Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photography Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
ScarMySoul
@ Edamame Thanks! Your picture from Spain is beautiful! Reminds me of the castles I saw when I went to Germany and Austria for spring break in 2001. [/ponders on posting my Europe pictures]

@ Chiyo Your pictures are very abstract. My favorite one is of the light. Looks kind of mysterious. happy.gif
Tombow
@Edamame - Beautiful pic of a Spanish castle!!
Where is this castle?? Very nice!! biggrin.gif

@Chiyo - Wow, I love those pics!!
The combination of the pic and the title making each pic such an artistic expression piece!!
And, the pictures are of very good quality!! Nice jobs!!
"Little Light" is almost like from some fantasy story book!! It's beautiful!! happy.gif
Edamame
Thank you for the compliments Chiyo, ScarMySoul, and Tombow! Tombow, the picture was taken at Mt.Seguir in Northern Spain near the French border. ScarMySoul, you should definetly post your Europe pics.

Chiyo: Beautiful photography Chiyo. I especially like your photograph "Little Light", because it reminds me of something out of a Fantasy movie. There is also something quit powerful about your photograph "Silence." 'Undaunted' has a creepy, ethereal quality to it. Great job!
sweety_pie
@ScarMySoul - Beautiful pictures. The kitties are adorable.

@Edamame - You take lovely pictures. The castle is cool!

@Chiyo - Awesome light! Cute pony thingy.
What does undaunted mean? Cool staircase.
Chiyo
Sweety: Undaunted means you are not scared my what you are facing. And thanks for the compliments everyone

Wake Me Up When...
Empty Chairs
Pup Hug
Faith
Edamame
Chiyo: Lovely photographs~ I really like 'Wake Me Up When' (the lyrics capture the overall mood of the photograph) and the lighting in 'Empty Chairs' gives the photograph a very somber quality. 'Faith' has a simple compistion, but I think it has a powerful message. Great job! I look forward to more of your photographs.
Tombow
@Chiyo - Another nice set of photographs!! You are so good!!
"Wake Me Up When..." is playful and fun!!
I like the color scheme in Empty Chairs. Nice use of light and shadows!!
And I think the black and white photography is used very effectively for "Faith."
And, I want Winry and Den in "Pup Hug"!! biggrin.gif
Blitz
I've decided to take a stab at photography. Feedback appreciated!

Chux~
Tombow
@Blitz - Ah, yes, Nice picture of Converse Chucks!! Cool!! biggrin.gif
High contrast, super close up, black and white photography is working very well, IMO.
Very sharp and very cool!! I like it!! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
I've seen a few photo's with Converse but most of them look like they are advertising them. This looks real, like they go everywhere with you.
Edamame
Blitz: Nice photograph of your Chucks. It reminds me of vintage advertisement for Converse Sneakers. The contrast of the black and white photography really adds a nice touch to the photograph.
Blitz
@ Tombow, Chiyo, Edamame - Thank you for the comments! I'll try to upload more pictures this weekend.
sweety_pie
@Chiyo - Thanks for explaining that to me. You are a great photographer!

@Blitz - Nice shoes. wink.gif
*~vachi~*
Ummm
<3
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Wow, you guys all have such lovely works! very "artsy" - and I mean that in a very reverent (sp?) way...

I don't have a lot of those kinds of pics... I mostly go for... well, I don't know how to describe it... nature/architecture/animals type stuff... I'll go for a "deeper" feel every now and then, but mostly I like to just capture what's *there*...

View of Yosemite when you first enter the valley...

Front of "St. Paul Ouside the Walls" - Rome, Italy

Funny Face!

Nothing too fancy... I really like the first one, though...
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist)
Wow, you guys all have such lovely works! very "artsy" - and I mean that in a very reverent (sp?) way...

I don't have a lot of those kinds of pics... I mostly go for... well, I don't know how to describe it... nature/architecture/animals type stuff... I'll go for a "deeper" feel every now and then, but mostly I like to just capture what's *there*...

View of Yosemite when you first enter the valley...

Front of "St. Paul Ouside the Walls" - Rome, Italy

Funny Face!

Nothing too fancy... I really like the first one, though...

