Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Funniest Moments/scenes/qutoes In FMA Anime (first Series)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
Sandy_Tears
QUOTE(Kukuru @ Jan 31 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]345111[/snapback]

There are so many, I agree with everyone definitely on

Ep 13 -Mustang: 'Dogs, I LOVE dogs!'
Crowd (to Mustang): 'Boo you just want a promotion'
Crowd (to Ed): 'What where, I can't see him:P'

Ep 37 - Mustang: 'How did I get such a pathetic staff??!!'
'This ladies is the 12th and FINAL warehouse of
the military.'
Fury - 'I can final start taking my normal route home'
Mustang - 'And we're all very happy for you, can we go now?'
Mustang's log - Mustang has work to do but decides to take a nap (AHAH don't we all:P) and then at 11:15 hours (or something like that) he begins to start furiously signing the papers, all the while claiming that he doesn't have time for this tongue.gif - It's funny cause it is true

Um I also like, let me think,

Ep 8 with Yoki! That is funny as how Ed handles that 'You handed all the township over for me for free, at least that is what it says in this letter you wrote me'

Ep 10 -Ed to Psirien - 'So which dress up doll is it today??!!'

Ep 20 - Al battling Barry 'Why did I get the crazy one?' and Ed at the end - 'There doesn't happen to be a 3rd brother does there?'

Ahaha, some of my quotes are wrong, but hey:P You get the idea smile.gif

Episode 37 and 13 are soo funny umm favorites are

Ep10 : Ed: Well Psiren it looks like you've been pinned
* Edward touching her breast*
Ed frantically: I DIDN'T MEAN THAT

Ep 13: Maes: in the red corner, hero of the eastrn rebillon, CORNEL ROY MUSTANG GIVE IT UP

Guys in crowd: BOOO, YOU JUST WANNA PROMOTION, GIMME BACK MY GIRLFRIEND

Maes: And in the blue corner, hero of the people, EDWARD ELRIC

guys in Crowd: WHAT WERE I CANT SEE HIM, WORKING GRADE-SCHOOLER'S MORE LIKE IT, GOODLUCK BEAN-SPROUT!
Ed:DONT CALL ME SMALL I'LL BREAK DOWN YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!

Mustang: I LOVE DOGS''
Furey: really you mean it!?
Mustang manlly vocie: OF COURSE, DOGS EMBODY LOYALTY. THEY FOLLOW THEIR MASTER'S COMMANDS ABOVE ALL ELSE. BE A JERK TO THEM AND THEY DONT COMPLIAN AND THEY NEVER ONCE BEG FOR A PAYCHECK!! TRUST ME FUREY THEY'RE THE GREAT SERVANTS OF MAN! "LOYAL CANINE, HOW WE SALUTE THEE!

Mustang: THAT DAY, ALL FEMALE OFFICERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR....TINY MINISKIRTS!!!!!!!
* ciggarette falls out of havoc's mouth and a drip of blood comes down his face* You"re a miracle, Mustang! I'll follow you the resst of my life!
Mustang in Manly voice: YES!

animefreak330
i think that episode 37 was definitely the funniest! it was totally awesome...o especially wen havoc came up with his theory:

potato+tomato=pomato
that was awesome!!!
FullmetalMagician
LOL, pomato...
why isn't it totato??
tomato+potato
Full_Metal_Fury
the episode when they try to find havoc a girlfriend was the funniest one by far...and with warehouse 13
Bolt
I'm not saying this is the funnist part in the seris but, when Ed is crawing through the vent in lab 5 and he starts to call himself small, he looks like a worm! laugh.gif
Suzume^
Uh, this is some kinda spoiler? Or maybe not...
One of the best parts is in episode 50, I think, where Ed is punching Envy, who transforms to look like people Ed wouldn't hit. When Envy transforms to Roy Mustang, Ed grins and says something like "that's the easiest face to punch!" That was so funny that I started to laught, though the situation was so dramatic. laugh.gif
Winry Elric
Mine would be:

The first part in the first episode when-
Al: I get full
Ed:full of what? *kicks al and the armor opens and the sand fall on top of him*
Al: *laughs and moves away*
then Ed chases him and stuff, that was hilarious^^

Another is just all the times Ed is called short, it's especially funny when the people react: we didn't say that! ^^

