack!!! dry.gif

But it's the stupidity of it that makes it hilarious!
Jen_Elric
It's an ok show. I like the inside jokes (yah know, when I get them), and I like some of the silliness. But, it's not my fave, and it will never become my fave.

If this question was asked after, like, the first two episodes, then I would have said the show sucks. I guess it's grown on me. tongue.gif
Ed Elrich
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Nov 6 2005, 11:35 AM) [snapback]309890[/snapback]

I was right! I knew the animation looked similar to Ghost in the Shell's tongue.gif Anyways, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is an insult to anime. It's the most retarded show on Cartoon Network in my opinion. I'm sad because they didn't cancel it. IGPX is pretty cool. I'd watch it over Bobobo any day.

I'm with her, bobobo-bo-bo-bobo is the stupidest show any one can put on a network.
Kit
It confuses the living Hell out of me. But it's also amusing. Everytime I think about it, it makes my head hurt. And yet it makes me laugh. So it's not horrible. It's not nearly as bad as *shudder* Super Milk-chan.
Nepharski
The show is actually highly amusing once you accept it for what it is: Parody. Nothing more. Don't take it too seriously, and you'll have a nice time, escpecially if you are knowledgeable to various anime stereotypes.
Femalchemist
I absolutely can not get into it. It's weird and I usually like weird but not this. Maybe its just over my head. I change the channel, read - anything not to watch it and wait for the next program to come on. I'm glad some of you like it but it is not for me.
Fan_Alchemist
I think it's an okay show. Some of the randomness is funny and somtimes it's so random that it becomes irrating.

The white-greenish haired kids' name is Gaser.
kokoro_shadow_angel
QUOTE(Femalchemist @ Nov 14 2005, 05:07 PM) [snapback]314626[/snapback]

I absolutely can not get into it. It's weird and I usually like weird but not this. Maybe its just over my head. I change the channel, read - anything not to watch it and wait for the next program to come on. I'm glad some of you like it but it is not for me.

ditto...at least fma comes right after it...its a cure for all the horrible things that show does to my mind...

that show rots your brain...its stupidity in animated form
Zeb
All hail BO7!
Edwardhellion
I Hate Bobobo with a passion, I don't understand it, absoulutly insulting!! dry.gif mad.gif
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Nov 6 2005, 11:20 AM) [snapback]309890[/snapback]

It's the most retarded show on Cartoon Network in my opinion.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Bobobo-bo-bobo is pointless and the title says it all.
Eiyuu Kou
There are fans for every show, no matter how stupid. There is a guy in my class that thinks FMA is stupid, so dont rip on one of the fans for a show you don't like...
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Mrs. Edward Elric @ Dec 4 2005, 09:36 PM) [snapback]324473[/snapback]

QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Nov 6 2005, 11:20 AM) [snapback]309890[/snapback]

It's the most retarded show on Cartoon Network in my opinion.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Bobobo-bo-bobo is pointless and the title says it all.

laugh.gif

But I also would have to agree with Eiyuu about dissing the show.
Colette
QUOTE(Karo @ Nov 9 2005, 09:48 PM) [snapback]311679[/snapback]

This is the weirdest show I have ever seen, but I like it!, it's weird yet funny.

Agreed XD
anime_manga_fan
There is to many Bo's in that name... O___O"

I personally have never seen the Anime, but read a little bit of the Manga...

