Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread For Anyone Who Hates Ed X Roy! Edxroy Fans, Kindly Please Keep Away From This Thread. :) Also, This Is Not Anti-yaoi Thread.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Reika
ETA: Aug. 30, 2009
REMINDER..AGAIN:

This thread is where anti-EdxRoy FMA fans to safely express their disliking of EdxRoy paring without getting interrupted by RoyxEd fans.

HOWEVER, this thread is NOT, I repeat, NOT an anti-yaoi thread.
There are people who dislike EdxRoy paring but not necessarily anti-yaoi.
Please DO NOT use this thread to spew out your dislike of yaoi in general, or use it as a platform for your anti-yaoi crusade.
If you would like to discuss your dislike of yaoi, please go to an appropriate thread for anti-yaoi discussion and post your anti-yaoi opinion there.

REMINDER about this thread:

We appreciate your opinions and comments. Please keep in mind that this thread is NOT a "DEBATE" thread where BOTH SIDES ("pro" and "con") would freely post and debate the issue. This thread is set aside as a "safe haven" thread for people who hate EdXRoy pairing to safely express how they feel without getting interrupted, heckled, etc., from EdxRoy fans..
As such, we ask EdXRoy fans to kindly stay away from this thread, and to anti-EdxRoy fans we ask you to stay away from going deeply into "why Yaoi fans go into Yaoi" kind of analysis and discussions, or posting any bashing and trashing of EdxRoy "shippers" because IMO that is not fair when only one side is being allowed to post on this thread. If you'd like to branch off and add comments & have more serious discussions about Yaoi, Fangirlism, etc., etc., please post your comments and thoughts on threads that are designed to handle discussions for these topics. Thank you!! smile.gif

Special Reminder to Anti-Yaoi people: Please do NOT use this thread as a platform for your anti-Yaoi crusade. If you would like to discuss anti-Yaoi, then please add your post and discuss that on What & Why do you hate about Yaoi? thread. smile.gif

~ Reminders by Tombow

===============

1.-It's not an official pairing and there's no prove, neither in the series nor in the manga that you could say "yes! they are in love!" or "Yes! I can feel their desire like flames!!" nor anything like that. In fact, I think that there's more possibility to Ed/Al (Although I really dislike this pairing) than Roy/Ed (see the episodes of the anime where Al says "I want to feel your warmth again" and such XD), and still, I don't think they are in love (more than brothers love)

2.-Roy is 29 at the end of the anime, and Ed's 16, that means that their age difference is of "13" years. Besides, since Ed's under 18, that would make Roy a pedophile (or however you spell that), and that disturbs me.

3.-Everytime I see a pic or even read a fic of RoyXEd (Yeah, I was curious so I read a couple of fics because I wanted to know how you pictured these characters and what did you find so exciting about it ^^) and I see them always more femenine than they are, specially Ed. I find them too out of character ^^U

4.-I don't like yaoi. But even so, I wouldn't have any problem admiting they really mean to be together if it was shown at least in the manga.

5.-The way I see them, and the way I think they are, and the way they act, and all, keep me from being able to imagine them as a couple or confessing their love etc. Sorry, I just can't imagine it ^^U it's too strange XD For me their personalities are too far from making this couple true ^^U

I hope no-one tries to flame at me after these, these are just my reasons for not supporting this couple. But I'm really curious about why do you find it so exciting, so I would like to know why do you like it ^^ Anyone that is willing to tell me their reasons?
Dai
I agree 100% with Reika.

I have nothing against yaoi, but I hate when people pairs characters with no reason at all, not even a trace in any canon form (Novels, manga or anime)
Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor

WHY does everybody love the EDXROY pairing??!!! I think its DISTURBING!!!! Why would Ed like Roy anyway? I mean, I know everyone loves Ed and Roy, but them together??!!! EWW
GaluxKitty
=/ I would have given an intelligent reply to this had it not been so prejudiced.

Sit back and watch the flames roll in, hon...
mei_tenshi
I'm sorry, but I can't help but snicker chuckle at the "NORMAL" part... yeah, good luck finding "NORMAL" people here (or anywhere, for that matter). happy.gif

Since I'm not too keen on the EdxRoy pairing anyhow, I'll just follow GaluxKitty and wait for other responses.

