Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: End Of The World...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
wolfi1412
<Moving the thread from Open Chat forum to Debate District sub-forum. 03/26/07 ~Tombow>

so, it seems that all of you should know about the so-called End of the World or Christians called "The Second Coming of Christ".. now, just wanna ask, what do you think?

My thoughts:
Mom said it will start when all Jews are back in Israel and when they're done fighting... and then all the 7 plagues will start.. I do believe in this...
Shinigami
I don't believe in the religious end of the world(don't belive in religon period) but i do believe we have about a 70% of nuking the world to hell.
Zander Evens
I'm a partial Christian, and well.. if i go by Revalations (last book in the bible) there are only 2 more things to be finnished before the end. The Bible says the world will go up in flames...

IMO, The orbit of the Earth is gradually getting closer to the sun (proven) and as it gets closer, the rate of decay will increase, and in-turn the world will plumit into the sun (IE: Lake of Fire)

So I do belive this will happen, but I'm glad to say, probably not in my time.
wolfi1412
I never finish reading Revelations, though it's really cool, interesting, and freaky as well..
Carnal Malefactor
I don't know about the biblical interpretation of the apocalypse, but I think there's a very real possibility that this guy will be directly involved. IPB Image
wolfi1412
I think so..
u know if you notice, every time there's always a country that's strong eg:
first, Egypt (a great empire indeed), Greeks(u all know it..), then the Romans(see?), Vikings(or other thing..), Germany(the Nazi stuff), then it's the US(current), and rumors saying that China might be next
omg, it seems that apocalyptic thinking is in thanks to the fact that we kinda are destroying our envirmonment and stuff, but i don't think one should take the relevations so seriously.. it's mostly figurative talk, which can rather only be a warning than a realistic prediction (no one has been ever able to decode it ^^'')

there's no end tot time, things just change through time, in the way people give direction to it.. I don't think God would ever be meddle with us, or judge us, because jugdement is always something subjective, the are no clear rules for what is good or evil.. if WE think de world is bad as it is now, only we can save it (maybe by finally acting like christ, maybe that's what is meant by the second comming of christ.. )

anyways, this are my thoughts rolleyes.gif
MJHermi
For me... I'm a Catholic, but I have an odd and yet simple belief about the end of the world. I believe that the end of the world has come... on the moment you die. And that's it.

That one is in religious terms - i.e. the moment when all of human kind is judged. As for non-religions terms, I believe that the end of the world - or rather, our planet - is actually quite near, no thanks to human greed.
Gash0le
Theories I've heard of what should happen before the End of Time:
- incurable illnesses (we have now AIDS etc.)
- United Nations falls apart
- Third World breaks out (possibly the one involving Bush?)
- one more official appearance of Mary
- planets going out of their orbits

Don't know which are true, but even if these things didn't happen, this planet Earth is already doomed anyway. Forget planets running into each other and the sun exploding and whatnot. There's already the problems with the ozone layer and global warming and pollution and not recycling ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC. And believe me, these things DO kill people and environment. sad.gif
Shinigami
Well China and N korea are a major problem for diffrent reasons. china because they are going to be the next country to have an industry rush because of cheap labour ect which will cause the us industry to go into a deprestion. N korea because they seem set against the west and are currently meddeling in neucular activites.
wolfi1412
well you know, even though if God doesn't want to end this planet, this planet will be gone or doomed anyways, we couldn't figure out how to repair the ozone layer or how to make the environment better, then ppl are evil.. bombing, wars and all the other stuff that you konw, so to me, I guess it's fair to get rid of this world... it's too evil for too long
(í'm the same guest as before in this topic.. maybe i should register or something ^^'')

i'm fine with the world as it is now, and i'm sure it'll be existing for pretty long.. nature, the ozon layer etc. can restore itself, if we just stop polluting.. as to war, there has never been a time that civillians were so hard against it, and had such a strong voice as now (through the media, voting etc.).. I believe this is going to be a fine century, people can learn from their mistakes.. and if not, we'll blow the lot away (I don't believe we're that stupid anymore, but well).. i don't care what comes to pass, it's good as long as it is human kind's choice ...
filimonovna
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 22 2004, 04:41 AM)
I think so..
u know if you notice, every time there's always a country that's strong eg:
first, Egypt (a great empire indeed), Greeks(u all know it..), then the Romans(see?), Vikings(or other thing..), Germany(the Nazi stuff), then it's the US(current), and rumors saying that China might be next

