Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photography Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Tombow
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 3 2007, 12:33 AM) [snapback]500186[/snapback]

@ed_drink_your_milk - Wow, that is amazing!! Must have been some site to see!! biggrin.gif
sweety_pie
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 2 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]500186[/snapback]
Not Sure At First
^I took this on vacation a few years ago and at first I couldn't tell if the stalagmites were a reflection or real. smile.gif

Wow that is beautiful!

@Blitz - Cool. What is that? Looks like a candle.

@Raenef_the_Fifth - Mind if I call you Raenef? Cute pets, and chicks. You spent a Summer in Quebec!! I bet it was beautiful!
Kenji
@ed_drink_your_milk Ooh.. I saw fishes in it!! Nah..just kidding..
A very pleasant to view scenery in a cave. In Malaysia there is one quite similar cave too[Niah Cave]...but the cave in Virginia is truly spectacular... One question, Does the water subside?
Chiyo
Wonderful work everyone, talent flying everywhere

Extra's
Novel Tea
Price of Beauty
Tombow
@Chiyo - more nice pics!!!
I want that Sakura Kit Kat!! biggrin.gif
Nice effects on the Tea pic!!
And, "ouch" for the "Price" pic!! Although, you look beautiful in that pic!! happy.gif
Edamame
Raenef: I love the photographs of your lizard and the barn chicks.

Blitz: A truly lovely photograph. There is something truly eerie yet beautiful about it.

Ed:
Interesting photographs of the cave interior. It must have been incredible to see in person.

Chiyo: More lovely photographs Chiyo! You really have an incredible grasp on compistion and lay-out. I love the tattoo effect on the 'Tea Picture' and the lighting in 'Extra.' (The Sakura Kit-Kat pencil is really cute)

I'll have to upload more pictures when classes decide not to kick my ass.
Kenji
@Chiyo That tea you are drinking is Herbal Tea... Great to cool yourself down... Your hand seem to reflect the box packaging
Chiyo
Interesting story about the tea. I cannot read Chinese characters but I assumed herbal tea would be something I had tried before. However upon tasting it I realised it was new to me. However my dear mei came to my aid and translated the characters. It was a mixof everything but it was chrysthanenum (oh hush I can't spell).

Thank you Tombow, it didn't hurt too much, and also thanks Eda, it took a while to get the lighting right
Kenji
I believe u mean chrysanthemum..haha...flower tea from China!!! Tastes great and refreshing

In another pic..I saw your hair colour..is that blonde...if you are blonde then...
Thats Hot!

Woot~ Is this considered out of topic?
Raenef_the_fifth
Whoa! ohmy.gif Everyone's pics are soo awesome!!
@ed_drink_your_milk : Nice picture! I've never seen any caves or anything.
@Chiyo : Very interesting pictures!
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Wow, great stuff you guys! All of you are so fantastic! *is awestruck*
ed_drink_your_milk
Thanks everyone! And yes, it really was amazing! happy.gif

@Chiyo
-Those are great! I love the angles you use for your shots. happy.gif

Room With A View
What I'm Wishing For
^Mine are no where near as great as everyone else's, but I love taking landscape(ish) photos. smile.gif
@ ed_drink_you_milk - oh, wow, beautiful! I love the Blueridge Mts, don't you? happy.gif

I'm wishing for snow, too... especially on a school day! laugh.gif
sweety_pie
@Milky - Beautiful scenery. smile.gif Hope you get snow soon! wink.gif Don't put yourself down your pics are always great.

On an unrelated note, Styrofoam really is evil. The baby tries to eat it all the time, I do not know where we keep getting all this Styrofoam.

@Chiyo - You look really pretty in that last pic. The tea box thingy reminds me of a juice box. I never know how to work juice boxes. I love the Kitkat song. happy.gif
Raenef_the_fifth
I took more pictures, and loaded up a lot of pictures I had taken in October that were still on the camera.