But the funniest one on my opinion is the whole scene in episode 44 when Brosch is crying and they see Hohenheim flirting with Ross and Ed gets angry and goes up and kicks him. That whole scene is hilarious, the best laugh.gif
Karuki
Hehe..I love the part where Ed mimics Mustang in Ep 13 XD
Ed: We're here
Al: Yup
Ed: *sighs*
Al: What's wrong, brother?
Ed: Can't you guess? I have to listen to the Colonel's long and sarcastic remarks again!
*starts mimicking*
Ed (Mustang) So the Philosopher's Stone in Lio was a fake as well? How long are you going to continue using military funds on this wild good chase? Oh? Where'd Edward-kun?
*Ed*: I'm here!
Ed (Mustang): I'm sorry, I'm sorry..I couldn't see you because of the pile of papers
Al: *sweatdrops*
Ed: *laughs insanely* *sighs*

laugh.gif Besides, I don't know if anyone noticed but Ed kinda looked like he was dancing back there ^^;
GoldenbladeAlchemist
I think one of the funniest episodes in FMA ever is when Ed was driving the weird tractor/train thing that Winry fixed, and Ed drives it out of control and when you see Ed he's all burnt and his hair is in an afro. It was hilarious! But I can't remember what episode it was...
Tyrasibion
I liked episode 44 (around 9:40 in the episode), where Mustang, Ed, Al, Riza, etc, etc, are looking at the house where Hohenheim is sitting with Lieutenant Ross, and Ed runs at Hohenheim like a mad man, and punches him in the face, saying "What the hell are you doing, flirting?".

And then, a minute later, Hohenheim asks if Ed still dislikes milk, and Ed's face turns red, and he replies with "Who's a super small brat that you can't see and that doesn't grow up?!", while kicking Hohenheim in the chest with his auto-mail leg. XD
Sleeping Forest
QUOTE(Karuki @ Apr 18 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]383165[/snapback]

Hehe..I love the part where Ed mimics Mustang in Ep 13 XD
Ed: We're here
Al: Yup
Ed: *sighs*
Al: What's wrong, brother?
Ed: Can't you guess? I have to listen to the Colonel's long and sarcastic remarks again!
*starts mimicking*
Ed (Mustang) So the Philosopher's Stone in Lio was a fake as well? How long are you going to continue using military funds on this wild good chase? Oh? Where'd Edward-kun?
*Ed*: I'm here!
Ed (Mustang): I'm sorry, I'm sorry..I couldn't see you because of the pile of papers
Al: *sweatdrops*
Ed: *laughs insanely* *sighs*

laugh.gif Besides, I don't know if anyone noticed but Ed kinda looked like he was dancing back there ^^;

i thought that was hilarious too...especially since vic did a really great job...
joanne45
QUOTE(Sandy_Tears @ Feb 8 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]347914[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kukuru @ Jan 31 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]345111[/snapback]

There are so many, I agree with everyone definitely on

Ep 13 -Mustang: 'Dogs, I LOVE dogs!'
Crowd (to Mustang): 'Boo you just want a promotion'
Crowd (to Ed): 'What where, I can't see him:P'

Ep 37 - Mustang: 'How did I get such a pathetic staff??!!'
'This ladies is the 12th and FINAL warehouse of
the military.'
Fury - 'I can final start taking my normal route home'
Mustang - 'And we're all very happy for you, can we go now?'
Mustang's log - Mustang has work to do but decides to take a nap (AHAH don't we all:P) and then at 11:15 hours (or something like that) he begins to start furiously signing the papers, all the while claiming that he doesn't have time for this tongue.gif - It's funny cause it is true

Um I also like, let me think,

Ep 8 with Yoki! That is funny as how Ed handles that 'You handed all the township over for me for free, at least that is what it says in this letter you wrote me'

Ep 10 -Ed to Psirien - 'So which dress up doll is it today??!!'

Ep 20 - Al battling Barry 'Why did I get the crazy one?' and Ed at the end - 'There doesn't happen to be a 3rd brother does there?'

Ahaha, some of my quotes are wrong, but hey:P You get the idea smile.gif

Episode 37 and 13 are soo funny umm favorites are

Ep10 : Ed: Well Psiren it looks like you've been pinned
* Edward touching her breast*
Ed frantically: I DIDN'T MEAN THAT

Ep 13: Maes: in the red corner, hero of the eastrn rebillon, CORNEL ROY MUSTANG GIVE IT UP

Guys in crowd: BOOO, YOU JUST WANNA PROMOTION, GIMME BACK MY GIRLFRIEND

Maes: And in the blue corner, hero of the people, EDWARD ELRIC

guys in Crowd: WHAT WERE I CANT SEE HIM, WORKING GRADE-SCHOOLER'S MORE LIKE IT, GOODLUCK BEAN-SPROUT!
Ed:DONT CALL ME SMALL I'LL BREAK DOWN YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!