About China - i suppose it's absolutley right! Just have a look at them - five, maybe ten years ago it was a 'closed' poor country, now it's a strong well-developed society, which begins to rule world's politics...

IMHO - i don't believe the end of the world would happen before i die. and my kids too. it seems that somehow we are overcoming bad period. We should go forward and make the world better.
Thievesvinegar
hah. That's cute filimovna, we should make the world better. But after thinking about it, i care more about my self-centered narcisissm than the enviroment, the world, or about anyone/thing else.
gugclo
How many people here are atheist? O.o
wolfi1412
quite a number...

and to filmnova, if they want to repair the environment now, they should stop using as much gas as they do now.. and to let you know, the air isn't getting better...really..

PS: Prinz_Zoist I'm bringing this thread up for you, so it's easier.
Poorunk
Speaking of which has anyone noticed that the Elric brothers tattoo is a symbol of a cross with a question mark behind it?
filimonovna
QUOTE(Poorunk @ Sep 26 2004, 07:35 AM)
Speaking of which has anyone noticed that the Elric brothers tattoo is a symbol of a cross with a question mark behind it?

It's not question, it's a snake actually ^__^ ANd this is called 'Flamel sign', the symbol of alchemy
Vael
mmm... I'm thinking the end of the world itself will be natural, e.g: the world combusting, being thrown into the sun, et cetera.

The end of humanity, however, will be its own doing.
Prinz_Zoisit
today i read the Revelation in the Bible... it is sooo.........-.- i don't know what to say... soo phantastic but terrible, too, if you imagine that it would happen!!....

i would cry if i could if all these things shall happen....

i am somebody who doesn't 100%(i mean 100%) believe in the Bible(Jesus)... and i cannot believe that somebody like me[or my friend who doesn't believe](i am so a friendly person and i love life, and i know that money is almost nothing in life to me) shall be condemmned and shall suffer at the end...
wolfi1412
from what I know, God doesn't want us to suffer in Hell, but He has no choice, coz God is like The Ultra Holy and if we're sinners, we can't get too close to God. Do you know during The Old Testaments we can't get into the Holliest place in the temple, unless you're Holy enough, or you die!
Carnal Malefactor
12/22/2012

Mark your calendars, folks.
wolfi1412
? what's that?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Sep 27 2004, 05:00 AM)
? what's that?

www.google.com
wolfi1412
the date is google.com???
that date is the end of time according to some profesors who studied a maya calendar XD

some say planet nibiru will pass en cause catastrophes, others think about a alien invasion or some holy energy that will sweep the earth clean rolleyes.gif (talking about science fiction)

John's apocalyps really sounds like a hoax to me.. he talks in the same way as a pseudo scientist who predicted that three comets will hit earth this year in July rolleyes.gif

I myself am not an atheist.. I believe in Jesus an God, but not in a way that they are good and we are bad.. that's something humans made up... if Jesus is the alfa and omega -everything- then we would just be a part of him, and if he would ever make us suffer, he would make himself suffer... now, i really don't think Jesus is a masochist, so I have to conclude that people made things up about him and God which simply aren't true...
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 27 2004, 10:27 AM)
if Jesus is the alfa and omega -everything- then we would just be a part of him, and if he would ever make us suffer, he would make himself suffer... now, i really don't think Jesus is a masochist, so I have to conclude that people made things up about him and God which simply aren't true...