Ohh, I really like your pictures, they are very nice^^ And I hope it's okay if I go more into detail on your dA page^^
Tombow
@vachi - Smart use of the patterns on the floor and the wall makes your pic so interesting!!
And, is that you, vachikin?? Nice!! biggrin.gif

@The New Fullmetal Alchemist - Beautiful pics!!
I love the funny angle of the pooch pic, and the other two are "postcard perfect"!!
That pic of Yosemite Valley is breathtakingly beautiful!! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
No need to tell Vachi she's a star photographer, she knows I think that.

Those shots are wonderful New Fullmetal, the one taken in Italy is beautiful
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jan 31 2007, 10:40 PM) [snapback]499373[/snapback]
@vachi - Smart use of the patterns on the floor and the wall makes your pic so interesting!!
And, is that you, vachikin?? Nice!! biggrin.gif

Ohhh yes...thank you <3 it is me...I wish it wasn't though x_X

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 1 2007, 03:41 AM) [snapback]499416[/snapback]
No need to tell Vachi she's a star photographer, she knows I think that.

xP Oh my, what a nice compliment Chi =)
Edamame
Vachi: I love the contrast in your photograph as well as the overall compisition (interesting angle). Nice work!

The New Fullmetal Alchemist: Such a lovely landscape photograph of Yomesite. The natural lighting is perfect and really brings out the green hues of the trees. The compisition in your St.Paul picture is wonderful; I like how the statue dominates the picture. The picture of your dog is hilarious. (I love goofy animal faces). Nice job!

Because I miss Spain and it is snowy and cold in America. The following pictures were taken at Salvador Dali's (my muse) house in Spain:
Salvador Dali Statue

Flores
Chiyo
The colouring you managed to capture in that first photo is amazing Edamame. you always have such interesting things to look at.
*~vachi~*
Gracias Edamame!! tongue.gif
I really like the colors and the angle of the statue, it really gives a very inspiring feeling and the flowers are very interesting, it's a very detailed picture you could stare for quite a while, very nice pictures!
Blitz
QUOTE(Edamame @ Feb 1 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]499471[/snapback]
Because I miss Spain and it is snowy and cold in America. The following pictures were taken at Salvador Dali's (my muse) house in Spain:
Salvador Dali Statue

It gives me an eerie feeling but I love the colors. Like everyone else has said, nice angle. ^^

I've got another one.... Semplice

Edit: One more.... >_< SNOW~
sweety_pie
@Blitz - Beautiful.

@Edamame - That flores thingy is cool smile.gif

@The New Fullmetal - Wow. really pretty. Cute doggie. Golden retrievers are always cute.
---
Oh. it snowed yesterday(we got out of school) I took some pics, yesterday, and today.

Clickey.

Snow plow.

Front yard.

Hill.

Footprints...I think.

Ugh.
Zarpia
I love all your pics wub.gif

My mom got my this at a garage sale I think, does anyone knows what the symbols mean?

Click to view attachment
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/zarpia/IMG_1326.png

Click to view attachment
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/zarpia/IMG_1325.png

<Edited to switch posting of 2 oversize pics from Image posting to Attachments to stop stretching of the forum page.^^ 02/02/07 ~Tombow>
sweety_pie
@Zarpia - That is really beautiful! I wish I could tell you what those symbol-thingy's mean.
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Wow, Zarpia! the most I've ever gotten at a garage sale is a lamp! blink.gif Very beautiful! I'm sorry, I have no idea, either...

Great winter pics, all of you guys, they're amazing! smile.gif smile.gif 5 thumbs way up!!!! (OK, two thumbs, two doggy paws, and a doggy tail - close enough, eh?)

Thanks for your kind words about mine - and vachi, please do! I would love some comments! smile.gif
Kenji
@Zarpia...I think it is "KAT CHEONG" which means something similar to prosperity+lucky

I am a dumb Chinese that only know how to read a little Chinese words and only know how to write my own name in chinese!
Tombow
Wow, more nice pics!! biggrin.gif

@Edamame - Two more nice pics!!
Salvador Dali Statue: Dramatic lighting is really showcasing the masterpiece!! Very nice!!
Flores: Subdued, almost monotone color scheme is giving quiet but powerful impression!! I like it very much!!

