Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photography Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Chiyo
Aww thanks mei, but I doubt any will ever sell

St Editha's
Lonesome Stroll
mei_tenshi
I'm seriously thinking of buying one of your Ibiza photographs--perhaps the waterfall one. (Though I love the St. Editha's graveyard pic more, I'm not sure what my mom would say if she saw I had a scene that's clearly of a graveyard hanging over my bed...probably that it's inauspicious and suspiciously morbid of me. tongue.gif)

Under the tracks at a BART station. The supports remind me of shrine gates. Too bad I forgot that my camera was set to indoors mode, so the light came out really, really bright even though it was pretty overcast. x_x
Carnal Malefactor

wook at da puppyyyyyy!
ed_drink_your_milk
^...My right hand is inching towards a piece of paper...this might become a series...

National Gallery of Art in Washington DC

National Gallery of Art 2
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
My beautiful kitty, Crystal ^^!
mei_tenshi
Bacon: Miyuki's cute, as usual.

Milky: Wow. What huge columns! I like how everything is so geometric and glossy in that picture, and then there's the one guy sitting on the bench and illuminated in yellow light.

~Ed~Elric~Fan~: Your cat's eyes are beautiful~

Strawberry Creek in the morning.
Less trees, more creek.

As per Quis's request, here are close-ups of the newest scarf that my mom made for me:
Scarf!
Fringe!
Chiyo
mei - yous got some very pretty pics of that creek, the sunlight is perfect.

milky - I love that second shot

Rememberence
Straight On
Meitantei Conan
Click on the Picture to make it Bigger

I was Bored >.<

My Girlfriend =]

My Neice on Halloween
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
~Ed~Elric~Fan~: Your cat's eyes are beautiful~

~*Mei: Thank you ^^! I also like that creek, it's so pretty with all the trees around it. And, wow, your mom is very talented! Beautiful scarf!
--
~*Chiyo: I love the 'Rememberence' picture, making the flowers colored and the rest of the picture gray-scaled makes it look really cool!
--
~*ScarMySoul: Haha, I love those pumpkins, they're really funny =P. 'No Children in Site' is creepy.

Crystal Sleeping

Crystal Sleeping #2

I couldn't resist, she sleeps so cutely that I had to take a picture of her XP.
Toby-Chan
Warning! Do not look at this photo set unless you are prepared to view a scruffy cute farm kitten!
Fushi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 8 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Warning! Do not look at this photo set unless you are prepared to view a scruffy cute farm kitten!

Macroing was mandatory.
ScarMySoul
Bulbs

My christmas tree

Adrial

Shadow
Slashrose1010
Here is a lil something I slapped together first period when my teacher was absent. I made it with calligraphy ink and pens. I could have done more and made it look better if I found the big pen before I was half done, but it's still OK, lol.

Strawberry Fields Forever Calligraphy Art (inspired by Across the Universe film)
Fullmetal Windex
My Computer Desk
This is of my computer desk. It proves my organizational skills!
ἀρχή
Click to view attachment What a pathetic look tongue.gif
Slashrose1010
Here is a thing I quickly slapped together with the new beginner's acrylic paint set my sis got me for xmas. I'm new to painting, so be kind please :[ I mostly wanted to just play with mixing paints and flowing brush strokes.

ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 27 2007, 11:38 PM) *
Here is a thing I quickly slapped together with the new beginner's acrylic paint set my sis got me for xmas. I'm new to painting, so be kind please :[ I mostly wanted to just play with mixing paints and flowing brush strokes.

That looks neat. Your brush strokes are really nice and smooth. smile.gif I love painting with Acrylics...

This is my favorite one I did [link]

Slashrose1010
Quite impressive. I hope I can paint like that some day. Is the painting actually black and white, or did you desaturate it?
Toby-Chan
Acrylics are pretty nice, but they dry fast, so you have to work quickly. I really like the wavy strokes you made there, and the pretty colors.