Alpha and Omega are just the first and the last letter of the alphabet... that means he is not everything...he only creates(time/universe/life) and destroys(time/universe/life), but doesn't actually interfere between that time....->that's why there are wars(after the christian view)...

yea, to think that God won't kill ppl whose believings aren't full 100%, i hope that it will be like that...
and my friends also got this kind of view...
Chibi Viki
i don't really believe in the end of the world... except for that meteor that's supposed to hit the planet in 2024...

but most beliefs are just paranoia. i remember 1999 when everyone kept saying the world will end in year 2000... well, it's 2004 and we're all still here... then the meteor thing was supposed to happen in 2001 or so... again, we're still here.

so far, the only end of the world that i believe in is the meteor thing.
wolfi1412
Well, no one exactly know when is it...

to your information, Alpha and Omega is the Greek alphabet..
Gashole
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 27 2004, 09:27 AM)
that date is the end of time according to some profesors who studied a maya calendar XD

In my opinion that date is BS. I'm sorry, but no one is supposed to be predicting the end of the world cause only God knows.

Hey, what about June 6 2006? (06/06/06, get it? laugh.gif )
filimonovna
Oh, I hardly believe in christian Apocalypse, it's more likely to be a catastrophe of some sort... And it's really unlikely to happen on certain day like 12/22/2012 or 6/6/06
Outtawack311
Believing that the "second coming" will come when all jews are back in the holy land and the fighting stops is pretty retarded. First of all, the bible is not truth. Its stories written to give people a way to live (watch penn and teller Bullshit, its a show they have an episode explaining everything you would want to know about the bible). If you believe in god and the teaching how can you believe in the bible? It was written 500 years after anything supposedly happened. Then they left books out of the bible(that are still sanctioned by the church). The bible was assembled by a commitee who picked from hundreds of books submitted to them about the myth, they picked certain books by what went together the best and the rest of the books are off somewhere. Then comes another thing, there were thousands of "messiahs" back in that day and they all had pretty big followings too. To believe that the end of the world is predicted in the stories of men (who are fallible, even in the bible) is kinda stupid. What really bugs me are the people who pick and choose what is fact and what is a metaphor for something else.

Also, if the point of life is to worship god to the point where you dont have much free choice and if you screw up a little and die your tortured for eternity....then please, kill me and let me be tortured. I dont want to be with a god that creates people so most can be tortured in a never ending pit of fire.
Religion is a crutch people have used for centuries to show some meaning for life. Thats nice and all for people that need it, but it should be used as a guide to live. Religions teach good values, but when anyone gets caught up in the extremities of religion they turn on their fellow man and that goes against the teachings. Yes, even christians, when you turn the other cheek on people for their beliefs like gays, jews, abortionists, etc it goes against the principles of religion.
Lets see, what else can I rant on. There is no proof that the o-zone is deteriorating and there is no proof global warming exists either. The temperature jump is in direct line with what has happened in the past. There is no deviation from the patterns set. Global warming and the o-zone deterioration are just theories.

I personally believe in the theory that the universe starts with a chemical reaction, a "big bang" the universe expands then retracts again. Then it repeats. This process would take an unfathomable amount of time. Humans wont live that long either, we will most likely kill ourselves through some massive war or some scientific screw up and condemn our species. Either that or a meteor will kill us all. I dont think any of this will happen in our life time.

To be caught up in any of this as to allow it to negatively affect your life is stupid. You shouldn't worry about the innevitable, just make the best out of life.
I am jewish in a sense, I respect the religion, but I dont allow it to control me. I take the morals out of it and thats it. The rest of the old testament (or the whole bible for that matter) is all fictional stories to help you get the most out of life.