More Pictures
sweety_pie
@Raenef - Nice pics. smile.gif

Joey is cute. So is the seel. (at first I thought it was a dog too)
What kind of lizard thing is Sunstar?
Wow. Who wouldn't believe your eyes were yellow?
The snow ones were from today? Pretty!
ed_drink_your_milk
Raenef the fifth-All of those animals are so cute!

-Of course! I'd build myself a hut and live on top of those mountains if they weren't part of a national park! biggrin.gif

Sweety-Aw, thanks. And I agree, down with styrofoam!! laugh.gif

Day At The Track
^This is one of my kind of odd photos, but I like it anyway. smile.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
Ah, a little late in the response but here's my Edo-o-Lantern in case anybody wants to see. laugh.gif

Please Excuse the bad quality, I have a terrible camera. =_=;

Here

I did one last year and it was Alphonse, I also had a smaller gourd looking pumpkin and I drew a face on it with sharpie marker and it had the chibi looking Edward face, I made a mistake on it so I just put a cat on the other side. xD I'd show them but we forgot to take picture and then Alphonse kinda...deflated. mellow.gif
Kaien
a couple of pics I've taken. I focus on automotive photography, but mainly I just practice taking pics of my own car. haha

Click to view attachment
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/Kaiy...ts/IMG_2345.jpg

Click to view attachment
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/Kaiy...MG_2849copy.jpg

Click to view attachment
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/Kaiy...MG_2854copy.jpg

and if you would rather I would post links, that's fine too.

<I edited and switched to the Attachments. ^^ 02/03/07 ~Tombow>
sweety_pie
@Milky - Horse race. cool! wink.gif

@Ed's numbuh 1 fan - Awesome Ed-O-lantern! I love pumpkins, I could talk about them all the time. Sometimes I just randomly start talking about pumpkins.(usually it annoys people)

@Kaein - Nice car! smile.gif Can I barrow it sometime?

It looks like there is writing on the wind shield in the last pic..?
There is words on the wall in the first one tho. Gang tags?

..Maybe I am just a retard, but it looks like I can see the engine in the last pic.
Tombow
@ed_drink_your_milk - That view from the Blue Ridge Mountains is breathtakingly beautiful!!
I can keep gazing at it again and again!! smile.gif
And, nice black and white pic of snow scene!! I like it!! biggrin.gif

@Raenef_the_fifth - Looks like you had fun time doing African Safari in Tronto!! biggrin.gif
And, your backyard is beautiful, especially with snow!!
Joey is so cute!! Is Sunstar your pet?? biggrin.gif
And, yap, I can see the yellow eye!! Wow!!

@ed's numbuh 1 fan - I love your Ed-o--Lantern!! It really looks like Ed!!! laugh.gif
And, nice picture of the race track, too!!! I like it!! happy.gif

@Kaien - Hey, nice Lexus!! biggrin.gif
Especially, the last pic with "see-through engine" effect!! Nice!!
BTW, I switched them to Attachments. Hope you don't mind!! ^^
Kaien
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Feb 4 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]500729[/snapback]
@Kaein - Nice car! smile.gif Can I barrow it sometime?

It looks like there is writing on the wind shield in the last pic..?
There is words on the wall in the first one tho. Gang tags?

..Maybe I am just a retard, but it looks like I can see the engine in the last pic.

The writing on the windshield of my car are stickers of my sponsors. Sponsors give me something in return for exposure. I may get discounts, free parts, free entry to events, etc. Sometimes I get exposure in return.

As for the graffiti in the first pic, I have no idea what it means. haha I was cruising around downtown St. Cloud, MN (about an hour from where I live) and met with some other car guys in this parking lot. I liked the graffiti and started having cars park in front of it as it provided a neat, urban, background.