Mustang: I LOVE DOGS''
Furey: really you mean it!?
Mustang manlly vocie: OF COURSE, DOGS EMBODY LOYALTY. THEY FOLLOW THEIR MASTER'S COMMANDS ABOVE ALL ELSE. BE A JERK TO THEM AND THEY DONT COMPLIAN AND THEY NEVER ONCE BEG FOR A PAYCHECK!! TRUST ME FUREY THEY'RE THE GREAT SERVANTS OF MAN! "LOYAL CANINE, HOW WE SALUTE THEE!

Mustang: THAT DAY, ALL FEMALE OFFICERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR....TINY MINISKIRTS!!!!!!!
* ciggarette falls out of havoc's mouth and a drip of blood comes down his face* You"re a miracle, Mustang! I'll follow you the resst of my life!
Mustang in Manly voice: YES!

They're all the classic especially two of my faves; The Bachelor Lieutenant and The Mystery of Warehouse 13.....all frakking hysterical!
pocketwatch-keeper
I have to agree with the miniskirt line, good ole Roy and his obsession! Although the funniest part of that scene is the pose that he and Havoc strike, as the miniskirts parade across the screen.... all for Hawkeye to walk by them, rolling her eyes. hehehehe

And I love seeing Armstrong and Cig face off. The breaking of clothes and rippling muscles, the sparkly stars... so much fun!

And speaking of Armstrong, seeing him in the Rockbell house, Pinako's reaction to his sparkly-ness is great fun!

Ahhh so many funny moments... and that's not even starting on the brothers....

pwKeeper
Funderful
Ah, yes.
I love the Bachelor Roy Mustang/Warehouse 13 episode.
It was funny when Ed starting dancing around in episode 13, too.
Vic did a great Job, you're right!
I found it really funny, but a tad awkward when he starting laughing in that low tone. >>
TheEnternalAlchemist
WOOW im really suprised no1 mentioned eposoid 10 the phantom thief, when ed squized that girl (i for got her name)'s tits.... than she said well yove never fought a women befor have you. HOW THE HELL DID NO! MENTION THAT
Mudkipblader
In the episode "All is one, one is all".

Al: "The world is the all,..."
Ed (very seriously): "and I am the ONE!" -cracked me up-

The Teacher episodes are so funny. Izumi is so funny.
"How am I supposed to sleep with all that noise!"

And at the train.
Ed: Let's get out of here. -realises he still needs his watch, turns and gets hit with it-

And all the moments of Hughes (sad.gif) talking about his "o-so-cute-daughter-Elysia"

And I guess everyone says (including me) that episode "Flame vs Metal" and "the bachelor Liuetanent/ Mystery of warehouse 13" are the most funny ones.
inuhariko
Night of the Chimera's Cry.

When Havoc is driving Ed around and explaining the details of the serial killings, Ed snarks on Mustang's political motives from the corner of his mouth "...or wants a promotion." The expression is priceless and had me rolling. Ed can be such a cheeky smart-ass sometimes. tongue.gif Lots of other funny moments too for such a touching, tragic episode; One of my favorites!
Meitantei Conan
when Ed get called short all the dam time and we Nina dog Alexander goes on top of him...
Mercy_Alchemist94
I'm stuck between three (all from the same episode.)

One is where Ed climbs up to the air vent and says Al is too big and Al goes all deformed and blue.

Second is where Ed is crawling in the air vent and says something like "If I was any bigger I wouldn't be able to fit... Guess it's a good thing I'm so small." Then he goes all wiggly and yells out " AAAUGH, NO IT'S NOT!"

Third is where all the booby-traps set off, and where the giant rock rolls by Ed who is small enough to fit between the wall and the ball. (Indiana Jones, much?) And it was killer when I saw the arrow pop up... I don't know why though.

I love that episode!
RoyMustangRox
THE funiest episode of ALL TIME has GOT to be 37...ITS SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!
Stealth
I cracked up when i Ed said this, i think episode 50.