Hehe..."normal"... rolleyes.gif
Molecular Alchemist
normal response, huh? Ummm...I'm really not a fan of the EdxRoy thing...but...uhh....to each his own.....personally, i see Ed as someone who would stay single anyway. rolleyes.gif
Ed = HOT
Roy = HOT

Ed + Roy = HOT + HOT
= 2 HOT
= TOO HOT

You're right, the equation doesn't come out right. huh.gif

IPB Image
Ladymercury
Hmm, I'll let the RoyxEd fans enjoy their fandom. Personally, I find the pedophiliac-tic relationship disturbing, but its anime and that's common EVERYWHERE (If I was forced to pick between a RoyxEd and a RoyxHughes fanfic, I would pick RoyxHughes before ever reading a RoyxEd... just because the age difference). So no use making a post about how much it sucks and how disturbing it is.

That's why I'll be reading my Royai fics and leaving the EdxRoy fans alone to read their Royed (is that it?) fics. smile.gif

Another thing is that Roy is as old enough to be my older cousin and second cousin, and I find that even MORE disturbing.

More edits tongue.gif

But, you gotta look at through the eyes of a yaoi fangirl, two 'hot' guys together making out equals sexy beyond sexiness. So yeah. Why pair up Roy with Hughes or better yet, Armstrong, when you have a sweet girlish looking Fullmetal Alchemist in front of your desk?
ed's numbuh 1 fan
ahhh yes the most if not more popular then EnvyxEdo pairing is most disturbing indeed ph34r.gif i'm not a yaoi lover myself i think it's disgusting sad.gif

what's scary is if you go on fanfiction.nt and go down the list of that pairing there is 17 whole pages of RoyXEdo sleep.gif it's scary
Ladymercury
Well, if you narrow the search down to M rated fics (:3 yes i'm that lame) 98% of them are RoyxEd.
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 03:43 PM) [snapback]307051[/snapback]

Well, if you narrow the search down to M rated fics (:3 yes i'm that lame) 98% of them are RoyxEd.

XD That's because Royai fans are elitist. I've met few people who post Royai works outside of LJ or their own site.
Automne
Oooh, the comments in the first post are so intelligent and... it reminds me of the gallery before Bacon, Mini and Celes of course... ohmy.gif
No, I'll not flame, I'll stay calm.
My little Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor, You maybe don't like this pairing and don't understand why people like it, don't worry, you're not alone, I, too, sometimes wonder why some people like this or that pairing but it's like this, some people like EdXRoy (And with the movie it even got worse, I'll not say why so I won't spoil anyone) or EdXAl like some people like EdWin or Royai or even EdRose! Well, what can you do about it? Some EdXRoy fans like it because of reasons that have already been said and some like it because of much better reasons. You just have to read fanfics, some are bad, others are good and even excellent!
So, don't worry and stop asking yourself questions like this, because there are a lot of very disturbing pairings in the Hagaren fandom you don't even know about.
Ladymercury
QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 31 2005, 02:59 AM) [snapback]307120[/snapback]

QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 03:43 PM) [snapback]307051[/snapback]

XD That's because Royai fans are elitist. I've met few people who post Royai works outside of LJ or their own site.

Yes, thank the heavens for lj xD

(but thinking on the issue on a different level, post-movie fics I guess work since Ed is of age... kinda.. still is wrong... Roy is supposed to emo around with Riza not Ed XP)
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Oct 31 2005, 10:38 PM) [snapback]307150[/snapback]

(but thinking on the issue on a different level, post-movie fics I guess work since Ed is of age... kinda.. still is wrong... Roy is supposed to emo around with Riza not Ed XP)

[spoiler]Pretty much all Ed pairing except Ed/Al and Noa/Ed got cancelled out after the movie after they shut the Gate.... and while people bitch about Royai getting no closure, perhaps their closure was simply getting back into their normal routine. happy.gif It doesn't really matter which pairing you support, because there will always be opposition, but you just have to make sure you enjoy yourself with it, I think.[/spoiler]
Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor
Okay, I am going to chill and "let the flames roll". Good point about finding anyone normal here. I STILL don't like it but. oh well, what can you do? But I did see some VERY disturbing EdXAl! EWW is all I will say on that matter.
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor @ Nov 1 2005, 10:58 AM) [snapback]307469[/snapback]

Okay, I am going to chill and "let the flames roll". Good point about finding anyone normal here. I STILL don't like it but. oh well, what can you do? But I did see some VERY disturbing EdXAl! EWW is all I will say on that matter.

blink.gif And like we said, people are permitted to like whatever pairing they want.
Ladymercury
On the topic of EdxAl, I wish people would clarify, when they write their Elricest fics that its either young... brother... or Alter!Al.

