Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photography Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Chiyo
Sweety: Looks nice

Blitz: Very thoughtful image

No Regrets
Reflections
Unzipped
Blitz
Some spring-y photos~

Flowers
Symmetry~
Kenji
So it is spring now at West... ^.^
Gone are the days your cars covered in 5m thick snows.. tongue.gif

First bloom of flowers are the prettiest...Too bad I can't experience... T.T
Nice angle Blitz.. The cloud blends well with both the trees!!
Blitz
^ The thing about spring here is that my state tends to have a lot of false ones. Today was quite cold, as a matter of fact. XD
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Blitz @ Mar 5 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]513738[/snapback]
@ Sweety - Did you have a nice trip? Looks like fun~ ^^

Yeah we go camping often, when it is warm enough.. of course we do not have to walk far.. the camp is literally in my back yard. (How Redneck is that? laugh.gif )

QUOTE(Edamame @ Mar 5 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]513633[/snapback]
Sweety Pie: Your photographs make me feel nostalgia for summer camping trips.
smile.gif Not sure what nostalgia means, but it sounds like a nice word.

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 6 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]514172[/snapback]
Sweety: Looks nice

Thanks aww.. biggrin.gif

@Blitz - Pretty. You are good photographer. The flowers are beautiful. I can not see the last one in your last post.

@Chiyo - I really like the second one, you remind me of someone.

@Abtruse - I love your dog. She is so adorable.
ed_drink_your_milk
Sweety-Looks like fun! happy.gif

Blitz
-I love everything, you have such great angles and filters.

Chiyo-Once again, great job! You think of such creative shots. How'd you pull off the mirror one? I tried taking a photo similar to that, but I kept getting teh camera in the shot.

Kenji
-Wow! That was BIG puzzle. blink.gif

Void- laugh.gif If only you had a real helmet like that for Miyuki to wear!
Zarpia
Blitz I just love the first one^^
Tombow
@sweety_pie - Nice pics of trees and the lake!!

@Blitz - Nice collection of pics!! Each one very different from others!!
(-.-) is .. well... as you said, very conceptual, and Flowers is pretty and shows the hint of Spring, and Symmetry~ is beautiful!! Very nice!! biggrin.gif

@Chiyo - Unzipped is very seductive, Reflections is almost like a trick/magic photo, and No Regrets is beautiful!!Nice works!! happy.gif
Chiyo
Thanks all, it took a while to get reflections just right.

The Many Colours
Kenji
Is that haloween or something?
The four aqua spots are rather haunting... creepy
Oops...sorry

It is the city of London at night time!! Aww...thats nice..especially the Parliament building ^.^
Amol
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 8 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]515135[/snapback]
Thanks all, it took a while to get reflections just right.

The Many Colours

Now that was something different !!!
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 8 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]515135[/snapback]

@Chiyo - That's very magical and mysteriously beautiful!! Sort of like outdoor Christmas decoration gone magical!! Nice!! happy.gif
Edamame
Chiyo: Your portraits never cease to amaze me. "No Regrets" is simply beautiful with the almost heavenly looking aura that frames her head. "Reflections" is such an intersting shot, and I like the overall distressed look. "Unzipped" has a wonderful compisition and I really like the warm tones and texture on your jeans. "Many Colours" is a rather intriguing photograph and has a rather magical feeling to it.

Blitz:
Your photographs of flowering trees are gorgeous. I love the strong contrast between the crimson red of the flowering buds and subdued green hues of the trees in "Spring has Come". I love the vibrant blues in "Symmetry"; it truly is a creative photograph. Thank you for bringing the beauty of spring to a place that is still covered with snow.

Ephemera
Santa Maria
Naivete
Click to view attachment
First attempt at "proper" photography on my mobile's camera laugh.gif I guess that's why the colours didn't turn out properly laugh.gif

It looks a bit dodgy compared to everyone else's photos xD
I should Photoshop it a bit later on..
Kenji
another nature photo...love those pebbles... laugh.gif

A photo without Photoshop is the most magnificent...IMO
Blitz
@ Eda - I love the "Santa Maria" one. Very colorful and commanding.