So... Confusing... Yet... Odd...
Sandy_Tears

[size=1][size=2]
QUOTE(blissful_ignorance @ Nov 6 2005, 11:14 AM) [snapback]309873[/snapback]

This show is really retated i seen it before and it is really stupid it has hair stealers and 5 ft long nose hair thank god [adult swim] is after this disgrace to anime tongue.gif

and also howd do u get the little icons on the side i'm a new member? sry u see this twice i had to fix it
the_lightning_alchemist10
well i'm not sawing that Bobobo-bo-bobobo is not stupid but that's what makes it cool. it just make syou go "WTF" and that's why i like it.

and Sandy_Tears , what do ya mean by icons? like on the bottom called a signiture?
I am Aku
i don't like it the show beacuse it is way too random but that is what makes the show funny.
I think that whoever likes the show it is because they are poeple who likes random stuff.
please dont hurt me
hey ive seen this show and let me tell you it is so funny. man each episode just keeps me laughing
Smoke Alchemist
The show is stupid.
Demonhunter399
the show is really funny. but that about it there is nothing else that needs to be said.
MissAlchemy
This is definately the most random show I've ever seen...I think it's more dumb than it is funny
Chiyo-chan
I LOVE BOBOBO BO BOBO!!!XDD IT'S THE BEST/FUNNIEST SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN!
... what? some ppl here don't like it blink.gif well then u guys must suck and hav no sense
of humor if u don't like Bo^7 mad.gif Why would u guys think this show is retarted? IT'S
HILARIOUS! laugh.gif I LOVE, IT. its randomness is not weird, it's funny! that's y i watch it, cuz it's funny.
anyways, i just love Heppokomaru(gasser)! he's d coolest/cutest character there!!XDDD wub.gif
Sanzo2009
It's an okay show in small doses.
Kitty Alchemist
I don't like it because it don't make any sense.
Damascus
I watched it for like 3 minutes and wanted to shoot my TV and throw it out the window of a 6-story building. From the second floor.
Chiyo-chan
aww, u guys are being so logical and stuff :? laugh.gif
Shingi Hucuru
it's totally random, and its funny.There isn't a plot line, which makes it interesting.My sister is totaly hooked on it, But I still Like Inuyasha the best.
Chibka
QUOTE(Damascus @ Apr 17 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]382262[/snapback]

I watched it for like 3 minutes and wanted to shoot my TV and throw it out the window of a 6-story building. From the second floor.

Yes, I don't like it too much. I felt rather the same.

But I understand that many people like the show for it's random-ness. I was thinking about giving it a second shot. wink.gif
~Kurenai~
ah bobobobobobobo, mayn do i love that werid show...lol, me and my friend argued once about how many "bo's" were in the title.

alot of my favorite quotes comes from that anime:

"Did he just block my attack with a fish cake!?!"
Winter Phantom
I like it,but it's so random and stupid...which makes me laugh at their idioticness(Is that even a real word?) every five seconds.I think,OMG,WTF,every time they do something random.I think Bo-Bo-Bo's name is used 7 or 8 times...
FullLighting Alchemist
i love bobo becase the there idioticness and it awsome and cool but the dumbyness
lol
michi101
Hey guys I'm New here... Anyway, this topic isn't 4 a welcome.... mellow.gif

I didnt see this topic anywhere so here goes...

I've Gone on other anime sites and hav asked this question but no 1 can giv me a straight answer, and i'm hoping that 1 of u guys can.... CAN SUM1 PLZ TELL ME WAT TWISTED MINDED JAPANESE PERSON CAME UP WIT BOBOBO? IT'S THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! DOES IT EVEN HAV A STORYLINE? WATS WIT THE NOSE HAIRS? AND THE ROUND HAIR? AND WHO TOLD TOONAMI 2 PUT THAT RETARDED SHOW THERE?

The list of questions go on and on but let me giv u guys a chance 2 talk....

Go crazy... laugh.gif
Tombow
@michi101 - I'm adding your post to "Bobobo-bo-bobo" thread.
Hopefully, people who likes "Bobobo-bo-bobo" and watch this program can answer your question. biggrin.gif
Reindeer Age
This show is absolutely amazing in the fact that it still retains a faint storyline whilst going into completely different stories and acts. I don't think Bobobo-bo-bobo is too dumb to understand, but the other way around! wink.gif
The sheer wit that this show holds is awesome! I love watching it on Cartoon Network as it always has the stupidest stuff to offer. xD I love it so much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.