There's a difference. Big.
NoUse
ph34r.gif Okay. First of all, i MUST agree with Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor. Who in their right minds would like ANYTHING as EdxRoy..??.
Second, it may be worth to notice that even I, who am not in my right mind, still find it disgusting. Even more so when you're talking about EdxAl. (Unless there's a girl by that nickname, which so far I don't think is the case.)
(Man on man. ohmy.gif AND Borthers???? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif OMG...)
You've got to admit it, it's at LEAST a little grose. wacko.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(NoUse @ Nov 1 2005, 07:53 PM) [snapback]307895[/snapback]

ph34r.gif Okay. First of all, i MUST agree with Flame_Alchemist_Obsessor. Who in their right minds would like ANYTHING as EdxRoy..??.
Second, it may be worth to notice that even I, who am not in my right mind, still find it disgusting. Even more so when you're talking about EdxAl. (Unless there's a girl by that nickname, which so far I don't think is the case.)
(Man on man. ohmy.gif AND Borthers???? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif OMG...)
You've got to admit it, it's at LEAST a little grose. wacko.gif

very... Roy and Envy pairings are gross enough but Elricest...is just plain scary ><
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(ed @ Nov 1 2005, 08:12 PM) [snapback]308050[/snapback]

very... Roy and Envy pairings are gross enough but Elricest...is just plain scary ><

What you think is gross or wrong might seem different to others. Everyone has their own opinion, and people should repsect that. (I do support EdxRoy along with EnvyxEd, but thats just me)

I mean (most) people who do like that pairing don't say "Ew, EdXWin?! Gross ><" so why do you say that about Royed?
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Nov 2 2005, 02:20 PM) [snapback]308055[/snapback]

I mean (most) people who do like that pairing don't say "Ew, EdXWin?! Gross ><" so why do you say that about Royed?

One would assume that it's the usual aversion to yaoi/incest et cetera that comes with being a new fan. *shrug* Took me a while to like yaoi in my fandoms and I will admit I'm not a great fan of Roy/Ed although I DO love my Elricest..., but I never did anything... dare I say... like this to make my point? ^^;
blackrider76
its a persons opinion, what may seem gross and wrong and un-understandable to you may seem normal for someone else. heck, some people may think hetrosexuals are scary.
Fullmetal Fangirl
QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 31 2005, 02:05 PM) [snapback]306914[/snapback]

Ed = HOT
Roy = HOT

Ed + Roy = HOT + HOT
= 2 HOT
= TOO HOT

You're right, the equation doesn't come out right. huh.gif

IPB Image

Ok...no.

Heres the poop:

Couples aint just about SEX!! Think abt...what you just said...is scary:

Roy = HOT
Ed = HOT...well actually...I HATE Ed..in my eyes, he aint hott...hes just a kid who's there.

HOT + HOT = 2 HOTness!

...no...life is not a maths exersice book...

Like I said...couples and life...just aint about the smex. Com on people. RoyEd fans have to think about something else. Sure ok, its what people DO! Ok, ill take that. But basically. All Im hearing (I hope its not just me...) from EdRoy fans is. NC 17+ rated fics that go for 5875098356709 chapters long! Besides. It doesnt work. Read the manga: *shoves manga up your nose* now read and go nuts!

BONES! You did this to the fans! You've turned everybody into EdRoy fans!!! ARAKAWA (...sp?!) WOULD HAVE NEVER WANTED THIS!!!

NOW!! WHERES MY WEED!!
EDIT: I didnt mean the thing abt the weed, but im a on high, but HALF that sutff, i truly did mean..
Automne
Okay...I'm certainly going to offend someone right now and sound very immature so be prepared! In my opinion, it was already plain stupid to create a thread like this just to flame like crazy but, anyway!

