Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photography Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Carnal Malefactor
ed_drink_your_milk
Here are a few pics from my trip to China:

Through a Great Wall fort window

The Great Wall

Old Beijing

Amazing chair man
foolmetal alchemist
I spent a few nights at a castle on my Ireland vacation. I was walking around taking pictures of the forest in its backyard, when I accidentally ended up with this nice looking photo. XD

Sunset-ish...
bryantq
I wouldn't dare post all the pictures i have; so ill sprinkle them here and there once in a while.

Some pictures i took while in switzerland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryantq/758001032/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryantq/757035501/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryantq/756951469/
Kenji
love the snow mountain... wub.gif

Switzerland is indeed a country blessed with unlimited beautiful nature sceneries...
Tombow
@Carnal - Miyuki has such a gentle and cute expression looking at you!! biggrin.gif

@ed_drink_your_milk - Awesome pics from your trip to China!!
Beautiful sceneries, and I love the pic of old Beijin with curved roof houses and neatly lined up bike rickshaws. ^^

@foolmetal alchemist - Wow, that is amazingly beautiful Irish sunset pic!! The contrast of sunny and shaded areas, the benches against the vast green field, and that last glimpse of Sun just about to set and the soft sky and clouds, they all blend in just right and making this one such a beautiful photo, IMO!!
And, that moss-green color looks sooo Ireland!! I love it!! happy.gif

@bryantq-sama - Beautiful pics from Switzerland!! That pic of snow covered mountain top against the sky in the back is magnificent, and the rapid in the mountain is beautiful!! Is that the train I see? ^^
And, the last one with the rock cliff/formation looks amazing!!
Those are gorgeous pics!! Hope you will post some more!! happy.gif
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 18 2007, 07:28 AM) *
@foolmetal alchemist - Wow, that is amazingly beautiful Irish sunset pic!! The contrast of sunny and shaded areas, the benches against the vast green field, and that last glimpse of Sun just about to set and the soft sky and clouds, they all blend in just right and making this one such a beautiful photo, IMO!!
And, that moss-green color looks sooo Ireland!! I love it!! happy.gif

Don't think I'm a good photographer, I just got really lucky. XD
Edamame
Carnal Malefactor: I love Miyuki's expression. She looks like she is waiting to get fed a nice steak dinner.

Ed_Drink_Your_Milk: Your photographs from your trip to China are beautiful. It must have been incredible to see the Great Wall of China in person. I especially like the photograph of the Chinese acrobat balancing on all those chairs.

FoolMetal Alchemist: That is such a lovely picture of the setting sun in Ireland. I love how you captured the streams of light coming through the clouds. The photograph has a truly calming and serene feel to it.

Brytanq: Those are truly beautiful photographs! You truly have a great eye for photography. All of your photographs look like they belong in a National Geographic article. The snow covered mountain set against the blue sky is amazing. My personal favourite is the cliff formation; there is a striking contrast between lights and darks. I really want to visit Swizterland now...

Some photographs from Portugal:
Coimbra
O-Porto
Gondolas in the River
Before the Rainstorm

Ailuro

Alex and Asha, my kitties. <3

Who moved my post?! D<
Carnal Malefactor
I moved it where it belonged, dammit. Why don't you answer my PMs? D:

note to Tombow: you DON'T have to reply to every post here.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Jul 18 2007, 09:56 PM) *

But it's not photography, dammit. It's not meant to be all artsy, it's just a picture. xP
And don't delete Tombow's posts, foo'.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jul 19 2007, 02:41 AM) *
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Jul 18 2007, 09:56 PM) *

But it's not photography, dammit. It's not meant to be all artsy, it's just a picture. xP

If it's not a picture with you in it, it counts as photography. That's why I created this thread, after all. My thread, my rules. tongue.gif
And don't delete Tombow's posts, foo'.

That's between me and Tombow.

Now PLEASE answer my PM. It's a simple question I asked. D=
Tombow
@Carnal Malefactor - I think I have every right to reply to Ailuro-san's post with the pic of her cute kitties. huh.gif

And, of course I don't have to reply to every post here, but I enjoy replying to posts here.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by posting my replies. smile.gif

ETA: Photobacket was doing the maintenance yesterday. ^^
@Edamame - Beautiful pics from Coimbra!! I love that detailed works on the building!
And, nice views of the town of Oporto and the river, complete with Gondolas with the Port wine (my guess ^^) casks!! Sweet!! ^^
Ailuro
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 18 2007, 10:47 PM) *
@Carnal Malefactor - I think I have every right to reply to Ailuro-san's post with the pic of her cute kitties. huh.gif

Yes, more talk of my cute kitties, please. <3

Roman, leave me be, please. I'm in an icky mood. D:
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jul 19 2007, 02:48 AM) *
Roman, leave me be, please. I'm in an icky mood. D:

You've been in an icky mood for like 2 weeks now, it seems. I feel like you're angry at me over something, and I can't figure out what it is. You know I don't like to be left hanging. sad.gif
Ailuro
Stressed and stuff like that. I'll tell you later. =/

*gets back on topic*

Right after that picture, Alex grabbed at Asha's legs and they started play fighting. It was adorable.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jul 19 2007, 02:52 AM) *
Stressed and stuff like that. I'll tell you later. =/

sad.gif

Poor thing. Well, I hope things get better for you.