@Blitz - Beautiful snowy scene!! You captured it so beautifully!! Nice work!!
And, who can resist going awww at the pic of Bear + iPod!! So cute!! happy.gif

@sweety_pie - Nice pics of snowy scenes!!
And, congratulations for getting your pics in the county news!! biggrin.gif

@Zarpia - How large are those?? The shape looks like a set of Japanese tea cups, or something??
Nice finds at the garage sale!! And, as Kenji has posted, these two chinese characters make up a word. Individualy, the first character means good luck, and the second one means prosperity. biggrin.gif
(BTW, I switched the posting to Attachments. Hope that's ok!! happy.gif )
Kenji
OOh..so this replying-extravaganzzaly-fast-mod is also a chinese...

Those looks like storage containers... Since it is made out of bamboo, it is ideal to store tea or coffee...
Tombow
@Kenji - I just happen to know some Chinese characters. laugh.gif
And, you're right. They could be some storage containers. smile.gif
Kenji
@Tombow so you are a not a Chinese boy... ok! Got it!
There is no way a drinking tea cup made in a set... Most tea cups be it Japanese or Chinese comes in at least 6pieces or 8pieces configuration.

Tombow
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 2 2007, 03:03 AM) [snapback]499888[/snapback]
There is no way a drinking tea cup made in a set... Most tea cups be it Japanese or Chinese comes in at least 6pieces or 8pieces configuration.

Some, but not always. "Meoto" (husband and wife) set of Japanese tea cups comes in only two, and those often have a word made of two Chinese characters as a set, then have one Chinese character each on each piece. smile.gif
(Not that I'm saying the ones in Zarpia's pics are those, but just as a general info. ^^)

But, I think we are digressing... happy.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 2 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]499893[/snapback]
Some, but not always. "Meoto" (husband and wife) set of Japanese tea cups comes in only two, and those often have a word made of two Chinese characters as a set, then have one Chinese character each on each piece. smile.gif

ooh...really...I din't heard of that kind of couple cups before...haha...earned another information!

But another point that doubted me it is a drinking cup is the top of the "cup"...Drinking tea cups doesn't have any carving on the mouth[top]... To date, all drinking cups are smooth surfaced at the mouth.
Tombow
QUOTE(Kenji @ Feb 2 2007, 03:20 AM) [snapback]499894[/snapback]
another point that doubted me it is a drinking cup is the top of the "cup"...Drinking tea cups doesn't have any carving on the mouth[top]... To date, all drinking cups are smooth surfaced at the mouth.

Yeah, that one I noticed, too. Meking me lean towards more to "storege" theory. biggrin.gif

I guess we'll wait for Zarpia to tell us what they are (or their sizes.) ^^
Kenji
@Tombow yeah.. I starting to feel I am very annoying now.... XD
Edamame
Thank you for all the wonderful comments everyone!

Blitz: Your photograph "Snow" is beautiful. The shades of blue that you managed to capture are incredible. It has a very calming and tranquil effect. It reminds me of something out of a story book. Very nice job!

Sweety Pie: Your photographs make me want to grap my snow boots and go build a snow man or make snow angels. Everything looks so somber and peaceful when it snows.

Zarpia: Those are beautiful. (Definetly a great garage sale find.) They look like Japanese ocha (cups for green tea) cups or really big sake cups. I can't find the meaning of the characters is my Kanji dictionary. Bleah...
Kenji
QUOTE(Edamame @ Feb 2 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]499925[/snapback]
Thank you for all the wonderful comments everyone!

Zarpia: Those are beautiful. (Definetly a great garage sale find.) They look like Japanese ocha (cups for green tea) cups or really big sake cups. I can't find the meaning of the characters is my Kanji dictionary. Bleah...

obviously you cannot find it in the Kanji dictionary..it is Chinese word which means Prosperity+Good luck. Tombow explained about it at the previous page
Zarpia
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Feb 1 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]499834[/snapback]
@Zarpia - That is really beautiful! I wish I could tell you what those symbol-thingy's mean.
QUOTE(The New Fullmetal Alchemist @ Feb 1 2007, 10:50 PM) [snapback]499843[/snapback]
Wow, Zarpia! the most I've ever gotten at a garage sale is a lamp! blink.gif Very beautiful! I'm sorry, I have no idea, either...
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 2 2007, 12:24 AM) [snapback]499876[/snapback]
@Zarpia - How large are those?? The shape looks like a set of Japanese tea cups, or something??
Nice finds at the garage sale!! And, as Kenji has posted, these two chinese characters make up a word. Individualy, the first character means good luck, and the second one means prosperity. biggrin.gif
(BTW, I switched the posting to Attachments. Hope that's ok!! happy.gif )
QUOTE(Edamame @ Feb 2 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]499925[/snapback]

Thanks everyone.