And, yes, in the last pic you can see the engine. smile.gif Neat little trick for automotive photography. Take one pic with the hood open, and take the same pic again with the hood closed. Go to photoshop and overlay the open pic over the closed pic, blend it and voila! Me and a friend run a business of automotive photography so we try to stay keen on all the neat tricks. We've got some cool camera mounts ready to go for some trippy rolling shots. wink.gif
Kenji
@Kaein Whoa...what a nice red IS200...or a IS300? That radiator grille is monsterous... you swapped the engine to a 2JZ-GTE?

My favourite car of all time... You changed your signature too replacing the exterior of the IS with the engine bay... Thats a very thick strut bar... or is it a connecting hose?

Heart pain though....saw the "accident" part at the right front bumper...
Raenef_the_fifth
@sweety_pie - Sunstar is a bearded dragon that I got 3 years ago
@ Tombow - Yes, Sunstar is my pet, over the summer when I had my partner over for the Quebec exchange program she freaked out when I took Sunstar out to hold her
ed_drink_your_milk
Wow! Everyone is so good! happy.gif
Kaein- laugh.gif Really nice car!

Ed's numbuh 1 fan-That cracked me up! The "Edo-o-lantern". laugh.gif

Raenef the fifth-Those are great!

Tombow-Oh yeah, it has the same effect on me. It was hard to leave the mountain. And, wow, I never realized it, but that snow picture does look black and white. Actually, that's just actually what it looked like, I didn't do anything to the picture but take it. laugh.gif
Kenji
Ed dint reply me though about the cave photo... T.T

QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 3 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]500326[/snapback]
@ed_drink_your_milk Ooh.. I saw fishes in it!! Nah..just kidding..
A very pleasant to view scenery in a cave. In Malaysia there is one quite similar cave too[Niah Cave]...but the cave in Virginia is truly spectacular... One question, Does the water subside?

ed_drink_your_milk
Kenji-laugh.gif I'm sorry! I was rushing because my brother was having trouble making breakfast. happy.gif Anyway, no, I don't think it does. And yes, it really was amazing. If you're ever in Virginia, you'll have to go see it. Sadly, I doubt I'll be in Malaysia to see the Niah Cave any time soon, though I'd really like to!

Kaien
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 4 2007, 06:42 AM) [snapback]500811[/snapback]
@Kaein Whoa...what a nice red IS200...or a IS300? That radiator grille is monsterous... you swapped the engine to a 2JZ-GTE?

My favourite car of all time... You changed your signature too replacing the exterior of the IS with the engine bay... Thats a very thick strut bar... or is it a connecting hose?

hey, thanks for the compliments! It's an IS300 so it comes from the factory with a 2JZ-GE. I swapped the bottom end out for the 2JZ-GTE bottom end and switched to a single turbo setup. What you see in my sig is the intercooler piping for the turbo. The mkIV Supra is one of my all-time favorites but I love my IS. Perfect balance of practicality and looks with the potential for a lot of power. smile.gif

Yes, the last pic shows a little scratch on my front lip. sad.gif This car sees quite a bit of track time for a show car. But the front is getting replaced.
Kenji
QUOTE(Kaien @ Feb 5 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]501091[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 4 2007, 06:42 AM) [snapback]500811[/snapback]

hey, thanks for the compliments! It's an IS300 so it comes from the factory with a 2JZ-GE. I swapped the bottom end out for the 2JZ-GTE bottom end and switched to a single turbo setup. What you see in my sig is the intercooler piping for the turbo. The mkIV Supra is one of my all-time favorites but I love my IS. Perfect balance of practicality and looks with the potential for a lot of power. smile.gif

Yes, the last pic shows a little scratch on my front lip. sad.gif This car sees quite a bit of track time for a show car. But the front is getting replaced.

Now the horses that churn out on the dynometer must be spectacular!!! Altezza/ IS is even regarded as a successor of the legendary AE86!!

Replaced? TRD front bumper is not bad..I love the curved design...