You need to make a video of your cats playing together. =3
Ailuro
That I do! It shall be my next project.
Naivete
KITTIES!
Ailuro has pretty kitties. ohmy.gif
I likes them..

But I still think my black one was more adorable.
Chiyo
Eda - once again beautiful scenery pics, as is the Ireland pic fooly. And of course the cuteness of Aily's kitties.

Rosie Kisses - I like teh arty farty pics
bryantq
Bear puts his paws together to beg for food from passerby's in Bern, Switzerland
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryantq/757755976/

Waterfall rapids
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryantq/757000483/

The beach in Nice, France.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryantq/752802536/
Tombow
@Chiyo - That is such a beautiful pic!! I think taking out the colors is really working here... I think it subdues the tantalizing aspect of the pic, and allowing the pic to speak more softly, yet strongly. (BTW, you have such a beautiful face.. Not that I don't know that. ^^)

@bryantq-sama - Aww, that bear is cute with that pose!! *quickly gets shot by PETA* XD
(Can't help it, I like teddy bears!! ^^)
And, I can feel the rush of water in that Waterfall rapids pic, and a beautiful beach and the sky pic from Nice, France!! I love how the color and the tone came out on this one, and the combination of the sky full of clouds and the beach, shoreline, and the town lights afar. Beautiful pics!! Can't wait to see the next set of pics!! ^^
Elderberry
@bryantq-sama: I agree, that bear looks quite adorable with that pose. *also gets shot by the PETA* And I really like the blue tones all over that beach photo, especially the sky. smile.gif

Also, not to be one of those people who finds every stupid, insignificant, little thing totally amazing and worth sharing, but I was digging around my desk this morning and this amused me...rolleyes.gif; (By the way, is it just me or is the file attachment feature not cooperating?)
bryantq
Click to view attachment

This is a test of the file upload attachment editor (pic related).

When you submit an item to be attached you hit browse, find the file, hit upload. it is then added to the "Attachments" dropdown where it says "Manage Current Attachments (x)" where x is the number of uploads you have made.

You open the dropdown and select the attachment and it'll insert it into your post.
Edamame
Ailuro: Your two cats are criminally cute. I can't wait to see your completed cat video.

Chiyo: Once again another wonderfully artistic photograph. This is such a gorgeous shot; I love the muted/sub-dued blacks and whites. This is truly a lovely photograph compisition wise. Great job Chi~

Bryantq:
Your photographs very Switzerland and France are gorgeous. The photograph over the roaring water-fall rapids make me want to go kayaking. The photograph of the beach in Nice, France is freaking beautiful. The bright blue hue of the ocean set against the darker blue hues of the sky really makes this photograph stand out. Lovely job, and I look forward to seeing more photographs from your travels.

Elderberry: I love coincidences like that. happy.gif

Carnal Malefactor
So I went and harassed Miyuki with my camera as she was trying to sleep.

XD

Twilightz
^ Wow, the last one looks neat.

Here are some pics I took on my vacation in Greece.

Random Greek house

A view from an airplane

Beach

Flowers

Another flower

Lemon tree

"Window" view

Cute flower

Roses?
Edamame
Edaward~Elric~Fan: Lovely photographs of the rain-storm clouds. I also like your Fullmetal collage.

Carnal Malefactor: Miyuki really has the best expressions!

Ed_Drink_Your_Milk: The last photograph of the scale model of inner Shanghai is really neat! (I kind of want to put hamsters in the model and watch what would happen. *_*)

Twilightz: Greece looks truly beautiful. Your photograph View from the Airplane looks like it belongs in a scene from a fantasy movie. I can almost smell all the flowers in your photographs, epsecially in the close-up photograph of the rose. The "cute flowers" really do live up to their names- I wonder what type of flower they are. That photograph of the beach looks so relazing right about now!

Things with Wings:
Butterfly
Monarch
Black Butterfly
Dragonfly
Clear-Winged Hummingbird Moth
Tiny Butterfly

~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Edaward~Elric~Fan: Lovely photographs of the rain-storm clouds. I also like your Fullmetal collage.

~*Edamame: Thank you very much!! And wow, how do you get such amazing pics of those bugs??
--

Main Scoreboard

Great View #1

Great View #2

Great View #3

Brown and White Horses

Brown Horse

Main Scoreboard Numbers

The Race on Screen

Action Shot

--
All taken at the racetrack. I have a few more but I'll post those tomorrow happy.gif!

EDIT: Heres the rest of the pictures.

