Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Listen To Evanescence?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2
Kaja_Wolf
It rocks and no one even seems to have heard of it! mad.gif smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
'The hell are you talking about? Everyone knows who Evanescence is... just that most of us have the sense not to listen to that music-flavored product garbage.
adamclark
Evanescene is not garbage. They're pretty unique as far as rock bands go.

i just am worn out with their first album. it's been a while since it was released. Amy Lee really needs to get on the ball and record a new one.

That is, if she can cut it without Ben Moody gone. He wrote a lot of their original stuff.
Kaja_Wolf
yeah and also i think they got into a fight. AND WHO ARE YOU TO CALL IT GARBAGE. NOONE WHO LIVES WITHIN 10 MILES OF WHERE I LIVE NEVER HEARD OF IT UNLESS I TOLD THEM ABOUT IT.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(adamclark @ Nov 6 2005, 05:05 PM) [snapback]309990[/snapback]

Evanescene is not garbage. They're pretty unique as far as rock bands go.

Are you kiddin' me? All they do is rip off Lacuna Coil, who aren't that good to begin with.
QUOTE(Kaja_Wolf @ Nov 6 2005, 05:15 PM) [snapback]310003[/snapback]

yeah and also i think they got into a fight. AND WHO ARE YOU TO CALL IT GARBAGE. NOONE WHO LIVES WITHIN 10 MILES OF WHERE I LIVE NEVER HEARD OF IT UNLESS I TOLD THEM ABOUT IT.

What do you mean 'who am I to call it garbage'? Who do I have to be to do so?

And it's not my fault you live in the sticks.
DustStorm
I think Evanscene is okay. I like My Immortal.
Molecular Alchemist
<Ahem *taps microphone*> Music today is in a really pitiful slump. Most music groups that are post-1999 are pretty much crap; they just copy what has already been done. And all the rubbish on the radio just sounds the same. Evanescence...yeah...some people may think that they sound cool (I personally am not a fan)...but, hey I gave them a chance when they came out...but they were just like EVERYONE ELSE--aka: a carbon copy of mainstream rock that is geared towards teenagers and selling merchandise. Besides, pretty much every band today is just leaching off someting that was done in the 90's or before that...or they are just clones of one another. I'll just stick to my NIN and 70's rock and wait for the cycle of bad music to come to an end...it has to stop sometime.

And that is all for my rant. I appologize if I offended anyone, but it had to be said *steps off soapbox*
kaizenyorii
Have you ever heard them live? Theyre horrible live. Evanescene is just riding the nu-metal wave on minimal talent.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 6 2005, 04:28 PM) [snapback]310069[/snapback]

Have you ever heard them live? Theyre horrible live. Evanescene is just riding the nu-metal wave on minimal talent.

Why would you give them your money? Not to mention that's hours of your life that you're never getting back.....
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 06:26 PM) [snapback]310065[/snapback]

<Ahem *taps microphone*> Music today is in a really pitiful slump. Most music groups that are post-1999 are pretty much crap; they just copy what has already been done. And all the rubbish on the radio just sounds the same. Evanescence...yeah...some people may think that they sound cool (I personally am not a fan)...but, hey I gave them a chance when they came out...but they were just like EVERYONE ELSE--aka: a carbon copy of mainstream rock that is geared towards teenagers and selling merchandise. Besides, pretty much every band today is just leaching off someting that was done in the 90's or before that...or they are just clones of one another. I'll just stick to my NIN and 70's rock and wait for the cycle of bad music to come to an end...it has to stop sometime.

And that is all for my rant. I appologize if I offended anyone, but it had to be said *steps off soapbox*

Nah, there's plenty of good music coming out. you just have to dig for it. smile.gif
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 06:30 PM) [snapback]310072[/snapback]

Why would you give them your money? Not to mention that's hours of your life that you're never getting back.....

i never went to a concerttttt. one of my friends has a dvd of one of their tours and theyre really off tune when singing live. lots of bands are alot worse live, like red hot chilli peppers and hoobastank
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 6 2005, 04:37 PM) [snapback]310082[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 06:30 PM) [snapback]310072[/snapback]

i never went to a concerttttt. one of my friends has a dvd of one of their tours and theyre really off tune when singing live. lots of bands are alot worse live, like red hot chilli peppers and hoobastank

ok..you scared me for a minute... blink.gif Hmm....from the sounds of it, it was a pretty bad tour...eeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!