Rant...done..
wolfi1412
QUOTE(Outtawack311 @ Sep 29 2004, 07:00 AM)
Believing that the "second coming" will come when all jews are back in the holy land and the fighting stops is pretty retarded. First of all, the bible is not truth. Its stories written to give people a way to live (watch penn and teller Bullshit, its a show they have an episode explaining everything you would want to know about the bible). If you believe in god and the teaching how can you believe in the bible? It was written 500 years after anything supposedly happened. Then they left books out of the bible(that are still sanctioned by the church). The bible was assembled by a commitee who picked from hundreds of books submitted to them about the myth, they picked certain books by what went together the best and the rest of the books are off somewhere. Then comes another thing, there were thousands of "messiahs" back in that day and they all had pretty big followings too. To believe that the end of the world is predicted in the stories of men (who are fallible, even in the bible) is kinda stupid. What really bugs me are the people who pick and choose what is fact and what is a metaphor for something else.

Also, if the point of life is to worship god to the point where you dont have much free choice and if you screw up a little and die your tortured for eternity....then please, kill me and let me be tortured. I dont want to be with a god that creates people so most can be tortured in a never ending pit of fire.
Religion is a crutch people have used for centuries to show some meaning for life. Thats nice and all for people that need it, but it should be used as a guide to live. Religions teach good values, but when anyone gets caught up in the extremities of religion they turn on their fellow man and that goes against the teachings. Yes, even christians, when you turn the other cheek on people for their beliefs like gays, jews, abortionists, etc it goes against the principles of religion.
Lets see, what else can I rant on. There is no proof that the o-zone is deteriorating and there is no proof global warming exists either. The temperature jump is in direct line with what has happened in the past. There is no deviation from the patterns set. Global warming and the o-zone deterioration are just theories. 

I personally believe in the theory that the universe starts with a chemical reaction, a "big bang" the universe expands then retracts again. Then it repeats. This process would take an unfathomable amount of time.  Humans wont live that long either, we will most likely kill ourselves through some massive war or some scientific screw up and condemn our species. Either that or a meteor will kill us all. I dont think any of this will happen in our life time.

To be caught up in any of this as to allow it to negatively affect your life is stupid. You shouldn't worry about the innevitable, just make the best out of life.
I am jewish in a sense, I respect the religion, but I dont allow it to control me. I take the morals out of it and thats it. The rest of the old testament (or the whole bible for that matter) is all fictional stories to help you get the most out of life.

Rant...done..

first thing to say, please consider about other people's feelings and beliefs, as a Christian myself, I felt a little bit offended by what you said, maybe you should add like "I think.. " instead of jumping and just points out everything...

A thing that surprises me: you're a Jew, so are you going back to Israel? do you believe that God exists? if God doesn't exists, what creates all things in the first place?

And all kinds of stuff you were saying about the old testament, some of them are found the proof... like the ruins of wheels from Egyptian chariots in the Red Sea. or Noah's Ark.. you can see all the proof, even though it's not yet confirmed, but to me, the Bible's pretty accurate.

Believing or committing into a religion can be a good thing too, I'm studying about the Vikings age, and do you know that one of the things that stopped them from become 'barbarians' again is that they commit to Christianity, so don't think it as bad as what I read what you type/wrote.

And I disagree about when you make a little mistake and you go straight to hell, coz actually if you just ask for forgiveness to God with all your heart and with all your soul, all your sins are forgiven, it is written there! Coz, as you should know, that God is a forgiving God, why do you think He sent Jesus? Would you want to die for someone you doesn't know and he/she is a criminal that doesn't even deserve to live and you're 100% innocent??!?! God did everything out of love, and if you're wondering why.. coz God is love..

I think I have nothing else to say.. so .. been away for 1-2 days..
Chibi Viki
ok people... this topic is slowly becoming a war, so before it gets out of hand (and gets ugly) please... cool down... we are all people here.

please be mindful about your posts because other people may be offended... ok? ok...
filimonovna
I also think we shouldn't argue.
And i just want to remind everyone, that they should respect each other. otherwise, it will turn into something...unpropriate.
rsF
No offense to anyone religious, but I don't believe it. If truely our end is coming, than it is brought upon by ourselves. It's our fault, and we have to deal with the consequences, however bad they might be. Our fault we use so many resources, kill each other, and basically screw up our home.

