Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 34 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Odysseus @ Nov 6 2005, 07:00 PM) [snapback]310174[/snapback]

As for the college drop outs, I'm pretty sure they said they were High school drop outs. smile.gif

Hmmm....well, if they are HS dropouts, then they shouldn't be too busy--they should get their act together and update that FMA site!!! biggrin.gif
fMa_nv92
Omg!....This has got to be one of my fav. episodes..it's sad how Ed killed Greed..
..i felt so sad for Greed...and i was also shocked that that was the first person Ed has
ever killed....also..it was nice how Greed started to tell Ed all about how the humonculi
are born..now I know why Sloth is kinda important..but I don't wanna give it away.....
.(even though most of you all might have figured it out already!!)
I can't wait til the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
(I'm such a weird&freaky fullmetal alchemist lover!!!!!!!!!!!) biggrin.gif
SilverHawk
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Nov 6 2005, 04:16 PM) [snapback]309969[/snapback]

Gluttony got to eat someone! Hurray! Though I found it strange his mouth was not wiped. Lust usually makes him wipe his mouth...

They probably just did that to show that he ate them.

QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Nov 6 2005, 04:16 PM) [snapback]309969[/snapback]
Something that made me really wonder...Was that the real Lyra, or was it Envy?

[spoiler]Neither, actually. It was Dante, who had transferred her soul into Lyra's body. I won't say how/why since that'll spoil a bit too much. tongue.gif [/spoiler]
Koori
Hmm Ö just thought of something, I assumed Greed was Danteís ďsinĒ, as Wrath is Izumi and ______ is Edís Ö but Greed was imprisoned for 140 years, that lady looked old but not that old. But the house had a connection for sure to Greed he stated about where it all began Ö oh boy Ö have some speculations. Wish Iíd been there for the original showing so I could talk about it more freely but donít want to be told if Iím right or wrong by those that know for sure or accused of unwittingly spoiling anything. So Iíll just have to wait and see like the other first-timers. ~ K
CursedAnubis
The way Greed looked before he melted into a puddle was just ... eww =( Poor Greed, I was getting to like him too.
ELRC
ahhh, when ed starts basically describing how greed is teh ultimate shield and how he cant be killed then starts crying, gave me goosebumps just seeing ed so effected by this
Tombow
I liked Greed's gang, except Tucker and Kimblee. Sad to see Darchet, Law, the lizard guy, and others getting slautered!!
And, Greed got killed by Ed!! That "Greed turning to goo in front of Ed" scene was so sad!! sad.gif
The Alpha and Omega Alchemist
I think the whole series has just been "spoiled" for me because of some of you people who cant seem to keep your mouths shut. Just because you have seen the jap version, doesnt mean we all have. In fact, id say about 80% of us on here only know FMA from the version we are watching right now. And dont say "if you dont want to know then dont read" because its IN every forum. But i aint mad, i just know some things i shouldnt now. Such as the eye patch, the body snatcher, the light...I am the alpha and omega! Next week will go UNSPOILED for me!
The Thunder Alchemist
What an episode which, like every good FMA ep answers 2 questions and poses a hundred more! XD

I really like Greed character, because he shows people aren't ruled by their sins; he cares for his gang, isn't cruel, and lets Ed kill him so he can learn how to destroy the other Homnculi.

Also, we see Greed was locked up because he tried to stop the person who pulled all the strings, which agian he probally did aultrulistically.

Ed's revalation that Greeds sheild was just carbon shows that the sin's abilities can be counteracted, better wacth out Lust, Envy, etc.!

So many questions: whats with the serpant-staff symbol, who is pulling the strings, and more... plz don't answer them, I'll just wait and see!
Tombow
@The Thunder Alchemist - I'm not spoiling. I just want to compliment you for your keen eyes. happy.gif
BTW, we still haven't learned what's happening with the military vs refugee face off that was about to be getting some sparks flying (literally tongue.gif.)
It's only Monday, and I can't wait for the next episode!! laugh.gif
adamclark
QUOTE(Wyrd_Raven @ Nov 6 2005, 06:13 PM) [snapback]310050[/snapback]

QUOTE(adamclark @ Nov 6 2005, 05:59 PM) [snapback]310042[/snapback]
i think that group is ran by a bunch of college drop outs or something...

They said as much in one of their bumpers laugh.gif

yeah, isn't that ridiculous? i mean, at least have some respect for yourself. cuz if you do that, nobody else will.

their selection of shows proves as much.
Luckyalchemy27
I love this episode so much. It made me cry. ;_; I was fond of Greed and his "don't-mess-with-me" attitude. His, as one of my friends put it, "going good" before he died was kinda sudden, I thought.

I found it slightly amusing when Ed was lecturing Greed on carbon (because I'm really weird that way), but then Greed died. And Ed cried. And I cried. ;_;
animefangirl
i loved this epposode !
TheVileOne
Greed really wasn't a bad guy after all.

