Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 34 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
TheVileOne
Al is still in the clutches of Greed. It seems that Greed is looking out for his own goals and not in league with the other Homunculi. Ed is being hindered by the military, but he's not going to go down without a fight. And he still has to save Al. But...is Greed the real enemey of the Elric brothers?
SilverHawk
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Nov 5 2005, 12:53 PM) [snapback]309449[/snapback]

Al is still in the clutches of Greed. It seems that Greed is looking out for his own goals and not in league with the other Homunculi. Ed is being hindered by the military, but he's not going to go down without a fight. And he still has to save Al. But...is Greed the real enemey of the Elric brothers?

Though this obviously doesn't happen, the smart move would be for Izumi, the Elrics, and Greed and his gang to all team up against the other Homonculi. That would make it a pretty even fight, in my opinion.

Anyway, even though I know what happens tonight, I still can't wait! biggrin.gif
Odysseus
QUOTE(SilverHawk @ Nov 5 2005, 12:02 PM) [snapback]309452[/snapback]

Anyway, even though I know what happens tonight, I still can't wait! biggrin.gif

Same here!

And no one ever does the smart thing lol.
Jen_Elric
Can't wait!! I wanna see more fighting between Ed and Greed! I just love seeing the new episodes. ^___^
TheVileOne
People wanting to see more of Ed and Greed fighting...well...

wink.gif
Full Metal Elf
I LOVE this episode...it's one of my favs.....so I can't wait to see it English dubbed. I love Greed.....smile.gif
Radical Alchemist
Ah... I don't even think i can bare to watch this one T_T
Tombow
QUOTE(SilverHawk @ Nov 5 2005, 12:02 PM) [snapback]309452[/snapback]

Though this obviously doesn't happen, the smart move would be for Izumi, the Elrics, and Greed and his gang to all team up against the other Homonculi. That would make it a pretty even fight, in my opinion.

It's too bad Ed and Greed are fighting, and not cooperating. But then, I wanna see the fight between Ed and Greed, too. tongue.gif
I'm so looking forward to this episode!! happy.gif
Wyrd_Raven
To paraphrase from MST3K: The Movie -

"Self-cleaning Homunculi! Leaves only the fresh scent of pine."

and poor Lira and Dante wink.gif
Full Metal Elf
The English dub was great!!! This is def. one of my fav. episodes, and I was impressed with the dub. The fight is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sad about Greed...but Ed really kicked his butt, and it was awesome.
Sikiu-San
wow, so much different from the manga but aewsome. i was really looking for that certain other person to kill greed and reveil their secrete but it did not happen ;-; a part i really like and that confirmed my supisions XD i was not looking for dante to die >_>;; and that tranmutaion circle =O!!! i also did not expect that battle to be so short >>

edti: did not mean for that emoticon at the end xD
Tombow
Awww, Greed is gone.... sad.gif And, [spoiler]Lira (ahem... wink.gif ) is evil!![/spoiler]

Action and emotion packed, awsome episode!! happy.gif
Odysseus
Yay the voice actors did a great job on this one. (I still prefer the Japanese voice for Ed when he's breaking down about Greed but that doesn't mean I think the English dub was bad)

A shame Greed was a shortlived character. All of his chimeras have died save for one. And Ed and Al are finally off to find the Ishbalan refugees. Lots of good stuff and it just keeps getting better.

Episode 34 remains one of my favorites.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 01:11 AM) [snapback]309738[/snapback]

poor Lira and Dante wink.gif

yeah poor poor them rolleyes.gif wink.gif

that was DEFFINITALLY my most fav of epi's it allmost made me cry! i'm still all choked up ;_;
Tombow
And,we saw another (new) transmutation circle, this one with serpent's cross. cool.gif
Yap, poor them.