@bacon: you mentioned that there are some good bands out there if I look for them? Well, I have looked for them for many moons, and I have given up. I'm sticking with Nine Inch Nails..now THERE"S a good concert! smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 06:46 PM) [snapback]310091[/snapback]

@bacon: you mentioned that there are some good bands out there if I look for them? Well, I have looked for them for many moons, and I have given up. I'm sticking with Nine Inch Nails..now THERE"S a good concert! smile.gif

Whatever floats yer boat, babe. I could give you quite a number of recommendations, but I'm really not sure if you'd like them.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 6 2005, 05:06 PM) [snapback]310108[/snapback]

QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 06:46 PM) [snapback]310091[/snapback]

Whatever floats yer boat, babe. I could give you quite a number of recommendations, but I'm really not sure if you'd like them.

Ah, so we agree to disagree--so to speak. That works for me smile.gif That's fine...I really don't wanna come into forum sites to pick fights over music...kinda juvi...but I guess whatever makes a person happy at the end of the day counts, right biggrin.gif
adamclark
does anyone here ever wonder what everyone else's gender is? i mean the names people choose don't help any...

i'm just saying because bacon said "babe" and i was wondering if that was a guy calling a girl a babe, or a girl calling a guy a babe... i'm just confused.

my name is sort of self explanitory. i'm a dude.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 7 2005, 05:51 PM) [snapback]310569[/snapback]

Wow... I never realized that anyone would ever confuse me for a female, with the way I post... blink.gif

You may not be a female, but you are still one smexy dude tongue.gif

My Thoughts on Evanescence:
They are overrated, and like Bacon said before, they are a rip off of Lacun Coil. I have heard people say they like them because they are dark and grungy or whatever rolleyes.gif Yeah, they are pretty drak, I'll tell yah...
Kaja_Wolf
whatever mellow.gif but evanscence isn't one of those bands that copies everything all the lyrics except for oneare hand written by Amy lee. And yeah her voice can be a little off tune but no ones perfect
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Kaja_Wolf @ Nov 7 2005, 04:45 PM) [snapback]310625[/snapback]

whatever mellow.gif but evanscence isn't one of those bands that copies everything all the lyrics except for oneare hand written by Amy lee. And yeah her voice can be a little off tune but no ones perfect

Well, if it makes you happy to listen to this, then by all means do. But even though Amy Lee writes all of the lyrics, they are about the same run-of-the mill stuff that everyone else writes about. unsure.gif

@adamclark: I'm totally a chic, dude. rolleyes.gif
Celestial Shadow
*Hates Bacon as usual and wants to kill with a blunt object* smile.gif

I wub.gif Evanescence. I don't care what anyone says, or anything about what genre they are; I just always love their songs. They're pretty, with a dark feel to them and their lyrics are like poetry more than most music.
AndroidLust
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 8 2005, 06:27 PM) [snapback]311084[/snapback]

I wub.gif Evanescence. I don't care what anyone says, or anything about what genre they are; I just always love their songs. They're pretty, with a dark feel to them and their lyrics are like poetry more than most music.

Here, here biggrin.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
I started to listen to them 2 years ago and fell in love with them, but then totally changed in the type of music I listened to and lost track of current songs... they're very dark... they're okay I guess.
Celestial Shadow
I wouldn't say they're very dark; they may try to be, but there's darker. Still, they are a nice band. (Changed musical tastes...? blink.gif )
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 8 2005, 06:27 PM) [snapback]311129[/snapback]

I wouldn't say they're very dark; they may try to be, but there's darker. Still, they are a nice band. (Changed musical tastes...? blink.gif )
Eh, maybe that was bad wording ^^; I just started listening to rock bands such as ACDC, Van Halen, Smashing Pumkins, and Def Leppard.
Celestial Shadow
Oh. (Harder stuff tongue.gif) I see now happy.gif
Fayth Prophecy
I love them^^ Amy Lee is an awesome singer. I just want the band to bring out a new CD...The last one was alright, but it should have been a studio CD, not a live one.
Ed Elrich
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 05:26 PM) [snapback]310065[/snapback]