Okay:

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl Posted Today @ 02:55 AM)
Like I said...couples and life...just aint about the smex. Com on people. RoyEd fans have to think about something else. Sure ok, its what people DO! Ok, ill take that. But basically. All Im hearing (I hope its not just me...) from EdRoy fans is. NC 17+ rated fics that go for 5875098356709 chapters long! Besides. It doesnt work. Read the manga: *shoves manga up your nose* now read and go nuts!

I see you have a very good opinion of other pairings when it's not Royai! Understand I'm being ironic? Some Roy/Ed fics are plain stupid, I got to agree, but some are excellent! Result: Each pairing has its part of good fanfics and bad fanfics (Yes, even Royai! O_o)
And you tell us: GO READ THE MANGA and I can answer you: NOTHING HAPPENED YET!
Riza or Roy can perfectly die in the next chapter! And if it happens, Royai disappears ~_~ Sad, huh? (For you, of course)

[spoiler]And since the FMA movie, Royai who was almost cannon became fanon and RoyEd (If what people said is true) became almost canon.[/spoiler]

BONES! You did this to the fans! You've turned everybody into EdRoy fans!!! ARAKAWA (...sp?!) WOULD HAVE NEVER WANTED THIS!!!

Duh, don't damn Bones because they didn't do what you wanted. And I see there's still one person who thinks she knows everything about Arakawa, huh? Like I already said in another thread, how do you know she's not a yaoi fangirl?!! Because she doesn't give any hint in her manga doesn't mean she despises it! A manga ka must be open minded because he/she should know what the fans could do with the characters he/she created! Did Arakawa sensei killed herself? Did she become crazy? Did she ever say anything about RoyEd? I don't think so! So she must be okay with it! That's all.
Ladymercury
._. Oh wells.... we all agree to disagree, ne?
GaluxKitty
I see you have a very good opinion of other pairings when it's not Royai! Understand I'm being ironic? Some Roy/Ed fics are plain stupid, I got to agree, but some are excellent! Result: Each pairing has its part of good fanfics and bad fanfics (Yes, even Royai! O_o)
Riza or Roy can perfectly die in the next chapter! And if it happens, Royai disappears ~_~ Sad, huh? (For you, of course)

Aah... if you don't mind me saying... you don't really seem to have a high opinion of Royai so there's not much point in being sarcastic towards her. ^^; And it's true, every pairings has its good and bad fanfics, and you can trust me when I say Royai has plenty of bad ones... regardless of whether it's my OTP, I point-blank refuse to read half the crap that comes from Royai authors.

And no, nothing has happened in the manga but I must say it's certainly becoming more obvious in recent chapters... and honestly, it looks like Envy isn't going to be around much longer in the manga himself... so... ^^; I honestly think the manga's going to have a bittersweet ending.

I'm sorry if I sounded bitchy or anything... but I just wanted to make a point.
Mikage_Elric
sorry, I ain't a fan of Edxroy.
seventh_sky
I just don't like Royed mostly because of their age difference, I mean Roy is like, 28, and Ed is what? 15-16? To me, that's just wrong.

And it may not be that obvious to most people, but I can see royai in just about every scene that Roy and Riza show up together in XDDDD
Ladymercury
On the topic of Royai: Chapter 50 makes me think naughty things >>

That tension. Oh, the manga and the tension between those two.

Okay, enough of my Royai fit.
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Nov 1 2005, 11:20 PM) [snapback]308055[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Nov 1 2005, 08:12 PM) [snapback]308050[/snapback]

What you think is gross or wrong might seem different to others. Everyone has their own opinion, and people should repsect that. (I do support EdxRoy along with EnvyxEd, but thats just me)

i know but it's just my opinion i don't know it just seems gross to me, again it's just not my cup of tea
GaluxKitty
QUOTE(Ladymercury @ Nov 3 2005, 01:19 PM) [snapback]308433[/snapback]

On the topic of Royai: Chapter 50 makes me think naughty things >>

That tension. Oh, the manga and the tension between those two.

Okay, enough of my Royai fit.

You could cut that tension with a blunt knife, you could. biggrin.gif
~*(Jaded)*~
QUOTE(ed @ Nov 2 2005, 07:23 PM) [snapback]308434[/snapback]

i know but it's just my opinion i don't know it just seems gross to me, again it's just not my cup of tea

Which is perfectly fine, I'm just trying to make a point that not everyone will support a certain paring and we shouldn't critize them for what parings they do like.
Jellybean
What did BONES do to encourage RoyEd fandom? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big RoyEd fan, but I think even yaoi fangirls will agree that this pairing, while fun, is totally not canon in the anime or manga. I feel the need to add here that FMA is not a romance anime, and I don't think it has any pairings you could call canon at this point. And that's OK, fans can use their imaginations.