Seriously, I wish Greed hasn't died like that. He and Ed could have made an awsome team to fight against other homuncli. sad.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
^ i doubt Greed would of liked that laugh.gif
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(ed @ Nov 6 2005, 01:23 AM) [snapback]309745[/snapback]

that was DEFFINITALLY my most fav of epi's it allmost made me cry! i'm still all choked up ;_;

i know ;-; when he was meeting his end in the manga after ed really weakend him they never really showed if he died. they just left you to wonder >_>;

episodes are definatly getting more intence and this is what i just love about fma <333 they can have every single emoticon in one scene and it will drive you crazy because you dont know how to feel or how to respond and you are just left speachless and just thinking wow after you have come back form reality >OOO< so awsome <33 ok im done xDD;;
Molecular Alchemist
Ya know..the fansub was great, but it was excellent to finally watch it in english smile.gif This is one of my fav episodes, though after I saw the series, I realized exactly how hard is really is to pick a favorite episode..hahaha! But...it was like a bittersweet symphony because I know that the episodes keep getting better and better....but...I just checked the adultswim website and they only have 2 more episodes scheduled for after this week, which makes me VERY upset sad.gif

[spoiler]oh yeah...poor lyra and dante...i'm crying...really....wink.gif[/spoiler]
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Odysseus @ Nov 6 2005, 01:22 AM) [snapback]309744[/snapback]

Yay the voice actors did a great job on this one. (I still prefer the Japanese voice for Ed when he's breaking down about Greed but that doesn't mean I think the English dub was bad)

I agree...I prefered the Japanese voice for Ed when he's breaking down after killing Greed. There was something much more emotional about it. Though the English dub is great...I love Vic, and his dubbing is always great for Ed.

Yea...I...umm...don't really feel all that sorry for Dante and Lyra
[spoiler] Well...I feel sorry for Lyra...and some of you will know what I mean[/spoiler]

I felt sorry for Greed...and he is my Fav. Homunculus...especially because of his last moments with Ed. (although I LOVE Lust too....but that's for another discussion wink.gif).
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Full Metal Elf @ Nov 6 2005, 12:44 AM) [snapback]309761[/snapback]

QUOTE(Odysseus @ Nov 6 2005, 01:22 AM) [snapback]309744[/snapback]

Yea...I...umm...don't really feel all that sorry for Dante and Lyra
[spoiler] Well...I feel sorry for Lyra...and some of you will know what I mean[/spoiler]

[spoiler]yeah....i know what you mean....what happened to lyra had to kinda suck...and it's a shame that Greed didn't realize the truth until it was too late. But still, Lyra was annoying, and she attacked Ed and Al in that coal mining town, so she got what was coming to her. [/spoiler]

I would have liked to see Greed survive, though....he was my fav homunculus, too. But if it was death or imprisonment, I guess he chose the right one..he was "greedy" after all. happy.gif
Tombow
^ Ahem.. @Full Metal Elf - [spoiler]I think some of us are not really saying that we feel sorry for them... Notice all that " wink.gif " smilies. Yap, I know you know about them. happy.gif[/spoiler]
It was a great scene with Ed watching Greed die. So sad, but great scene.
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(Sikiu-San @ Nov 6 2005, 01:49 AM) [snapback]309752[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Nov 6 2005, 01:23 AM) [snapback]309745[/snapback]

i know ;-; when he was meeting his end in the manga after ed really weakend him they never really showed if he died. they just left you to wonder >_>;

episodes are definatly getting more intence and this is what i just love about fma <333 they can have every single emoticon in one scene and it will drive you crazy because you dont know how to feel or how to respond and you are just left speachless and just thinking wow after you have come back form reality >OOO< so awsome <33 ok im done xDD;;

in the manga greed got boiled in oil, then it shows "father" drinking the liquified red stone, so we assume greed was boiled to death. iit would be less confusing if that manga panel was color.......
anonymouse
Ed is being short-sighted. He really had no reason to fight Greed, and could've learned a lot more from him. He needs to slow down and start listening to people more.

I hope we see Martel again.
Tombow
QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 6 2005, 03:21 AM) [snapback]309796[/snapback]

Ed is being short-sighted. He really had no reason to fight Greed, and could've learned a lot more from him. He needs to slow down and start listening to people more.