If we're sharing acrylic paintings, here's one I did a few weeks ago when I had a sudden compulsion to stay up and sit on the bathroom floor to paint with my acrylics and board canvases, just for practice or whatev. I wanted to see if I could capture/create expression, so it started off as being based on my face (Most artists seem to default to drawing faces that somewhat resemble their own, I've noticed) but then the skin tone was all weird and I like darker skin anyway, so it turned into this girl. (Bad photo of the canvas, but that's it)

For using acrylics in layers, I reccomend mostly working from dark to light in shades, as opposed to watercolors and colored pencils where you work from light and gradually add darker tones.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:21 PM) *
Quite impressive. I hope I can paint like that some day. Is the painting actually black and white, or did you desaturate it?

lol no I made it black and white to see what kind of effect I could get and I liked it. I'll post the colored version when I have more time.

@ Toby-Chan That its very impressive. I have to say you were wanting to capture an expression and you've done it well. smile.gif
Slashrose1010
I really like that painting, Toby. Thanks for the tip about the darker first. I just kinda went at that first painting with a chainsaw, lol. And yeah, that was one of the toughest things I noticed right away about acrylics, is that it dries wayyy fast.
ScarMySoul
Click to view attachment

I know this isn't a photograph but I was very proud of how this came out. biggrin.gif Its of Hitsugi from the band Nightmare. <3
Slashrose1010
Here is the black acrylic I did on canvass before colouring it with watercoluors. And the finished piece.

ScarMySoul
I so haven't been here in a while but I thought I'd share with you my photos that I've recently taken....

#1 White Flower

#2 Lavender Flowers

#3 Pathway

#4 Waterfall
mei_tenshi
^ So pretty! I especially love the vibrant green in 'Pathway'! ohmy.gif

As usual, very nicely done, ScarMySoul~
Tombow
@Toby-Chan, Slashrose1010, ScarMySoul - Nice painting/drawing!!

@ScarMySoul - Nice to see your beautiful pics here again!! They're very nice!! ^^
ScarMySoul
@ Mei Thanks so much! biggrin.gif

I apologize for the water mark from deviant, I've had people take my photos and claim they were theirs, so I hope you can bear with it... biggrin.gif

#1 Butterflies All In A Row

#2 Willows In The Distance

#3 Crossing Salt Creek

#4 First Bloom

#5 Stumbling Into Narnia

#6 Fruits Basket Easter Style
^^Left to right: Ayame, Yuki, Tohru, Kyo, Hatsuharu, and Momiji^^
Blitz
^ That picture "Crossing Salt Creek" is AMAZING. I love how you captured the snowfall. :3
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 26 2008, 05:13 PM) *
^ That picture "Crossing Salt Creek" is AMAZING. I love how you captured the snowfall. :3

biggrin.gif Thanks so much! I captured that when I moved to Illinois this year in February.... I was rather proud of that one wink.gif
Edamame
First off I would like to thank whoever revived this thread (ScarMySoul happy.gif )- I missed it, and was always looking for an excuse to bring it back from dead. Hopefully, we will get a great deal more people posting here now due to fact that a new FMA series appears to be in store.

ScarMySoul: Your nature photographs are gorgeous. I especially love the photograph of the tiny little white flowers that look like miniature butterflies. Your photograph "Crossing Salt Creek" is beautiful; I really like the contrast and the simplicity of it. Your Furuba eggs are also extremely cute as well. I look forward to more of your work!

She Sells Seashells

ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Edamame @ Sep 2 2008, 03:06 PM) *
ScarMySoul: Your nature photographs are gorgeous. I especially love the photograph of the tiny little white flowers that look like miniature butterflies. Your photograph "Crossing Salt Creek" is beautiful; I really like the contrast and the simplicity of it. Your Furuba eggs are also extremely cute as well. I look forward to more of your work!