The age gap is kind of gross, though. I guess I'm not that bothered by it because most of my friends became sexually active around 15-16 and I always liked older guys. Plus, Ed has that whole missing-father-complex, so I can easily see him going for older men. But yeah, if they weren't fictitious characters, Roy would be getting his ass hauled off to jail.
animefangirl
i recently noticed the increasing popularity of royxed,i mean with evry epposode my friend watches the more she thinks about it ,not that theres anything wrong with it its just that its contagous and most of my freinds are starting to get interested in it (including me tongue.gif )and we talk about it a lot and now my freind is bringing royxed fanart to school,yoai fanart i repeatYOAI FANART IN SCHOOL!and wre only 12 !
Automne
QUOTE(GaluxKitty Posted Today @ 04:35 PM)
Aah... if you don't mind me saying... you don't really seem to have a high opinion of Royai so there's not much point in being sarcastic towards her. ^^; And it's true, every pairings has its good and bad fanfics, and you can trust me when I say Royai has plenty of bad ones... regardless of whether it's my OTP, I point-blank refuse to read half the crap that comes from Royai authors.

sleep.gif Did I either say anything about Royai? I don't think so. I just said things that were obvious so there's no need to tell me this because you are yourself a Royai fangirl. And if you ask me about this pairing, I don't care because I don't like any of the characters, point. Oh and another thing, I would have said this if the girl had been an Edwin fan or a yaoi one. People who doesn't seem open minded are the same for me.

QUOTE(GaluxKitty Posted Today @ 04:35 PM)
And no, nothing has happened in the manga but I must say it's certainly becoming more obvious in recent chapters... and honestly, it looks like Envy isn't going to be around much longer in the manga himself... so... ^^; I honestly think the manga's going to have a bittersweet ending.

Even if it is becoming obvious, nothing says it will ever happen. And why are you telling me things like this about Envy? huh.gif I already know what is possible to happen, I'm not stupid and I read each chapter the time they come out, thank you very much. sleep.gif

QUOTE(Jellybean Posted Today @ 09:55 PM)
What did BONES do to encourage RoyEd fandom?

The movie, I guess.
Fullmetal Fangirl
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 2 2005, 08:35 PM) [snapback]308184[/snapback]

Okay...I'm certainly going to offend someone right now and sound very immature so be prepared! In my opinion, it was already plain stupid to create a thread like this just to flame like crazy but, anyway!

Okay:

[spoiler]And since the FMA movie, Royai who was almost cannon became fanon and RoyEd (If what people said is true) became almost canon.[/spoiler]

Duh, don't damn Bones because they didn't do what you wanted. And I see there's still one person who thinks she knows everything about Arakawa, huh? Like I already said in another thread, how do you know she's not a yaoi fangirl?!! Because she doesn't give any hint in her manga doesn't mean she despises it! A manga ka must be open minded because he/she should know what the fans could do with the characters he/she created! Did Arakawa sensei killed herself? Did she become crazy? Did she ever say anything about RoyEd? I don't think so! So she must be okay with it! That's all.

Man! I so needed that! I know, sorry I got carried away a bit..I need a life sooo bad! You're right, in the anime its basically canon, RoyEd you can tell...XD I hate to say it! SO IS ROYAI!!! here i go AGAIN! *hits herself*

Lets start over. It DEPENDS on who ya talking to. There are EdRoy fans, Royai fans EdWin fans AlWIn fans and blah blah blah. Even Elriciest. Someone said its gross to have to brothers well...yeah. Yeah, I kind of agree, but If fans think its ok...well...they ARE fans...liek myself. I dont really care who Ed is paired up with, just not Roy or Riza please biggrin.gif There are good and bad fics. Yes, check. But I just dont liek it when people randomly pair people with each other...
E.g. Roze/Fuery. But thats just an example..! Dont take any of that in please!

But...did you just say...Roy or Riza's gonna die?! I seriously dont get your drift! *stares at you* explain maybe.