Agree. Although, Greed was almost INVOKING Ed to fight him/finish him. sad.gif
And, didn't Ed notice that transmutation circle in Dante's house???!!! Didn't he want to know what was that for??? Instead, Ed totally ignored it the whole time he was in that room. Talk about near-sighted!! happy.gif
SilverHawk
That was really sad...I thought it would be more of a glorious victory for Ed, but it was so much sadder than I ever expected. sad.gif
Sikiu-San
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 6 2005, 04:14 AM) [snapback]309791[/snapback]

in the manga greed got boiled in oil, then it shows "father" drinking the liquified red stone, so we assume greed was boiled to death. iit would be less confusing if that manga panel was color.......

thats right =O!!!! i have not read then manga in so long i forgot that ;-; poor greed, i really dont know which death was worse >_> i want to say when he was boiled but then that transmutation circle and the bones almost killing him.... hmmmm blink.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 6 2005, 04:37 AM) [snapback]309798[/snapback]

QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 6 2005, 03:21 AM) [snapback]309796[/snapback]

Agree. Although, Greed was almost INVOKING Ed to fight him/finish him. sad.gif
And, didn't Ed notice that transmutation circle in Dante's house???!!! Didn't he want to know what was that for??? Instead, Ed totally ignored it the whole time he was in that room. Talk about near-sighted!! happy.gif

iif you were wrapped up in looking for your brother and trying to survive then wouldnt you not see it =O xD;; but around when he first got knocked down by greed and he was looking at the floor then gapsed if that was not it then he did not notice it.
Full Metal Elf
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 6 2005, 02:56 AM) [snapback]309764[/snapback]

^ Ahem.. @Full Metal Elf - [spoiler]I think some of us are not really saying that we feel sorry for them... Notice all that " wink.gif " smilies. Yap, I know you know about them. happy.gif[/spoiler]
It was a great scene with Ed watching Greed die. So sad, but great scene.

Hehe...yea, I got that drift wink.gif....because I don't really feel all that sorry for them either, especially [spoiler]ahem...Dante[/spoiler]. happy.gif
Mustang_2
I really liked this episode. I am really sorry that Greed had to die. Like some of you said before I really think gaining up together on the other hummunculi so that it owuld be more equal, but he had to die. I think this was one of the more informative episodes, and I am now wondering if ed is going to be able to kill wrath?
The Alpha and Omega Alchemist
I looked on Adult Swim's website too, they are going to play 2 more episodes then it's on to the next season. Next season meaning we are going to be robbed of any more new episodes for a couple months. They are milking this series for as long as they can. Back to this episode...I didnt expect greed to be killed off so early. I though he was the main enemy when they introduced him in Lab 5. I got a question for you die hard's who either read ahead or just got "greedy" and watched the dubbed version's. How did Al, Izumi and Ed get those symbols of that transmutation circle that made greed throw up those stones? In other words, what is that symbol and why do them 3 have it on them in one way or another?
nakagos bunny
Greed is cool, in the anime version and manga version. Though I didn't want him to die, period, I think I prefer the manga death to the anime death because I thought it really illustrated the character's inner strength and courage. He never showed any fear and just mocks those putting him to death, never letting them see any signs of fear or sadness in him like they would have wanted to.

Although the anime death shows his strength as well.

I wish he'd stuck around longer. He could have been really interesting, a humunculi who might struggle with who he is, who maybe it's not just "greed" that separates him from the rest but something deeper....

I was wondering about the stones, too. Because I thought if he threw up the stones, then he'd die from that, if they were supposed to be the life force. So I'm confused about that part.

I wish they weren't so graphic with the vomiting.XD I hate those kinds of scenes. I hate when Izumi coughs up/throws up blood too. Poor Greed....*rubs his back*

And maybe I sound cold, but while I felt for Greed, I didn't feel deeply for Ed in this. I don't know why....but I just have a feeling his first kill of a human/human-like creature probably won't mean that much to him in the end. Maybe I'm wrong, but I never thought of Ed as some great pacifist or anything.
Nepharski
QUOTE(nakagos bunny @ Nov 6 2005, 11:51 AM) [snapback]309935[/snapback]
I was wondering about the stones, too. Because I thought if he threw up the stones, then he'd die from that, if they were supposed to be the life force. So I'm confused about that part.