Edward Elric: "The number of people I must beat to a pulp after this has grown too big... If I don't write them down, I'm gonna forget them!

And

Roy Mustang: "Is there no alchemy technique to burn a person through a phone?"
Maes Hughes: "You sure asked a scary question, Flame Alchemist."
strong_arm1
When Kimbley announces he "needs more sulphur", grabs hold of an anonymous dude, and *BOOM* LOL I know I have a sick sense of humor, sorry!
Kitty Chow
oo..i know!! it's whenever people mistake al as the fullmetal alchemist and when they call ed short! xD ed would get into a really bad temper and start tossing them around and beating them up ^^
GREEDisGOOD
Obviously Episode 37 is the funniest, but i think that episode 13 is pretty funny as well.
I actually think that some of the jokes in this show are funnier than the jokes in shows that are trying to be funny.
My all time favorite funniest moment would have to be when Black Hayate buries the bone in front of Mustang - it's hilarious as Mustang is silent and his eyes just follow the dog as it walks away and then turns back and says calmly with a raised eyebrow, "Well, I can't say i was expecting that."
Lt. Misha Mustang
Epsiode 37:

Mustang: Damn it. Why do I have to tag along on their little ghost hunt?
Hawkeye: Because they admire you more than you realize.
Mustang: What good is admiration from other men?

lol
r315razor
I got 2, Basicly the episode "The Flame Alchemist, The Bachelor Lieutenant, & The Mystory of Warehouse 13"

I just loved how Havoc had the exact same expression on his face the entire episode.

Oh yea, and also when Whinry came to visit Ed & Al when they were in the hospital after the Lab 5 incident, and Ed wouldn't drink his milk.
Greensky
Ya I thought the part where Havok getting shot down was the funniest part of the whole series, followed by Black Hayate (spelling?) burying his bone in the investigation zone in that same episode.
LyNzA
All of those episodes were funny. I also think the episode when Elysia is born was halarious cause Ed, Al, and Nina were all scrambling to get away from Gracia, who was screaming.
joanneblessing
<Merged "Favorite Dub Lines" thread with the following two posts here. ^^ 02/01/07 ~Tombow>

So, what are some of everyone's favorite lines from the dubbed episodes and/or movie?

I really, really enjoyed the English voices, myself, and since the story takes place outside of Japan, it seemed more natural to me to have it be in English than, say, Rurouni Kenshin did (but I did watch all of RK in English as well).

Anyway, that aside, I thought it might be kind of fun to post some of your favorite lines. I felt that the writing for this dub was very well done -- I've seen some pretty horrific dubbing and some really lame writing, but I think that this anime was pretty well dubbed. Personally, I'd love the Inuyasha dub a lot more if the scripts were better-written (I think the voice talents are great, but the writing really sucks in places, and the translation of some of the attacks are really abominable) I felt that this show, in contrast, was pretty well done all the way through. Perhaps because it's shorter than most anime series I've seen, which means that the translators had the whole canvas to look at before they began translating.

One of my favorite episodes is the first one, just because it was the first glimpse of the Edward/Alphonse brotherly dynamic.

EPISODE 1
Edward: "I don't understand why you keep falling in!"
Alphonse: "I get full!"
Edward: "Full of what?!"

Edward: "Get back here!"
Alphonse: "What are you going to do?"
Edward: "Nothing!"
Alphonse: "Then why are you chasing me?"
Edward: "Stop and you'll find out!"
Alphonse: "I promise I won't get buried again!"
Edward: "Not unless it's by me!"
Alphonse: "Ed!"

vender: "What's your deal anyway, you street performers?"
Edward: (spitting out his drink) "I don't think so, Pops! Do I look like a clown to you?!"

Edward: "Shorty?! Could a shorty do this?! What else do you want to call me, a half-pint beansprout midget? I'm still growing, you back-water desert idiots!"

EPISODE 2
Edward: "Who are you calling a mousy little pipsqueak?!"
villager: "Nobody said that, now back off!"

EPISODE 3
Edward: "There aren't any more books here on the Philosopher's Stone! Just shoot me in the head, will ya?"

EPISODE 4
Clause: "You just say that because you're nothing but a couple of chickens! Posing as alchemists when you're just a cowardly pipsqueak and his walking trashcan!"
Edward: "Pipsqueak?!"
Alphonse: "Trashcan?!"