Up Close Picture of a Brown Horse

Red and White Flowers #1

Red and White Flowers #2

Red and White Flowers #3

Red Flowers
Blitz
Hi~ dA ID
Artixte
Wow,why is there a pair of antlers sticking up the cover of a barbecue grill?
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(XxWanderfullPursonxX @ Aug 5 2007, 08:46 PM) *
Wow,why is there a pair of antlers sticking up the cover of a barbecue grill?

My neighbor was boiling a deer head, he's into Taxadermy (sp?) lol..... blink.gif
Artixte
blink.gif Well,I have to say I'm appauled?I'm sorry I'm just a 13 year old but....what's taxadermy?
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(XxWanderfullPursonxX @ Aug 5 2007, 09:20 PM) *
blink.gif Well,I have to say I'm appauled?I'm sorry I'm just a 13 year old but....what's taxadermy?

Its like if you see a deer head mounted on a wall, its pretty much a trophy from sport hunting.
Artixte
blink.gif ...Oh dear,I think I just lost my dignity...You have to boil a deer's head to make a trophy?I didn't know there were deers in Texas,I always thought of Texas as a dry and barren place since I was little.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(XxWanderfullPursonxX @ Aug 5 2007, 10:36 PM) *
blink.gif ...Oh dear,I think I just lost my dignity...You have to boil a deer's head to make a trophy?I didn't know there were deers in Texas,I always thought of Texas as a dry and barren place since I was little.

hahahah well you can have the people do it for you but he works for the place so he does it at home I guess lol
Artixte
Did your neighbor let you take a picture?Was it bloody? (Sorry,its my curiosity)
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(XxWanderfullPursonxX @ Aug 5 2007, 10:41 PM) *
Did your neighbor let you take a picture?Was it bloody? (Sorry,its my curiosity)

laugh.gif I'll send you a pm so as to not get off topic here biggrin.gif
Edamame
Edward~Elric~Fan: Thank you! (All I really did was use a low shutter-speed and zoom in.) Nice photographs of the horse race, especially the action shot.

Blitz: Great Deviant Art I.D. I love your pose with the fuzzy hat. Nice job with the digital editing. You have some incredible photographs in your gallery. *_*

ScarMySoul:
Oooh, cool photographs of the venus fly-trap. I love the up-cloe photograph of the dragon-fly; you can see the texture/patterns on its wings. All I have to say about the last photograph: "I wonder if antlers go well with barbeque sauce." tongue.gif
~Kurenai~
ScarMySoul
-Hey! I almost bought a Venus Flyttrap like that from Hope Depot..lol
-Oh wow, boiling a deer head, now that's one I've never seen... ohmy.gif
-Cool dragonfly. I caught one of those before. On Animal Crossing biggrin.gif

ed_drink_your_milk
-Wow, the first picture reminds me of a book I read. It was Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn.
ScarMySoul
@ Edamame hahaha thanks. I fed my venus fly trap a mosquito yesterday.... and I need to go and get some crickets for it. I planted it in a fish bowl so its like a terrerium kind of environment.

@ Kurenai hahaha thanks! That dragonfly wouldn't leave my light alone so I was like fine I'll just take a picture of it hahaha
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Aug 6 2007, 07:36 AM) *
@ Kurenai hahaha thanks! That dragonfly wouldn't leave my light alone so I was like fine I'll just take a picture of it hahaha

You mean it's not dead?
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(~Kurenai~ @ Aug 6 2007, 08:12 AM) *

You mean it's not dead?

um, no..... its not dead mellow.gif why would it be?
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Aug 6 2007, 03:52 PM) *

You mean it's not dead?

.......oh wait...it's sticking to the side of a wall huh?...I though it was upside-down...ahha I'm dumb rolleyes.gif
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(~Kurenai~ @ Aug 6 2007, 04:09 PM) *
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ Aug 6 2007, 03:52 PM) *

You mean it's not dead?

.......oh wait...it's sticking to the side of a wall huh?...I though it was upside-down...ahha I'm dumb rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif sillysaurus.... Yeah it was outside on my back porch.
~Kurenai~
ohh, I looked at your D.A...nice artwork!
Tombow
@Twilightz - Nice pic from Greece!! I love the pic of the house with white walls, and roses are nice, too!!

@ed_drink_your_milk - Neat pics from China!

@Edamame - Those are beutiful!! I love every one of them, but the first one with the butterfly on Echinacea flower is like a pic on National Geographic!! Awesome!!

@~Edward~Elric~Fan~ - Nice pics from the racetrack!! I liked the cloud pics and the pic of your FMA collage, too!!

@Blitz - Nice id!! I like the light bulb!! biggrin.gif

@ScarMySoul - Nice pic of Venus Fly Trap and the dragonfly, but that your neighbor's home taxidermy pic is sooo unique!! tongue.gif

Oh, and.. @EKE-san - Gahaha, you got me!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.