Random polaroid simulation
Naivete
@Blitz: Pretty! I always come here to see your photographs happy.gif
Edamame
Baka-Nekoh: For a mobile phone photograph, the pebbles came out quit nicely. You can always adjust the hue and the exposure time with a digital photo editing program or Photoshop/Open Canvas. Open Canvas has a great dodge and burn tool that can lighten and darken your photographs.

Blitz:
Lovely photograph Blitz! Your ideas are so creative. (I should really learn photo manipulation one of these days.)
Kenji
@Blitz Beautiful sky and goes nicely with the power lines! Nice angle there!!...and once again...too bad it is not in landscape...if not...this will be my wallpaper... laugh.gif
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 8 2007, 07:09 AM) [snapback]515032[/snapback]
@sweety_pie - Nice pics of trees and the lake!!

Thanks. smile.gif

@Chiyo - Woh pretty colors.

@Edamame - Ephemera is really beautiful. I really like Santa Maria. It is gorgeous.

@baKa-neKoh - Pretty pebbles. I thought they were bird eggs at first.

@Blitz - Pretty sky.
---
I took a lot of pics at Chuck E Cheese yesterday. I will upload them from my camera, and scan the Polaroid ones later.
Blitz
Thanks everyone~ ^^

New one!

Portrait-y
Edamame
Blitz: Beautiful symmetry in your latest photographs. I enjoy looking at all of your photographs because you have the most creative ideas. What digital photo editing programs do you use?
Blitz
^ I use Photoshop CS. ^^
Edamame
Reparing old and torn photographs in a royal pain in the butt. I really wish that I owned Photoshop CS2. (My meager University budget will never let that happen though.)

Muscian
Bailamos
sweety_pie
^Those are really great looking pictures Edamame. Where were they taken?

---

Some pretty cool looking rocks.

The road side.
Edamame
Thank you Sweety! The tango photograph was taken in La Boca, Argentina. I took it with a manual camera, so it lost a lot of its original colour in my scanner. The second was taken in Barcelona, Spain. I really like the photograph of the rocks; it reminds me of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. The second photograph has a very somber and subdued feel to it, and reminds me of the early morning. Nice work!
Chiyo
You get to take pics at such interesting places Eda, they always look like the pictures you get in tourist books as they always capture the scene so well.
Carnal Malefactor
Some action shots of Miyuki playing with her tuggie

Chiyo
Love the angle of that last one, I may have to steal your dog someday.
ed_drink_your_milk
wub.gif So cute!!!
Carnal Malefactor
It's weird how much better Miyuki looks under natural light. If I take a pic of her with a flash, indoors, she looks downright fugly at times.

Tombow
@Edamame - Those are beautiful!! Ephemera is like in a fantacy/dream world, and it's sooobeautiful!!
Santa Maria is very beautiful, too.
Muscian and Bailamos have nice human touch. I love their faces!! Feel very real, and beautiful!! ^^

@baKa-neKoh - Is that a Jade plant?? I love the close up!!
The picture has strangely soothing quality to it. Nice!! biggrin.gif

@Blitz - You have such a wonderful "artistic" eyes and mind to create those pics!!
Enjoyed those two pics!! They are fun!!

@sweety_pie - You are good with nature scenes!!
The rock is nice!! How large was that rock formation?

@Abstruse Eulogy - Aww... nice pics of Miyuki playing!! ^^
Chiyo
Fullmetal Wrist
Pony Chums

and to those who asked, that 'Many Colours' pic was taken at the Lincoln Christmas Market
Edamame
Thank you for the comments everyone.

Abstruse:
Miyuki is such a handsome dog. I love the action shots of Miyuki and her tuggie. Miyuki's eyes are incredibly striking in the last photograph. Lovely job!

Chiyo:
That is a seriously cool bracelet. I love the natural light reflecting off the metal. (It makes me want to make chain-mail jewerly now. Too bad I don't have any jump rings.) "Pony Chums" is both sweet and nostalgic. I can't remember for the life of me where I put my child-hood collection of little ponies. I never see kids play with them anymore.
PS- I love your icon.
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Edamame @ Mar 13 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]517312[/snapback]
Thank you Sweety! The tango photograph was taken in La Boca, Argentina. I took it with a manual camera, so it lost a lot of its original colour in my scanner. The second was taken in Barcelona, Spain. I really like the photograph of the rocks; it reminds me of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. The second photograph has a very somber and subdued feel to it, and reminds me of the early morning. Nice work!