EPISODE 5
Mustang: "That guy's okay. And there should be another kid with him. Sort of a pipsqueak."
Hughes: "Pip--?"
Falman: "--Squeak?"
(NOTE: one of my favorite exchanges in the entire series---the timing is hilarious!)

EPISODE 10
Edward: "Damn that guy! He kept saying the same thing for three hours straight. He probably wears that hat to hide the hole in his brain!"

Edward: "Let's make a tape saying I'm innocent. You can play it back all you want."

EPISODE 11
Russell: "I take it then that you're the real Ed, in the suit."
Alphonse: "ME?!"
Edward: "NO! I'm Ed, not him, why does everybody always think that?!"
Fletcher: "So you're the older brother?"
Edward: "DAMN RIGHT!"

EPISODE 12
Edward: "Diminutive State Alchemist? Points for the big word, but you're still going down!"

EPISODE 15
Hughes: "Lay off! I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks! What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?"

EPISODE 17
Edward: "That's gotta be illegal. Making fun of someone's height when they're in pain like this!"

EPISODE 20
Edward: "More short jokes, huh?"

Edward: "Oh shut up and rust!"

EPISODE 26
Winry: "Edward, if you lose I'll kick your ass!"

EPISODE 27
Mason: "Is that you, Edward? Haven't seen you in a while. So... you've finally grown a little bit, haven't you?"
Edward: "He loves to piss me off."

EPISODE 30
Wrath: "What happened?"
Ed: "What happened?! We just saved your dumb ass!"

EPISODE 33
Greed: "I'm sorry, who the hell are you?"
Izumi: "PISSED OFF!"

EPISODE 37
Havoc: "I thought she was playing hard to get with me!"
Falman: "If she's seeing two guys at once, she can't be too hard to get."
Breda: "In a head-to-head against Mustang, Havoc, you're screwed."

Breda: "Damn, Havoc, is that a surveillance log or a diary?"
Havoc: "You take that back, loser!"
Breda: "What? Look who's talking!"
Havoc: "What?!"
Falman: (observing Breda and Havoc) "Yes! I love a good fight!"

EPISODE 47
Edward: "Dammit! There are so many idiots whose asses I have to kick! I'll have to start carrying a list just to keep track of them all!"

MOVIE
Edward: "Stop complaining! I gotta get the water out!"
Alphonse: "Well then transmute something! You don't have to use my head!"

Edward: "What, you thought I'd still be a runt when I'm eighteen years old?!"

Mustang: "Way to bring your trouble home with you, Fullmetal, really nice."
Edward: "Smart remarks already? Nice patch, by the way, though it should've covered your mouth too."
Alphonse: "Sorry, sir. Ignore him."

Also, out of context it's not as funny, but the way the voice actor (Aaron Dismuke, I think his name is) does the line is so freakin' hilarious:
EPISODE 39
Alphonse: "No... not again! Ew... weird!"
Tombow
@joanneblessing - I'm going to merge this thread to Funniest Moment/Scenes/Quotes in FMA thread.

Also, if you have favorites "coolest" quotes in FMA, you can post that on
Coolest Moments/Scenes/Quotes in FMA thread. biggrin.gif

ETA: Thread merged. smile.gif
Kenji
Ed's suffering from Napoleon Complexion does make the story livelier... Love how he interpreted words like "tiny", "small", "short", "micro"... Hahaha
Raenef_the_fifth
ohmy.gif No one posted this quote!!
Episode 46 'During your last physical exam, you were found to have athletes' foot. We think it's starting to affect your head.' (Riza telling Furey) <-- not exact quote
Twilight Warrior Alchemist
QUOTE(MissAlchemy @ Dec 17 2005, 03:10 PM) [snapback]330635[/snapback]
These are some quotes that are also really funny:

[Hughes and Mustang talking on phone]
Mustang: Hughes, you told me this fifty times. If you have a problem, take it up with your wife.
Hughes: I know but what if she has the baby tommorrow? How will it effect me? Emotionally I mean?
[Hawkeye picks up phone]
Hawkeye: Sorry to interupt, major, but I would like to give some femine advice. BABIES AREN'T BORN AFTER JUST FIVE MONTHS!

And....

[During Ed's birthday party]
Gracia Hughes: Who wants some more birthday tea?
Ed: I would
Al: Please.
[Gracia groans in pain]
Hughes: Gracia! What's wrong?
"It's coming!"
"The tea?"
"The baby!"