Tombow - Thank for fixing the post. For some reason I can't attach images =/ so that's why i posted them like that, and since the site reduces it size, well I thought that it will not bother people XD

That is just one cup, it has 1 symbols on each side, the size of that "cup" is like 5 pr 6 inches? I'm not sure, is really heave too.

Mei told me that the symbols mean "Lucky" and "Complete", tho she agrees with the "Lucky" and "Prosperity" that you all told me as well.
Kenji
QUOTE(Zarpia @ Feb 3 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]499961[/snapback]
That is just one cup, it has 1 symbols on each side, the size of that "cup" is like 5 pr 6 inches? I'm not sure, is really heave too.

Mei told me that the symbols mean "Lucky" and "Complete", tho she agrees with the "Lucky" and "Prosperity" that you all told me as well.

Ooh...only one cup with dual word on it... If it is only one...then it make shall make sense that it is a cup... @Tombow I lose =.=
5-6inch tall or 5-6inch wide?? LOL... Does it comes with a lid? It seems to me the lid is included too in the photograph.

Happy Drinking with the cup! ^.^
Zarpia
A lid? no, no lid, is 5-6 inc. tall^^

Edit: hehe thanks happy.gif;; is using it for pencils XD
Raenef_the_fifth
Here's a few pics I have taken.
My pics on Piczo
By the way, all the pictures I take are for personal enjoyment, not for art or anything. (Now I wish I had taken a picture of an ice storm we had a few weeks ago, everything was sparkley and really beautiful)
*~vachi~*
QUOTE(Raenef_the_fifth @ Feb 2 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]500005[/snapback]
Here's a few pics I have taken.
My pics on Piczo
By the way, all the pictures I take are for personal enjoyment, not for art or anything. (Now I wish I had taken a picture of an ice storm we had a few weeks ago, everything was sparkley and really beautiful)

Ohh, very nice pictures!! Cute puppy!! <3
Tombow
QUOTE(Raenef_the_fifth @ Feb 2 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]500005[/snapback]

@Raenef_the_fifth - That is soooo cute!! The second pick, I keep smiling at the doggie in the pic, and being tempted to touch the nose!! biggrin.gif
Too bad you didn't take any pics of the ice storm you had!!
Hope you can share more of your pics with us!! happy.gif

QUOTE(Zarpia @ Feb 2 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]499966[/snapback]
is using it for pencils XD
@Zarpia - Tehehe, I'm using a Japanese tea cup for holding pencils, too!! tongue.gif
Raenef_the_fifth
QUOTE(Tombow @ Feb 2 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]500077[/snapback]
QUOTE(Raenef_the_fifth @ Feb 2 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]500005[/snapback]

@Raenef_the_fifth - That is soooo cute!! The second pick, I keep smiling at the doggie in the pic, and being tempted to touch the nose!! biggrin.gif

smile.gif All my friends are the same, I just got a nano and they keep on looking at my pictures on it and going 'Ahh! He's sooo cute!!' (of course, they look at my FMA pictures and keep on saying how the guy in the belly shirt's really creepy <-- I have a lot of Envy pics on there)I need to steal borrow my mom's camera again, I have a ski trip in Quebec and I want to take tons of pictures!
Blitz
I come bearing a photo. ^^ Photography's fun~

Illuminate
Raenef_the_fifth
^ ^ ^
Oohh!! Pretty laugh.gif Nice picture!!
Tombow
@Blitz - It's like a shot from part of story or something!!
You can feel the warmth of the light!! Very nice!! happy.gif
Kenji
The swallow chicks are so cute...you are lucky you have a swallow build its nests on your house window... =]
ed_drink_your_milk
Not Sure At First
^I took this on vacation a few years ago and at first I couldn't tell if the stalagmites were a reflection or real. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.