Wow. I really love your photography, you take the best.
And thanks for the compliment. smile.gif

QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 14 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]517689[/snapback]
@sweety_pie - You are good with nature scenes!!
The rock is nice!! How large was that rock formation?

Thanks. It was not too big, only about 12 yards high.

@Void - I love your doggie. She is adorble. (lab mixes always are)
If she ever has puppies I want one.

@Chiyo - Nice pictures. I really like the first one. And the pony one is sweet. They are adorable.
Edamame
Feeling rather springy today:
Floral Scene

Ikebana (I love this ikebana hanging sculpture. I wa glad that the designer let me take a picture of it.)
Tombow
@Chiyo - That FMA automail bracelet is awesome!!
And, the Pones are so cute!! Love it!! ^^

@Edamame - Nice picture of flower to bring the fresh Spring air!! Pretty!!
And, that flower arrangement is very dynamic and artistic!! Beautiful!! ^^
Blitz
This one's a bit humorous. XD

Cow plushie
Tombow
@Blitz - Aww.. Cow plushies dreaming of green pasture... Cute!! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
Eda: very pretty
Blitz: such a cute idea for an image

Yummeh - though very few of you will know what marmite is
Faith and Begorrah
Over the Bar - Happy St Paddys
Edamame
Blitz: The cow plushie photograph is so cute and creative!

Chiyo:
Ughhhh Marmite. I feel like a bad European for despising the substance. I really love all of the St.Paddy's themed photographs especially "Faith and Begorrah." I hope you have a wonderful St.Paddy's Day! (I really wish that I was back U.K. right now. happy.gif )
Chiyo
You either love it or hate it Eda, so you're one of the few at least who knows it^^. Shame you won't be here in the UK tomorrow, I'll have a drink on your behalf biggrin.gif
Blitz
Cow plushie = <3~

Okay, so I don't know if my next photo can go into this thread since it's technically a photo manip but I'll post anyway....

Hearts and a balloon
Tombow
@Chiyo - Wonderful St' Paddy's Day themed pics!! biggrin.gif
I have some vegetarian friends who keeps a jar of Mermite, so yeah I know the stuff also!! (Although, I think I can live without it.. laugh.gif )
Faith and Begorrah pic is very nice, too!! Lovely figurines!!
And, Happy St. Patric'sDay!! Hope you'll have a great time!! ^^

@Blitz - I love that one!! Very sharp and beautiful combination of lovely blue sky, red balloon, and hands in black shadow making hearts!! Nicely done happy.gif
Edamame
Blitz: That is such a beautiful photograph. The colour contrast is striking, and makes the hands and the balloon appear to jump right off the page. I still consider photograph manipulation to be an art form all in itself. Great job! You always have these incredibly creative ideas.

Chiyo: I love the new icon!
Blitz
Thank you Tombow and Eda!

Part two of the balloon series! Here
ScarMySoul
My Cat

Dahlia

Pink Flowers

My dog
sweety_pie
QUOTE(Edamame @ Mar 15 2007, 10:33 AM) [snapback]517973[/snapback]
Feeling rather springy today:
Floral Scene

Ikebana (I love this ikebana hanging sculpture. I wa glad that the designer let me take a picture of it.)

I really like that flowers. It is beautiful. What kind is it?
What does Ikebana mean? (If you do not mind me asking)

@Blitz - Your pictures are really great always. I really like the last heart from the first pic. And the cow plushie is just so adorable.

@Chiyo - I really like the quote
'Some Call it Madness, Others Say it's Genius'

@ScatMySoul - I love your cat. She is so cute. She looks like she is about to pounce or something.
What breed is your dog? And what kind of flowers are in the second pic? I think I have seen some like that before.

(BTW that was not a typo. I am gonna call you Scat from now on. smile.gif)
Tombow
@Blitz - Oh, that one evokes quite emotions!! Simple, yet powerful and beautiful pic!! ^^

@ScarMySoul - Those are beautiful close up shots!!
The flowers pics are beautiful!! And your cat and dog pics bring smiles to my face!!
Very nice!! biggrin.gif
Carnal Malefactor
2 energetic dogs + snow = major roffles

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.