The end of the world? Sweet...i'll see you on the other side!
-Anonymous
there's a great difference between argue and discussion..
in a argue, you attack a person with insulting words, in a discussion, you attack only the idea that is presented, using arguments.. wink.gif

okay, first off, I agree pretty much with Outtawack311
the bible isn't perfect, it is a selected part of texts, of which some are quite accurate and others are less trustable.. I don't think that much is just thought up, but always more or less connected to facts.. people like Noah, Moses, Jesus, I think it were really existing persons who had a great influence on people's believes.. it is really hard to just bring a myth with people who had so much wisdom.. so here is a medium to find truth: are the things that happen and people really humanly and realistic, and (very important) can you find truth and wisdom that you can apply to your life?

now, religion was in the beginning always a good thing, something to remeber people of their universal bond and responsibility through God.. if you just take the 10 commandements and the 11th of Jesus (love anyone as you would love yourself), then the world would be a great place... but what did religions do when they got more power? they needed to keep their power, and the best way tot do it is by fear.. fear that God will punish you if you don't follow his commandements!! so, I have to live the way of God out of fear, not out of love? the problem is, there is no good nor evil, everything (God) simply Is (can there be anything outside God??).. God can give you advise how to make your live more humane and pleasurable.. he can send you messengers, and messenges, and you might just ignore that or even crusify a messenger because it sounds too good (blasfemy)

now, God will not punish, EVER, because God is love.. he would not demand anything, and will just wait until someone asks him questions about how to live well, and depending on what someone needs at the moment, he will send again advise.. he can't get angry, because he's a good, patient and conent father.. Jesus was a good adviser, a good example, and just living and being yourself in such a great way as He did, is everything you need to let go of your own judgement.. you need no God to forgive you, just forgive yourself, because you are one with God, just like Jesus, or any other human to ever have walked on earth..

there's nothing but God, God Is, he's everything, and is still becoming himself through us, through nature, since beginning of time, untill the end, and then again, because there's no end to Her/It/Him/All
RoyxRiza BigFan
actually if any human trys to predict the end of the world date and time exactly will get it wrong, its merely a human error. God is after all GOD..and human is human.(ok ok, i was a little bit sharp there, i mean since the bible said God is ominpotent as written so i just intepreted as what a christian would believe )

but it has some cool verses like the how all things work for the greater good.
Prinz_Zoisit
@Wolfie:
[quote] first thing to say, please consider about other people's feelings and beliefs, as a Christian myself, I felt a little bit offended by what you said, maybe you should add like "I think.. " instead of jumping and just points out everything...[/quote]
...don't feel hurt... you have to become stronger in your views of life, don't show fear, wolfie!!^^
...for me, i love it to discuss... and i never feel hurt by the views of another human...

@Outtawack311:
[quote]Religions teach good values, but when anyone gets caught up in the extremities of religion they turn on their fellow man and that goes against the teachings[/quote]
..."fellow man"?... who do you mean?---

[quote]And all kinds of stuff you were saying about the old testament, some of them are found the proof... like the ruins of wheels from Egyptian chariots in the Red Sea. or Noah's Ark.. you can see all the proof, even though it's not yet confirmed, but to me, the Bible's pretty accurate.[/quote]
...i am very bad at talking and discussing about things where there is proof or what isn't true, relating to Christian things-.-...

[quote]Yes, even christians, when you turn the other cheek on people for their beliefs like gays, jews, abortionists, etc it goes against the principles of religion.[/quote]
...yes, it goes against the principles(i'm Christian, but i also got a tendency to things that are strictly against the christian view)...

[quote]Also, if the point of life is to worship god to the point where you dont have much free choice and if you screw up a little and die your tortured for eternity....then please, kill me and let me be tortured[/quote]
I can't imagine that, too... it would be just crazy. Did we have the choice(before we were born) to live this(cruel/wonderful) life?!

[quote]There is no proof that the o-zone is deteriorating and there is no proof global warming exists either.
[/quote]
...you forgot about the theory that the Americans never reached the moon, puh...