*chortles* those are good ones. My favorites are 13, and 37 of course.
But these are a few I also like:

Episode 17:

Ed: Who are you calling small you minature sized hag!

Pinako: you're shorter than you're temper!

Episode 44:

Holienheim: Edward....so, you still don't like to drink milk?

Ed: Who are you calling a microsized halfpint who didn't grow
because he didn't drink his milk?!

Everyone: That's not what he said Edward.

Episode 45:

Commander: There is a tall one and a drawf (reffering to Al and Ed)
The Drawf could be easily overlooked, so search carefully.

Commander: That can't be him, he's the size of an ant! (also reffering to Ed)

Indignant Judgment
I thought in the first episode, when Ed had kicked Al when he was full of sand and got a face full of sand piled on top of him happy.gif

Ed: I don't understand why you keep falling in!!

Al: I get full...

Ed: Full of what?!

Ed kicks all and sand falls all over him

Al: Hehehe
Mind Alchemist
eposide 16 the whole thing baiscally but here are some of my fav moments:

Ed tells Al he can't keep the kitten he found, and Al shoves him and runs away crying "I hate you brother your not even human!!"

When Mustang, Hawkeye and Havoc walk onto the Parade grounds for the assesment, some one in the background shouts "Give me back my girlfriend"

Mustangs mini-skirt speach.

Ed: Al is your stomach purring?
Al: {Anime sweat drops} Yes .... I mean ... you know its still raining outside

also this one form Epi 10
Al: [pulling Ed into doctors office] Come on brother take your jacket of.
Ed: No i'm feeling fine ....
Al: Brother
Ed: No really i'm cured
Al:[still pulling stuggling Ed]
Ed: How can you sell out your own brother Al ... YOUR EVIL!!!
CowAlchemist
Hm... I don't remember the episode number, it was one of the ending ones... but I love this quote from Ed:

{'he' refers to Tucker}

Ed: So he dragged you here and then did this? DAMNIT THERE ARE SO MANY IDIOTS WHOSE ASSES I HAVE TO KICK. I'm gonna have to start carrying a list just to keep track of 'em all.
Amethyst Sunset
Episode 1:
Random guy: What are you, street performers?
Ed (spits out drink): I don't think so, pops! Do we look like clowns to you?

Al: Um, I'm not the Fullmetal Alchemist. He is.
Citizen: Oh, you mean that little shorty there?
Ed (grabs two citizens, swings them around in a circle): Shorty?! Can a shorty do this?! What else do you want to call me: a half-pint-bean-sprout midget?! I'm still growing, you backwater desert idiots!"

Episode 5:
Falman (running to Ed and Al's seats): He (Roy)'s right, there is someone with him (Al). And he IS small.
Ed (suddenly wakes up): WHO'RE YOU CALLING SO SMALL HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK?!

Al: Welcome to the brig! (I love how Aaron says this line.)

Episode 10:
Psiren: Sleep tight, pipsqueak!
Ed: Who are you calling a pipsqueak? I'd be tall too in heels!

Episode 13:
(I'd probably end up quoting more than half the anime. XD)

Ed (mocking Roy): Struck out on the Philosopher's Stone again, huh? How am I supposed to keep funding this goose chase? Money doesn't grow on trees there, chief! Ed, where'd you run off to? Oh, wait, there you are! I couldn't see you there beyond my paperwork, seeing as you're so short and all. Ha ha ha ha ha! *sigh*

Ed: No Al! Now go put it (the cat) back where you found it!
Al (hits Ed so hard that he goes flying): JERK!!! I hate you brother! You're not even human!!! *cries and runs away with the cat*
Ed: Come on, Al! Think of the kitten!!!
Al: I know! I am! I'm the only one who is!!!

Hughes (shows off picture of Elysia): Look, can you believe how big Elysia's gotten? She can even ride a tricycle now! She follows me everywhere on that thing like my own escort of cuteness! *kisses pic*
Ed: Yep, you're the same as ever, Major: nice and insane.