@sky
Japanese people and yaoi fans dont beleive in "AGE DIFFERENCE" ...seriously, I think we all know from experience, but yeah, in real life, that would be sick. Like on Jerry Springer...im not even gonna say!

EDIT: Get caught with yaoi at school by teachers and Ill laugh my ass off! Not to make fun, but it would be funny.
Teacher: Wat is THIS?!
Fangirl: Uuuum...portrait
Teacher: Of who?!
Fangirl: uuum...i didnt think of that...heh...
*Fangirl lands in detentions for bring yaoi to school*
Im not funny am i?
Automne
^ Sorry too then, I guess ~_~. I get carried away very easily.

I don't have anything against because, long long ago, it was allowed to 'keep the blood of the family' or I don't know what but since Ed and Al can't have babies. XD But their brotherly love is true, that's what is very touching.

QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl Posted Today @ 12:13 AM)
But...did you just say...Roy or Riza's gonna die?! I seriously dont get your drift! *stares at you* explain maybe.

I just said this like this because Arakawa sensei is very surprising sometimes but, of course, I doubt she'll do it since they're both important characters but for the moment:

[spoiler]It seems like they're going to be separated and if I remember correctly, Roy is in big trouble.[/spoiler]

Ladymercury
[spoiler]Nothing ain't gonna happen to Roy since he's a sacrifice and they need to keep him a live... for a while longer[/spoiler]
edluver08
I'm not a yaoi fan. Actually, I hate it. tongue.gif But some people like it and I think its okay. One of my friends actually likes it and I put up with it. My opinion is if you can't stand it, don't look at it. I absolutly cannot stand Elricest because EW!!!! they're brothers for cryig out loud. But I just ignore it when I read fanfics and stuff. I other people find pleasure in it, be my guest and read it. But if you don't, you don't need to gripe out the people who do. And the people who like it don't need to gripe out the ones who think it's gross. As for me, I'll stick to RoyxRisa, EdxWin, and AlxWin. cool.gif
Jellybean
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 3 2005, 07:10 AM) [snapback]308619[/snapback]

I don't have anything against because, long long ago, it was allowed to 'keep the blood of the family' or I don't know what but since Ed and Al can't have babies. XD But their brotherly love is true, that's what is very touching.

Yaoi incest doesn't actually bother me as much as hetero incest, it's not like two brothers are going to go having two-headed babies or anything. When I first heard of elricest, I thought it was kind of ...ew *cringe*, but now I read some really cute Elricest fanfiction and doujinshi and I'm totally into it. The G-rated ones are basically just them being cutesy and brotherly anyway. wub.gif It's probably the sweetest of the fma yaoi pairings, since all the ones involving Roy and EnvyEd tend to be kind of angsty and sadistic. I have to be careful to avoid everything that's not post-series, though, cause those are either shouta or Armor!AlxEd. >.< Ugh. No metal sex for me, thanks.

Tombow
I agree. I guess, to me, it's more to do with the content, than a "category" of fanfic.
Ladymercury
My pairings usually aim towards the idea of " it has to either happen in the anime or 'could' happen in the anime ". lol, just because when I write my stories, I likd consistancy and acuracy XD
seventh_sky
I agree with Ladymercury, most of the pairings I like are usually ones that you can really see happening in the anime XD
Automne
QUOTE(Jellybean Posted Yesterday @ 05:27 PM)
QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 3 2005 @ 07:10 AM)

Yaoi incest doesn't actually bother me as much as hetero incest, it's not like two brothers are going to go having two-headed babies or anything. When I first heard of elricest, I thought it was kind of ...ew *cringe*, but now I read some really cute Elricest fanfiction and doujinshi and I'm totally into it. The G-rated ones are basically just them being cutesy and brotherly anyway. It's probably the sweetest of the fma yaoi pairings, since all the ones involving Roy and EnvyEd tend to be kind of angsty and sadistic. I have to be careful to avoid everything that's not post-series, though, cause those are either shouta or Armor!AlxEd. >.< Ugh. No metal sex for me, thanks.

