Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Map Of Amestris
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
wolfcookie777
I'm sorry...but I'm slightly new and have no idea where to ask this so here it goes unsure.gif

I got this pic of a map of Amestris (here) so I was wonderingr if anyone could help me out by telling me where the different towns are....I mean the ones that are not already shown on the map like Lior, Acroya, Xenotime, and Ishbal, ect...

This picture came from one of the guide books...I think it was the perfect guide book2...My friend game me this picture but couldn't help me in my search...any help as to where anything is would be greatful...also if you have the book that has this map in it...if you could be so kind to explain the things I need and any other bubbles on this map...

I believe that the guide books are from the manga...but I'm unsure about that as well...I just figure that the map could work for both anime and manga..that's why I didn't know where to put this...sorry again

Please resize large images or link them to prevent sidescrolling bars.
Antimony
Hmm ... could that town called Reole actually be Lior? The characters are ri, an elongated o, and ru, so it could be romanized as either Reole or Lior. Ishbal must be beyond the east border, it's a different country after all.
wolfcookie777
QUOTE(Antimony @ Nov 2 2005, 05:08 PM) [snapback]308315[/snapback]

Hmm ... could that town called Reole actually be Lior? The characters are ri, an elongated o, and ru, so it could be romanized as either Reole or Lior. Ishbal must be beyond the east border, it's a different country after all.

Thank you for your help....A couple of other people said the same thing about Lior and Reole in another message board...but they were unsure... smile.gif Boy, do I feel stupid...but I don't remember them saying that Ishbal was another country...could you tell me which episode they say that if at all possible...I guess that is what I get for not paying attention biggrin.gif Thank you again...for you have been very helpful.
Ladymercury
I could have named all the cities, considering all the spots are labeled, but I can barely see them, it looks smudged. sad.gif

Wow, though, nice map. Ironic that Amestris is circle-like.
Tombow
@wolfcookie777 -
Nice map. And, welcome to the forum!! smile.gif
Ishbal/Ishval is East of Amestris, between the countries of Amestris and Xing, according to manga.
Someone told me that the name of the country for Fma, Amestris, was not mentioned in anime, only in manga, though we've all seen that circle like map in anime. If so, maybe that's why you couldn't find the map for anime, but for manga?? happy.gif
wolfcookie777
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 4 2005, 06:07 AM) [snapback]308958[/snapback]

I could have named all the cities, considering all the spots are labeled, but I can barely see them, it looks smudged. sad.gif

Wow, though, nice map. Ironic that Amestris is circle-like.

Yeah, that the reason why I posted it...to see if anyone would know the names of the other towns....since they are barely noticable(sp)
smile.gif
Tombow Posted Yesterday, 09:28 AM
@wolfcookie777 -
Nice map. And, welcome to the forum!!
Ishbal/Ishval is East of Amestris, between the countries of Amestris and Xing, according to manga.
Someone told me that the name of the country for Fma, Amestris, was not mentioned in anime, only in anime, though we've all seen that circle like map in anime. If so, maybe that's why you couldn't find the map for anime, but for manga??

Thank you for the warm welcome...yes, I do remember seeing the map in the anime but they never show it close up, which is a bummer..
Now that you mention it, I don't even remember hearing the name Amestris before I guess I always read about the name at some of the websites so I guess that you are right about that laugh.gif

Thankyou all for your help...if any of you can tell me anything else about the towns and ect..it is always welcome
The Great Asparagus
oooooh nice map!!

hey you know that one part when ed and al go to dublith and they're like ahhhh its hoooot which i find ironic cuz dublith and resenbool are sorta parallel on the map so they're equally south... (if that makes any sense lol) but then again its probably just the weather or w/e

wooooow that was so pointless. *trails off* i'm sorry.... ignore me T__T

but i'll post this anyways
Antimony
QUOTE(The Great Asparagus @ Nov 10 2005, 08:26 PM) [snapback]312055[/snapback]

oooooh nice map!!

hey you know that one part when ed and al go to dublith and they're like ahhhh its hoooot which i find ironic cuz dublith and resenbool are sorta parallel on the map so they're equally south... (if that makes any sense lol) but then again its probably just the weather or w/e

wooooow that was so pointless. *trails off* i'm sorry.... ignore me T__T

but i'll post this anyways

I think I can explain that. See that little compass in the lower left hand corner, where Ed and Al are running? Notice that it's tilted slightly to the right.
The Great Asparagus
well yeah i noticed that, but they're still pretty parallel (up in the last post) oh but... who cares!! i'm starting to argue pretty pointlessly now... aghhh
Antimony
I'm wondering if there's someone who can translate some of those other cities' names. Except for the ones we know already they're all in Japanese! Anybody out there wanna give it a shot?
Tombow
^^ We could, only if the letters are in larger prints, and legible. happy.gif
Antimony
Dang! We need a bigger picture!
The Krazy one
Uhh I'd say there's a Xerxes tossed somewhere in there but That's between Ishbal and Xing so I doubt it. I can't really help sorry ^^;;
Dingbat
If I'm not mistaken Ishvar should be somewhere to the NorthEast of Youswell. Here's a map that someone from LJ drew:

Map...

Xerxes is WAY to the East. It's in the beginning of the Great Desert (that leads to Xing). The big dot in the following map is Xerxes:

IPB Image

I can translate the towns for you if you have a bigger scan... which I don't think anyone has unfortunately =/ BTW, where did all the maps come from?
wolfcookie777
Xerxes is WAY to the East. It's in the beginning of the Great Desert (that leads to Xing). The big dot in the following map is Xerxes:

IPB Image

I can translate the towns for you if you have a bigger scan... which I don't think anyone has unfortunately =/ BTW, where did all the maps come from?

Well the map that I got was from the perfect guide book 2...something like that...it wasn't my book...someone gave me that pic which I am sorry to say I wish I could get a bigger pic of it

Wow... where did you get the last pic that you posted??? It looks like it came from the same book...

Again, I just want to thank you all for trying to help me figure out where everything is...If anyone have more info on the subject or the book I'd talked about... please posted it smile.gif

Dingbat
Not sure really... I just saved pretty much all FMA pics I could get my hands on XD I'll get back at you when I find the source of this pic.
Ju-Shu
im a big graphic design freak and i could probably make the words visable and translate for you =)
i will try to do that ... since i would like to know what they are as well >_<

tongue.gif
Tombow
^^ Oh!! That will be great!! Thanks Ju-Shu!!
Ju-Shu
Bleah... its waaay to small... its gonna have to be scanned and enlarged in sections...

sorry =(
Asj Johnson
Hey, anyone know anything about this? dry.gif
The map is definitely the best I've seen and tells me a lot, but why's the thread abandoned? Couldn't anyone make out the smaller towns? I wanna know where everything is... What's New Optain? I know that Aquroya should be on the way to Eastern from Lior (and I know that there is no train to Lior), I'm not sure about Xenotime but I would assume it'd be close by to Aquroya... (if the lines are train routes - which is the only thing I can think of that they'd be - then I can probably figure out how the trains work but just barely...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.