[quote]I am jewish in a sense, I respect the religion, but I dont allow it to control me. I take the morals out of it and thats it. The rest of the old testament (or the whole bible for that matter) is all fictional stories to help you get the most out of life.[/quote]
why don't you believe in the constitutional law in your land? That would be the same effect...

@Guest:

[quote]God can give you advise how to make your live more humane and pleasurable..[/quote]
...your constitutional law can give it to you, too...

[quote]he can't get angry, because he's a good, patient and conent father..[/quote]
...there are several things that happened to humans where God showed his anger! God shall be feared(a little bit)...*sigh... <-i love this somehow...

[quote]he can't get angry, because he's a good, patient and conent father..[/quote]
actually this statement is the opinion of someone else(and i actually don't reply to opinions like these), but i have to say, i personally believe that GOd can tear the connection between him and a person!...

[quote]you need no God to forgive you, just forgive yourself, because you are one with God, just like Jesus, or any other human to ever have walked on earth..[/quote]
somebody said....."I(human) am only the smallest thing on Earth!"

[quote]you need no God to forgive you, just forgive yourself, because you are one with God, just like Jesus, or any other human to ever have walked on earth..
[/quote]
you do need GOd to forgive yourself if you believe or else you would make yourself a God and that is corrupt!

[quote]there's nothing but God, God Is, he's everything, and is still becoming himself through us, through nature, since beginning of time, untill the end, and then again, because there's no end to Her/It/Him/All[/quote]
BAH! GOD ISN'T A SHE, NOR AN IT!!! HE IS, WAS AND WILL BE MALE!!!!!! don't mix up(or add something to the bible which actually wasn't meant!) only in order to be more tolerant!!
(That's the biggest mistake that newer Bible-translation make...)
lol, God is a he? I wonder if he sometimes would fall in love with a human woman and do would like to do the same thing as Zeus rolleyes.gif

constitution is an outflow of human's will for freedom, and freedom is a gift from God, and God's nature.. now, we don't have to name God with it, as long as we concentrate at the things that are good for us, that means humane (in the sense of all of us, not just yourself!! giving freedom means gaining freedom! taking freedom means losing freedom)

now, if God really can be angry and punishes, that means that 1. he doesn't respect the right of freedom 2. he's a tiran 3. he is emotionally imbalanced... I think we should start a revolt and kick him from his throne so we can install an heavanly constitution for real freedom! as in heaven, so on earth! (but since I still believe in a other kind of God, I do not believe he really punishes us.. if he would do, he would commiting a deadly sin: wrath! 'thou shall not kill' 'love your enemies', God would be contradicting himself! THAT is corrupt!!)

let's say again that God is the total of all things, the Absolute Being... even the smallest part of an atom may be very small and playing his own small role, but is is his role, and he isn't worth less than holy persons.. in fact, all life is even holy, since it all came from God, and it all was perfect... God doesn't make mistakes, so he doens't need to 'correct' mistakes by destruction or punishment.. neither can he deny a part of Himself, that means, he can't even break the relation with a very small atom.. an atom is a small part of God, and so am I.. some parts of God can have a grudge against me, kill me in this body and life (the soul never dies, it is your real 'me') and call it wrath of God, but as long as I can forgive myself, I'm happy and no one can hurt me.. I'm not worse, and not better than God, not mightier, not weaker.. I play my own small part, I Am...

up till now, God never abandoned me.. I always got what I asked for, he never judged me or punished me, I can be whatever I want to be, and since God never stopted me, I guess this is what he really wants from us: choose your own way and become want you want to be... I'm always around you, and give you the bread of Life that you ask..
Girlie Alchemist
@.@ so many lines @.@ tooke me long to read
Prinz_Zoisit
@Guest:

GOd loves his work(humanity, etc) as its whole...
it's not necessary for him to "love such simple way of love" as we humans do...
speaking as a christian: is it by accident that he chose a male-body-form for his only son Jesus?!
...you are very smart and you are presenting arguments logically... i like that way you're talking...(but you surely know it already), while i am discussing mainly with my feelings and aesthetic instincts(logic: second place)...
...i don't think that what we humans did(constitutional global laws) is actually what GOd wants(it is "imperfect", but the most tolerant)... like gay-marriages for example, etc...
Freedom would exist, too(after global constitution), if nobody would talk to each other... and i don't think that this is right!...
you're reaching the level where you force me to talk about my views, which i usually don't present so easily:
...of course everything plays its role, but GOd made a hierarchy(between ppl and animals for example)...
mathematically, a "small part of God(who is infinite)" would be equal to an "atom with (i.e. one fourth of infinite=infinite) infinite knowledge, power, etc" would be equal to "me(who would be infinite)"...
...do you want to say that we all are perfect?
there IS evil in this world i believe, and this can't belong to God...

...yes, "global levels/degrees" actually are "only" "global levels/degrees"...
...the bread of life... shall be hope... yes, hope is the only hope...
wolfi1412
Guest, that was a long post.. I'll try to reply ..

First of all, don't make Zeus and God the same, their characteristics are totally different. Zeus is a player or a cheater.. that doesn't make a role model, but God is totally different.. and you said that God is emotionally imbalanced coz He gets angry and punish people.. I say, try top put yourself in God's position, then you'll see..the reasons why He gets angry, to me, the reason is because us, foolish and selfish human beings, (which is us.. including me) just drives him crazy with all the evilness that we did to this planet. Name one time that God gets angry without any human involves in it...

up till now, God never abandoned me.. I always got what I asked for, he never judged me or punished me, I can be whatever I want to be, and since God never stopted me, I guess this is what he really wants from us: choose your own way and become want you want to be... I'm always around you, and give you the bread of Life that you ask..

you're right that God never abandons you.. and some peole say that God abandoned them, which is for me I think is BS, coz the one that's being abandon is not us, but God Himself...God can be said is just like the Mother Chicken who's trying to gather all the chicks under her wings so whenever trouble comes, she can protects them... (I'm using a parable here)

Truly, Religion never causes war, if you think it logically, basically all religion that's well-known (Christianity, Buddhism, Muslim, etc.) teaches about bringing Peace to the world, so, do you think it's silly to bring up religion as a reason to have war? the reason for wars is because of Greed.. we want what other country have.. or Jealousy is one of the reasons.

is that all? too many words.. can't read.. 'em...all..
Evafan1
Well Ive researchd alot of different religions and they all come to one same conclusion
They all belive In One Omnipitent god,granted Hinduism is sorta awkward with this seeing as they have Shiva,Brahma, Vishnu. But those three make up the one holy lord.

But in most of my knowledge of other religions what Im about to say may sound self-absorbed or just plain wrong and if someone takes offense please do not think ill of me.

The End of the world could happen at any moment but know matter how I lived my life Im happy knowing I have Great Friends,family,job,Food,housing,(cable modem lol)
This is all that matters to me when it comes to however the World ends.
waii ^^ I didn't have such a good discussion in a time...

it was a good idea for Jesus to pick a male body, beacause he lived in times that men were more respected as a leader or rabbi than women (actually, if a woman even tried, I think she would have problems pretty fast o_0).. now, the thought that God is a He came out of a patriarchal society.. other older tribes had a Godess as the one God (which was most often the mother Godess of creation).. if there was an matriarchal society now, and Christ would come again, than this time he would rather take an female body.. (or take a male body to go on jihaad and prove the superiority of males tongue.gif )

well, our world of rights, politics, economics etc. still isn't right, because it doesn't serve all humanity (and nature) in the best way... the best way is that you know how tot take care and responsibility for yourself and others around you.. that's what Jesus did, he took all of his life, and ALL life that exists on his shoulders.. we can do that too, if we want to follow him, we must take 'our own cross'.. Jesus was great because he gave all of himslef to the world, without losing anything (dignity, life).. knowing that your life is not limited to your own survival and pleasure, but has influence and a strong bond with all life, all the time, makes you that can give (and so become) all that you have (and are) to the world, without feeling fear or the feeling of being limited... in that way Jesus WAS God, unlimited, allmighty and allpresent... but he was not the only one who ever got that far,buddha for exemple came to this state of spirit too (enlightenment).. all people can do that, a lot of simple humans ('saints') proved us!!