She Sells Seashells

Thanks so much for the kind comments! biggrin.gif Your shells are beautiful. I commented on your deviantart as well. biggrin.gif

Daisy In Color

Daisy In Black and White

Beetle Orgy

Stuck In A Bog

Creeping Vine
Edamame
ScarMySoul: I love your black and white photograph of the daisy. The contrast is wonderful- the white daisy looks as though it is about to pop of the page! A very simple yet elegant photograph. The photograph of the crazy Japanese beetle love-in made me laugh. We get so many Japanese beetles in early July eating our flowers, making little beetles babies, and flying in our hair. Lots of delicious beetle goodness! The bog looks like a great place to explore and find wildlife like frogs and turtles. I can definitely see myself trekking through it and finding all kinds of strange things. More photos please! biggrin.gif

Some photographs from Spain: (Please shoot me if I showed these in the past.)
View From El Escorial
Bullfighters
Traditional Spanish Dancers

Some Insect Shots:
Black Moth
Butterfly

~I hope more people will post their photographs...
Zarpia
ScarMySoul - All the pics are beautiful, the one that made my stomach hurt before I even open it was "beetle orgy" XD
ScarMySoul
@Edamame Thanks so much for the kind words! I faved your two insect pictures! Stunning shots of them both! biggrin.gif

@Zarpia laugh.gif I'm glad I made you laugh! Thanks for the kind comments!

These pictures were taken at Fullersberg Woods during the all day rain when Gustav was passing over laugh.gif

Pathway

Grau Mill

Bridge of Solitude Part 2

Blue Flower

Berries In The Rain

biggrin.gif
Blitz
Poof

Anyone care for a looksie?
ScarMySoul
@ Envy-Chan Lovely pics!

@ Blitz Very nice shot of the water drops! [I watched you by the way on dA biggrin.gif]

ETA: Dec 18, 2008
Unintentional Snow Angel

laugh.gif

I fell on my back.......
^^^ahahahahahahah that caught me off guard
Artixte
I love icestorms, and nice pictures. The barren wastelands pretty interesting, I like the emptiness of it.
Chiyo
Well I said I'd post some pictures from my holiday in Wales and for the very few who still might be interested here they are;

Portmeirion
Portmeirion 2
Porthmadog Harbour
Beddgelert
Black Rock Sands - yes I even have a stock account

Ffestiniog Railway
zombie
delete
MsLinn
Yey, I found the right thread! Even if it's kinda dead unconsious =.=
Well, I was out shopping yesterday with my mother (IN THE FREAKING COLD) and I saw this car, and hoping it's not illegal, I took a picture of it (with my not so fantastic mobile)!
Guess what? It's small, red and is called Edo!!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cute!
ScarMySoul
Here are some new pics I have....

Snow Covered Bridge

Wild Daisies

Lake Superior

black~hayate
Hello guys. I wanted to show some pictures by myself =)
1st picture: There are swans near our house. They have their own lake. Or water hole. It's pretty small. Those guys build a nest right now. But they won't get babies. Dunno why...
2nd picture: Flowers! Those are called "Narzissen" in German. They're pretty!

Hope you like my pictures! I will upload more!
PS: I don't make photos as a hobby, I just want to show everyone what I see. My "cam" is my Samsung i8000 Jet mobile phone, but I'm not very pleased with its cam!
ScarMySoul
@ Hayate Lovely pics! I really like the daphodile! biggrin.gif

These are some of my new pics....

Harsen Family Farm

Copper Mountain Ski Jump
^^^ I was 60 stories up... I about shat myself laugh.gif

Watching Ice Melt

Faint Memories

Copper Queen Orchid
KwiatekAlchemist
@black~hayate:I love those!.
and ScarMySoul, I love yours too. (:

Here are the newest ones I did:

topiche

April Showers

For the love of Coffee

happy.gif
Michiyo-
Very nice pics, hayate, ScarMySoul and sambam! smile.gif

Now it's my turn to show some photos I took last weekend:

Hope you like them. ^^
black~hayate
Wow! Michyo-, I can feel the spring coming out of your pictures!
Sambam, your pictures are pretty, too! I love coffee! And I love the love of coffee!
So... my turn again?
Random pictures!

1. my custom Envy plushie
2. my shooting training results
3. swan butt!
4. Rhododedron is what this flower is called. So bright...
ScarMySoul
@ Michyo ohmy.gif I took some pics of the blue flowers you posted as well! The ones I took though were at the Brookfield Zoo happy.gif

These are some flower pics I took today:

Virginia Bluebells

Dutchman's Breeches

Dutchman's Breeches

Wild Geranium

Mayapple

Jack-in-the-pulpit

Squirrel Corn

Virginia Bluebells
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.