Brutal.
I think the band is pretty good, but thats just me.
Alchemy's Lover
I LOVE EVANESCENCE!!!!! They are one of my favorite bands of all time. Amy Lee's voice totally kicks ass. I feel priviledged juast to be able to sing a tiny bit like her.
shadow_raven_nevermore
they're ok
amy lee sounds like shes whining
Mrs. Edward Elric
Evanescence needs to make a new album. Like NOW.
Kyros
Yeah, it's been forever. I've heard some of their new songs that aren't on an album, and they're really awesome ^^
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 8 2005, 07:27 PM) [snapback]311084[/snapback]

I like them too. mellow.gif

Some people are just... like that with music taste. The whole 'I listen to better music than you, therefore I have better taste than you, therefore I am smarter than you, therefore I am a better human being than you, therefore, I reserve the right to mock you mercilessly, because I'm just omg that cool.' Happens with anime too. And pretty much every other hobby there is to be enjoyed.
Water Achemist
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 8 2005, 08:27 PM) [snapback]311084[/snapback]

Go Celes!
Smoke Alchemist
No, I am not an Evanescence fan. I dislike them with great intensity! My sister is a fan which caused me to dislike them further having to listen to Amy Lee whine whenever i was in her car. dry.gif
Kyros
I didn't think you would say that but I don't really know who all of your favorite bands are either hehe. We've talked a little about music before but whatever ^^
Tombow
Oh!! Another Toby-chan's mad writing rampage here!! happy.gif

IMO, Evanescence has very strong distinctive sounds, (and mostly consistant messages along the Christian music, tho I think theiir music is more, and have much wider appeal,) and sometimes when I'm in certain state of mind I find it very calming, and their sonds beautiful, yet other times in some other situations with other kind of my mind frame, I would go, like, "Please, make it stop!! I'm not in that kind of mood!!" laugh.gif
Smoke Alchemist
QUOTE(Kyros @ Nov 21 2005, 01:03 AM) [snapback]317846[/snapback]

I didn't think you would say that but I don't really know who all of your favorite bands are either hehe. We've talked a little about music before but whatever ^^

OH! does that mean we had our first disagreement? *shakes head* Lets agree to disagree then! LOL tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Well, hell, I can't stand Evanescence OR AC/DC, so take that as you will. tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Evanescence is pretty okay for me; althought, yes, Amy Lee can get on my nerves, at times...
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 23 2005, 02:01 AM) [snapback]318581[/snapback]

Evanescence is pretty okay for me; althought, yes, Amy Lee can get on my nerves, at times...

Hm. I've talked to her before and she strikes me as a very genuine funny person.

Maybe I just haven't cared enough to read interviews and crap. I'm sure that her image demands her to be all tough and gawthy for the media. But I guess her ridicule of crazy fans will have to remain off the record; you can take my word on that though. laugh.gif
Kyros
QUOTE(Smoke Alchemist @ Nov 23 2005, 12:35 AM) [snapback]318552[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kyros @ Nov 21 2005, 01:03 AM) [snapback]317846[/snapback]

OH! does that mean we had our first disagreement? *shakes head* Lets agree to disagree then! LOL tongue.gif

Hehe I'm not saying you should like them so I don't see an argument. ^^ They're okay but there's better bands.
Fan_Alchemist
I like Evanescence. Some the lyrics seem to apply to me sometimes...
Demonhunter399
ive heard of it but i dont listen to it. i jus think its all garbage i dont know y anyone would listen to it.
envy15
EVANESCENSE ROXS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite is Tourniquet and Bring Me To Life
chemist
i like Evanescence i like a lot "My Inmortal" (the piano)
yoko0217
Most of her songs are about dying or something like that, but they are still pretty good cool.gif
THEY ROX.
Alchemy's Lover
Holy Crap I practically worship Amy Lee. I would marry her if marriage between women was legal and he agreed to. I love her singing and I totally aspire to her. That's why I became part of their street team. To spead the news about them.
FMA4ever
I love Evanescence! Does anyone know where I can download some of her older music? I've been looking forever and I can't find anything!!!!
I'm looking for "Zero" and "You". I used to have both of those songs, but my CD player was stolen and my CD was in it! dry.gif
yoko0217
Hmmm....y not check it out here?
FMA4ever
QUOTE(yoko0217 @ Jun 25 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]416240[/snapback]

Hmmm....y not check it out here?

Thanks! But I already found it! happy.gif
Sonae
I like two of the songs

I don't care about the rest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.