now, someone that has all sins and all good in himself (that IS Jesus' sacrifice and glory), can't kill or destroy the sins (he would admit he isn't perfect), but rather than that, he can turn that what was a sin (what made humans suffer, not because it was a punishment of God, but a natural outflow of universal laws) into something human-worthy, so that one can accept it and forgive himself and others.. Jesus is within every person (the Allpresent), so the moment you feel he has forgiven you, you really have forgiven yourself, because he lets you live your own way (otherwise he would be limiting himself).. if there really is something God doesn't like, he shouldn't have created it in the first place!! there are things HUMANS call evil, but exepting that it is something we can change ourselves, and that it is a part of God, so it must have a perfect meaning and place in the whole hierarchy, we can forgive and love it, and give ourselves salvation by making something better out of it.. only by living through life in al its degrees, we can get to know life, exept life, love life, and become life (now, use instead of 'life' 'Jesus', or 'God', or 'Tao', or whatever you like)

'Im am the Truth, the Path and Life' not just the nice, sunny and good part of it, but also the painful and dark side, because without gradations, you can't tell good from bad.. God has to be less than he is in order to know his full potential, and so even the worst things are holy (the crusifiction for example! or holocaust) because that defines for us what is more godly (or humanly/naturally), and what is less.. we aren't bad, we are just a lot less than what we can be in full potential...
filimonovna
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 29 2004, 07:01 PM)
lol, God is a he? I wonder if he sometimes would fall in love with a human woman and do would like to do the same thing as Zeus  rolleyes.gif

This is somehow insulting...
God have never fallen in love with human woman, beacause he is GOD! He is creator! He is ruler! He doesn't have any feeling to us except for sorrow (if we do something wrong) or joy (if we do something right).
Cute Alchemist
what u lot talking about any way? lol
well, I can't insult God, but I can make people feel insulted... but that's not what I want.. what I mean is, who says God is a He? by which rules does he rule? that of christianiy, islam, judaism, buddhism, hinduism, bahaísm, taoism or confucianism?

if he only feels sorrow, then why can't the Almighty create happiness?
filimonovna
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 30 2004, 05:12 PM)
well, I can't insult God, but I can make people feel insulted... but that's not what I want.. what I mean is, who says God is a He? by which rules does he rule? that of christianiy, islam, judaism, buddhism, hinduism, bahaísm, taoism or confucianism?

if he only feels sorrow, then why can't the Almighty create happiness?

1. Orthodox religion (I'm an orthodox) says that God is one in three: God the father, God the son and God the saint spirit. All of them are male, as you can see.
2. God can't create happyness, because we have to do it by ourselves. If he forces us to be happy, then there's no pint in having our own will. If we're doing smth wrong, it's only our own fault. If we didn't notice you've gone a wrong path, it's our fault. We have to walk forward, untill we understand our mistakes and overcome them.
okay, but I still don't know which religion is the right one, who tells the truth.. please tell me, i want to know!!

I never saw God, so I can't tell which gender he is 0__o oh, I'm so unknowing! cruelness of heavens!!

okay, if we do something that makes us happy (like feasting and drinking a lot, having much sex etc.), would he not be happy for us? or is he the one that has to be saved to be happy? or maybe he'll always have to be sunk in his sorrow (I would pity such a fate for God)

but it's true that we live to learn, overcome and grow.. God installed natural laws so that the world is clear, logical, and we can use thos laws to create our world.. we're the creation of 'God the father', we're the 'Son', and the 'Holy Spirit' is the domain of all knowledge and wisdom, which helps us to grow... and this all applies to a law that we have lately learned: evolution...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.