Roy: Dog, huh? *pause* I LOVE DOGS!
Fuery: Really? You mean it?
Roy: OF COURSE! Dogs embody loyalty! They follow their masters' commands above all else! Be a jerk to them and they don't complain and never once beg for a paycheck! Trust me, Fuery, they're the great servants of man! Loyal canine, how we salute thee! Ha ha ha ha ha! (I've seen a video on Youtube of Travis Willingham, dub actor for Roy, reprising this line in a con. Apparently he enjoyed it. XD)

Hughes: In the red corner, the Flame Alchemist and hero of the Eastern Rebellion...Colonel Roy Mustang! Give it up!
*crowd boos Roy*
Audience: You just want a promotion! Give me back my girlfriend!
Hughes: And in the blue corner, the Fullmetal Alchemist and living legend of the people! Let's hear it for Edward Elric!
Audience: What? Where is he? Working gradeschooler is more like it! Good luck, bean sprout!
Ed (loses temper and is restrained by Al): Don't call me small! I'm gonna break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Al: So what's your strategy?
Ed: I told you, a fist in his face!

Hughes: Alchemists get set...*clears throat and runs far, far away* READY, FIGHT!
Ed: What?!
Roy: Too slow. *snaps and creates an explosion*
Ed: Damn it, that was a cheap shot!
Roy: A soldier favors haste over cleverness. That's why there are no cheap shots, Edward. Strike quickly and you'll end it quickly, too.

Roy (loudly): This is hard; he's such a small target!
Ed (pops out of the crowd): WHO ARE YOU CALLING SMALL?!
Roy: If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate, and never fall for an enemy's taunts.

Ed: Without that glove, you can't make flames anymore, can you? *claps, transmutes huge cannon from parade ground* That's advantage: Elric! Hah!
Roy: *pulls out another glove*
Ed: *freaks out as Roy snaps, demolishing the cannon*

Episode 15:
Riza (trips Roy as he tries to fight Scar in the rain): Stubborn man!
Roy: That's not the way to get promoted, Hawkeye!
Riza: Relax, sir, I just saved your life. Your flame attack's no good in the rain.
*Roy is USELESS*
Havoc: She's got a point, Colonel. Wet gloves can't make a spark.

Episode 16:
Armstrong: Creation follows destruction! I'm gonna fix him (broken Al) up nice and pretty!

Roy: I saw you at her (Winry's) house, unconscious with that same stump of an arm you have now, bawling in your sleep, "IT HURTS! I'M GONNA PEE MY PANTS!" So tough.

...I have more, actually. XD And basically any of Ed's short rants count. And any of his arguments with Roy.
joanne45
QUOTE(ed's numbuh 1 fan @ Dec 8 2005, 09:08 PM) *
POMATO!!!!!

i really liked epi 37 laugh.gif i was laughing on every scene!
the journal part was so funny

38 was so cuute Edo and Aru never did change did they ^__~

awww heck the whole seris is funny! why write it down!

laugh.gif

That is one of my favorite episodes...don't forget Fullmetal VS Flame!
Sword Alchemist
The part in episode 44 when Sgt. Denny Brosh gets jealous because of Lt. Maria Ross's crush on Hohenhiem.

MARIA - "Theres nothing to be mad about, I was just having a polite conversation with that man nothing more."

WINRY- "You sure looked like you were enjoying it."

MARIA (blushing)- "Oh....It was just the cologne he was wearing. You never smell anything like it in the military. No soldier I know ever wears cologne."

DENNY - "Maybe the soldiers you know dont want to smell like flowery sissy boys."

MARIA - "And just what is wrong with you anyways?"

DENNY - (starts crying)

I wonder if Denny started wearing cologne after that?
GREEDisGOOD
Another really funny one that came out of nowhere was in the second-to-last episode where Ed had Envy pinned to the ground and was beating the .... out of him.
Envy turns in Mustang - "Come on kid, you don't have what it takes to beat me."

Ed smirks - "I don't think you could have picked an easier target!"

Or in Ep. 13 (maybe) right after Ed and Al get blown apart by Scar, and Al's chewing Ed out.
Then his arm falls off. -silence, they stare at it-
Al - "Oh great! Now my arm's falling off! Today is a terrible day!"
Ethreal
xD

One of the best is episode 33 I think:

*Izumi bursts through door*
Greed: And who are you?
*dramatic pause*
Izumi: PISSED OFF!

and then

Izumi to Al: You're in for a long lecture later so you better get ready!
Al: *tears* I-I'm sorry!

and

*Ed bursts through door*

Ed to Greed: Put her down, and let Al go! (etc.)
Greed in the background: Hey, I have a hostage here. Anyone forgetting that?
Funkyduck
Episode 37. The whole thing made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair! (and a few days later, it broke)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.