Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photography Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Quistis88
Miyuki is such a dominatrix! ohmy.gif
ScarMySoul
@Sweety Pie lol you can call me that... it actually make me laugh... anywho... my dog is chow/golden retriever mix.... and about the flowers, are you talking about the Dahlia or the pink ones, because I can't remember the name lol....

@ Tombow Thanks!
Tombow
@Abstruse Eulogy - I love those pics of doggies playing in the snow!!
They look like they are having tons of funs!! ^^
Chiyo
Love the doggies in the snow, Miyuki is all dominant.

Funny Snow - just fell, and has already melted
My entry for the 'Light Photo' contest Caught in the Moment
Edamame
Sweety Pie:Thank you for the comments. I can't remember the name of the flower in the first photograph, but the flowers in the second picture are orchids. (Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arranging. It has a very minamalist approach with sometimes only one flower place in a special vase.)

Blitz: I love the last photograph in the Balloon series. The contrast between in the blue sky and the black hand is really striking.

Scar My Soul: The photograph of the Dhalia is such an artisitic shot. I love how the camera is focused on the flower, and the background is out of focus. The pinks flowers in the next picture are so colourful. You have the cutest dog and cat; my dog freaks out whenever I try to photograph him.

Abstruse Eulogy: I love the photographs of Miyuki and your other dog playing in the snow. You are did a great job capturing both animals in the action shots. I agree with Quistis that Miyuki certainly seems to be a dominatrix. Great shots!

Chiyo: Cool close-up shot of the newly fallen snow. I like the texture of it. "Caught in the Moment" is such a beautiful and dramatic photograph of you. The natural light creates such a lovely effect. Best of luck in the photo contest!

~So I caught bored and tried my hands at self-portraits. Too bad the time on my camera doesn't work that well.
Self Portrait
Storm Clouds over Costa Brava
sweety_pie
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Mar 18 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]519364[/snapback]
@Sweety Pie lol you can call me that... it actually make me laugh... anywho... my dog is chow/golden retriever mix.... and about the flowers, are you talking about the Dahlia or the pink ones, because I can't remember the name lol....
Glad you let me call you that.
I love your dog. smile.gif
I think I was talking of the pink ones. I only asked because I recognized them, I think we might have some like them around here.

QUOTE(Edamame @ Mar 19 2007, 02:28 PM) [snapback]519616[/snapback]
Sweety Pie:Thank you for the comments. I can't remember the name of the flower in the first photograph, but the flowers in the second picture are orchids. (Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arranging. It has a very minamalist approach with sometimes only one flower place in a special vase.)

~So I caught bored and tried my hands at self-portraits. Too bad the time on my camera doesn't work that well.
Self Portrait
Storm Clouds over Costa Brava

Ikebana sounds cool. It seems rather relaxing.

The Costa Brava is really beautiful. You are really beautiful also. wink.gif

@Chiyo - That snow/hail is pretty. I really like the way the light hits in the last pic. Makes it kinda look like you are glowing.

@Void - Your dog is adorable. Whose is the other one? Or do you have two doggies?
Tombow
@Chiyo - Wow, you got snow and hails?? Glad you got that captured before got melted!!
Caught in the Moment came out beautiful!!
That lighting effect looks soft, and warm, and heavenly good!!

@Edamame - You are so naturally beautiful!! IMO you have the face of classic European beauty!!
And, the beautiful pic of Costa Brava! I can see the storm cloud beginning to form.
Nice pics!! happy.gif
Ailuro
This is what happens when Ailuro is bored with a camera.

Cloud shaped like a heart shot with an arrow.

Random crow that walked by my car.

My eye unaltered.

These weren't taken to be artistic or anything. :p Just some random crap.
Carnal Malefactor
Such a pretty eye! So much depth to it.
Chiyo
Eda: you are so naturally pretty, and I still want your hair.

Aily: The cloud was a great capture, and that close up of your eye is so crystal clear and you can see all the different shades.
Tombow
Ailuro-san - Impressive super close-up pics!!
Your eye is beautiful!! ^^
Kenji
Photo posted as to fulfill my promise made at this tread,

Click to view attachment

Picture of my left hand with long fingernails for a boy's hand... tongue.gif
Edamame
Thankyou for the comments everyone.