He was trying to sacrifice himself to Ed so Ed would be ready for the bad times that lay ahead.
Molecular Alchemist
Well, he did sacrifice himself..yes, but could it not also be seen as just being "greedy"...he didn't want to be inprisoned again and sacrificing himself was a way of getting the homonculi off his back. Also, providing Ed with the knowledge that he needs to defeat the homonculi is probably his way of getting the "last laugh" at the other homunculi.....he couldn't get any homonculi as allies (as he mentioned in previous episodes)....but by dying and passing on this information, he gained Ed, in a way....
Jen_Elric
This episode is definetely one of my faves! I felt bad for Greed, especially when he started vomiting those red stones. I thought he'd die right there and then! But, no, Ed killed him.XD
I understand that Ed would feel upset for killing someone, but Greed wasn't human. He should not feel too bad. But, that's Ed, always the angsty one.
But, this episode answered some questions, and made a few more. That's why I LOVE this show!!!
anonymouse
When I watch the scene where Ed is crying over Greed's death, you know what I can't help but think about? Majhal. I know, I know. Ed didn't intentionally kill Majhal. But I can't help but feel that "A Forger's Love" kind of cheapens the emotion that I'm supposed to be feeling in this episode.
kaizenyorii
QUOTE(anonymouse @ Nov 8 2005, 07:25 PM) [snapback]311052[/snapback]

When I watch the scene where Ed is crying over Greed's death, you know what I can't help but think about? Majhal. I know, I know. Ed didn't intentionally kill Majhal. But I can't help but feel that "A Forger's Love" kind of cheapens the emotion that I'm supposed to be feeling in this episode.

look out, the anime defenders are gonna mug you now!!!!!
Tombow
QUOTE(kaizenyorii @ Nov 9 2005, 01:14 AM) [snapback]311359[/snapback]

look out, the anime defenders are gonna mug you now!!!!!

Can I eat him/her?? laugh.gif
Just kidding!!

IMO, just because this may or may not be the first time Ed was directly/semi directly the cause of someone's death does NOT alleviate Ed's anguish since Ed is still against killing. Hence, ep 4 did not cheapen how I felt while viewing this episode. But, that's just me, and I'm fine with other people feeling otherwise. happy.gif
mii
I missed it. I fell asleep before it came on. Is there anywhere I can see it soon? Like on the internet or something.

I missed it. Unfortunately I fell asleep before it came on. Is there any where I can see it soon? Like on the internet or something.
Chopper Enthusiast
You can always catch it again on Thursdays. But it is too late now.
Tainted_Alchemist
this one has to be my seconed favorite episode ("the truth behind truths" being the first) i also felt bad for greed, even though he ws a homunculi. i just can't help wondring, would he have teamed up with ed, if greed survived? he just hated the other homunculi, i wonder if teaming up with ed would of helped them both kill the homunculi.
Mikage_Elric
I started to like greed,too. what a shame to see a guy like that killed in edward's hands. then again i wouldn't hate to see him die.
Ed_Elric_Fan
I missed the episode cuz my brother is an idiot and didn't tape it while I was gone! It seems like a sad episode... is there any website where I could see what happened, or a fansub site?
Femalchemist
I agree, seeing Greed dead was sad. I was looking forward to him being in more episodes causing trouble. It was a real shock to see him die. I did enjoy Ed fighting him though. He was really into and tried to find the best way to win of course he didn't expect to kill him only wound him to get the info on Al. Majhals death was more or less an accident but he feels directly responsible for killing Greed and I was surprised they didn't go into that a little more. But I guess that explains the quick exit from town. He'd killed and he needed to get away from the scene of the crime so to speak. Excellent episode.
Rosh Razgriz
Damn.. The other homunculi too..
Greed was sealed for 130 years n after so long, he still had to die..
I hope hope Ed kills all the rest of the homunculi!
They are just pathetic losers..
Ermm... Greed said "she" always said he being too greedy would be the end of him..
Hu is dis "she"???

QUOTE(Rosh Razgriz @ Nov 20 2005, 10:07 AM) [snapback]317289[/snapback]

Damn.. The other homunculi too..
Greed was sealed for 130 years n after so long, he still had to die..
I hope hope Ed kills all the rest of the homunculi!
They are just pathetic losers..
Ermm... Greed said "she" always said he being too greedy would be the end of him..
Hu is dis "she"???

GREEDisGOOD
Finally! My Home! I LOVE this episode! It's the best one, in my opinion, even - dare I say it - better than Ep. 25.

Everything about it was just simple perfection. Everything. Finally, these last two episodes Greed got to own the show, and he went out in style. One hell of a fight - the best in the series. Not only that, but this was the episode to show that Greed wasn't just some big, bad monster - one of my favorite moments was when Dorchette and Law stepped up to defend him, and he actually tried to get them to stand down. That just showed how loyal they were to him and why.

But the fight was the best. It was so quick, and really, the tone of that part was the best. It was night and they shaded the whole scene in this dark blue that was just perfect. And I think this was the first episode for that one song that started to play when Greed died.

All in all, "Theory of Avarice" hands down the best episode of FMA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.