I really really loved Elricest at a time (Without it taking over my EnEd obsession happy.gif) Now, I still like it and I don't mind a good fanfic sometimes. There are so much at Livejournal and the brothers are often kept in character (And their feelings are angsty. Yes, I'm addicted to angst, certainly because of EnvyEd but Elricest is more touching especially when there's a bit of fluff - but not too much or I die >_<). I even thought once Bones gave elricest hints (Like some Al's quotes : 'I want to stay with you forever' - 'I want to feel you again, brother' or even an ending song with the world 'Darling' at the end...But of course, I get convinced over something way too easily happy.gif;;) EnvyEd can be interesting too, there are so much alike ~_~ Of course, when I say this, I mean
[spoiler]some of their feelings for their Father.[/spoiler]

There are really good fics with this pairing out there (Like Lykomancer's ones at LJ. There is a lot of smut but there are some G-PG rated ones).
ed's numbuh 1 fan
QUOTE(~*(Jaded)*~ @ Nov 2 2005, 11:46 PM) [snapback]308513[/snapback]

QUOTE(ed @ Nov 2 2005, 07:23 PM) [snapback]308434[/snapback]

Which is perfectly fine, I'm just trying to make a point that not everyone will support a certain paring and we shouldn't critize them for what parings they do like.

i know i know i'm just saying

QUOTE(Jellybean @ Nov 4 2005, 07:27 PM) [snapback]309169[/snapback]

Yaoi incest doesn't actually bother me as much as hetero incest, it's not like two brothers are going to go having two-headed babies or anything. When I first heard of elricest, I thought it was kind of ...ew *cringe*, but now I read some really cute Elricest fanfiction and doujinshi and I'm totally into it. The G-rated ones are basically just them being cutesy and brotherly anyway. wub.gif It's probably the sweetest of the fma yaoi pairings, since all the ones involving Roy and EnvyEd tend to be kind of angsty and sadistic. I have to be careful to avoid everything that's not post-series, though, cause those are either shouta or Armor!AlxEd. >.< Ugh. No metal sex for me, thanks.

i know what you mean. well now "brotherly love" i like because it's really sweet and cute just not when they're like...you know XP
laugh.gif
blackrider76
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Nov 4 2005, 04:27 PM) [snapback]309169[/snapback]

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Nov 3 2005, 07:10 AM) [snapback]308619[/snapback]

yeah, a lot of envyXed GOOD fanfics are all sad, and they finish it in a sad way ;_;

LOL metal sex. I find that kinda wierd too, since hes empty
Jellybean
Bwahaha, yaoi fangirls have taken over the yaoi-hater thread!

Just kidding. I can see how people would hate it. I don't like HughesRoy very much myself, because I love Hughes as a devoted family man. I imagine alot of Royai fans hate RoyEd for much the same reason (besides, y'know, the gayness).

On a sidenote, it always strikes me as funny when people write RoyEd as royed. It looks like a verb. You've been royed! laugh.gif
blackrider76
i just noticed the title says: edXeoy
Ladymercury
Its not the gayness, its the age-ness. tongue.gif
AA battery
I hate both Ed/Win and Roy/Ed tho however...

I did hate RoyxEd for its Pedo-ness, yet [spoiler] I don't mind 18 yrs old!Ed x 13 yrs old!Al with their 5 years age difference.... incest + pedophilia should be more wrong, but oh well...[/spoiler]

QUOTE(GaluxKitty @ Oct 31 2005, 03:27 PM) [snapback]307376[/snapback]

[spoiler]Pretty much all Ed pairing except Ed/Al and Noa/Ed got cancelled out after the movie after they shut the Gate.... and while people bitch about Royai getting no closure, perhaps their closure was simply getting back into their normal routine. happy.gif It doesn't really matter which pairing you support, because there will always be opposition, but you just have to make sure you enjoy yourself with it, I think.[/spoiler]

Yay. <3

QUOTE(Jellybean @ Nov 4 2005, 04:27 PM) [snapback]309169[/snapback]

... you are awesome. Let's be friends. xD (I don't like metal!smut either... I am all for Ed x Human!Al... [spoiler] and maybe Alfons x Alphonse, but that's just totally random because it shouldn't happen.[/spoiler]

and as someone has mentioned... i mean, yea, not like Ed and Al can have 2 headed babies... I found het incest kinda... ick, too.

and well, for the topic starter... again, if you hate it, don't look at it.

If you looked at it, forget it. (This is what I do with RoyxEd since my friends force me to see them)

If you found what you like, stamp it onto your brain so that other disgusting pairings won't take over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.