Ailuro: I love the photograph of the heart-shaped cloud! The photograph of your eye is incredible; there are so many different shades of colour. I really like how the natural light shines off of your iris. Lovely job!

Kenji: Wow, you have very long and graceful fingers. (You have wonderful piano playing hands.) Your finger-nails are almost longer than mine. My mother always joked that I had finger-nails like an ancient Chinese empress. ohmy.gif
Chiyo
Cute ickle Winry *sigh*

79 views in 8mins, my new record
Tombow
@Chiyo - You are simply amazing as Winry!! ^^

@Kenji - Wow... I will probably go crazy if I I had long fingernails like that!! laugh.gif
But, you have such a beautiful hand (nails included!!) that IMO you could be a hand model!!
Kenji
QUOTE(Edamame @ Mar 21 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]520309[/snapback]
Kenji: Wow, you have very long and graceful fingers. (You have wonderful piano playing hands.) Your finger-nails are almost longer than mine. My mother always joked that I had finger-nails like an ancient Chinese empress. ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 22 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]520401[/snapback]
@Kenji - Wow... I will probably go crazy if I I had long fingernails like that!! laugh.gif
But, you have such a beautiful hand (nails included!!) that IMO you could be a hand model!!

Beautiful hands... o.o
Hand model o.O
graceful fingers O.o
wonderful piano playing hands O.O

Some girls that went outing with me once said "Hey Kenji, you know what.. I want to exchange my hands with yours"

Now I understand it... Thanks for the compliments... laugh.gif

@Tombow On December last year, my fingernails are twice that lenght before I cut it for hygienic purpose when making my cookies... Still remember my cookies?? XD tongue.gif
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Look at what I bought today tongue.gif biggrin.gif

They had a "sale" so I bought these. I spent like 610 Php which is around $12.20.

Price in US dollars:
FMA Movie Original Soundtrack: $9
FMA Mini artbook: $1.20
FMA Pins: $1.20 (1x = $0.60)
FMA Posters: $0.80 (1x = $0.40)

Too bad they only had those two types of posters. They had five or six during the morning but they ran out when I came back late in the afternoon.

Kenji
If you show that to me a few years ago, I will grow envy towards you...
But the Kenji now will just be really happy after knowing you owned such great merchandises... ^.^ happy.gif
wub.gif the nasty looking Ed on top of Al's head poster...
Thanks for sharing!

AAh...OST CD! I can't find any in Malaysia market... Glad they have it at Philippines...
I only got it because it was on sale. XD It's the FMA Movie Original Soundtrack BTW. I just LOVE the music in the movie. I like classical music and the music used in the FMA movie aside from the opening and ending songs were of classical genre. I just love it! So I just had to buy it while it was still on sale.

I'm camera-shy... but I'll try to post pictures of myself soon. Maybe pictures of when I was small because I looked better then. XD biggrin.gif ph34r.gif laugh.gif I look ugly now because I'm older... Gah... just 6 1/2 more months till I become 14 and become even uglier... sad.gif
Edamame
Chiyo: You are so pretty; the photograph is lovely. I have to say that you are the best Winry cosplayer that I have seen. (Your hair looks pretty blonde to me. Blonde hair is such a pain because you have to constantly dye it or highlight it to avoid becoming a brunette. I have the same problem during the winter.)

Ratzen: Cute Fullmetal merchandise. I really like the posters and the funny little note you wrote. It rather annoys me that I cannot find the FMA poster I own anywhere online or where I am currently living. (My friend got it for me in Japan, and it is a poster of Heiderich and Edward in Munich.)
Tombow
@Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - You got nice score on FMA merchandises!!
That posts for $.40 each!! ohmy.gif They look really nice!!
the movie OST is very nice, too!! Enjoy!! biggrin.gif
Blitz
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - Wow, awesome deals! I don't own any FMA merchandise except for the manga.... -.-;;

Ah, I've been itching to get my hands on Photoshop. I haven't done anything since Monday and it was killing me. >: P