-----
@ed drink your milk You doubted that you will be in Malaysia...and I doubted I will have a chance to travel to Virginia toO!
Chiyo
Travels 1
Travels 2
Travels 3

I hope I have not posted these before

That edo lantern was fantastic
ed_drink_your_milk
Kenji-Yes, I know. I was just joking. happy.gif Virginia and Malaysia are pretty far apart. laugh.gif

Chiyo-Oooh! Those are great! Again, I love the angles you use! happy.gif (And, I think I've seen the second one before, but not the other two.)

Fallen Angel
^Not a particularly good picture, but the angel was pretty cool. It was quite tall even though it doesn't look it in the photo. happy.gif
Blitz
^ Wow, I'd like to have seen the sculpture....

My violin
Go stones
mei_tenshi
Awesome job, Blitz! ohmy.gif

There's an atmosphere to both of the photographs that's rather soothing, especially the one with your violin. Great composition~
sweety_pie
@Blitz - Nice violin. smile.gif Nice stones too!

@Milky - Wow. I bet that was an awesome sculpture to see in real life. biggrin.gif

@Chiyo - Nice butt....wink.gif Yeah I think I have seen the second one before too.

---

Puppy.

Cake!!

This pic is the result of my boredness.
Kenji
@ sweety pie Pepsi.... foam cup containing coffee?... hair straightener...wow your table is quite messy...

Whoa...your dad is 79!!! blink.gif

------
Hmm...I have nothing to do so I show off my hair styling products I own... XDXDXD

HairProduct
sweety_pie
@Kenji - That was not my table (that was my stuff tho)...my table is usually much more messy....that was the table at the Ex suite (I love on a resort).
My dad is not 79! laugh.gif that was my Grandfathers cake. My step-father is actually quite young.
Nice hair styling products.

---

Zarpia
QUOTE(Blitz @ Feb 5 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]501500[/snapback]
^ Wow, I'd like to have seen the sculpture....

My violin
Go stones

Wow, those are beautiful pic Blitz, I love the first one.
Kenji
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Feb 6 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]501597[/snapback]
@Kenji - That was not my table (that was my stuff tho)...my table is usually much more messy....that was the table at the Ex suite (I love on a resort).
My dad is not 79! laugh.gif that was my Grandfathers cake. My step-father is actually quite young.
Nice hair styling products.

---

Thanks for your compliment...
Phew...so that cake is bought by your parents to your grandfather I assume... I shocked myself seeing " Happy 79th Birthday Daddy"... I was like... OMG...Gosh...sweety's father so old?
Edamame
Chiyo: Once again, I love your photography! Nice lighting and use of perspective. The phrases also add a nice touch.

Ed: Interesting photograph of the melted snow angel. It must have been beautiful before it melted.

Blitz: The picture of your violin is gorgeous. You have a lovely compisition and the lighting is fantastic. I also like how you have some of the stones out of focus in the second photograph. It creates a rather interesting effect.

Sweety: Mmmm, the photograph of the cake is making me really hungry.

Kenji:
Wow, I think you own more hair products than I do.

Gah, photobucket won't let me retrieve my pictures. I despise technology...

ed_drink_your_milk
Blitz-Yeah, if only I'd gotten there soon enough with the camera. dry.gif Those photos are amazing. I absolutely love the go stone photo!!

Sweety- Those are so sweet. That desk looks somewhat like mine!! laugh.gif

Kenji- Looks expensive. tongue.gif

Edamame- Aww, hopefully it will work soon! I want to see your photos!!

King Of The Hill
Blitz
@ Everyone - Thank you for the kind comments~ ^^

Milky - The bird likes his rock, doesn't he? wink.gif Nice picture, only I wish it was a little bit sharper.
ed_drink_your_milk
Blitz-*sigh* So do I. laugh.gif My focusing was weird, but he flew away before I could take it again. sad.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(ed_drink_your_milk @ Feb 7 2007, 01:03 AM) [snapback]501766[/snapback]
Kenji- Looks expensive. tongue.gif

King Of The Hill

RM 19.90 for the black tube
RM 16.90 for the white tube
RM 18.90 for the transparent tube
RM 14.90 for the black hair wax

RM3.50[+-] = USD 1 ... Expensive or not...I doesn't know but in term of Ringgit it is quite expensive...