Homunculi use the Philosopher's Stones they eat to regerate and live indefinately. By throwing all of them up, Greed lost the ability to revive himself from death (Although, he coul seamingly heal some minor injuries such as Ed gave him on his hand and side). The trick is to kill them until they can't regenerate from death anymore, because they've used up their incomplete Philosopher's Stones.

Blarg.

Great episode. One of the best. Just wish we could have seen the battle between Lust, Gluttoney, Dochet, and Roa.

Were those Dante's bones on the table? It would make sense, I think.
Automne
^ It was Greed's bones

[spoiler]Well, the bones of the human Greed should have been. You also need the bones of the one who failed to be resurrected to kill the homunculus born from the human transmutation . Greed says it to Ed in the end so your theory is wrong. happy.gif Hope I made sense.[/spoiler]
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 6 2005, 01:35 PM) [snapback]309950[/snapback]

^ It was Greed's bones

[spoiler]Well, the bones of the human Greed should have been. You also need the bones of the one who failed to be resurrected to kill the homunculus born from the human transmutation . Greed says it to Ed in the end so your theory is wrong. happy.gif Hope I made sense.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] yeah, they were Greed's bones...if you'll notice, the skull was missing, and that was because Archer (I belive) had it in that bag. Of course, after Greed died, the skull dissipated, as was seen near the end. I really don't know if this should have been in a spoiler, but better safe than sorry smile.gif[/spoiler]

Still upset about Adultswim not having anymore new translated episodes (well, after the next 2). mad.gif *sigh* oh well...Hi ho, ho ho... back to my fansubs, I go *whistles*
SekaiElric
Meh ive seen the whole series IT was pretty intresting and i feel bad what ed is going to do next vbut i aint gonna say it till i know how to do that spoiler highlight thing..
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(SekaiElric @ Nov 6 2005, 01:53 PM) [snapback]309956[/snapback]

Meh ive seen the whole series IT was pretty intresting and i feel bad what ed is going to do next vbut i aint gonna say it till i know how to do that spoiler highlight thing..

here: just write [ spoiler] and then type what you want and then end it with [ /spoiler] that will give you spoiler tabs smile.gif just remember that there are no spaces in the brackets, k?

Oh, and HURRAY for fansubs!!!! biggrin.gif
DustStorm
Poor Greed. :sniff: I was barely starting to like him. sad.gif
Chopper Enthusiast
Gluttony got to eat someone! Hurray! Though I found it strange his mouth was not wiped. Lust usually makes him wipe his mouth...

This was the second episode that made me watch the ending credits. I was too deep in emotional thoughts to do anything else.

Something that made me really wonder...Was that the real Lyra, or was it Envy?

And if it was Lyra, what the hell was wrong with her? I guess spending all that time with Yoki really messed her up.
Molecular Alchemist
^^and what's really sad is that there are ALOT of people out there who will be asking the same questions for a looong time because CN's new run of FMA is almost over for the time being. sad.gif

*coughcoughfansubscoughcough*
Koori
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Nov 6 2005, 01:16 PM) [snapback]309969[/snapback]

Thought the same until she preformed alchemy and Envy canít do that. I can understand why Greed has so many fans he and his crew were great characters. Wish they had lasted longer. ~ K
DustStorm
Uh.. I have a question, did Gluttony eat the chimeras? (I didn't really pay attention to that part.)
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(DustStorm @ Nov 6 2005, 02:51 PM) [snapback]309981[/snapback]

Uh.. I have a question, did Gluttony eat the chimeras? (I didn't really pay attention to that part.)

Yeah, his face was dripping with blood when he and Lust watched Greed walk into Dante's house. (and i think he said "I'm still hungy" too) Aww...poor little chimeras sad.gif

I think that Gluttony needs his stomach stapled..hehehe
adamclark
Greed sort of just falls out pretty quickly in the show. He was more of a flash in the pan. I don't really think he contributes much to the story, except when he tells ed how to kill homoculi.

His band of buddies contribute a little more, Marta at least.
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(The Alpha and Omega Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 02:38 PM) [snapback]309929[/snapback]

I looked on Adult Swim's website too, they are going to play 2 more episodes then it's on to the next season. Next season meaning we are going to be robbed of any more new episodes for a couple months. They are milking this series for as long as they can.