Leaf!
Kenji
aah...another nature photo by Blitz happy.gif
and this time it is two photo merged together... those clouds are beautiful!! These days we only have clear blue skies at Malaysia... only a little clouds....
Slashrose1010
I went to a science museumy place today, and took pictures. I have some stuffed animals photographed, but I didn't upload them yet, but I thought this was a very interesting piece in the museum:

It is an astronomical globe. It has the constellations and stars painted on it, while the globe is translucent. It looks cool~

Whoa! Nice pictures Blitz and Slashrose1010. BTW, that science museum picture... it reminds me of the set of the movie "LXG" and some others.
Tombow
@Slashrose - I love that picture of astronomical globe!! biggrin.gif
I'm fascinated by old astronomical instruments. ^^

@Blitz - Nice combination of dramatic cloud and sun in the sky, and static single leaf on the ground pic!!
Love the effect of leg lines leading us the the "leaf" focal point!! biggrin.gif
sweety_pie
I took some pictures today. I cannot post some of them. But anyways...

Oh god where did her feet go!!

What a cute bush thingy.

Liter.

Lot.

The lake.

---
I think I am gonna scan some of my pics from Chuch E Cheese. I have been shirking doing that for a few weeks.

Slashrose1010
Mmm, absinthe smile.gif

Cute kitty :3 and the sunset was very pretty. The sky part anyway.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 24 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]521550[/snapback]
Mmm, absinthe smile.gif

Cute kitty :3 and the sunset was very pretty. The sky part anyway.

lol thanks. happy.gif
Tombow
@sweety_pie - Was that you in jeans in the pic?? biggrin.gif
The little bush with the flower (looks like a baby magnolia tree) is nice!
And, the lot and the lake is nice... the lake looks huge!!
Nice pics! biggrin.gif

@ScarMySoul - Beautiful shots!!
Adrial and Ginger are Looking good!! biggrin.gif
Daisies part 1 & 2 are so vivid, it's like looking some artwork!
Dahlia #2 and Leaves are beautiful close up shots, and Sunset looks so calm and peaceful!
But my favorites are your kitchen pic and your bottle collection! Love those old Coke/Pepsi Ads!!
And, I see you tasted some Gekkeikan. biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
@ScarMySoul - Beautiful shots!!
Adrial and Ginger are Looking good!! biggrin.gif
Daisies part 1 & @ are so vivid, it's like looking some artwork!
Dahlia #2 and Leaves are beautiful close up shots, and Sunset looks so calm and peaceful!
But my favorites are your kitchen pic and your bottle collection! Love those old Coke/Pepsi Ads!!
And, I see you tasted some Gekkeikan. biggrin.gif

Thanks! The Gekeikan I have tasted and not to fond of the regular. I do like the plum flavored when its chilled. smile.gif
Blitz
Hey, all~

Roses
Tombow
@Blitz - I really love the way you create drama/story in your pics!!
That one looks like someone just received a delivery of flower, and deciding weather to accept or not to accept...or something like that!!
I like the subdued tone of the wood deck. That seems to pop the human part of the pic and making us focus on the human element of this story!! biggrin.gif

@ScarMySoul - Me, too!! I like Gekkeikan "plum wine." ^^
Blitz
^ Thankies~

This one's a photomanip.

Scribbles
Tombow
@Blitz - That one looks so pretty!!
Looks like someone is drawing the pic of sky for children's storybook!!
Whimsical and charming!! I love it!! happy.gif
Chiyo
Fantastic as always Blitz

Sing to Me
Twilightz
Blitz, really beautiful pic. Loved the colors. smile.gif

Chiyo, nice detail that the mirror is colored more than foreground of the picture. I believe you did that on purpose. Anyway, nice job. smile.gif
Kenji
Chi you have beautiful jade coloured eyes... wub.gif
Quistis88
Wow, Blitz's shots are very simplistic. I like. smile.gif

Chinry's so cute. laugh.gif
sweety_pie
@Aily - Nice heart. It is beautiful. And you have beautiful eyes.

@Kenji - I bet you would be good at playing the piano or something.

@Ratzenheich FMA - Nice buy!
I really like the stars in the back ground. smile.gif

@Blitz -
You are really a genius when it comes to photography. biggrin.gif
Rose come in yellow? And the scribbles are just lovely.