Thats a nice nature photo... Seem you all here can "approach" nature easily...I love nature photos and cars pic!!!
Kaien
A few more car pics for ya Kenji. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Kenji
Wah..specialy for me? wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

@Kaien You changed the stock rims to 17 inchers? Why not opt for 18-19 inches...Bigger is nicer bt the ride will be compromised... but hey, its a LEXUS!!!

and...nice plate...

-----------
just showing off my collection of arcade cards... XD I took quite sometime to arrange it and when taking the picture...it seem that my hand is a little shaky... and the result on the 1st photo is quite nice..

Arcade cards

Arcade Cards II
Edamame
Ed Drink Your Milk (I love your screen-name): Cute picture of the bird claiming his own little mountain of dirt.

Kaien: Nice photographs of your car. (I wish that I owned a car that nice.)

Kenji: My gosh you have a lot of cards. You remind me of some of my guy friends who have huge collections of Magic cards. (They spend so much money on them.)

Yeah, my photobucket account hasn't gone to hell.

Monastery in Spain
Self portrait
Kenji
QUOTE(Edamame @ Feb 8 2007, 04:51 AM) [snapback]502174[/snapback]
Kenji: My gosh you have a lot of cards. You remind me of some of my guy friends who have huge collections of Magic cards. (They spend so much money on them.)

I started with one at first then I buy another and another...and another till the amount I have today....
Those cards not only appeared nice.... but in fact can be used too... It is magnetic cards...to keep data about my tuning progress whenever I visit the arcade....
sweety_pie
@kenji - Nice cards! The arangment of them is cool.

@Edamame - This scenery in the first pic is beautiful. You are rather beautiful too.

@Kaien - Damn I love your car.

@Milky - You are unorganized also?
The hill is cool. What kind of bird is that?
Kaien
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 6 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]502029[/snapback]

@Kaien You changed the stock rims to 17 inchers? Why not opt for 18-19 inches...Bigger is nicer bt the ride will be compromised... but hey, its a LEXUS!!!

and...nice plate...

-----------
just showing off my collection of arcade cards... XD I took quite sometime to arrange it and when taking the picture...it seem that my hand is a little shaky... and the result on the 1st photo is quite nice..

Arcade cards

Arcade Cards II

ohmy.gif You have a lot of Initial D cards! I only have 1. haha

Yeah, I went back to the stock wheels because I liked them a little better. Don't worry though, I'll be buying a new set of wheels soon. 17's still but they will be staggered running 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the rear. I'm not crazy about big rims, but for shows, I'll get a set of 19s probably.

And, thanks for the compliments on the car everyone. wub.gif The Fullmetal would be happy. happy.gif Did I mention that the car's nickname is the "Fullmetal IS300"? laugh.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(Kaien @ Feb 8 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]502435[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 6 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]502029[/snapback]

and...nice plate...

-----------

Arcade cards

Arcade Cards II

ohmy.gif You have a lot of Initial D cards! I only have 1. haha

Yeah, I went back to the stock wheels because I liked them a little better. Don't worry though, I'll be buying a new set of wheels soon. 17's still but they will be staggered running 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the rear. I'm not crazy about big rims, but for shows, I'll get a set of 19s probably.

And, thanks for the compliments on the car everyone. wub.gif The Fullmetal would be happy. happy.gif Did I mention that the car's nickname is the "Fullmetal IS300"? laugh.gif

You are the only one so far knows what is the purpose of the cards... ahaha...I assume your Initial D card is a Toyota Altezza name Kaien as Driver... XD

You gotta show us your IS300 with those 19 inchers!!! I am looking foward for it... wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Feb 8 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]502305[/snapback]
@kenji - Nice cards! The arangment of them is cool.

Which one? The spiral or the second one??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.