In some cases its more of Adult Swim not updating their database to let people know they added more episodes (all 36 episodes were previously listed when they first put up the FMA section on their site). However I am adopting a wait and see method. They have up to November 20th, so right now the key is to look towards the 27th and see if its a new episode or an old one. I won't stop the dvd releases one bit though cool.gif
DustStorm
Thank you for clearing that up for me Molecular Alchemist laugh.gif
I wonder if the military is looking for Martel. (Run Martel, RUN!!)
Molecular Alchemist

@DustStorm: no prob...I'm always happy to help biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 03:20 PM) [snapback]310011[/snapback]

QUOTE(The Alpha and Omega Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 02:38 PM) [snapback]309929[/snapback]

I looked on Adult Swim's website too, they are going to play 2 more episodes then it's on to the next season. Next season meaning we are going to be robbed of any more new episodes for a couple months. They are milking this series for as long as they can.

In some cases its more of Adult Swim not updating their database to let people know they added more episodes (all 36 episodes were previously listed when they first put up the FMA section on their site). However I am adopting a wait and see method. They have up to November 20th, so right now the key is to look towards the 27th and see if its a new episode or an old one. I won't stop the dvd releases one bit though cool.gif

Hmm...I don't think that it really is CN's fault (though it is sooo much easier to blame them in this case). I think that Funimation is still working on translating the series, and if that truly is the case, then there is a bigger problem here (waiting and seeing on the 20th won't hurt, though). And speaking of Funi and all that (a little off topic, but oh well)..next Tuesday...Captured Souls on DVD...YAY!!!
adamclark
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Nov 6 2005, 05:45 PM) [snapback]310034[/snapback]

@DustStorm: no prob...I'm always happy to help biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 03:20 PM) [snapback]310011[/snapback]

Hmm...I don't think that it really is CN's fault (though it is sooo much easier to blame them in this case). I think that Funimation is still working on translating the series, and if that truly is the case, then there is a bigger problem here (waiting and seeing on the 20th won't hurt, though). And speaking of Funi and all that (a little off topic, but oh well)..next Tuesday...Captured Souls on DVD...YAY!!!

According to an interview of the funi crew on adultswim.com (made a while ago, when the series started) they are done with translating the show. In fact Vic Mignola's fan group also got the word from him that he has recorded the last show.

Also, I'm pretty sure AS plan to show all new episodes until the series ends. if they do that every week it should last til may. but they aren't very accurate about their schedule. They said the Boondocks would repeat on Saturdays, but they apparently changed that, in a matter of weeks. they also went on for weeks about sundays starting at 10, but now its back to 11.

i think that group is ran by a bunch of college drop outs or something...
Wyrd_Raven
QUOTE(adamclark @ Nov 6 2005, 05:59 PM) [snapback]310042[/snapback]
i think that group is ran by a bunch of college drop outs or something...

They said as much in one of their bumpers laugh.gif
Full Metal Elf
I am sad that Darchet and Law died, I loved them both sad.gif.....Greed and his gang were the best! In the Manga they are soo funny, and it was shown pretty well in the Anime....

RIP Greed, Darchet, Law.....
Odysseus
I think the only way to actually know what changes are being made is to wait for one of the bumps. I mean the recent ones being shown involve asking stuff like, should we do this, should we do this, and it will be weeks before the website is updated.

You can't rely on the online schedule for more than the coming seven days. I mean the one on the page for FMA only goes so far, the one on the front page currently shows it going as far as the 26th. Plus they haven't updated the episode guide... ever actually. I really don't think they will stop showing FMA anytime soon. I think they're site will be messed up for a little while however. There are going to be some schedule changes after all. Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig and Samurai Champloo start up again on the 19th, which pushes FMA to the front position airing at 11:00 EST, thus pushing Inuyasha off the lineup... and putting NGE on the 1:30 Pm which moves some other show around..... Confusing stuff.

As for the college drop outs, I'm pretty sure they said they were High school drop outs. smile.gif
anonymouse
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Nov 6 2005, 03:16 PM) [snapback]309969[/snapback]

I don't think it was either of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.