@Slashrose -
Wow that is really beautiful.

@ScatMySoul - I love your cats. smile.gif And the Dahlia is so beautiful.
I really love the daisys.They look good anough to eat. I did not know they made blue, and pink ones though. huh.gif
Nice bottle collection. And I really love the clock in your kintchen.
What breed id your dog? (May I ask)

@Chiyo - You are a really talented photographer. Where do you get your inspiration?

@Tombow - No the one in the jeans is my sister. I had to take a picture of her shoes.
I am not sure what kind of bush that was. I think it is some kind of Dogwood.
Actually I think that pic. was of the river not the lake. Which is why it looks so big.
Blitz
Thanks so much everyone. *feelswarmandfuzzy*

Stars and Hearts

I've been getting bursts of ideas lately. I just hope they don't die out. o_o;;
Tombow
@Blitz - Nice to hear that you are getting lots of creative ideas flowing in your mind!!
You have good skills to materialize those ideas, and your pics are fun to view!! biggrin.gif
That one is similar to the rose pic, but cute hearts and stars are adding this one sweetness, and I love the idea of two pics facing each other!! I like it very much!! happy.gif

@Chiyo - Beautiful pic!!
The tone, the contrast, the round shape of the mirror that's framing the pic inside the mirror, and the angles, I think they all worked perfect, IMO!!
Inside the mirror part of you looks like you are a movie star in some movie scene!!
Very lovely!! happy.gif

@sweety_pie - Ah, yes, Dogwood!! And, the river..yes, it makes sense now!!
I liked the vastness of the pic!! biggrin.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Mar 26 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]522151[/snapback]
@ScatMySoul - I love your cats. smile.gif And the Dahlia is so beautiful.
I really love the daisys.They look good anough to eat. I did not know they made blue, and pink ones though. huh.gif
Nice bottle collection. And I really love the clock in your kintchen.
What breed id your dog? (May I ask)

Well the Daisies are artificially colored. They are originally white and they take dye and set them in it and the stems and flower petels absorb the color with the water turning them different shades. And my dog is chow/golden retriever. My clock is my favorite! I've always wanted a Kit Kat Klock as they are called and I finally found one on eBay haha. smile.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Mar 27 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]522151[/snapback]
@Kenji - I bet you would be good at playing the piano or something.

Nope...you're wrong... I never play any instrument.

sweety_pie
@ScatMySoul - Oh yeah.We did a thing like that in the fourth grade. Only I do not think the flowers were daisy's. I forget what they were though.
Golden retrievers are cute. smile.gif And what a nice find. If I had any money, I soo would go buy one of those clocks.

@Tombow - Sorry for the confusing.

@Kenji - Oh. Sorry then.

Uhh...clicky.

...Click again.

Glass angle.

---

It was dark in my bed room, that is why those pictures suck so much... I was just really bored earlier today...
Kenji
@Zarpia Err? Did you just made a post in a wrong tread? O.o

@sweety Those photos are... DARK laugh.gif
Tombow
@Zarpia - Let me know if you want me to move your post to "Penny" thread, or some other thread. Done as requested. ^^

@sweety_pie - Those are dark and mysterious pics!! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
They are dark images but it makes me want to see them

Good Day?
Edamame
Wow, I certainly missed a great deal of photography in only two days.

Blitz: "Roses" is a beautiful work of narrative photography. I agree with Tombow, that many of your photographs tell stories. You chose a rather interesting perspective and I like how the darkers hues and textures of the planks play off the white of roses. Everthing in the photograph seems so vivid. "Scribbles" is such a sweet and whimsical photo manipulation. The colour contrast in "Stars and Hearts" is striking. You truly have many creative ideas for your artwork.

Chiyo: Wow, this is such an incredible portrait shot. Playing around with mirrors in photography can lead to some truly rewarding results as your photograph shows. It looks like it was a rather difficult shot to capture, but I love the final result. You have a nice contrast between light sepia tones and actual colour. Great job!

Sweety Pie:
I rather like how the darkness of your bedroom obscures the objects in the photograph. Your photographs remind me of the antique daguero-types that my grandfather kept from his mother.The glass in your last photograph looks like it is made of light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.